PDA

View Full Version : NFL issues league-wide fan code of conduct

Coach Sal
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM
NFL ISSUES FAN CODE OF CONDUCT:

“The National Football League and its teams are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:

· Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature
· Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
· Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
· Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
· Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
· Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans

“Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games.”

RingofFire
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM
LAME

VeggieMan14
08-05-2008, 09:18 PM
all the more reason for us to disobey. laws are made to be broken

Mitchy moo
08-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Kill or be killed, that's the law.

SABuffalo786
08-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Come into the Rockpile and try to enforce that. :D

trapezeus
08-05-2008, 11:58 PM
i think those are fair rules. i know i pay for my seat so i can see the game and not a bunch of frat boys having to walk back and forth to the bathroom during key plays.

When i want to drink expensively, i go to a bar. When i want to see football expensively, i go to the game.

DrGraves
08-06-2008, 12:01 AM
ROFL!!!!!!!! you have 80,000 drunken fans at the ralph, and about 500 security guards (most of which also drunk)... good luck enforcing that

LtFinFan66
08-06-2008, 12:28 AM
I have no problem with this....except for the language part:opiv:

mybills
08-06-2008, 06:53 AM
"and in the parking lot."

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

OpIv37
08-06-2008, 08:18 AM
· Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature
· Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
· Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
· Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
· Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
· Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans

i think those are fair rules. i know i pay for my seat so i can see the game and not a bunch of frat boys having to walk back and forth to the bathroom during key plays.

When i want to drink expensively, i go to a bar. When i want to see football expensively, i go to the game.

The problem is that the ones I bolded are highly subjective. What constitutes "foul or abusive language"? Will chanting "Bull****! Bulll****!" after a bad call get you thrown out? And if so, how are they going to enforce it when 10,000 people are chanting it at the same time?

And in typical NFL hypocrisy, they institute a set of rules to keep the stadiums family friendly but then they jack up the prices to where the average family can't afford to go to games. It's a crock of ****.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2008, 08:22 AM

:hi5:

If you want to be drunk and unruly(as I do) you sit in the endzone(as I do)

I don't sit more towards the 50 because it is full of stuffy douches that call security if you so much as stand up during a play. But since I know this is the case I sit in an area condusive to my rowdiness. Later in life I may become more tame and move to closer to the 50

Dr. Lecter
08-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Foul language?

Mike will be kicked out of every game this year.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Come into the Rockpile and try to enforce that. :D
Not gonna happen

trapezeus
08-06-2008, 08:28 AM
:hi5:

If you want to be drunk and unruly(as I do) you sit in the endzone(as I do)

I don't sit more towards the 50 because it is full of stuffy douches that call security if you so much as stand up during a play. But since I know this is the case I sit in an area condusive to my rowdiness. Later in life I may become more tame and move to closer to the 50

And since i am one of the stuffy douches, i sit at the 45 under the press box. :-)

i'm a football purist, i rarely drink during games. And that's not to say that i don't drink or i find debauchery below me. I just really like the game and having people tap you on the shoulder on 3rd and 3 (even early in the game), is maddening.

Also what OP said, the rules are fairly subjective. I think if you are saying something in disgust with a call, they let it go. if you are swearing to your friends, they'll let it go. But i think for the people who make a spectacle that everyone in the section wants to calm down or beat down, they'll remove.

the rules seem to just give them a stronger outline to toss people truly out of control. I also think you get tossed if you can't be asked to not be so out of control. i don't think it'll become like a gulag and everyone will be living in fear that they'll get tossed.

Don't worry about it becoming wimbeldon or anything.

OpIv37
08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
And since i am one of the stuffy douches, i sit at the 45 under the press box. :-)

i'm a football purist, i rarely drink during games. And that's not to say that i don't drink or i find debauchery below me. I just really like the game and having people tap you on the shoulder on 3rd and 3 (even early in the game), is maddening.

Also what OP said, the rules are fairly subjective. I think if you are saying something in disgust with a call, they let it go. if you are swearing to your friends, they'll let it go. But i think for the people who make a spectacle that everyone in the section wants to calm down or beat down, they'll remove.

the rules seem to just give them a stronger outline to toss people truly out of control. I also think you get tossed if you can't be asked to not be so out of control. i don't think it'll become like a gulag and everyone will be living in fear that they'll get tossed.

Don't worry about it becoming wimbeldon or anything.

how do you know that they'll let it go? Maybe if you're rooting for the other team they don't let it go. Maybe if you're below a certain age they don't let it go, but if you're a middle aged guy at the game with his kids they do let it go.

Most security guards are just douchebags on a power trip trying to compensate for the fact that they have no control over their own lives by controlling other people at their jobs. I don't trust them to enforce subjective rules consistently or fairly at all.

Mr. Pink
08-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Wow, how lame.

No more harassing opposing teams fans in your stadium? Really? Are they serious?

God forbid you tell the guy next to you wearing a Dan Marino jersey that his team ****ing sucks and that Beck is a bum. Because that could be harassment and get you thrown out.

BTW, throwing items on the field has always been a leaguewide rule that would get you thrown out if caught.

trapezeus
08-06-2008, 08:46 AM
i say the rule should be if you sing the shout song horribly out of tune, acapella style, you get tossed.

Two years ago there was a guy who sat behind me for a game and would sing the chorus of Journey's "big wheel" AKA "the Big wheel in the sky keeps on turning". Those were the only words he'd sing. if you know the song, it borders on being annoyingly catchy (but really just annoying). And you'll also know it has no bearing on any football play at any point ever in the history of the game. i would hope the new rules would be able to get that guy tossed.

SABuffalo786
08-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Wow, how lame.

No more harassing opposing teams fans in your stadium? Really? Are they serious?

Stating intent and actually enforcing it are two different things.

If they wanted to do this they would have to eject a good 60-70% of the Ralph.