PDA

View Full Version : Does it Anger Any that...

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm sure it won't to the Ralphie homers...

But does it anger any Bills fan in the least that we're sitting with literally a pile of salary cap money; and that's not even "real" cap money, that's cash to cap money, and that doesnt even include the mass Toronto revenue or the fact that the fans have pretty much sold the season out already.

And yet, the three most pressing issues, or at least the ones that SHOULD be the most pressing, dont even seem close to being resolved.. Crowell and Evans have no extension and nothing even close to be reported; and the guy who's far and away our best and most valuable player is sitting at home because he's on the rag from being so ridiculously underpaid.

Is the extent of our spending spree with this cash to cap room really extending Butler and kyle Williams?

Homers tell us don't ***** because this team is being built via the draft and retaining our own. Well, when or if Evans and Crowell, two homegrown drafted players leave town next year, or Jason Peters sits out long enough to assure another losing season; what is the NEXT excuse going to be?

Ralph is ****ing 90+ years old.. We've dealt with the Toronto bull****, and STILL SOLD out the Ralph for this coming season. So maybe that babbling old ********** can stop sitting on his money since science tells us he only has so much left to do it, and go out and LOCK up this core for the long term..

If you can't tell, Im one of my **** Ralph kicks again; because I'm growing increasingly irritated we havent extended NONE of our key players that need to be.. It doesnt take a genius to figure out what happens when our best players hit the FA market; they NEVER come back (Winfield, Clements, P Williams, Fletcher, etc etc etc)

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Put it this way..

If my first post was too much of a rant.. let me ask you this question.

If Crowell and/or Evans get to hit the market if they're not extended; does anyone really think either of them are coming back?

ANd how long does the Peters situation go on before we end up trading him to a team that will give him $8 million per year?

Philagape
08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I tolerated cash to crap on the condition that the money being saved in previous years is used eventually, especially this year, when there are no significant losses. Obviously, the condition has yet to be met.
The idea, supporters said, was to spend money responsibly, in a way that doesn't build up dead cap. The critics said it's a way to avoid spending the money at all. As of now, something has to change for the critics to be wrong.

John Doe
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Put it this way..

If my first post was too much of a rant.. let me ask you this question.

If Crowell and/or Evans get to hit the market if they're not extended; does anyone really think either of them are coming back?

ANd how long does the Peters situation go on before we end up trading him to a team that will give him $8 million per year?

Are you advocating giving these players a blank check?

Or would you rather the Bills negotiate with them and try and get the most cost effective contract that they can?

Nighthawk
08-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Ralphy is a tool and always has been. There in no reason why this organization should not have both Evans and Peters extended already.

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM

Or would you rather the Bills negotiate with them and try and get the most cost effective contract that they can?
I'm advocating they dont hit FA, becuase history dictates when a quality Bills FA hits the market, they aint coming back.

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Except for the fact that extending players is not as easy as it sounds, especially with the CBA expiring. As for Evans and Crowell not being close to extending , nobody really knows if they are not unless you have a secret source that told you how close Butler and Williams were to being extending. All of this sounds like premature ejaculating.

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm advocating they dont hit FA, becuase history dictates when a quality Bills FA hits the market, they aint coming back.

Peters will not be a FA for 3 years.

Evans and Crowell for one and Evans essentially two since he would be franchised.

patmoran2006
08-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Peters will not be a FA for 3 years.

Evans and Crowell for one and Evans essentially two since he would be franchised.
Peters a FA, no.. Peters eventually getting traded if we wont be the ones to pay him; ya bet ya..

Evans gets franchised is going to help him remain in Buffalo long-term how?

And even Crowell, he is what cash to cap is SUPPOSED to be about.. We drafted him, he turns into a very good LB and then we let him walk, because he's "replacable"??

ANd I didnt say we WOULDNT extend any of these guys.. Im asking why they haven't been already with a pile of money sitting around not even the biggest homer could dispute.

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2008, 07:01 PM
No doubt there is a pile sitting around, but once you give Peters 10 or so this year and Evans 10 or so, it goes away quickly.

I am pretty confidant that Evans gets extended. Both sides seem to want it done. I doubt Crowell will be because he will get overpaid next year and knows it.

Peters is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Who knows WTF is going on for real?

raphael120
08-05-2008, 09:09 PM
No doubt there is a pile sitting around, but once you give Peters 10 or so this year and Evans 10 or so, it goes away quickly.

I am pretty confidant that Evans gets extended. Both sides seem to want it done. I doubt Crowell will be because he will get overpaid next year and knows it.

Peters is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Who knows WTF is going on for real?

In the case of Evans and Peters, I think you have a case of two guys who see the opportunity to get huge money elsewhere but for now, theyre stuck with the Bills, especially in Peters case.

Look at what Evans had put up with for the whole time he's been a Bill. Instability, crap coaching, and a joke of a QB situation. I bet you any money Evans wants to know how this new OC and Edwards works out this season before he signs anything with the Bills. And do you blame him? I'd do the same thing if in his situation.

Peters, well, as much as he owes the organization, I think he realizes he's a big boy that is outgrowing the team around him and him and his agent probably both realize they screwed up by signing long term with the Bills and they want to capitalize ASAP and pretty much sabotage via Chad Johnson to try to get traded. Now I'm sure it won't come to that, but I think it's DAMN safe to say that if Peters is not on the field by 12:59pm on opening day, this organization is not committed to winning because we won't make the playoffs for sure when your most important Olinemen is not out on the field.

Goobylal
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Without knowing what each player wants, I can't really comment. If they want to be paid like the best at their position though (outside of Peters, who needs to show up and prove he's healthy), forget it.

yordad
08-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I tolerated cash to crap on the condition that the money being saved in previous years is used eventually, especially this year, when there are no significant losses. Obviously, the condition has yet to be met.
The idea, supporters said, was to spend money responsibly, in a way that doesn't build up dead cap. The critics said it's a way to avoid spending the money at all. As of now, something has to change for the critics to be wrong.You can not save money and spend it in future years.

Evans gets franchised is going to help him remain in Buffalo long-term how?
He can play three straight one year deals, but he would be risking an awful lot by not getting the guaranteed money when it is waving in front of his face.

I doubt Crowell will be because he will get overpaid next year and knows it.
Transition tag him. At least then you have options. But, if he goes to the pro bowl, we're screwed. I ain't votin' for him. But, if we extend Lee by then, I am down to franchise Crowell.

DrGraves
08-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't see the point in having that much cap space if you are not interested in resigning your best players.

yordad
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Oh, to answer the original question, if we don't get a lot closer, I will be PISSED!

1. Evans
2. Crowell
3. Peters

TacklingDummy
08-05-2008, 10:32 PM

But does it anger any Bills fan in the least that we're sitting with literally a pile of salary cap money; and that's not even "real" cap money, that's cash to cap money, and that doesnt even include the mass Toronto revenue or the fact that the fans have pretty much sold the season out already.

No it does not bother me. Just because the Bills can spend up to a certain amount of money doesn't mean they have to. Especially on trash.

eyedog
08-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Who exactly are they saving money for then ? Mediocre NFL players like Williams, Butler, McGee, or the overrated like Schobel ?

They have the money, so what's the problem ?

HAMMER
08-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Patience Junior Journalist....patience.

Philagape
08-05-2008, 11:37 PM
You can not save money and spend it in future years.

According to this you can .....
http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2004920&postcount=57

yordad
08-05-2008, 11:53 PM
According to this you can .....
http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2004920&postcount=57I understand it to be counting any unattainable bonus we have worked into the cap already, we are still 30ish million under. In order to carry it over, we would have to work it into several players contracts this year in the form of unattainable bonus. This of course, isn't gonna happen.

I believe you misunderstood what you read.

Philagape
08-05-2008, 11:58 PM
I understand it to be counting any unattainable bonus we have worked into the cap already, we are still 30ish million under. In order to carry it over, we would have to work it into several players contracts this year in the form of unattainable bonus.

That's how I read it too. But that can only be done if there's room under the cap to do it. Therefore, the more cap money not spent, the more that can be carried over via LTBEs (in addition to any money saved on non-amortized bonuses).
I'm talking about last year, and it resulting in more available room this year.

yordad
08-06-2008, 12:05 AM
That's how I read it too. But that can only be done if there's room under the cap to do it. Therefore, the more cap money not spent, the more that can be carried over via LTBEs (in addition to any money saved on non-amortized bonuses).
I'm talking about last year, and it resulting in more available room this year.Are you saying they can, and should, work 30 million dollars into player's contacts in unattainable incentives? How fast would that need to be done? How long would it take? Wouldn't it be easier and more productive to extend our talent? Preferably before they make the pro bowl.

Philagape
08-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Are you saying they can, and should, work 30 million dollars into player's contacts in unattainable incentives? How fast would that need to be done? How long would it take? Wouldn't it be easier and more productive to extend our talent? Preferably before they make the pro bowl.

No, I'm saying that the money saved LAST year by not spending up to the NFL cap, and therefore carried over through LTBEs and saved via any non-amortized bonuses, should be used this year for signing players (namely, our own to extensions). That's the justification for not spending it last year. If we don't, then cash to cap was for nothing.

yordad
08-06-2008, 01:25 AM
No, I'm saying that the money saved LAST year by not spending up to the NFL cap, and therefore carried over through LTBEs and saved via any non-amortized bonuses, should be used this year for signing players (namely, our own to extensions). That's the justification for not spending it last year. If we don't, then cash to cap was for nothing.Oh. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. I reread your original post, I don't know how I misunderstood that, but it is late. I thought you were saying you wouldn't mind if we didn't spend it because it would still be there next year. I knew that didn't sound like something you would say, but people surprise me all the time.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Geez, Pat, get a grip. I know that you are smart enough to figure this whole situation out.

Has it dawned on any of you who share Pat's opinion that what the Bills are faced with here is a domino situation where, despite having a pile of cash (assuming that they do not have cash-flow issues--which I addressed in a recent post), they have to prioritize how they are going to spend that money and, therefore, their ability to make a deal with one player may depend on how much they have given to another player and how that contract is structured?

Pretty much everyone on this board and the vast majority of Bills fans agree that ultimately the Bills are going ot have to come to some kind of arrangement with Jason Peters. Even the Bills' FO has acknowledged as much, without surrendering their entire ability to negotiate with him. That has to be Priority One (even if they never admit this publicly).

That being the case, they need to know what the parameters of a deal that will satisfy Peters will be--in terms of up-front bonus money, years and overall dollars--before they before they know how much money they will have left to give to Evans and/or Crowell. Moreover, you can bet that Evans' agent, if he has half of a brain, is going to want to know what kind of bonus money the Bills are going to give to Peters before he locks his client into a deal as well.

How are the Bills supposed to know what the possible parameters of a deal with Peters might be when his agent hasn't stated what kind of deal he is looking for, let alone sat down to negotiate with them?

Yeah, the Bills have enough money to pretty much give Peters whatever he wants, but how much is going to be left over afterwards? Do the Bills even know if Peters would be amenable to a contract extension where he would play this year at the same salary as his current contract, but where the difference between what his salary is this year and what it would be next year in a re-worked deal would be made up in bonus money?

The answers to those questions could have a huge impact on what they would be able to offer to Evans, first, and, then, Crowell. They could also have a huge impact on what Evans and his agent would want or be willing to do in their negotiations. And, of course, what the Bills would have left to offer Crowell.

Something else that has to be taken into consideration as well is the fact that, because the owners chose to opt out of the current CBA, there are restrictions on how they can structure bonus monies in contracts that are written this year and next. I posted what those restrictions are in two previous threads that, obviously, no one paid much attention to--but they do pose some significant limitations on how contracts can be structured and bonus monies can be spread out.

This may not seem like a big deal to those who can only see that the team still has a lot of uncommitted money, but it does have an impact on how much these players and their agents are going to want in up-front bonus money (for example, if these restrictions prohibit the two sides from agreeing to defer some bonus money by structuring it as a "reporting bonus" after a certain date, then, the agents are going to want that bonus money to be paid "up-front", which means that the team will have to take that money from the amount that they currently have uncommitted to satisfy the player and will have less available, then, to give to the next player on their priority list--at the same time, if they give a big "up-front" bonus to one player, the next player and his agent are going that player's deal to have its bonus money structured in a similar manner.)

All of which makes structuring contracts for three different players interdependant and complicated enough to begin with. That task has become far more difficult with Eugene Parker, Peters' agent, not being willing to sit down and talk with the team.

At this point, we do not know what Peters and Parker want. They have not even indicated to the press what their position is. Which tends to corroborate the statements the the Bills have made about not even hearing from Peters or his agent (why? because usually when a player holds out for this long seeking a new contract or extension, his agent will make some kind of statement to someone in the press either outlining the player's position or bad-mouthing the team and that simply has not happened: not one story has appeared so far in any publication or on any website where Parker is quoted saying anything about the Peters situation...why not?).

And, if the Bills don't know how much money of the money they have they are going to have to set aside to reach an agreement with Peters, how can they finalize a deal with Evans, let alone Crowell? Why would Evans want to sign a deal if he and his agent don't knowing, at least approximately, how much bonus money Peters may get--knowing that Lee's bonus money should be within a certain percentage range of what Peters gets?

So, what is it, exactly, that you want the Bills to do?

Sign Crowell and end up finding out that they don't have enough of a pile of cash--because it is going to take a pile of cash--to sign both Peters and Evans later on?

Make Evans "an offer he can't refuse" to get him locked up and either not have enough left to sign Crowell or, even worse, not have enough to satisfy Peters, let alone Crowell?

Let's get real here, folks. The Bills have already so much as said that they will attempt to come to an accommodation with Peters if he reports to camp. Have they said that directly? No, of course not! Why would they? They're already in a shaky negotiating position, so why would they give up whatever bit of leverage that they have left? Of course they are going to say that they want Peters to play this season for the salary dictated by his current contract. That is an opening negotiating position for them. But, as I outlined above, that does not mean that Peters can't end up getting the money that he wants to put in his pocket for this season while still receiving the salary that is called for in his current deal. But, for that to happen, you have got to have some kind of negotiations!!!

And, how do you have negotiations with someone who isn't even talking at all?

The Bills have stated their opening negotiating position. As anyone who has seen these kinds of holdouts before or followed any kind of labor/management negotiations knows, it is a negotiating position. But, at least they have taken a position. Parker apparently never started with a negotiating position and, as as far as anyone knows, hasn't even bothered to respond to the Bills' opening negotiating position.

So, what are the Bills supposed to do? Send someone to St.Louis to put a gun to Parkers' head and force him to come to Buffalo to negotiate with them?

And, as I have stated before, how can they conclude a deal with Evans--who has stated that he wants to stay with the Bills and that there has been progress in his agent's contract talks with the team--if neither they nor Evans' agent have any clue about what the parameters of a Peters deal may be?

Crowell? Well, sadly for him, he is the most replaceable of these three players and it simply wouldn't make sense for the Bills to make a move to re-sign him right now and risk being too short to satisfy either Peters or Evans.

Yes, I know, it's frustrating. The Bills, as a team, have the potential to finally contend for a playoff berth this season for the first time this century. But, they need to have Jason Peters in the lineup to do so. They have a pile of uncommitted money that should be sufficient for them to sign at least two of the three players that they need to lock up before the end of this season, including Peters.

So, the obvious question is: why haven't they signed Peters and Evans already? ("We need them!" "Git 'er done!" Yeeehaaa!)

The answer that should be equally obvious--if you just take the time to think about it--is that Peters and his agent aren't talking!

I know Ralph has been cheap in the past. I know that he's had incompetents in the front office more than a few times. I fully understand why the emotional or knee-jerk reaction would be to blame the Bills for this situation. But, for God's sake, hold your water at least long enough to look at the facts (as we know them).

And the fact is that the Bills have tried to open negotiations with Peters and his agent by taking an initial, opening negotiating position that does not in any way preclude the possibility of Peters ending up with the kind of money that he is looking for this season when all is said and done. But, Parker hasn't even responded to that by making a single quoted statement to anyone in the media (if the Bills were lying about his silence, why has he not called them out about that in the press?) How do you negotiate with that?

Again, realistically, what would you have the Bills do? Do you want them to issue a press release and send a letter to Parker stating that they will give Peters any amount of money that he wants for however many years he wants if he will just sign a new contract? And, as a result, lose Evans and Crowell? Come on, that's not going to happen. And, even if the Bills did that, what has happened so far to indicate that Parker would even respond?

A deal, a contract, involves two parties. The Bills have let it be known that they are willing to talk and stated their starting position. What about the other party? Nothing has been seen or heard from that side. What do you propose that the Bills do to get Parker and Peters to negotiate with them? Be realistic in what you propose.

IMHO Parker and Peters are holding not just R.Wilson and the FO, but Evans, Crowell, the team, the rest of the players and all of the Bills fans hostage at this point. There is no question that Peters has out-performed his current deal and it should be "re-structured" in some way to insure that he is paid commensurate with his level of play. It is so obvious that not even the Bills' FO is arguing that point. And, there are creative possible ways to do that without creating major issues for the team. So, where are Peters and Parker?

Without them, as I see it, the Bills really can't move forward in negotiating with Evans and Crowell for the reasons I have stated above (and, as I have said, if I were Evans' agent I wouldn't want to finalize a deal until I had an idea what the parameters of a Peters deal might be either). So, everyone is stuck waiting on Parker and Peters. And, I don't see that there is much that anyone can do about that until they decide to finally take a negotiating position (even if it is just to say that Peters will take a physical but won't report unless the Bills are willing to start talking about a new deal, etc.).

jmb1099
08-06-2008, 04:09 AM
The fact that the Peter's side isn't talking communicates that they aren't even interested in negotiating. Stranger still is not showing up to camp then. I want Peter's signed as badly as anyone does, but how? Its a two way process and as of right now it appears Peter's is content to sit home. Does anyone even know what he's really asking for? There is no doubt in my mind that we're dead without him on the field this year, but someone tell me how you strike a deal with someone who has by all accounts indicated that they're not interested in striking a deal? The whole thing is weird. If only this was Madden it would all be fixed so quickly...

Jan Reimers
08-06-2008, 07:02 AM
I am angry that everyone that isn't angry, critical, pissed off and in a constant rage is labeled a "homer."

Some of us simply want to enjoy being a fan, rather than living in a state of continual hatred toward Ralph and everything else the Bills do.

acehole
08-06-2008, 07:48 AM
When I say Raplph is cheap....I get flamed.
When I say he doens know how to build a team.
I get JP sucks.

This is a hard team to be a fan of.

He never gets all the peices in place because he is always saving dollars.

And yet, the three most pressing issues, or at least the ones that SHOULD be the most pressing, dont even seem close to being resolved.. Crowell and Evans have no extension and nothing even close to be reported; and the guy who's far and away our best and most valuable player is sitting at home because he's on the rag from being so ridiculously underpaid.

Is the extent of our spending spree with this cash to cap room really extending Butler and kyle Williams?

Homers tell us don't ***** because this team is being built via the draft and retaining our own. Well, when or if Evans and Crowell, two homegrown drafted players leave town next year, or Jason Peters sits out long enough to assure another losing season; what is the NEXT excuse going to be?

Ralph is ****ing 90+ years old.. We've dealt with the Toronto bull****, and STILL SOLD out the Ralph for this coming season. So maybe that babbling old ********** can stop sitting on his money since science tells us he only has so much left to do it, and go out and LOCK up this core for the long term..

If you can't tell, Im one of my **** Ralph kicks again; because I'm growing increasingly irritated we havent extended NONE of our key players that need to be.. It doesnt take a genius to figure out what happens when our best players hit the FA market; they NEVER come back (Winfield, Clements, P Williams, Fletcher, etc etc etc)

justasportsfan
08-06-2008, 09:44 AM
. All of this sounds like premature ejaculating. PAt did the same thing last year talking about the OL and then Ralph went and signed Dockery ,Whittle and Walker the next couples of weeks.

PromoTheRobot
08-06-2008, 10:00 AM

Could it be the Bills are trying to make sure they have some money for 2009? Naw! Of course Pat wants the Bills to blow all their money now. He wants to bash the team for not being able to manage their cap!

PTR

PromoTheRobot
08-06-2008, 10:02 AM
PAt did the same thing last year talking about the OL and then Ralph went and signed Dockery ,Whittle and Walker the next couples of weeks.
Pat suffers short-term memory loss. He can't remember what he rants about. Only that the Bills are always wrong.

PTR

OpIv37
08-06-2008, 10:04 AM
I am angry that everyone that isn't angry, critical, pissed off and in a constant rage is labeled a "homer."

Some of us simply want to enjoy being a fan, rather than living in a state of continual hatred toward Ralph and everything else the Bills do.

By definition, fans want the team to win.

If Ralph and the Bills do things that prevent wins or at least don't help the Bills win, why WOULDN'T you be pissed?

It's illogical.

Jan Reimers
08-06-2008, 10:18 AM
By definition, fans want the team to win.

If Ralph and the Bills do things that prevent wins or at least don't help the Bills win, why WOULDN'T you be pissed?

It's illogical.
Of course I want the Bills to win. I probably take losses as hard as anyone on this board.

I just don't see the need, this time of year, to crap on everything the team does. I know it's psychotic, and illogical, in your eyes, to believe anything the Bills do will succeed. But I believe there is much to be optimistic about, and I won't go around condemning the team, as you do, before they've even played a single preseason game.

I'll judge them by their performance on the field this year, rather than prejudging them to failure as you do.

If optimism and a positive outlook are illogical to you, I genuinely feel very sorry for you.

OpIv37
08-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Of course I want the Bills to win. I probably take losses as hard as anyone on this board.

I just don't see the need, this time of year, to crap on everything the team does. I know it's psychotic, and illogical, in your eyes, to believe anything the Bills do will succeed. But I believe there is much to be optimistic about, and I won't go around condemning the team, as you do, before they've even played a single preseason game.

I'll judge them by their performance on the field this year, rather than prejudging them to failure as you do.

If optimism and a positive outlook are illogical to you, I genuinely feel very sorry for you.

What's wrong with trying to predict what will happen based on the limited amount of information we have at the moment? And as far as this thread, it's about Peters, Crowell and Evans not being signed now, despite having lots of cap space. It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with performance this year.

Optimism and a positive outlook are not automatically illogical to me. Optimism and a positive outlook in the face of all the problems this team has, in this specific situation, are very illogical.

You know those losses that you take so hard? All the moves by the team that I'm crapping on are going to create those losses. So I don't know why you object to me crapping on them. That's illogical.

patmoran2006
08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Everyone talks about how we gained on the OL with Ralphie’s big bucks last year with Dockery and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Walker</st1:place></st1:City>, but conveniently forgets all about the hit our defense took when we lost our best two players; Clements and Fletcher to free agency.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Lose a few.. Gain a few. .Still in the same place.<o:p></o:p>
History says it happens again next season. We lose Crowell, possibly Evans too, and we’ll try to find someone to take their place; yeah, that’s how championships are won.<o:p></o:p>

PromoTheRobot
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Everyone talks about how we gained on the OL with Ralphie’s big bucks last year with Dockery and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Walker</st1:place></st1:City>, but conveniently forgets all about the hit our defense took when we lost our best two players; Clements and Fletcher to free agency.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Lose a few.. Gain a few. .Still in the same place.<o:p></o:p>
History says it happens again next season. We lose Crowell, possibly Evans too, and we’ll try to find someone to take their place; yeah, that’s how championships are won.<o:p></o:p>
And nothing makes you happier than failure.

PTR

billsburgh
08-06-2008, 11:41 AM
there's no need to get angry or pissed over something that I have no control over.

Bill Brasky
08-06-2008, 11:49 AM
All of this sounds like premature ejaculating.

i hope it doesn't "blow up"

patmoran2006
08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Alright.
I guess nobody is bothered that none of our key players to this point have been extended and given raises.

Bill Brasky
08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Alright.
I guess nobody is bothered that none of our key players to this point have been extended and given raises.

what can we do about it? *****ing on a message board isn't gonna help any.

yordad
08-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Could it be the Bills are trying to make sure they have some money for 2009? Naw! Of course Pat wants the Bills to blow all their money now. He wants to bash the team for not being able to manage their cap!

PTRHow does not spending 30 million this year help the Bills have more money next year?

patmoran2006
08-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Could it be the Bills are trying to make sure they have some money for 2009? Naw! Of course Pat wants the Bills to blow all their money now. He wants to bash the team for not being able to manage their cap!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
PTR<o:p></o:p>
What an utterly absurd post, dude.<o:p></o:p>
Making sure they have money for 2009??? First of all, we operate under “Cash to Cap” so the philosophy is supposed to be we will spend up to our own self-imposed salary cap.. By all accounts, we’re like $30 million under that for THIS YEAR.<o:p></o:p>
What are they saving money for in 2009?? So they can try and sign Evans and Crowell and extend Peters AFTER this season? Do you not think it will cost them a lot more money to sign them after they become Free Agents? You want to prevent a bidding war with other teams for Evans and Crowell, you have to extend them now.<o:p></o:p>
As for Peters.. He’s holding out now.. Say the Bills “win” this war of attrition and he reports and plays anything like he did last year.. What do you think his asking price would/should go up to in 2009??<o:p></o:p>
And the Bills are having no problems “managing” the cap. They’re having problems apparently spending even up to the cash to cap, forget the actual “real” salary cap.<o:p></o:p>
If they don’t resign Evans and Crowell now and lose them next year, they’re starting all over at two positions again. If they don’t work out something with Peters, they risk losing their best player for part or who knows, maybe all of the season.. Since we’re obviously far from cash-cap strapped; what does that tell you?

It tells me that penny pinching old geezer **** Ralphie is at it again.. take that extra <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toronto</st1:place></st1:City> revenue; and piss on the fans that have basically sold out the other 7 games already.<o:p></o:p>
As long as us fans are stupid enough to keep buying all the tix, he doesn’t have a need to do anything. Anyone on this board who thinks Ralph thinks winning a championship is more important than his bottom line, is lying to himself.<o:p></o:p>
I love the Bills. I love the talent overall, I even like Russ Brandon a little bit.. but **** Ralph Wilson, his cash to cap, his defamation of the city of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> and everything else that piece of **** stands for. <o:p></o:p>

HAMMER
08-06-2008, 02:36 PM
What a disrespectful little punk.