PDA

View Full Version : Farve to Tampa likely within 24 hours(maybe)

LtFinFan66
08-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Take it with a grain of salt considering the source but someone also said they heard it mentioned on ESPN

The Brett Favre saga is about to end with the NFL icon in pewter.
The Tribune has learned Favre will not stand in the way of a trade from Green Bay to Tampa Bay and the deal is likely to be finalized within 24 hours.
The chances of the trade unraveling are remote and Favre has indicated to the Bucs directly that he is willing to change teams after 16 years of growing his legend in Green Bay.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C546/

njsue
08-06-2008, 03:50 AM
Brett should have stayed retired. This is a mess. Tampa has a starter Jeff Garcia.

clumping platelets
08-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Tampa has enough cap space as well

LtFinFan66
08-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Brett should have stayed retired. This is a mess. Tampa has a starter Jeff Garcia.not for long. And isn't he injured or something?

njsue
08-06-2008, 04:00 AM
not for long. And isn't he injured or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Garcia

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

After his run with the Eagles, Garcia signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on March 3, 2007, to compete for their starting position.[4] As of the start of the 2007 regular season, Garcia is currently the Bucs' starting quarterback[5] and has the third highest quarterback rating in the National Football League.[6]He also brought the Bucs to the playoffs. The Buccaneers lost to the eventual Super Bowl winning Giants 14-24 in the NFC Wild Card Playoffs on January 6, 2008 with Garcia throwing for 207 yards, 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions. On January 24, 2008 it was announced that Garcia would be replacing Brett Favre in the Pro Bowl, making it his first Pro Bowl since 2002. Garcia has suggested in 2008 that he may stage a holdout of the Buccaneers if they don't meet his contract extension demands. He is in the final year of the two year contract. He is expected to make $2.75 million this season, including a $750,000 roster bonus. [7]

LtFinFan66
08-06-2008, 04:13 AM
What does that tell me? Is he or was he injured:idunno:

njsue
08-06-2008, 10:08 AM
What does that tell me? Is he or was he injured:idunno:

Jeff Garcia was injured I believe early in the 2007 season but returned to play.

He would not have been named to replace farve if he was still injured.

ddaryl
08-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I wish nothing but the worst for Farve... he has created a mess so big that Aaron Rogers will never be able to overcome.

I lost every morsel fo respect I had for Farve as a player and now think he is pretty selfish.

there needs to be stipulation in the next CBA that grants teams some immunity from this type of stuff. You announce your retirement and sign the papers... your retired and only the team can decide if they want you back. If your not sure don't sign the papers.

billsburgh
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
at least it's not the Jets and we dont have to worry about facing him

LtFinFan66
08-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Jeff Garcia was injured I believe early in the 2007 season but returned to play.

He would not have been named to replace farve if he was still injured.Jesus Sue, I thought I had heard he was hurt in a mini camp or something:rolleyes:

!Papacrunk!
08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
we'll take Garcia, lol, even though he's a West Coast guy, but on the other side I really don't see the Bucs cutting any of their 103 QBs, maybe they'll cut Simms.

coastal
08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
If I am Jeff Garcia, please help me understand why I give a **** about going to work in the first place...

http://www.extasic.com/sexy_babes/Carmella%20Decesare2.jpg

Confused
08-06-2008, 07:57 PM
If I am Jeff Garcia, please help me understand why I give a **** about going to work in the first place...

http://www.extasic.com/sexy_babes/Carmella%20Decesare2.jpg
What? HUH? i I cant keep a thought in my head wuth that chick's cooch staring at me!!! That and the whole re-directed bloodflow thing going on. DAMN DUDE!!!!!!