PDA

View Full Version : Which would you prefer?

DrGraves
08-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Since todays theme seems to be superbowl dreams...

Which scenario would you pick:

1. The Bills win the superbowl and then the franchise is immediately sold and shipped off to toronto

2. The Bills stay in Buffalo and take your chances to see a super bowl victory in your lifetime

Mitchy moo
08-05-2008, 12:28 PM
C.) We win the SB and Jim Kelly's gang buys the Bills to stay in Buffalo.

DrGraves
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Skooby! Its only hypothetically, I want to see if people are more intersted in winning the superbowl or if their loyalty lies in buffalo

don137
08-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Hollow victory if they moved.

SABuffalo786
08-05-2008, 12:42 PM
A Superbowl isn't worth the soul of the city. If they're here forever it'd happen eventually.

trapezeus
08-05-2008, 04:45 PM
if moving is an inevitability that the local and state politicians can't seem to stop. And i don't mean actually getting involved with football as much as i mean their inability to get jobs into the area, then i say, get me a superbowl.

I have all these memories when i watch games from years past. and i love that about my fandom with the Bills and Sabres. And thats one of the reason that i could never root for other teams with the passion i root for these two teams.

To make those memories stick and not depress the hell out of me, i would like to see the bills win one and if the price tag is to lose the team, that's fine. i think Buffalo as a city could get stronger without a team holding them hostage. i think the sabres get better quickly. and i think the state's $63mm for stadium renovations could be used in better ways.

Coach Sal
08-05-2008, 09:13 PM
That's easy.

As un-effing-believably great it would be to win a Super Bowl, that incredible high would still never be able to match the incredible low and heartache of losing the team.

It's the same in coaching. The wins are great. But the losses stay with you longer. The lows, unfortunately, are always "lower" than the highs are "higher."

"Bills stay forever!"

Mitchy moo
08-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Nice post coach.

Mitchell55
08-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Stay forever. You will be excited about the superbowl for 2-3 years, then your back to normal. If your team is gone, you think about that your whole life.