PDA

View Full Version : Camp studs and camp losers!!

HHURRICANE
08-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Well this is obiously based on what has happened thus far but here goes:

Studs

1) Reggie Corner looks like he's going to be playing as a starter. The guy is outplaying McKelvin.

2) Lee Evans is playing like a guy that is getting paid after this year, even if it's not by the Bills.

3) I knew Fred Jackson was going to be great. Three months ago I listed him as one of the reasons that this team would be better on offense. If he stays healthy I think he's going to be a star this year.

4) Marcus Stroud looks like he is the real deal.

5) All of the LBs. They all seem to be playing well.

Losers

1) Alvin Bowen. I know this isn't nice but his career could be over before it began.

2) Wright. The guy needed to be a stud after not looking very good last year. I'll take Omon at this point.

3) Robert Royal. If he is in a battle for the starting job with a 10 million dollar contract than let's send him out to pasture with Peerless Price.

4) Obviousy if Losman isn't handed the starting job, or the fornt runner coming into camp, he can't play better than below average. The guy hasn't even tried to make it a competition. QBs do lose their jobs in camp, like in Jacksonville last year.

5) McKelvin, so far, is looking like a first round bust. Has he done anything in camp that looks like a 1st round pick?

bigbub2352
08-06-2008, 08:46 AM
I still think we should have gone a different way other than CB, Reggie Corner is looking like the better pick, and would have given us the depth we needed, Youboty as emerged this camp as well, he will not be cut

i would have to put Hardy on your list of who is not too, he has done nothing in camp so far either, i would add Steve johnson to whos hot he was doing very well until he got his knee ailgnment but was the star of that rookie scrimmage on saturday

I hope it is to early to be scared but McKlevin and Hardy both have **** the bed so far

DraftBoy
08-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Matt Baker=Stud

yordad
08-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Out of curiosity, how many practices have you watched?

Bling
08-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Out of curiosity, how many practices have you watched?

This is a huge epidemic with people that make mock drafts. It bothers me too, yordad.

Dr. Lecter
08-06-2008, 09:16 AM
So McKelvin and Hardy look like busts after ten practices?

Huh?

Why people get excited over Corner or Schouman or are worried about McKelvin or Hardy already I will never understand.

Dr. Lecter
08-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Matt Baker=Stud

Based on what?

Will he make the team?

Mitchy moo
08-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Camp studs may or may not translate into game studs.

patmoran2006
08-06-2008, 09:29 AM
LOL
how can you make this thread before any preseason games are played?

Leodis looks like a bust? HE hasn't seen a second of game action in his career yet!!!!!!! (having said that, I'll say it til I"m blue in the face- the pick should've been Albert, and given Peters deal right now, that pick would look even better)

HHURRICANE
08-06-2008, 09:57 AM
LOL
how can you make this thread before any preseason games are played?

Leodis looks like a bust? HE hasn't seen a second of game action in his career yet!!!!!!! (having said that, I'll say it til I"m blue in the face- the pick should've been Albert, and given Peters deal right now, that pick would look even better)

Did I not start the thread this way??????????????????????:

"Well this is obiously based on what has happened thus far but here goes"

We haven't played a game yet. Just having a little fun and stirring the pot for thoughts, ideas, etc.

Geez.

You realize this site isn't linked to national security or anything serious?

dannyek71
08-06-2008, 09:58 AM
hurricane> how many camps have you been to?

justasportsfan
08-06-2008, 09:59 AM
:tap:

HHURRICANE
08-06-2008, 10:03 AM

This is totally fair. I'm making my comments off of what I have been reading. You, Mikey, Chris Brown, Buffalo News, etc.

Believe me, I can't wait to watch the first pre-season game and see it with my own eyes.

I appreciated your report, it just seemed like it was contracdicted by what Chris Brown worte and the praise Schonert was giving Edwards last night.

HHURRICANE
08-06-2008, 10:04 AM

In fairness, Mikey thought Edwards didn't look good either.

justasportsfan
08-06-2008, 10:07 AM
So why isn't he on the losers list?

HHURRICANE
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
So why isn't he on the losers list?

Because he's been neither. I put Hardy is in the same boat. He's looked good and bad.

I'm just picking out guys that look like the read deal so far or who have really underperformed so far. In fairness to Bowen he was doing well until he got injured but that's the an injury even if he makes a 100% recovery, for a later round pick, that may prevent him from ever seeing the field again.

I will be the first one to rip Edwards if he sucks this year. I got burned on JP after the 2006 season. Not again.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2008, 10:15 AM
This is totally fair. I'm making my comments off of what I have been reading. You, Mikey, Chris Brown, Buffalo News, etc.

Believe me, I can't wait to watch the first pre-season game and see it with my own eyes.

I appreciated your report, it just seemed like it was contracdicted by what Chris Brown worte and the praise Schonert was giving Edwards last night.
oh so your opinions are just heresay... Ok good.

justasportsfan
08-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm just picking out guys that look like the read deal so far or who have really underperformed so far.
based on conflicting reports there are no real deals.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah what about your assesment that Mckelvin is a bust although you have never even seen him play in person... :idunno:

dannyek71
08-06-2008, 10:28 AM
I dont really care what Chris Brown and others say. I call it as I see it. I watch practice, and if someone does good/bad in my 2 cents, then I state what I saw with my own eyes. What looks good to someone else, may look like garbage to someone else. If you want their opinion, read their articles. It is quite senseless to basically re-post what others are saying.

It's like me giving an "expert" opinion of quantum physics from reading other reports from scientists.

dannyek71
08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Yea, we've sat in practice together and both talked about his ducks.

Based on your avatar I'm wondering if you had too much to drink while watching. I don't remember KH throwing 50 yard passes to Evans in camp.

Still think if I had too much to drink?

justasportsfan
08-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Still think if I had too much to drink?
I do but it's has nothing to do with your report.

DraftBoy
08-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Based on what?

Will he make the team?

Reports from everybody who actually covers the whole team (read not CB) have been nothing but praising of Baker so thats what Im basing it off of.

I think he has a very good shot to make the team if not then I think he's a good PS option.

dannyek71
08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Reports from everybody who actually covers the whole team (read not CB) have been nothing but praising of Baker so thats what Im basing it off of.

I think he has a very good shot to make the team if not then I think he's a good PS option.

He is fun to watch. I think he will def make the PS, and seems to be passing GH on the depth chart.

DraftBoy
08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
He is fun to watch. I think he will def make the PS, and seems to be passing GH on the depth chart.

Now you said he has both a good arm and can run??

Saratoga Slim
08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
oh so your opinions are just heresay... Ok good.

Most of our opinions are.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Most of our opinions are.
Agreed but in reading some of these threads you would think they were filming practice and going over it extensively.

mysticsoto
08-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Well, I've been to camp and I'd like to challenge Hardy being a bust. While I was there, Hardy caught everything with soft hands away from his body. He seems legit to me! Corner is playing well and so is Youboty. I don't think that's a knock against McKelvin. You could argue the fact that he's a 1st rounder and 1st picked CB and therefore should be awesome, but he's got high caliber competition with McGee and Greer solidifying their spots and Youboty and Corner stepping it up. I still don't think he should be called a bust b'cse the competition is stellar...

Another camp stud not being mentioned - Schouman - he's looked fantastic! And we could sure use a TE stepping up!!!

HHURRICANE
08-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Agreed but in reading some of these threads you would think they were filming practice and going over it extensively.

I admitted that I got everything from what I've read so far.

I've watched every pre-season and regular game for the last 5 years and go to at least one home game a year. Unfortunately, I don't have a videographer at camp so I have to rely on what I'm reading.

Maybe McKelvin is going to be great. Just haven't read that he has done anything worthy of a first round pick so far.

What I was really hoping for was that people would post who they liked and didn't like so far.

Instead we have to love every Bill and not have an opinion.

HHURRICANE
08-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Well, I've been to camp and I'd like to challenge Hardy being a bust. While I was there, Hardy caught everything with soft hands away from his body. He seems legit to me! Corner is playing well and so is Youboty. I don't think that's a knock against McKelvin. You could argue the fact that he's a 1st rounder and 1st picked CB and therefore should be awesome, but he's got high caliber competition with McGee and Greer solidifying their spots and Youboty and Corner stepping it up. I still don't think he should be called a bust b'cse the competition is stellar...

Another camp stud not being mentioned - Schouman - he's looked fantastic! And we could sure use a TE stepping up!!!

This is what I was looking for. Intelligent discussion.

Good post and I didn't think about the fact that McKelvin might have some real competition with Hardy playing well. That's a good thing!!

raphael120
08-06-2008, 12:18 PM
One thing I worry about is Edwards putting too much pressure on himself to be perfect. Sounds like a rehashing of JP. JP stunk, so he freaked out and tried to do everything he could to get better, but at the end of the day, you either have "it" or you don't. And thus far, it seems that Edwards is going to regress this season because he's putting way too much pressure on himself and nothing is going to come naturally.

Reports on WGR this morning are telling of underthrown, way off the mark passes to wide open Evans, multiple reports even. Times where Edwards "should have been" sacked but given an extra few second and Edwards throws an INT in the endzone...I dont know about anyone else...but I'm tired of falling into the trap of getting my hopes up. Our offense is looking like nothing will change. Edwards is not looking good...and I think if in preseason, for the first series, we look like garbage, I think it's going to continue and it's going to be a sign of things to come. I saw a Zorn redskins team ( with new coaches, etc etc etc...) execute very well in the last preseason game and I think while its not an indication they are going to be awesome, it's an indication that the team is EXECUTING plays well. And that means that the team understands plays and can get the job done.

Now whens the last time you could say that our offense EXECUTED well?

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I admitted that I got everything from what I've read so far.

I've watched every pre-season and regular game for the last 5 years and go to at least one home game a year. Unfortunately, I don't have a videographer at camp so I have to rely on what I'm reading.

Maybe McKelvin is going to be great. Just haven't read that he has done anything worthy of a first round pick so far.

What I was really hoping for was that people would post who they liked and didn't like so far.

Instead we have to love every Bill and not have an opinion.
There is nothing wrong with most of this, but the one thing I take out of this that drives me nuts is the Mckelvin thing. There has not been much good or bad said about him in the 10+ days he has been at camp but instead of just leaving it at that and possibly waiting to see him play you go with the "HE MUST BE A BUST" nonsense... ITS PLAYED OUT!!!

Philagape
08-06-2008, 12:24 PM

I don't think players are drafted for what they do in the first two weeks of camp.

Bling
08-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Anybody that ever made a mock draft has not watched film of every single player they are putting in the mock draft.

DraftBoy
08-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Anybody that ever made a mock draft has not watched film of every single player they are putting in the mock draft.

Lie!

justasportsfan
08-06-2008, 01:22 PM
the fins are guilty of this when they drafted their qb's and Ginn . :D

PECKERWOOD
08-06-2008, 01:27 PM

So this is your report based off of Chris Brown, Mikey and Buffalo News? :roflmao:
Whatever, I enjoyed reading it anyways! I'll let you know what I think of our team after the final preseason game. I have my fingers crossed that McKelvin and Hardy are going to emerge during the preseason.. And I don't mean emerge in the sense that they are going to explode and play like Pro Bowlers but I mean it in a way that they will atleast flash their potential and capabilities of becoming solid starters.

HAMMER
08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
This is what I was looking for. Intelligent discussion.

Good post and I didn't think about the fact that McKelvin might have some real competition with Hardy playing well. That's a good thing!!

If you want intelligent discussion you have to start the discussion intelligently, you did not.

acehole
08-06-2008, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=HHURRICANE]
4) Obviousy if Losman isn't handed the starting job, or the fornt runner coming into camp, he can't play better than below average. The guy hasn't even tried to make it a competition. QBs do lose their jobs in camp, like in Jacksonville last year.

According to Scoob is means he is Tom Brady.

Lossman isnt the first qb to be emasculated by the Bills and he wont be the last...

the Mc lovin thing is pissing me off...I did not like the Lynch pick either and that turned out ok....some guys are just gamers...I think Sat will reveal some things about him...