PDA

View Full Version : Looking back

Bling
08-06-2008, 12:00 AM
I love looking back in the past, and wonder "What if..." So I have a few questions for Bills fans on Bills stuff.

1. Travis Henry or Willis McGahee?
2. Should you have traded Nate Clements, and got value or kept him that extra year?
3. Drew Bledsoe or JP Losman?
4. Sam Adams or Larry Tripplett?
5. Should Moulds have been kept?
6. Was the Marv experiment a plus, or the same ole Bills?

DrGraves
08-06-2008, 12:04 AM
1. both suck nuts
2. hes and overpaid doucher.
3. statue vs. jp epilepsy as someone so kindly put it
4. sammy
5. moulds is a bills great IMO and wall of fame
6. might have helped a little.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Some excellent questions, Bling.

1.) Neither. I would have kept Henry another year and drafted a different RB than McGahee the next year.

2.) Good question. Probably should have traded him, but wouldn't have gotten value for him. Keeping him may have helped Whitner and McGee develop that year.

3.) Bledsoe was finished. IMHO Losman could have done the same as Orton if he had the support of the vets on the team

4.) Neither. Levy was right when he said Pat Williams was the guy they should have kept and never let go of.

5.) No! He was part of the problem, not part of the solution. And, as evidenced by what he did elsewhere, he was finished.

6.) A plus. Cleaned out the "Augean Stables" that the lockerroom had become and brought stability to the organization. Also, as FTP and some Bills fans like to point out, the Bills don't have the star power that they had with Spikes, Adams, Bledsoe, Fletcher, Moulds, etc., but the kids they brought in play hard and don't quit like those vets did in 2005 and they easily could have quit, as so many other teams have, with all the injuries they had especially early on last season. Now it will be up to those kids to take the next step up, which they will have to do to make the team contenders for a playoff berth and not a team spinning its wheels.

Dujek
08-06-2008, 02:59 AM
I love looking back in the past, and wonder "What if..." So I have a few questions for Bills fans on Bills stuff.

2. Should you have traded Nate Clements, and got value or kept him that extra year?

1. When McGahee was on he was a genuine home run threat, but his attitude sucked. Henry was more interested in knocking chicks up than running the football. I'd say McGahee at a pinch, but I'd rather have neither.

2. Looking back on it now the best plan would have been to trade him, but at the time I wanted them to keep him and give him whatever money he wanted to stay after that. Good job they didn't because he hasn't exactly been brilliant since he left.

3. Losman. I think Bledsoe and all I see is that game against the Steelers backups where he sucked more than a Tera Patrick special. With JP I feel that he had a chance to be a good NFL QB, but he wasn't the right guy for the Bills. He'd have been a perfect fit for Green Bay, but he'd have still been waiting to get a start.

4. Sam Adams, he at least made an effort at times.

5. He needed to go for the sake of team unity. Which is a shame, because he is one of the Bills' all-time greats. Then again his recent performances have shown that it was the right decision.

6. Definitely helped. A lot of the guys making significant contributions to the team are players Levy either drafted or signed through FA. The guy knows football, and he cleared out a lot of the dead wood.

Luisito23
08-06-2008, 03:18 AM

1) Travis Henry

2) Traded him

3) Bledsoe

4) Sam

5) Yes!

6) Most definitely a PLUS!

Crisis
08-06-2008, 04:28 AM
the mcgahee "home run" threat was the biggest load of bull ever. after his knee injury he never had the same speed in college, i dont think i remember him winning any foot races, even his longest TD vs the Jets he almost got caught from behind

mybills
08-06-2008, 06:01 AM
1. Travis Henry or Willis McGahee? Travis played hard even with a broken shin bone. McGahee was a wasted 1st round draft pick, that we could've used on a defensive player.
2. Should you have traded Nate Clements, and got value or kept him that extra year? Keeping him didn't equal PO's because of all the other problems..trade him.
3. Drew Bledsoe or JP Losman? I never wanted Bledsoe..I knew he would take a nosedive twds the PO's..did it again in Dallas.
4. Sam Adams or Larry Tripplett? Neither.
5. Should Moulds have been kept? I loved him, but no. (See Clements)
6. Was the Marv experiment a plus, or the same ole Bills? A plus. He weeded out a lot of the crap.

Homegrown
08-06-2008, 06:01 AM
1) Henry. No team should use their 1st round choice on an injuried player (at any position) who'll sit out the season.

2) Kept him. Because Clements was an unrestricted FA at the end of the year, he had little trade value.

3) Didn't matter....I'll go with JP because Bledsoe's career was over...

4) Niether.

5) Let Moulds go.

6) Marv was a plus.