PDA

View Full Version : Peters could be demoted to Portland

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-05-2008, 11:54 AM
WGRZ's sports Adam Benigini,

Sabres enforcer Andrew Peters could be demoted to Portland. It's highly unlikely this would happen, but Portland's head coach Kevin Dineen has asked the Sabres to add toughness to Portland's roster.

Andrew Peters brother Geoff played for Portland last season. Peters has one year remaining on his contract and will be an Unresticted Free Agent after this season.

Peters had only played in 44 games last season.

hydro
08-05-2008, 12:25 PM
:cry: :wave:

THATHURMANATOR
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Eh might as well keep him around.

SabreEleven
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm ok with this.

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Don't let the door hit you in ass.

OpIv37
08-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I really hope Mair, Kaleta, Gaustad and Rivet are ready to step up and throw down. Peters' hockey skills leave a lot to be desired but the Sabres need to be tougher. I'm not sure how dropping the only guy on the team willing to fight is going to accomplish that.

bigbub2352
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I hate to say it but we need tuffness with the big club as well we have very small team and need players to be hitting and grinding not finess cause finess will ose everytime in the playoffs, we need size as well both AHL and here

hydro
08-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I hate to say it but we need tuffness with the big club as well we have very small team and need players to be hitting and grinding not finess cause finess will ose everytime in the playoffs, we need size as well both AHL and here

He does nothing on the ice whatsoever. He is slow and plays like 10mins. This isn't much of a loss if he is demoted. With Rivet, a physical presence on the blue line, should at least account for the loss of Peters.

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I really hope Mair, Kaleta, Gaustad and Rivet are ready to step up and throw down. Peters' hockey skills leave a lot to be desired but the Sabres need to be tougher. I'm not sure how dropping the only guy on the team willing to fight is going to accomplish that.

But he loses his fights, so his "toughness" does no good.

Give me somebody like Mair or Gaustad will gith when necessary and actually win as opposed to Peters who participates in arranged fights only and gets pummeled.

OpIv37
08-05-2008, 01:58 PM
But he loses his fights, so his "toughness" does no good.

Give me somebody like Mair or Gaustad will gith when necessary and actually win as opposed to Peters who participates in arranged fights only and gets pummeled.

sometimes losing a fight is better than not getting in one at all. when the Flyers took that cheap shot on Tallinder, NO ONE did anything about it. When was the last time Gaustad was actually in a fight? Does anyone even remember?

And I like Gaustad too- he did go after Ovechkin after the cheap shot on Briere- but I'm not sure that Gaustad or Mair are up to the "enforcer" task.

hydro
08-05-2008, 02:00 PM
sometimes losing a fight is better than not getting in one at all. when the Flyers took that cheap shot on Tallinder, NO ONE did anything about it. When was the last time Gaustad was actually in a fight? Does anyone even remember?

And I like Gaustad too- he did go after Ovechkin after the cheap shot on Briere- but I'm not sure that Gaustad or Mair are up to the "enforcer" task.

Maybe they would be if we didn't have any other option. No need for them to step into that role if we had Peters on the roster.

OpIv37
08-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Maybe they would be if we didn't have any other option. No need for them to step into that role if we had Peters on the roster.

but Peters only played 44 games- where were Gaustad and Mair in the other 40?

hydro
08-05-2008, 02:20 PM
but Peters only played 44 games- where were Gaustad and Mair in the other 40?

Who is to say they weren't? Was a intimidator needed in those games? Maybe they did get into it when need be? I don't have the memory of each game Peters was out, to know either way and I am sure you don't either.

Coaches know the importance of a player that can stick up for the little guys. If they didn't setup the roster with a guy that can take Peters place they would be just asking for problems. If you have researched Rivet at all he sticks up for his players constantly. Just search him on youtube. All his vids are of him beating the crap out of someone that delivered a cheap shot or something.

BlackMetalNinja
08-05-2008, 02:21 PM
I'll have to agree with Op on this one... kind of. We need Peters as he's the only person constantly willing to fight. It's just too bad he sucks at that much like everything else.

I wouldn't be heartbroken in the least to see him gone, but we need somebody else to fill that role first. We've got a few "tough, gritty" guys, but we have no other fighter. Somebody has to be willing to go out there on a nightly basis and throw down if one of our guys gets run or something.

Gaustad and Mair do that on rare occasions, but not at all consistently.

I need to see Rivet fill that role during the season before I'm comfortable tossing Peters away.

bigbub2352
08-05-2008, 02:39 PM
He does nothing on the ice whatsoever. He is slow and plays like 10mins. This isn't much of a loss if he is demoted. With Rivet, a physical presence on the blue line, should at least account for the loss of Peters.

Oh sorry u misunderstood me, i was talking about the team overall, Peters sucks, wish he could have gone after a player like McGratton, or kept Big Bear and got rid of a player like Max, or Connolly and replaced them with size and toughness Portland can have Peters, i wish we would bring up Manacari

Dr. Pepper
08-05-2008, 03:19 PM
First of all, Peters has a one way contract, and the Sabres are cheap. They aren't going to pay him that kind of money to play in the AHL. He could also get scooped up on waivers, and when we call him back up he can get taken and we'd have to pay half his salary. Again that's something the Sabres would avoid at all costs. Finally, Peters is extremely important in the locker room and is well liked by everyone, it would ruffle a lot of feathers by demoting him. In the NHL, team chemistry and cohesion is a very important factor.

Nighthawk
08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
WGRZ's sports Adam Benigini,

Sabres enforcer Andrew Peters could be demoted to Portland. It's highly unlikely this would happen, but Portland's head coach Kevin Dineen has asked the Sabres to add toughness to Portland's roster.

Andrew Peters brother Geoff played for Portland last season. Peters has one year remaining on his contract and will be an Unresticted Free Agent after this season.

Peters had only played in 44 games last season.

Umm, and why wouldn't the Sabres do that??? Peters is a waste of a roster spot...PERIOD!