PDA

View Full Version : Hardy and Johnson

Confused
08-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Will we see Hardy play saturday? will we see Steve Johnson? Will parrish and Mcgee return kicks or will it be Mckelvin?

Will colt brennan light up our 2nd and 3rd stringers?

Confused
08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
bump

yordad
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Will we see Hardy play saturday? will we see Steve Johnson? Will parrish and Mcgee return kicks or will it be Mckelvin?

Will colt brennan light up our 2nd and 3rd stringers?Our DB depth is good. BUt so is the Skins WR depth. They have already played one game. I think they will have an edge. Brennan will probably do pretty well.

I wouldn't have McGee or Parrish return anything. The Bills might have them each do one. McKelvin will probably get the bulk. In the fourth, they will probably give some random guys a chance. Probably partially because they wouldn't have their best blockers out there.

The Bills are notorious for not using the preseason to win, but using it almost strictly to evaluate talent. It being an away game, and with the Skins already playing one good preseason game, I think were are going to get whooped.

Not that the score really matters though.

Confused
08-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I hope we dont get whooped on, but I'm not expecting much. any thoughts on Big Jim Hardy?

Night Train
08-05-2008, 04:40 PM
If we lose 45-3, will it actually matter ?

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 04:46 PM
not to homers.

But if the first string offense looks good for 2 series in a preseason game, especially Chambers-- then it will "actually matter" because half this board will say we dont need Peters, Chambers can do the job.

Night Train
08-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Some forget how bad we looked in pre-season during the SB years.

The team is trying out certain plays/formations and less concerned with actual scoring. Not great for the fans but it can pay dividends, long term.

Homegrown
08-05-2008, 05:47 PM
I hope to see Hardy, Johnson & McKelvin play!!!

If Colt "lights up" our 2nd/3rd stringers, then the Bills definately don't have the depth they claim to have.

X-Era
08-05-2008, 05:56 PM

If Colt "lights up" our 2nd/3rd stringers, then the Bills definately don't have the depth they claim to have.
Hardy started practicing Monday but only doing individual drills, I hope he plays.

Johnson Im not sure on. I wanted him to be the suprise rookie, but if he doesnt play pretty much ALL the preseason games, I see it unlikely that the coaches give him significant playing time.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM

OP fodder.

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Just my opinion right now, but I definitely dont think Hardy will be in the lineup, and Im not sure about Johnson either.

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I doubt they play anybody who could be injured worse, especially somebody like Hardy. The risk is not worth the reward.

I hope this injury does not cause Johnson problems. He needs the work and reps to make the team.

VeggieMan14
08-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Idk but i will be there i am psyched:rockon:

Mr. Pink
08-05-2008, 07:22 PM

Will colt brennan light up our 2nd and 3rd stringers?

I think Colt Brennan would light up our 1st stringers.

Apparently Hardy and Johnson are nursing injuries, along with Josh Reed hence why we signed some no name bum to be a warm body in camp. I wouldn't expect to see them much if at all.

VeggieMan14
08-05-2008, 07:27 PM

Apparently Hardy and Johnson are nursing injuries, along with Josh Reed hence why we signed some no name bum to be a warm body in camp. I wouldn't expect to see them much if at all. way to look at that glass half full:loser:

BAM
08-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I think Hardy will play. And I base that thought on absolutely nothing.

VeggieMan14
08-05-2008, 09:11 PM
I think Hardy will play. And I base that thought on absolutely nothing. well that convinced me hardy is playing

BAM
08-06-2008, 05:26 AM
hah :D

OK then Johnson's gonna play also.

yordad
08-06-2008, 08:12 AM
I hope we dont get whooped on, but I'm not expecting much. any thoughts on Big Jim Hardy?
I think Hardy will be awesome (slowly, but immediately better then Reed), and I thought he would start tomorrow, because I think Reed will be held out. I must be missing something. Did Hardy sustain an injury

If Colt "lights up" our 2nd/3rd stringers, then the Bills definately don't have the depth they claim to have.Yeah! But they are playing the Skins. Lol

Bulldog
08-06-2008, 08:31 AM

Apparently Hardy and Johnson are nursing injuries, along with Josh Reed hence why we signed some no name bum to be a warm body in camp. I wouldn't expect to see them much if at all.

He we go. Suddenly Colt Brennan is a god. The guy played one decent preseason game against a bunch of scrubs who will be looking for another job in a few weeks and suddenly he's going to take the NFL by storm. Happens every year. Brennan will be a flop.

mybills
08-06-2008, 11:02 AM
The Bills are notorious for not using the preseason to win, but using it almost strictly to evaluate talent.
Agree, they are.
If only they could win while they're being evaluated.
Not that the score matters.

HAMMER
08-06-2008, 11:50 AM
He we go. Suddenly Colt Brennan is a god. The guy played one decent preseason game against a bunch of scrubs who will be looking for another job in a few weeks and suddenly he's going to take the NFL by storm. Happens every year. Brennan will be a flop.

Classic isn't it, the guy has a rookie pegged to light up our first team defense. LOL.

yordad
08-06-2008, 12:22 PM
He we go. Suddenly Colt Brennan is a god. The guy played one decent preseason game against a bunch of scrubs who will be looking for another job in a few weeks and suddenly he's going to take the NFL by storm. Happens every year. Brennan will be a flop.On the flip side.... The guy played one decent preseason game, and already he is a flop. :idunno:

Maybe funtimes thought Hardy and Johnson were injured starting DBs (?).

Mr. Pink
08-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Classic isn't it, the guy has a rookie pegged to light up our first team defense. LOL.

A Rookie who has excellent arm strength, accuracy and touch.

It doesn't matter what defense is out there when you're locating passes only your receiver can possibly catch.

Besides, I've been high on Colt for the past 2 years.

And believe Washington got a steal in the late rounds getting him.

Mr. Pink
08-06-2008, 12:28 PM
On the flip side.... The guy played one decent preseason game, and already he is a flop. :idunno:

Maybe funtimes thought Hardy and Johnson were injured starting DBs (?).

LMAO

Something like that.

Our Secondary is the weak link of our defense, make no mistake of it. McGee is NOT a number 1 corner anywhere in this league, except here. McKelvin hasn't looked good in camp, Reggie Corner has looked good but he's not a starter, Greer is our best corner thus far and he's not a starting corner anywhere else. Will James? Please.

Not too mention our Safeties aren't exactly what I call exciting. Whitner? Overrated, has been since his Ohio State days....Ko? don't get me started.

We have what equates to a 2nd string secondary for the most part as it is. Hopefully we generate some pass rush or else teams, again, will throw the rock all over us.

HAMMER
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
A Rookie who has excellent arm strength, accuracy and touch.

It doesn't matter what defense is out there when you're locating passes only your receiver can possibly catch.

Besides, I've been high on Colt for the past 2 years.

And believe Washington got a steal in the late rounds getting him.

Riiiight.

OpIv37
08-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Some forget how bad we looked in pre-season during the SB years.

The team is trying out certain plays/formations and less concerned with actual scoring. Not great for the fans but it can pay dividends, long term.

apples and oranges.

During the SB years, we had a much better team and there was no FA so it was practically the same team every year. Those guys knew what they were doing and the majority of the lineup was set.

Now, it's entirely different. The starters need experience and the depth chart is wide open for a lot of of positions. In fact, some starting spots are even up for grabs.

What you see is what you get, a lot more so than the SB years anyway.

Confused
08-06-2008, 02:22 PM
I didnt start this thread so half of you could slobber all over Colt's knob while the other half of you ***** about it. I wish I left that part out.

Mr. Pink
08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Riiiight.

Believe what you want, he has the tools to be a good QB at this level.

Confused
08-06-2008, 02:36 PM
get your lips off his tool.

Mr. Pink
08-06-2008, 02:38 PM
get your lips off his tool.

Well wasn't that an 8 year old attempt at an insult.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them, and keep your 3rd grade pathetic attempts at humor to yourself.

justasportsfan
08-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Riiight and Derek Anderson doesn't. Mkay.

Mr. Pink
08-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Riiight and Derek Anderson doesn't. Mkay.

Here we go again with this...

Derek Anderson has plenty of tools...just not consistency.

Without consistency at the QB level, you'll never win a championship.

justasportsfan
08-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Here we go again with this...

Derek Anderson has plenty of tools...just not consistency.

Without consistency at the QB level, you'll never win a championship. Does Colt have th tools to be consistent?

Mr. Pink
08-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Does Colt have th tools to be consistent?

He did in college...we'll see if he gets that opportunity at this level.

justasportsfan
08-06-2008, 02:58 PM
He did in college...we'll see if he gets that opportunity at this level.
safe answer.

Derek is proven in the NFl Colt isn't.

Confused
08-06-2008, 07:04 PM
SomeTimesGay! thats a third grade insult. welcome to my ignore list.