Forked Thread: although unlikely, a good Bills scenario..who would really want Favre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: although unlikely, a good Bills scenario..who would really want Favre?

Forked from: although unlikely, a good Bills scenario..

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    If Favre is traded to Tampa in the next 24 or so hours
    Why would any team other than one with legit SB possibilities want BF? He is only one player and he probably only has one or two good years left in him if that. In 2006 people were hoping he would retire.

Is the addition of BF to the Jets or 'Fins get them to the SB? Doubtful at best. I can't see him going any place but TB. $12 million against the cap? That's a lot after the team is basically set. Please tell me why a team would want him unless he could put them "in THE game". He is only one player.

What teams realistically would want him?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Forked Thread: although unlikely, a good Bills scenario..who would really want Favre?

Because the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Everyone thinks they are a contender in August.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Re: Forked Thread: although unlikely, a good Bills scenario..who would really want Favre?

I would love for him to play here if he restructured his contract so we could still sign Evans and Peters.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
        Because the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Everyone thinks they are a contender in August.
        I know that...which is why I ask the question of who could really use a quickly aging body who might be able to get them better but not to the show - including slowing the development of a QB?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

I think a team like the Vikings makes the most sense (finances aside).

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Forked from: although unlikely, a good Bills scenario..

Why would any team other than one with legit SB possibilities want BF? He is only one player and he probably only has one or two good years left in him if that. In 2006 people were hoping he would retire.

Is the addition of BF to the Jets or 'Fins get them to the SB? Doubtful at best. I can't see him going any place but TB. $12 million against the cap? That's a lot after the team is basically set. Please tell me why a team would want him unless he could put them "in THE game". He is only one player.

What teams realistically would want him?
            the old saying in football or any sport is "get us to the playoffs and lets see what happens".

BF to the Fins would be a waste.. BF to the Jets would NOT be a waste.. THey become a VERY legit playoff threat with Bret Favre. They're team has a lot of talent at its core, but their QB play is horrific. Favre, even a decent Favre changes that.

I know its unpopular to say on a Bills board, but I think the jets overtake the Bills as a playoff contender if they land Favre.

Their OL is improved big time with Faneca and to a smaller degree, Woody.. Before people slam onto Woody, remember that ANY play is an improvement at RT over last year-- just like Walker was a find to us.

Thomas JOnes is an above average RB and will be even better if teams cant stuff 8 in the box against them.. And why people hate on the Jets receivers is beyond me; Coles and especially Crotchery at worst are above average; and they got TE's who can catch the ball, including a FIRST ROUND draft pick in Keller.

BF ends up in New York and they instantly become a team you have to deal with, period.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Teams go from losers to the playoffs every season; and the Jets seem like that kind of team to me right now, especially if they get a real QB.

Dont compare 2008 Favre to 2002 Favre.> Compare him to Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens. Is that not a massive upgrade?

ANd I already talked about the offense last post.. YOu dont think that defense is loaded with good talent with guys like Jenkins, GHolsten, Calvin Pace, David Harris (****ing monster) Reevis and Kerry RHodes??

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
              X