PDA

View Full Version : TBN: Ko happy to be back playing with Bills

Mitchy moo
08-07-2008, 06:53 AM
PITTSFORD — There is melancholy in free safety Ko Simpson’s voice when he talks about last season. Season opener. First half. Season- ending injury. And, for a player still learning the nuances of the NFL game, it was difficult sitting and watching.
But with a new season about to begin, Simpson believes he is nearly fully recovered from breaking his fibula and tearing ligaments in his left ankle against the Denver Broncos on what was his first and only tackle of the season for the Buffalo Bills. He had a minor setback last week when he missed Thursday night’s practice with what was later revealed to be a bone bruise on top of the same ankle.
“It feels good, no complaints,” Simpson said Wednesday. “The injury from last year is good, no discomfort. The bone bruise is what I’m really trying to battle through right now. The injury [from last year] is good, as good as it’s going to get. I just have to fight through it.”
But the bone bruise did throw a slight scare into the third-year safety when he went for an MRI.
“I was like, ‘Aw man, I hope there isn’t something wrong with the [ankle] injury,’ ” he said. “But it was good.”
Bills coach Dick Jauron has been impressed with Simpson’s recovery and looks forward to seeing him play in the preseason opener against the Washington Redskins on Saturday.
“He’s done well,” Jauron said. “He’s come back, he’s worked hard. Now we’re going into an exhibition game where there’s full contact so we’ll learn a lot more.”
Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said Simpson has picked up where he left off two years ago when he finished with 92 tackles, two interceptions, five passes defended, one sack and one forced fumble as a rookie starter.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/408965.html (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/408965.html)

Luisito23
08-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Wow! I forgot what a great rookie year he had....I hope he gets right back into his old form!

Jan Reimers
08-07-2008, 07:07 AM
I think he'll be the type of playmaker that we really need at free safety.

OpIv37
08-07-2008, 07:37 AM
good news that it's a different injury this time around.