S Jackson must report today to count this year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce is Loose
    • Jul 2002

S Jackson must report today to count this year...

Per ESPN, Jackson must report today or else this does not count as a year on his contract and also does not count as a year of eligibility. Is this the same for Peters? I thought he had until week 10 to report.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: S Jackson must report today to count this year...

Week 10 is to accrue the year of your contract.
    30 days before the opener (today) is to accrue a year towards unrestricted FA.

Presumably this wouldn't really matter for Peters since he has 3 years left on his deal. Jackson has 1 year left so if he misses today and reports by week 10 he would only be a restricted FA after this year.

...or at least that's how I understood this whole 30 days thing.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

I thought this date was significant only with regards to getting credit for the year towards retirement.
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by tanked
        Per ESPN, Jackson must report today or else this does not count as a year on his contract and also does not count as a year of eligibility. Is this the same for Peters? I thought he had until week 10 to report.
        You are mixing up two different things, two separate clauses in the CBA. He has to report today to accrue a year towards FA. However, he has to be active for 6 games to accrue an NFL year towards his contract and pension.

It isn't a big deal for Jackson not to accrue a year towards FA, since he already has 4 years in the league and thus qualifies. If he reports for 6 games, he will be credited for a year as far as his contract is concerned. The August 8 day is meaningless to him.

Comment

Working...
        X