If Favre goes to TB, than Losman should be traded for Garcia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

If Favre goes to TB, than Losman should be traded for Garcia!

Why not? If Trent sucks you have a starter. If Trent is great than you have a great backup.
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: If Favre goes to TB, than Losman should be traded for Garcia!

garcia wants to be a starter... we wont play for us.... and losman already knows the system!

Comment

• VeggieMan14
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      Why not? If Trent sucks you have a starter. If Trent is great than you have a great backup.
      trade jp for manny straight up
      I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jaybird
        garcia wants to be a starter... we wont play for us.... and losman already knows the system!
        Uhhh, Garcia is not going to be the starter in TB if Favre is there. He has a shot here.

Comment

• lmcshadow
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Uhhh, Garcia is not going to be the starter in TB if Favre is there. He has a shot here.
          but at what cost..
          The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• gil
            • Mar 2005

I want a unicorn too!

Seriously - has anyone even heard anyone having interest in Losman - and why the hell would Garcia want to finish his career here.

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

He has a slight chance here yet he probably can find a better situation else where. He doesn't even have experience in our system. I would rather have JP as the backup.
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gilbert23b
                I want a unicorn too!

Seriously - has anyone even heard anyone having interest in Losman - and why the hell would Garcia want to finish his career here.
                lol i have no idea why that made me laugh

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                  • Sep 2003

I'll give you two Losmans for one Garcia and the bubble gum that came in the pack.

PTR
                  10 Commandments of the D
                  1. Never stop Rocking.
                  2. Legalize all drugs.
                  3. Quit your day job.
                  4. All Religion should be taxed.
                  5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                  6. F**k her gently.
                  7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                  8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                  9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                  10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                    I'll give you two Losmans for one Garcia and the bubble gum that came in the pack.

PTR
                    throw in one more bubble gum and it might be a deal

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

We wouldn't be better off. Maybe if they started Garcia, which they wouldn't do. Garcia Is actually pretty good, and he still has a little left in tank, at 38.

But then again, I prefer we just keep Losman and start him. Losman is 10 or more years younger.

But then of course, after we jacked JP around for years, he would likely leave B-lo now for less money at season's end. Let's think about what it would take for Losman to become a permanent starter..... First, a significant and early Edwards injury. Followed by Losman leading the Bills to a Super Bowl win. OK, a little dramatic, but he is probably good as gone.

I honestly think Garcia would be an upgrade over Edwards. But, not for long. And not meaningfully, immediately enough of an upgrade. Edwards is young, he looks very promising, and most importantly, the Bills look committed to him. Why jack him around.

Garcia wouldn't want to come here and be Edward's backup. JP wouldn't want to be Farve's backup (he would probably rather be there then here though). And, the Bucs probably don't want a guy signed for one year, who won't extend now (for backup money). Anyone ever tried to learn a new NFL playbook in three weeks?

The only thing I could see as being a possible reason to bring him in is to have a 2 year backup, as opposed to a one year. Besides, the Bucs have Simms. He would probably be a better long term backup then Garcia, especially if you consider Simms wouldn't be a lockerroom distraction like Garcia would be. That would still leave the bucs with Farve, Garcia, Brian Greise, Luke McCown, and Josh Johnson(R).

But, considering Simms is about to get cut, trading them Losman wouldn't make sense. He and Gruden don't get along, and Simms is 5th on the depth chart (actually, I don't think he is even on it). NTM, it would make me puke.

So how about if we just sit tight, wait for Hamden to show if he can be an adequate backup, and wait for another team to get it's starter injured or wait for Simms to be cut. There will be better suitors if the Bills really want to swap out Losman.
                      Last edited by yordad; 08-05-2008, 11:34 PM.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                        Garcia wouldn't want to come here and be Edward's backup. JP wouldn't want to be Farve's backup (he would probably rather be there then here though). And, the Bucs probably don't want a guy signed for one year, who won't extend now (for backup money). Anyone ever tried to learn a new NFL playbook in three weeks?

Agree with the rest of Yordad's comments.

Disagree on:
                        1. I think Losman would enjoy being favre's backup. i think he'd feel vindicated that Favre can sling it around and would feel like he could too.
                        2. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on JP on this board, i think it's pretty sure bet that losman will be on backup pay next year unless he gets a lot of time here and proves he's worth more by winning games and playing consistent. Could happen, but i think it's unlikely.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          Agree with the rest of Yordad's comments.

Disagree on:
                          1. I think Losman would enjoy being favre's backup. i think he'd feel vindicated that Favre can sling it around and would feel like he could too.
                          2. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on JP on this board, i think it's pretty sure bet that losman will be on backup pay next year unless he gets a lot of time here and proves he's worth more by winning games and playing consistent. Could happen, but i think it's unlikely.
                          Thankyou trap. And thanks for reading the whole thing. I wasn't sure anyone would. It kept growing. I will use the same format, I hope it doesn't come off offensive.

1. Yes, I think he would prefer to be his backup as opposed to an Edwards backup. But I think he would strongly prefer a scenario with open competition.
                          2. You may be right, but I think he is an optimist. I think we can all say he seems like a fairly confident person. And we don't know that some teams haven't showed some interest. Especially if he has a strong preseason.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

true, on the second point, but i just don't see a really desperate team wanting someone else's failure. if he came from a bigger school, he'd have more coaches vouching for him and getting him another shot. i think Tulane hurts him.

and while we make excuses, fairly or not, with his bad coaches, no line, poor running game, i don't think GM's look at enough tape to see that. They see a sporadic passer who can't be a difference maker. if you're team is really bad, you need a QB who can make game changing plays and steal a couple games. If you are a defensive power house, you just need a guy who doesn't mess up and will be consistent.

JP doesn't fit either of those based on past performance. it'll be interesting for sure to see what happens to him, but i see him fading out over the next couple years. I would be surprised if he gets his chance to turn it on and be consistent.

Comment

• DrGraves
                              • Mar 2008

wtf, tampa has a zillion qb's on their roster, they dont want jp. jp is a good backup to have, hes been here and knows the guys. idk why you guys want to trade him so badly.

Comment

Working...
                              X