• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Bills QB's vs. Washington - Preseason

This is NOT meant to be TE vs JPL

How do play our 4QB's this week? Do you put trent in for a few series to get acclimated and let the other 3 finish out the game? Or do you put trent in for a half to really learn these plays? You don't want TE going down in preseason, but you'd like him to get comfortable running a new offense. I'm curious how the rotation will work for the offense in general.

It's kind of an unfair question because DJ would know where the bills are in terms of dealing with Peters. So if he thinks they're going to end this in the next week or so, he's best just letting TE play a quarter and let TE get more practice when peters is back.

If he knows that Peters is out for the forseeable future, then we got to just get trent the snaps and show him what it's like to have a totally exposed blindside.
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills QB's vs. Washington - Preseason

TE will play 1st quarter... JP will own 2ns and 3rd quarter... scrubs will finish the game.

As for JP getting the majority of the reps... Trenchers better be able to withstand the heat!

Comment

• Confused
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jun 2007

The first preseason game I say play Trent MAYBE the whole 1st. By the last preseason game I want him in 2 quarters tops. Give JP the bulk of the work and let the Israeli and the Rook slug it out in garbage time.
      Furthermore, Evans Parrish and Hardy should see limited 1st half duty.
      McGee, and Parrish should let Mckelvin handle all 1st half kicks and let some other warm body other than Fred Jackson return the rest.
      If Lynch touches the ball more than 3 runs and a screen or two each game, the bills are flirting with disaster. We know the Beast can pound the ball. Let him loose on the Seahawks. Not in preseason. I'm not saying baby him like that sissy LT, just dont put him in harm's way if we dont have to. Give Freddie the bulk and the let Omon take Wright's job.
      Give Wendling some reps@ FS. He's freakishly athletic and vastly underutilized
      The Corner/McKelvin/James battle should be good.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

U aint gonna see much on offense.. what i EXPECT to see is an extra TE or RB to block everytime Edwards throws the ball in the area of Chambers.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

You know what you have with JP... so play Trent for the whole 1st half or more.

From there... Baker for the rest of the game.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by coastal
            You know what you have with JP... so play Trent for the whole 1st half or more.

From there... Baker for the rest of the game.
            Yeah, lets cut JP and Hamden!

Seriously though, I think the Bills could limit JP's action. They may be keeping their options open should a suiter become available. QBs go down early all the time. Someone could ring the Bills bell. And, the Bills will have to evalute the backups, if they plan on entertaining any offers.

Not to mention, they would be scared to death JP would light up the joint going against 2 stringers. Hardy should get good reps if he is healthy. And, there is a stable of fleet young guys: Parrish, Jackson (out of the BF), Mayle, Jenkins, Huggins, some new dude named Jones, some other guy, and possibly Johnson. Not that these guys are "all-stars", but I think he is basically used to guys like this starting. And against second stringers this time..... it should be fun to watch.

If you recall, last year they phased Nall out of the offense completely when he was supposed to be the backup, giving TE more of the game snaps just before getting rid of him. And, there are reports of people saying JP looks like he lost interest (in their opinion).

Trying to hold JP out is plausible, but there is a flip side. First, they could get more for him if they paly him, and he performs lights-out. But, most importantly, the other guys might not be NFL QBs. Regular season backups. We would be gasping every time Trent drops back. We would first have to have one of several old, retired, jobless, experienced NFL QBs laying around, in the least. And, being that we won't find an upgrade, JP will probably have to be familiar and comfortable in this offense at some point in the season.

QBs get injured a lot, our backup better get reps. Don't be afraid Jauron. The force is great in this one. And, not to put Edwards down, but he had to have significant surgery from a charley horse.

Loosely,
            TE- 1st quarter. Only one series if it looks real good.
            JP- 2nd quarter, start 3rd
            Hamden- 3rd
            Baker-4th
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by yordad
              Yeah, lets cut JP and Hamden!

Seriously though, I think the Bills could limit JP's action. They may be keeping their options open should a suiter become available. QBs go down early all the time. Someone could ring the Bills bell. And, the Bills will have to evalute the backups, if they plan on entertaining any offers.

Not to mention, they would be scared to death JP would light up the joint going against 2 stringers. Hardy should get good reps if he is healthy. And, there is a stable of fleet young guys: Parrish, Jackson (out of the BF), Mayle, Jenkins, Huggins, some new dude named Jones, some other guy, and possibly Johnson. Not that these guys are "all-stars", but I think he is basically used to guys like this starting. And against second stringers this time..... it should be fun to watch.

If you recall, last year they phased Nall out of the offense completely when he was supposed to be the backup, giving TE more of the game snaps just before getting rid of him. And, there are reports of people saying JP looks like he lost interest (in their opinion).

Trying to hold JP out is plausible, but there is a flip side. First, they could get more for him if they paly him, and he performs lights-out. But, most importantly, the other guys might not be NFL QBs. Regular season backups. We would be gasping every time Trent drops back. We would first have to have one of several old, retired, jobless, experienced NFL QBs laying around, in the least. And, being that we won't find an upgrade, JP will probably have to be familiar and comfortable in this offense at some point in the season.

QBs get injured a lot, our backup better get reps. Don't be afraid Jauron. The force is great in this one. And, not to put Edwards down, but he had to have significant surgery from a charley horse.

Loosely,
              TE- 1st quarter. Only one series if it looks real good.
              JP- 2nd quarter, start 3rd
              Hamden- 3rd
              Baker-4th
              If the reports of JP losing interest are accurate then all the more reason to shut him out and see what you have in Baker.

Baker may turn out to be more than serviceable.

If so, then JP gets pushed further down the depth chart or even out the ****ing door.

He can go play in his garden for all I care.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

I want to see the hamden vs matt situation...myself....

If edwards played well last year it was in the Washington game....I would play him more in the latter preaseason games and use these first ones to evaluate lesser talent. I really believe they want 2 starting quality qb's and they dont want to trade JP....however they should try and showcase him and or get him ready as well....on account Trent has not played a full season in his career.

Originally posted by trapezeus
                This is NOT meant to be TE vs JPL

How do play our 4QB's this week? Do you put trent in for a few series to get acclimated and let the other 3 finish out the game? Or do you put trent in for a half to really learn these plays? You don't want TE going down in preseason, but you'd like him to get comfortable running a new offense. I'm curious how the rotation will work for the offense in general.

It's kind of an unfair question because DJ would know where the bills are in terms of dealing with Peters. So if he thinks they're going to end this in the next week or so, he's best just letting TE play a quarter and let TE get more practice when peters is back.

If he knows that Peters is out for the forseeable future, then we got to just get trent the snaps and show him what it's like to have a totally exposed blindside.
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

A young QB learning a new offense needs more time than a starting QB normally would get in a preseason game.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by coastal
                    If the reports of JP losing interest are accurate then all the more reason to shut him out and see what you have in Baker.

Baker may turn out to be more than serviceable.

If so, then JP gets pushed further down the depth chart or even out the ****ing door.

He can go play in his garden for all I care.
                    I think this post is fairly ridiculous.

The only thing that would have been more ridiculous..... Yeah cut JP! He looked detached one day! Let's roll with Baker!

You must realize that what you just said wouldn't be in the best interest of the Bills.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

JP also had an injury- it was minor but it was a finger on his throwing hand.

If his action is limited, I bet that's the excuse.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                        I think this post is fairly ridiculous.

The only thing that would have been more ridiculous..... Yeah cut JP! He looked detached one day! Let's roll with Baker!

You must realize that what you just said wouldn't be in the best interest of the Bills.
                        Why is it ridiculous? If JP has mentally checked out and is no longer on the reservation, then I don't want him backing up my starter.

I would want to immediately see how my other guys performed, and if they brought something to the table and were more than excited to be there...

...then that is who I go with. And you know what? The rest of the team would not only respect it... but notice it!

"Hunger is the handmaid of genius" ~ Mark Twain

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

One thing I'm looking forward to is seeing Stevie Johnson play. He'll definitely be playing for a bit.

Comment

• chubluv
                            BillsZone bowling team MVP
                            • Jan 2003

They were saying on the radio tonight that Baker has a tweaked hamstring & JP's Thumb is still swollen.
                            So maybe TE palys a little more then a quarter then the Hamdan takes over from there.

We are in 5th place
                            Clump is on the IR
                            Chubluv average is 167
                            Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                            Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• acehole
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
                              A young QB learning a new offense needs more time than a starting QB normally would get in a preseason game.

?
                              Hated by the stupid..
                              Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                              X