PDA

View Full Version : Peters a cancer? HA!

X-Era
08-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Brett Favre is now a cancer. Hall of famer or not the guy is a douche.

Peters is at least keeping quiet. Favre cant manage to stop running his mouth. Hes trashing everyone at this point including Aaron Rodgers, his good friend.

To think some people actually wanted this tool as a Bill.

Hopefully the Peters situation will resolve itself soon... No way he isnt playing come the start of the season, hes not that stupid.

RingofFire
08-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Peters is no better. They are both cancers

RingofFire
08-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Peters is at least keeping quiet. Favre cant manage to stop running his mouth. Hes trashing everyone at this point including Aaron Rodgers, his good friend.

Hopefully the Peters situation will resolve itself soon... No way he isnt playing come the start of the season, hes not that stupid.

You won't see him till week 10.

X-Era
08-05-2008, 03:15 PM
You won't see him till week 10.

Your posts appear to be cancerous

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Brett Favre is now a cancer. Hall of famer or not the guy is a douche.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Are you serious? How so? Please elaborate.

Peters is at least keeping quiet. Favre cant manage to stop running his mouth. Hes trashing everyone at this point including Aaron Rodgers, his good friend.<o:p></o:p>
I’d like a link or video link to Favre trashing Aaron Rodgers? I’ve yet to see one disparaging word come from Bret’s mouth concerning Rodgers. Favre’s big beef is with the GM Thompson. He decided he wanted to unretire and play. The Packers stance is Rodgers is the starter and they’ve “moved on.” That’s fine with Favre, he wants what is logical. If this team is “moving on” he wants to be released. Thompson saying a TRILLION times the team has “moved on” is the bull**** statement in all of this. If they like Rodgers more going forward then let Favre go and let him play elsewhere. If they like Rodgers more than why are they holding Favre hostage. They won’t release him.. They won’t trade him within their division. You call that “moving forward.??” Thompson is the scumbag in this whole ordeal, Bret just wants to play football.

To think some people actually wanted this tool as a Bill.<o:p></o:p>
If Bret ever put on a Bills uniform it would take him all of 2 seconds to be the best QB this team has EVER had, and I don’t care how old he is. Tool? That show’s about as much lack of football knowledge as I’ve ever seen on his board in six years. I don’t think there is an educated football fan in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">United States</st1:place></st1:country-region> that at WORST wouldn’t call Favre one of the best 10 QB’s in the history of this game.

Hopefully the Peters situation will resolve itself soon... No way he isnt playing come the start of the season, hes not that stupid.<o:p></o:p>
None of us know that. We’re all hopeful but nobody knows. Peters is coming off as extremely selfish in this; and the Bills aren’t showing me much either. At this point, it seems they’d rather throw away a potentially very good season to prove the point that a “contract is a contract”.<o:p></o:p>
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ronald Hinckleberry
08-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Peters is definitely a cancer. If I saw him in public I would spit in his worthless ungrateful face!

When I was in the marines I took down bigger and badder and he certainly don't intimidate me.

Mudflap1
08-05-2008, 04:20 PM
How is Brett Favre a cancer? The guy is the all-time passing leader in NFL history and his team told him that they didn't want him around.

Jon

BAM
08-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I don't agree with any of that. I think Favre's just speaking his mind. He has a right IMO.

That's what's wrong with society. He spoke his mind! Boo- ***** - Hoo! Sue him! (high probablility that could happen before it's all over)

coastal
08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Brett Farve has the Packers right where he wants them.

They can't cut him secondary to the cap and can't trade him without his buy-in.

He can and did force his way back onto the team.

The problem arose for Brett when he actually reported and he realized that even though he can do all of those things...

... he can't force his way back onto the field or into the organizations plan.

There is something to be said about face to face meetings.

X-Era
08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Brett Favre is now a cancer. Hall of famer or not the guy is a douche.<o:p></o:p>
Are you serious? How so? Please elaborate.

Peters is at least keeping quiet. Favre cant manage to stop running his mouth. Hes trashing everyone at this point including Aaron Rodgers, his good friend.<o:p></o:p>
I’d like a link or video link to Favre trashing Aaron Rodgers? I’ve yet to see one disparaging word come from Bret’s mouth concerning Rodgers. Favre’s big beef is with the GM Thompson. He decided he wanted to unretire and play. The Packers stance is Rodgers is the starter and they’ve “moved on.” That’s fine with Favre, he wants what is logical. If this team is “moving on” he wants to be released. Thompson saying a TRILLION times the team has “moved on” is the bull**** statement in all of this. If they like Rodgers more going forward then let Favre go and let him play elsewhere. If they like Rodgers more than why are they holding Favre hostage. They won’t release him.. They won’t trade him within their division. You call that “moving forward.??” Thompson is the scumbag in this whole ordeal, Bret just wants to play football.

To think some people actually wanted this tool as a Bill.<o:p></o:p>
If Bret ever put on a Bills uniform it would take him all of 2 seconds to be the best QB this team has EVER had, and I don’t care how old he is. Tool? That show’s about as much lack of football knowledge as I’ve ever seen on his board in six years. I don’t think there is an educated football fan in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">United States</st1:place></st1:country-region> that at WORST wouldn’t call Favre one of the best 10 QB’s in the history of this game.

Hopefully the Peters situation will resolve itself soon... No way he isnt playing come the start of the season, hes not that stupid.<o:p></o:p>
None of us know that. We’re all hopeful but nobody knows. Peters is coming off as extremely selfish in this; and the Bills aren’t showing me much either. At this point, it seems they’d rather throw away a potentially very good season to prove the point that a “contract is a contract”.<o:p></o:p>
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Have you been keeping up witrh this mess?

Brett is now refusing to play for GB, NOT because he isnt paid enough, NOT because he doesnt have a shot at the starting job, but because his feelings are hurt.

Hes a pussy. A cry baby.

So, instead he will be on the Packs roster, collecting his check, hanging out GB complaining, but refusing to play.

THAT makes him a cancer!!!!

As far as him trashing Rodgers, he told Mike, "“I’ll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be, but this probably isn’t going to work. And I truly understand that if I was in Mike’s shoes, I’d see it basically the same way he sees it, I’m sure. And I think if he was in my shoes, he’d see it my way. I think we both agree on that.

To him its a slam dunk, no question asked competition that hes going to win the starting job. He just told you that hes better than Aaron Rodgers, thats trashing him. Chances are good he would win it, but he should say little WHEN he wins, and if he loses, says less. Its arrogance, hes a douche.

X-Era
08-05-2008, 05:38 PM
How is Brett Favre a cancer? The guy is the all-time passing leader in NFL history and his team told him that they didn't want him around.

Jon

WRONG! He just told his team that he doesnt want to play for them anymore because his wimpy feelings are hurt. They will let him compete and play.

X-Era
08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't agree with any of that. I think Favre's just speaking his mind. He has a right IMO.

That's what's wrong with society. He spoke his mind! Boo- ***** - Hoo! Sue him! (high probablility that could happen before it's all over)

Excatly! Boo friggin hoo, quit crying (while being paid 9 million next year) and compete and play.

X-Era
08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
RUMOR: Brett has been traded to TB:http://savebrett.net/home/brett-favre-traded-to-tampa-bay.html
We will see if it turns out to be true.

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Have you been keeping up witrh this mess?
I most certainly have, with a keen eye in hopes he lands anywhere but with the Jets..

Brett is now refusing to play for GB, NOT because he isnt paid enough, NOT because he doesnt have a shot at the starting job, but because his feelings are hurt.
Absurdly not true.. He hasn't refused to play for the Packers; THEY are refusing to let him play.. Didn't he just go to GB to report? IN fact, the Packers are placing on on the NFI list (non football list)

Hes a pussy. A cry baby.
He's such a pussy that nobody in the HISTORY OF FOOTBALL has played in more consecutive games than him, NOBODY.. But ya, he's a "pussy".. I'd be more select with my wording if you're looking for a shred of credability.

So, instead he will be on the Packs roster, collecting his check, hanging out GB complaining, but refusing to play.
He wants to get RELEASED, and he SHOULD have that right... Thompson has stated a billion times they're "moving ahead" with Rodgers.. He's fine with that.. IF Rodgers is your man, then let me go so I can play elsewhere.. Do you see the problem with that? The team is holding him hostage by trying to force him to stay retired; he can't play in GB and they wont trade him to a team he wants to go to?

THAT makes him a cancer!!!!

As far as him trashing Rodgers, he told Mike, "“I’ll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be, but this probably isn’t going to work. And I truly understand that if I was in Mike’s shoes, I’d see it basically the same way he sees it, I’m sure. And I think if he was in my shoes, he’d see it my way. I think we both agree on that.
HE stated what everyone, including Rodgers' own momma knows; that in a fair competition he'd wipe the floor with Rodgers.. That's not trashing the kid at all; that's merely stating what everyone on earth, except apparently know already knows.

To him its a slam dunk, no question asked competition that hes going to win the starting job. He just told you that hes better than Aaron Rodgers, thats trashing him. Chances are good he would win it, but he should say little WHEN he wins, and if he loses, says less. Its arrogance, hes a douche.
He's one of the greatest QB of all time, of course it's a ****ing slam dunk he would win the starting job.. Is that a REVELATION TO YOU??

X-Era
08-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Pat, where are you getting this stuff?

How in the hell can a player demand to be released? How does that work? He has a thing called a contract. He agreed to play FOR THE PACKERS for a set amount of time and signed his name on it.

He has NO right to demand a trade or release. He has a right to play, and is even being given an open shot at the starting job and be paid 9 million for doing that. Boo friggin hoo, wow, how terrible for Brett.

This is friggin football, not a soap opera. You dont get to demand a trade because your feelings are hurt. Its frikkin football and I dont care if the guy can turn water into wine... or cheese, hes ONE player out of 53.

BTW, you can blow the guy all you want, but when he runs his mouth about slam dunking the job, hes a douche and a cancer... PERIOD!

Hes a pussy because he wont go out and do what the Pack is now willing to let him do, GO OUT AND PLAY! If thats all he wanted, why isnt he just doing it? Because hes a drama queen and an egotistical clown at this point.

I love the way he plays, I love what he brought to the game, but he should have just left on a high note. Instead, hes starting to taint himself.

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
He is NOT being given an open competition and a chance to start.. Reading a "report" is like buying the first house... Don't get sold on the first one you see.

Mudflap1
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
WRONG! He just told his team that he doesnt want to play for them anymore because his wimpy feelings are hurt. They will let him compete and play.

He said that he self-admittedly would be a distraction to the team competing for the starting job, because the Packers stated in the first place that they didn't want him to come back, they wanted to pay him off to stay retired.

Favre forced the issue. The Packers did not have a choice about Favre re-joining the roster. Favre was the one that made that decision to reinstate himself. Now the Packers have to decide what to do. They have already stated repeatedly that they wanted him to stay retired and/or just go away. So him staying on the Packers is a foregone conclusion to be an uncomfortable/unusual situation. Favre doesn't want that. If the Packers don't want Favre around (which they don't), then Favre wants the option to be let go so he can choose where he wants to go, or be traded to a team that he feels comfortable with. Considering he is the NFL's all-time passing leader, I don't think this is an unreasonable position.

Jon

Owen DeBoard
08-05-2008, 06:59 PM

The thing that u got to respect him for is that he aint comin back just for the money the guy loves to play the game. He was offered 20 million to stay away and he refused it. How many other players would turn that down?

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 07:02 PM
After today, I think he'd play in Minnesota for the league min in order to have a chance to stick it up the Packers GM and Head coaches ass.

VeggieMan14
08-05-2008, 07:17 PM
After today, I think he'd play in Minnesota for the league min in order to have a chance to stick it up the Packers GM and Head coaches ass. to bad hes gonna fall in the wood chipper cuz hes on madden

TigerJ
08-05-2008, 09:05 PM
I would say the Peters situation is a distraction, but Peters is hardly a cancer. In my book a player has to be physically in the locker room spreading poinon to actually be considered a cancer.

Brett Favre is a huge distraction and a problem for the Packers organization. I wouldn't call him a cancer. My definition of a cancer is a team member who no longer wants to be with an organization and deliberately foments factions, dissent and bad feelings in the locker room. Players who are doing that usually know they are doing it and I think for the most part it is a deliberate tactic to punish a team for keeping him around.

X-Era
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
He is NOT being given an open competition and a chance to start.. Reading a "report" is like buying the first house... Don't get sold on the first one you see.

I wont argue that there are way too many hacks out there and that the media is usually useless. However, Mike McCarthy said himself that he had told Brett he has a chance to start but that Brett just couldnt get over all that had happened to him. So, he instead decided to leave.

VeggieMan14
08-05-2008, 09:15 PM
I wont argue that there are way too many hacks out there and that the media is usually useless. However, Mike McCarthy said himself that he had told Brett he has a chance to start but that Brett just couldnt get over all that had happened to him. So, he instead decided to leave. :deadhorse:

X-Era
08-05-2008, 09:22 PM
He said that he self-admittedly would be a distraction to the team competing for the starting job, because the Packers stated in the first place that they didn't want him to come back, they wanted to pay him off to stay retired.

Favre forced the issue. The Packers did not have a choice about Favre re-joining the roster. Favre was the one that made that decision to reinstate himself. Now the Packers have to decide what to do. They have already stated repeatedly that they wanted him to stay retired and/or just go away. So him staying on the Packers is a foregone conclusion to be an uncomfortable/unusual situation. Favre doesn't want that. If the Packers don't want Favre around (which they don't), then Favre wants the option to be let go so he can choose where he wants to go, or be traded to a team that he feels comfortable with. Considering he is the NFL's all-time passing leader, I don't think this is an unreasonable position.

Jon

No, its not unreasonable. Hence the difference between asking and demanding.

My problem with Brett is him using the media, and calling the Packs bluff. Hes playing a pissing match and taking his act to the media. The biggest problem isnt about what he could do to himself or the Packers management.... Its how its screwing the whole team at this point, and how its mostly driven by some sense of ego.

His request is reasonable. Unfortunately, he really has no room to demand anything, hes under contract... a contract that HE signed.

Now that he is being given his money and a chance to play and earn the starting role (JUST LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD). He should take what he has asked for, and shut up and play. Instead, he did the opposite and kept the mess brewing... and screwing with the whole damn team in one way or another.

I don't know how you can be a great leader when you are willing to drag the whole team through the mud for your own selfish reasons.

Mudflap1
08-06-2008, 01:35 AM
No, its not unreasonable. Hence the difference between asking and demanding.

My problem with Brett is him using the media, and calling the Packs bluff. Hes playing a pissing match and taking his act to the media. The biggest problem isnt about what he could do to himself or the Packers management.... Its how its screwing the whole team at this point, and how its mostly driven by some sense of ego.

His request is reasonable. Unfortunately, he really has no room to demand anything, hes under contract... a contract that HE signed.

Now that he is being given his money and a chance to play and earn the starting role (JUST LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD). He should take what he has asked for, and shut up and play. Instead, he did the opposite and kept the mess brewing... and screwing with the whole damn team in one way or another.

I don't know how you can be a great leader when you are willing to drag the whole team through the mud for your own selfish reasons.

Brett doesn't have a choice with the media. How can he ignore them? He tried to low-key it for a couple weeks, but after awhile it was the worst kept secret in the NFL that he wanted to come back and the Packers weren't supportive. Guys like Peter King know him personally, and have known him for years. If they ask him a question at this point, there's no point in skirting the issue. It's not like he's holding press conferences every day and doing push ups in his drive way (T.O.) grandstanding with his agent. The guy is being as discrete as he can. As discrete as the NFL's all time passing leader can be, I guess.

Brett is under contract, a contract the Packers signed with him. Brett decided to retire, then unretire, and the Packers said "please stay retired, we don't want you around anymore". That's not exactly a warm welcome by the team that he put back into the spotlight for the past 16 years.

Brett wanted to play for the Packers all along. He said so. However, the problem is that the Packers didn't want him. They have been vehemently trying to get him to stay retired since June. Finally, when Brett decides to reinstate himself, the Packers have no choice but to take him on their roster. Their only other alternative is to cut him, which they refuse to do because they know he'll go sign with a rival. If I was Brett, I'd say the exact same thing, "I want out!" The team doesn't want him, but are being complete hypocrites by not releasing him either. Sorry, but it's not a fair situation. The Packers are really being unreasonable.

Jon

X-Era
08-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Brett doesn't have a choice with the media. How can he ignore them? He tried to low-key it for a couple weeks, but after awhile it was the worst kept secret in the NFL that he wanted to come back and the Packers weren't supportive. Guys like Peter King know him personally, and have known him for years. If they ask him a question at this point, there's no point in skirting the issue. It's not like he's holding press conferences every day and doing push ups in his drive way (T.O.) grandstanding with his agent. The guy is being as discrete as he can. As discrete as the NFL's all time passing leader can be, I guess.

Brett is under contract, a contract the Packers signed with him. Brett decided to retire, then unretire, and the Packers said "please stay retired, we don't want you around anymore". That's not exactly a warm welcome by the team that he put back into the spotlight for the past 16 years.

Brett wanted to play for the Packers all along. He said so. However, the problem is that the Packers didn't want him. They have been vehemently trying to get him to stay retired since June. Finally, when Brett decides to reinstate himself, the Packers have no choice but to take him on their roster. Their only other alternative is to cut him, which they refuse to do because they know he'll go sign with a rival. If I was Brett, I'd say the exact same thing, "I want out!" The team doesn't want him, but are being complete hypocrites by not releasing him either. Sorry, but it's not a fair situation. The Packers are really being unreasonable.

Jon

I never said the Packers arent douches too. They are. This situation is a giant mess, no doubt.

But Brett was the cause, not the Packers. Why does he think he can hold a whole team up from preparing for the next year while he retires and un-retires? The asked him over and over, he said he was done. They then went and started all their reps with Aaron preparing for the next season. Aaron is young and needs the reps. Then, very late in the game, Brett announces he wants to play again. He caused the mess.

The Packers made it worse. They should have simply realized that they have little to no recourse but to take him back, and that having Brett play for them may very well win them more games. Hes under contract with them, he has a right to demand they live up to the contract. Instead they blew the mess even larger.

But the Packers just, finally, made the right move and let Brett come back, with a competition for the starting job.

Its Brett who is screwing up by walking away because his feelings are hurt.

He supposedly wanted to just play football, the Packers are willing to pay his huge salary whether he starts or not and let him compete. But now he doesnt want that because his feelings are hurt.

Dont you see that Bretts ego is a bit to big for the game at this point? It makes statements like "take one for the team" a mockery.

Again, Brett has a contract. He has no right to demand anything.

The best thing for the Packers to do is to trade him even if its for a day two pick. That way they can save face, and he gets what he wants. I hope for everyone that they do just that.