• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Does it Anger Any that...

I'm sure it won't to the Ralphie homers...

But does it anger any Bills fan in the least that we're sitting with literally a pile of salary cap money; and that's not even "real" cap money, that's cash to cap money, and that doesnt even include the mass Toronto revenue or the fact that the fans have pretty much sold the season out already.

And yet, the three most pressing issues, or at least the ones that SHOULD be the most pressing, dont even seem close to being resolved.. Crowell and Evans have no extension and nothing even close to be reported; and the guy who's far and away our best and most valuable player is sitting at home because he's on the rag from being so ridiculously underpaid.

Is the extent of our spending spree with this cash to cap room really extending Butler and kyle Williams?

Homers tell us don't ***** because this team is being built via the draft and retaining our own. Well, when or if Evans and Crowell, two homegrown drafted players leave town next year, or Jason Peters sits out long enough to assure another losing season; what is the NEXT excuse going to be?

Ralph is ****ing 90+ years old.. We've dealt with the Toronto bull****, and STILL SOLD out the Ralph for this coming season. So maybe that babbling old ********** can stop sitting on his money since science tells us he only has so much left to do it, and go out and LOCK up this core for the long term..

If you can't tell, Im one of my **** Ralph kicks again; because I'm growing increasingly irritated we havent extended NONE of our key players that need to be.. It doesnt take a genius to figure out what happens when our best players hit the FA market; they NEVER come back (Winfield, Clements, P Williams, Fletcher, etc etc etc)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Does it Anger Any that...

Put it this way..

If my first post was too much of a rant.. let me ask you this question.

If Crowell and/or Evans get to hit the market if they're not extended; does anyone really think either of them are coming back?

ANd how long does the Peters situation go on before we end up trading him to a team that will give him $8 million per year?

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

I tolerated cash to crap on the condition that the money being saved in previous years is used eventually, especially this year, when there are no significant losses. Obviously, the condition has yet to be met.
      The idea, supporters said, was to spend money responsibly, in a way that doesn't build up dead cap. The critics said it's a way to avoid spending the money at all. As of now, something has to change for the critics to be wrong.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• John Doe
        Florida Man
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Put it this way..

If my first post was too much of a rant.. let me ask you this question.

If Crowell and/or Evans get to hit the market if they're not extended; does anyone really think either of them are coming back?

ANd how long does the Peters situation go on before we end up trading him to a team that will give him $8 million per year?
        Are you advocating giving these players a blank check?

Or would you rather the Bills negotiate with them and try and get the most cost effective contract that they can?

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Ralphy is a tool and always has been. There in no reason why this organization should not have both Evans and Peters extended already.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by John Doe
            Are you advocating giving these players a blank check?

Or would you rather the Bills negotiate with them and try and get the most cost effective contract that they can?
            I'm advocating they dont hit FA, becuase history dictates when a quality Bills FA hits the market, they aint coming back.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Except for the fact that extending players is not as easy as it sounds, especially with the CBA expiring. As for Evans and Crowell not being close to extending , nobody really knows if they are not unless you have a secret source that told you how close Butler and Williams were to being extending. All of this sounds like premature ejaculating.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

I'm advocating they dont hit FA, becuase history dictates when a quality Bills FA hits the market, they aint coming back.
                Peters will not be a FA for 3 years.

Evans and Crowell for one and Evans essentially two since he would be franchised.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  Peters will not be a FA for 3 years.

Evans and Crowell for one and Evans essentially two since he would be franchised.
                  Peters a FA, no.. Peters eventually getting traded if we wont be the ones to pay him; ya bet ya..

Evans gets franchised is going to help him remain in Buffalo long-term how?

And even Crowell, he is what cash to cap is SUPPOSED to be about.. We drafted him, he turns into a very good LB and then we let him walk, because he's "replacable"??

ANd I didnt say we WOULDNT extend any of these guys.. Im asking why they haven't been already with a pile of money sitting around not even the biggest homer could dispute.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

No doubt there is a pile sitting around, but once you give Peters 10 or so this year and Evans 10 or so, it goes away quickly.

I am pretty confidant that Evans gets extended. Both sides seem to want it done. I doubt Crowell will be because he will get overpaid next year and knows it.

Peters is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Who knows WTF is going on for real?

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

No doubt there is a pile sitting around, but once you give Peters 10 or so this year and Evans 10 or so, it goes away quickly.

I am pretty confidant that Evans gets extended. Both sides seem to want it done. I doubt Crowell will be because he will get overpaid next year and knows it.

Peters is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Who knows WTF is going on for real?
                      In the case of Evans and Peters, I think you have a case of two guys who see the opportunity to get huge money elsewhere but for now, theyre stuck with the Bills, especially in Peters case.

Look at what Evans had put up with for the whole time he's been a Bill. Instability, crap coaching, and a joke of a QB situation. I bet you any money Evans wants to know how this new OC and Edwards works out this season before he signs anything with the Bills. And do you blame him? I'd do the same thing if in his situation.

Peters, well, as much as he owes the organization, I think he realizes he's a big boy that is outgrowing the team around him and him and his agent probably both realize they screwed up by signing long term with the Bills and they want to capitalize ASAP and pretty much sabotage via Chad Johnson to try to get traded. Now I'm sure it won't come to that, but I think it's DAMN safe to say that if Peters is not on the field by 12:59pm on opening day, this organization is not committed to winning because we won't make the playoffs for sure when your most important Olinemen is not out on the field.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Without knowing what each player wants, I can't really comment. If they want to be paid like the best at their position though (outside of Peters, who needs to show up and prove he's healthy), forget it.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
                          I tolerated cash to crap on the condition that the money being saved in previous years is used eventually, especially this year, when there are no significant losses. Obviously, the condition has yet to be met.
                          The idea, supporters said, was to spend money responsibly, in a way that doesn't build up dead cap. The critics said it's a way to avoid spending the money at all. As of now, something has to change for the critics to be wrong.
                          You can not save money and spend it in future years.
                          Evans gets franchised is going to help him remain in Buffalo long-term how?
                          He can play three straight one year deals, but he would be risking an awful lot by not getting the guaranteed money when it is waving in front of his face.
                          I doubt Crowell will be because he will get overpaid next year and knows it.
                          Transition tag him. At least then you have options. But, if he goes to the pro bowl, we're screwed. I ain't votin' for him. But, if we extend Lee by then, I am down to franchise Crowell.
                          Last edited by yordad; 08-05-2008, 10:26 PM.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DrGraves
                            • Mar 2008

I don't see the point in having that much cap space if you are not interested in resigning your best players.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Oh, to answer the original question, if we don't get a lot closer, I will be PISSED!

1. Evans
                              2. Crowell
                              3. Peters
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X