PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Cap Rule- Clump or someone ?

patmoran2006
08-06-2008, 07:57 AM
I talked to someone covering the Bills for WGR ( you can do the math) this morning. And I’m asking this question to clump or a cap guy because I don’t what the rule is, or how much cap space we currently have. But doesn’t each team have to spend a certain amount of money each season, some kind of Paul Brown (Bengals) rule?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I ask because I was told that until after we had extended Kyle Williams a month ago the Bills were below the minimum amount of money that a team must spent in regards to the salary cap..<o:p></o:p>
Weird for me to hear, because we did trade for Stroud, sign Mitchell and extend <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Butler</st1:place></st1:City>. Of course, we did lose some FA’s of our own (none vital of course) and did cut Tripplett and his salary.<o:p></o:p>
But do you know of this to be true? How much freegin under the cap are we right now?<o:p></o:p>

Ebenezer
08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I talked to someone covering the Bills for WGR ( you can do the math) this morning. And I’m asking this question to clump or a cap guy because I don’t what the rule is, or how much cap space we currently have. But doesn’t each team have to spend a certain amount of money each season, some kind of Paul Brown (Bengals) rule?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I ask because I was told that until after we had extended Kyle Williams a month ago the Bills were below the minimum amount of money that a team must spent in regards to the salary cap..<o:p></o:p>
Weird for me to hear, because we did trade for Stroud, sign Mitchell and extend <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Butler</st1:place></st1:City>. Of course, we did lose some FA’s of our own (none vital of course) and did cut Tripplett and his salary.<o:p></o:p>
But do you know of this to be true? How much freegin under the cap are we right now?<o:p></o:p>
There is a minimum but truthfully, over the years I have forgotten what it is.

clumping platelets
08-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I think for this season it's 86.4% of the unadjusted salary cap

patmoran2006
08-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Is it true we weren't even over the minimum you have to spend before we extended Kyle Williams?

clumping platelets
08-06-2008, 05:09 PM
No, it wasn't

clumping platelets
08-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Bills must use slightly more than $100,000,000 in cap dollars this season

patmoran2006
08-06-2008, 08:05 PM
And where are they at?

clumping platelets
08-06-2008, 08:47 PM
$105 million approximately

Also, there is no reason the Bills must spend their cap space BEFORE training camp. They have until the end of the season to use it up. I do not know why people are so much in a hurry to burn up the cap.

Ebenezer
08-06-2008, 10:13 PM
$105 million approximately

Also, there is no reason the Bills must spend their cap space BEFORE training camp. They have until the end of the season to use it up. I do not know why people are so much in a hurry to burn up the cap.
it's the American way...got an extra dime spend it...