PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Stafford

DraftBoy
08-05-2008, 09:07 AM
The Georgia Bulldogs are the Coaches Preseason #1 team. They have also assumed the rule of a renegade school which recruits players of questionable character, but high skill level. This offseason Georgia has kicked one player off the team for hospitalizing a fellow UGA student and suspended 5 other players for their season opener against Georgia Southern. Now granted only one of these players was expected to start, but still the question remains who exactly is in charge over there??

Enter stage right QB Matthew Stafford. The #1 ranked QB in the 2006 HS Class coming out of Texas, Stafford choose Georgia over schools like Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, FSU and many others. This 6'3, 237lbs QB threw for 2523 yards last season, 19 TD's, 10 INT's, and completed 56% of his passes. This is the guy is the person who rests the UGA national championship hopes on his shoulders, so what does he do the first time the entire team gets together for a team activity after all these off the field issues? He reams the entire team publicly, calling out players who have been in trouble, warning those that haven't to be very careful. He rants on and on about how a national championship contending team is supposed to act and compares players actions to that of immature HS kids. Matthew Stafford came into Georgia as a highly heralded HS QB, but now entering his junior year at Georgia Matthew Stafford is the man.

Stafford showed us yesterday afternoon what so many of us want in an NFL player. He showed fire, intensity, leadership, passion, and charisma. He wasn't asked to lambaste his teammates, he wasn't asked to talk to anyone. He choose to do that on his own accord. He wanted to show his team that they didn't just have to answer to the coaches or the university but they had to answer to him. With the questions being floated about his consistency, his leadership, if he really was the player to lead this team to the promised land, Matthew Stafford stepped up threw all of that off of him and showed us the It. Make no mistake about it when I say this yesterday Morning I had Matthew Stafford as the top ranked Junior QB in this potential 2009 class, I know far and away have Matthew Stafford ranked as the top QB in the entire class. I also think that Georgia is in good hands with the gunslinger from Texas under center.

By: :db:

hydro
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
You write this? If not where is the link :tap:

DraftBoy
08-05-2008, 09:20 AM
You write this? If not where is the link :tap:

Yes I wrote it.

hydro
08-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes I wrote it.

:bf1: Good read!

tampabay25690
08-05-2008, 05:27 PM
He is a good player....
He is the one that finally gave that team the swagger to beat Florida...

Florida vs Georgia this year should be a good one!!!!!

coastal
08-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Kick ass post... I personally am excited to watch the Bulldogs this year.

Strafford is a large part of that.