PDA

View Full Version : JP the interception machine.

Confused
08-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Geesh. this guy is throwing more picks than ever. And to think I was excited to know that japers would get the majority of the playing time in preseason and hopefully wouldnt stink up the joint. He needs to look good every chance he gets if he wants to A. get signed for decent pay, and B. actually play for the team that signs him.
CMON JP!!!!!!! Its like he's trying to save a spot on the roster for Youboty by getting himself cut.

Yasgur's Farm
08-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I'd be curious to see how many INT's have been thrown by all 3 QB's. Might show how pathetic that position is!

Tatonka
08-06-2008, 06:30 PM
what was there some kind of report that said he threw a bunch of picks today or something?

coastal
08-06-2008, 06:33 PM
what was there some kind of report that said he threw a bunch of picks today or something?I was wondering if the Redskins game started already?

yordad
08-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Its like he's trying to save a spot on the roster for Youboty by getting himself cut.I would not be 100% surprised. Seriously. I was going to speculate something like that myself. In fact I typed something to that effect a couple days ago, but couldn't bring myself to hit the enter button.

I am reserving any judgment until I actually see him play. Not that I think the Bills will actually give him many snaps in this game. They don't want him to do too much.

Confused
08-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I would not be 100% surprised. Seriously. I was going to speculate something like that myself. In fact I typed something to that effect a couple days ago, but couldn't bring myself to hit the enter button.

I am reserving any judgment until I actually see him play. Not that I think the Bills will actually give him many snaps in this game. They don't want him to do too much.
I dont know why he would do it, but Youboty has JPs number.

SABURZFAN
08-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I dont know why he would do it, but Youboty has JPs number.

everybody but Miami and Houston has had JP's number.

Confused
08-06-2008, 07:02 PM
yeah. He's not very dynamic, is he?

on a side note. I have seriously pissed off the Licker community. glad I could care less about rep.

lordofgun
08-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Isn't it just piling on at this point?

patmoran2006
08-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Ive heard from more than one person he's more-less bagged it in already. He has no future here in Buffalo, and he knows it.. He's cut off any talk with the media or PR stuff and will just bide his time until this year is over and he can walk away and be a FA.

Can't say I totally blame him.. ALthough I think he's a mental midget and sucks as a starting QB, he has been yanked and jerked around by this organization from day one.. I'm sure he was hoping and expected to be traded this offseason- he even said so publicly a time or two, but it didn't happen.

Frankly, I'm shocked we didn't trade or even release Losman since there is a ZERO percent chance he's here beyond 2008.. I really thought a vet backup like a Lemon was the move that would happen.

Confused
08-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Isn't it just piling on at this point?

the poop? or the case aganst JP?
I dont hate him. I think he's a gunslinger in a system not tuned for him. I wish him the best of luck.

patmoran2006
08-06-2008, 07:43 PM
He is what he is and I dont think it's the system.. Unless he goes to a team where its ok to consistently show stupidity, that being what the system is; I think he's almost already washed up in the NFL.

It happens to NFL first round QB draft picks sometimes.. It just does.. Anyone remember Heath Shuler or Rick Mirer? Ryan Leaf.. Tim Couch.. It just happens when a guy is mentally up to the challenge of the NFL.

He's got a million dollar arm and a 10 cent QB brain-- that won't change.

Confused
08-06-2008, 07:46 PM
no arguement. Like a stupid Favre. John Elway with Downs Syndrome. yeah. He may start again. I doubt it but he might.

Meathead
08-06-2008, 10:20 PM
im still going to hold onto the belief that jp will still become a moderately successful starting qb. id say its 70% likely he will become like a jeff blake or jeff garcia, and 30% likely he will become another rj

Ingtar33
08-07-2008, 02:33 AM
jeff blake was the definition of mediocre.

just good enough to start, just bad enough to not take you anywhere the team wasn't going anyway.

he'd give you 1 amazing game, 3 mediocre games and 2 terrible games, then just when you're ready to throw in the towel he'd have another amazing game.

i agree with you meathead... he'll probably start someplace, and likely frustrate the hell out of that teams fans like he did here, or like jeff blake did everywhere he went in his career.

trapezeus
08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
it is an interesting thought of a guy 1 year away from FA, just tanking it in the hopes he gets cut.

QB is a position in demand, and perhaps even in a backup capacity, he could make more in a different city if he got picked up by a team that is desperate.

That has a better chance of happening than where he goes during FA. 1. the worst teams will draft a QB and start fresh, 2. the best teams are fine, and the middle teams have a cadre of QB's they're sorting through. He may only have a few options at lower pay after the season. He could have the most to gain by getting cut now.

PECKERWOOD
08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
He is what he is and I dont think it's the system.. Unless he goes to a team where its ok to consistently show stupidity, that being what the system is; I think he's almost already washed up in the NFL.

It happens to NFL first round QB draft picks sometimes.. It just does.. Anyone remember Heath Shuler or Rick Mirer? Ryan Leaf.. Tim Couch.. It just happens when a guy is mentally up to the challenge of the NFL.

He's got a million dollar arm and a 10 cent QB brain-- that won't change.

He hasn't been injured nearly as much as those previous QB's you listed were.

RockStar36
08-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Just curious, this has nothing to do with him slamming his thumb on a helmet a few days ago, does it?

Confused
08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
him being not the sharpest peanut in the turd or the interceptions? lol.
It may have thrown off his accuracy.