• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Minimum Cap Rule- Clump or someone ?

I talked to someone covering the Bills for WGR ( you can do the math) this morning. And I’m asking this question to clump or a cap guy because I don’t what the rule is, or how much cap space we currently have. But doesn’t each team have to spend a certain amount of money each season, some kind of Paul Brown (Bengals) rule?

I ask because I was told that until after we had extended Kyle Williams a month ago the Bills were below the minimum amount of money that a team must spent in regards to the salary cap..

Weird for me to hear, because we did trade for Stroud, sign Mitchell and extend Butler. Of course, we did lose some FA’s of our own (none vital of course) and did cut Tripplett and his salary.

But do you know of this to be true? How much freegin under the cap are we right now?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Minimum Cap Rule- Clump or someone ?

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    I talked to someone covering the Bills for WGR ( you can do the math) this morning. And I’m asking this question to clump or a cap guy because I don’t what the rule is, or how much cap space we currently have. But doesn’t each team have to spend a certain amount of money each season, some kind of Paul Brown (Bengals) rule?

I ask because I was told that until after we had extended Kyle Williams a month ago the Bills were below the minimum amount of money that a team must spent in regards to the salary cap..

Weird for me to hear, because we did trade for Stroud, sign Mitchell and extend Butler. Of course, we did lose some FA’s of our own (none vital of course) and did cut Tripplett and his salary.

But do you know of this to be true? How much freegin under the cap are we right now?
    There is a minimum but truthfully, over the years I have forgotten what it is.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I think for this season it's 86.4% of the unadjusted salary cap

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Is it true we weren't even over the minimum you have to spend before we extended Kyle Williams?

Comment

• clumping platelets

No, it wasn't

Comment

• clumping platelets

Bills must use slightly more than $100,000,000 in cap dollars this season

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

And where are they at?

Comment

• clumping platelets

$105 million approximately

Also, there is no reason the Bills must spend their cap space BEFORE training camp. They have until the end of the season to use it up. I do not know why people are so much in a hurry to burn up the cap.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  $105 million approximately

Also, there is no reason the Bills must spend their cap space BEFORE training camp. They have until the end of the season to use it up. I do not know why people are so much in a hurry to burn up the cap.
                  it's the American way...got an extra dime spend it...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                  X