X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Okay, time to resolve the Peters issue.

Okay, the games are over. As pointed out in the Buffalo News yesterday, it's time to get our best player into camp, or at least get a new deal worked out.

If this team has any chance at a playoff spot it won't be without Peters on the field. Period.

I'm not going to watch Chambers get schooled in week 2, have Edwards get hurt, and than watch J.P. Epilepsy run around the field for the rest of the season.

I've personally invested way too much time into this team to watch us spend another season struggling.

Get Peters finished.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Okay, time to resolve the Peters issue.

Agreed this is really getting ridiculous.

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

Hell, I'd settle for a few words from Peters or Parker about this situation. The silence sucks.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Okay, the games are over. As pointed out in the Buffalo News yesterday, it's time to get our best player into camp, or at least get a new deal worked out.

If this team has any chance at a playoff spot it won't be without Peters on the field. Period.

I'm not going to watch Chambers get schooled in week 2, have Edwards get hurt, and than watch J.P. Epilepsy run around .
        JP Epilepsy, LOL.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I don't know how the Bills even begin discussions when neither Peters nor his agent will talk. I guess we send them a big check or a new contract and hope it gets their attention?
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

I agreed with management that Peters should show good faith and get into camp, then they would renogotiate.....then I thought about it...and Peters has the most to lose here. He is going to get 1-2 big contracts in his career, this being one of them...and from those contracts has to take care of his family for life.

Can't begrudge the guy for that, especially when he isn't the smartest guy on earth....he's for sure going to be listening to his agent because he is not self secure enough to think it out on his own.

If he shows up to camp and gets injured on the second day.....and that injury leads to poor performance, etc......his current right tackle contract is the best he'll ever do....and that sucks for him. The Bills would have no pity.

This is a business. The smart business move for Peters is to hold out until they renegotiate....and the smart business move for the Bills is to renegotiate now....the more time they waste without having Peters in camp, the closer they get to starting the season off poorly and having to play catch up all year....something that young teams are not usually very good at.

The Bills have reached the point where they have to get a deal done, period.
            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

The Bills have tried to contact Peters and his agent

Start placing the blame where it belongs... Peters and Parker...

The Bills are completley out of this equation, and no way in hell will they just hand over money without some dialog, and a physical.

Peters is holding the team hostage and everyones ire should be pointed towards the obvious.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                The Bills have tried to contact Peters and his agent

Start placing the blame where it belongs... Peters and Parker...

The Bills are completley out of this equation, and no way in hell will they just hand over money without some dialog, and a physical.

Peters is holding the team hostage and everyones ire should be pointed towards the obvious.
                Your really believe that they have tried to contact him and he won't return their calls? What is he holding out for?

The current situation is clear:

1) Peters is holding out for more money

2) The Bills have told him he has to come back to camp before they talk money

That is the standoff. If the Bills were to reach out to Parker and say they were ready to talk money, do you think he wouldn't talk?

At a minimum, the Bills should offer to bump his salary this year and re-do the contract after the year. When Parker and Richard Seymour held out, that is what the Pats did. Seymour camp back with a 40% raise in salary for that year and signed a big-money contract extension after the season.

Peters is too important for the Bills to let it drag into the season. It would be monumentally stupid, and they would be punishing themselves as much as him. They need to deal with him.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

How many more years did seymour have left on his contract??

Originally posted by NE39
                  Your really believe that they have tried to contact him and he won't return their calls? What is he holding out for?

That is the standoff. If the Bills were to reach out to Parker and say they were ready to talk money, do you think he wouldn't talk?

At a minimum, the Bills should offer to bump his salary this year and re-do the contract after the year. When Parker and Richard Seymour held out, that is what the Pats did. Seymour camp back with a 40% raise in salary for that year and signed a big-money contract extension after the season.

Peters is too important for the Bills to let it drag into the season. It would be monumentally stupid, and they would be punishing themselves as much as him. They need to deal with him.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Text messages and phone calLs to Parker and Peters have not been returned.

what else can they do ?

I have yet to here Peters or Parker do any talking saying that they haven't been contacted... therefore the blame at this point is only on Peters and Parker. Nor would they offer to bum his salry without talking. Peters and Parker are just being assanine *****s IMO.

When Peters and Parker state they have tried to contact the Bills but the Bills won't return their calls then we'll discuss it from that angle... as of now we know that the Bills have tried to contact them.

Use a tad bit of common sense here. Nobody in their right mind is going to whip up a 50 million $$$ contract without discussion 1st.

I'm in the camp that seems to believe Peters is still injured... Because his silence does not make any sense.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

ONe side has publicly made claims and the other side didn't deny it.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I don't know how the Bills even begin discussions when neither Peters nor his agent will talk. I guess we send them a big check or a new contract and hope it gets their attention?
                        That's exactly what they should do. Parker's fax machine should be buzzing with a new contract offer and a note from Brandon, that says call me, lets make a deal!

Calls and Texts lecturing them on being a good person and a showing of good faith are not being returned but we've heard no indication that they are even mentioning dollars yet. Plus I think both Parker and the Bills are being over dramatic in the media.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          ONe side has publicly made claims and the other side didn't deny it.
                          Why would you deny it? This isn't a he said, she said game. Parker knows what he's doing, he has no need to resort to games.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Why would you deny it? This isn't a he said, she said game. Parker knows what he's doing, he has no need to resort to games.

we are making assumptions on what we know. So far one side has said something and the other hasn't . For now we're assuming that the bills have made contact and Peters/Parker hasn' replied....unless you have inside sources too.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              we are making assumptions on what we know. So far one side has said something and the other hasn't . For now we're assuming that the bills have made contact and Peters/Parker hasn' replied....unless you have inside sources too.
                              Im not really making any assumptions Im going on what we know and I see no logic as to why Peters or Parker should respond unless their is talk about a new deal now, not after he reports. As NE has pointed out numerous times, Parker has a way of doing things that works for him and produces results, why in the world would he bend to the will of the Bills?
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X