PDA

View Full Version : Former Viking Ted Brown investigated in Mille Lacs

Gunzlingr
04-25-2003, 09:31 AM
ST. PAUL (AP) _ Former Minnesota Vikings running back Ted Brown is being investigated by Mille Lacs County authorities after two sexual assaults were reported during the team's Arctic Blast fund-raiser, Brown's attorney said.

Minneapolis attorney Steve Meshbesher would not disclose what Brown is being investigated for, but told the St. Paul Pioneer Press on Wednesday it involves ``the allegation of a woman.''

In a letter dated March 20 to Mille Lacs County Sheriff Brett Lindgren and Mille Lacs County Attorney Jan Kolb, Meshbesher said that he counseled Brown not to make any formal statements.

Brown, a Ramsey County probation officer, was the Vikings' first-round draft choice from North Carolina State in 1979. He played for eight years and is the fourth-leading rusher in franchise history. He is an assistant football coach at Minneapolis North High School.

Brown, Lindgren and Kolb did not immediately return phone calls from The Associated Press on Thursday.

MORE (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageId=12646808)

honey
04-26-2003, 05:55 PM
My Schwan's man went to that event. Said Bouman was so drunk he couldn't even walk. :( I love my Schwan's man - he always talks football with me! :D