• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannyek71
    Drink Responsibly
    • Dec 2004

8/5/08 practice notes

Take into account there was a downpour through much of practice which obviously affected performance.

Reggie Corner played well. Thus far, he's outplayed LM. LM looks more physically gifted, but looks lost at times. RC plays like hes been in the league a few years.

TE had a below average night. Short passes were ok, anything more than 20 yards was a duck (keep in mind the rain obviously affected his passes somewhat). I keep hearing how he's had a good camp, he's looked below average throughout camp to me. I HATE to keep comparing him to KH, but this camp reminds me of the one two years ago. KH would throw all the passes short and do ok, but all his deep ones were horrible. JP couldnt throw the short passes, but bombs were ok.

Matt Baker vs GH has been an interesting battle. I look for us to keep Baker. Decent arm, fast QB, looks like he plays smart. GH has a pretty good arm though. Baker is fun to watch.

Initially, JP looked ok. His receivers dropped a few passes. Then he threw a couple of picks. I've said it before, but he has bagged it.

Just Jenkins is getting alot of reps with the 1st team. He made a few good catches. Look for him to make the team. I call a surprise cut to be Josh Reed. our recievers would be

Evans
    Hardy
    Parrish
    Jenkins
    Johnson

Im adding in Johnson here because everyone seems to be so high on him. He really hasnt done much to impress me though. He looks ok, but IDK what much of this fuss is about.

Mitchell is a beast, you can already see him leading this defense.

OL looked decent. Hard to gauge many players b/c of the nature of the practice.
    [
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: 8/5/08 practice notes

bagged it?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

They said the same thing about Brady the first few years he played, he was effecient in shorter throws but couldn't throw long, I think we know how that story ended up working out.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Ya know, everyone kept saying Trent was the one, and how he's so much better than JP..and NOT to turn this into another debate about them, but from what I keep reading from camp..I really should remember my gut feeling about him, instead of believing everyone's praise. I hope the hell he plays better by the ps games, and I will watch him then to make up my mind about him. There's still too many question marks.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

I think the obvious solution is to put Trent in when we want to throw short, and JP in to go deep... it'll work like a charm!

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

lol, has any team ever used dual QB's in every game?

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

How come I have the aching suspiscion that Trent Edwards is going to suck?

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

because they haven't been able to draft a decent QB since Kelly?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                  The steelers used Kordell Stewart and Jim Miller (I think) alternating between the two of them, around 96'/97' season

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                    because they haven't been able to draft a decent QB since Kelly?
                    I think when they drafted EDWARDS they were drafting a guy to be a good #2 QB and now he is our #1....
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                      I think when they drafted EDWARDS they were drafting a guy to be a good #2 QB and now he is our #1....
                      is he though? seems like the jury is still out according to all of these reports..not just this rainy one.

Comment

• Kenny
                        • Aug 2004

That'd be hillarious. Trent whenever we're in our own 20 or in the redzone (basically whenever the ball has to come out fast), and then JP otherwise.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                          is he though? seems like the jury is still out according to all of these reports..not just this rainy one.
                          Well honestly, all these reports don't mean much at this point. It's up to the organization, not the fans watching training camp. He is our #1 at this point regardless of how good or bad people view his training camp. Whether he is the long term solution or not... obviously that is yet to be decided.

Comment

• dannyek71
                            Drink Responsibly
                            • Dec 2004

I didn't mean to make a stir. TE has outplayed this camp and should be our starter. My intention wasn't to make a TE vs JP thread. I think we might have had one of those already.

I am just calling it as I see it.

BTW, I still have much love for Xavier Omon.
                            [

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                              Well honestly, all these reports don't mean much at this point. It's up to the organization, not the fans watching training camp. He is our #1 at this point regardless of how good or bad people view his training camp. Whether he is the long term solution or not... obviously that is yet to be decided.
                              hence my question..is he though?

Comment

Working...
                              X