Would Take A Disaster To Not Make the Playoffs
    Jacksonville

The Other Likely Wild Card Playoff Contenders
    Tennessee
    Cleveland
    Buffalo
    NY Jets
    Denver

(Of those other likely wild card contenders, we play the jets twice and also play Cleveland (home) and Denver (road). The only one we don’t play is Tennessee.

Thoughts on the AFC right now? Any team not listed you think could be a sleeper this year? What a solid freegin conference.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: AFC Playoffs Breakdown

If Houston didn't play in the nightmare that is the AFC South, I think they could be on the verge as well.

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

I know Cincy seems like kind of a joke right now with all the issues they've had, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were in the wildcard race and played like they did a couple years ago.

Some people think the Ravens are going to turn it around and be a playoff contender again, but I don't.

I actually think Pittsburgh misses the playoffs too.

No matter what though, if the Bills can make the playoffs, they'll have earned it. No one's going to be backing in this year.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

you can pick holes in pretty much every team, but those that you listed are tough tough teams. even teams like Tenn and Denver, that I dont think are all that good, are right along the same lines as us. I would say head to head we now have an edge over Denver. Also, I see the Chiefs and Raiders much improved so they are going to have a tougher conference schedule this year.

As far as Tennesee, idk how they win games. They D-line is solid, as are thier LB's, but their secondary is nothing great and their offense is as diverse as Utah's population. VY is a terrible passer but a decent QB somehow. I see them as 7-9 or 8-8.

Cleveland is good on paper. Winslow is exactly the TE I would love to have. Hes like Shockey minus the mouth, and hes more athletic. It will remain to be seen whether Anderson is the real deal, but it appears so, and with the weapons he has at his disposal, i say they're legit playoff team.

The Jets just got quite a bit better, IMO. I bet Favre wins thier 3 games more than Pennington would have, or Clemens for that matter. Plus their offseason was great. I see the AFC East becoming one of the toughest conferences again within a year or two, if the Phins can build on the base Parcells has laid.

So, we need to win. A bunch. Its gonna be tough to squeeze in, especially with NE ahead of us.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
          • Jan 2008

the dolphins could be sleepers
          I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

I think if we lose both Jets games, Denver, AND Cleveland, we can pretty much be safe to think our little thoughts of playoffs aren't happening. It's been awhile since the Bills have had a chance to control their own destiny and win against who they need to win against to make the playoffs. If we split against the Jets but still lose against Denver and/or Cleveland, it's safe to say you'll be watchin Sabres, not Bills, in January.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Forget the season, skip right to the playoffs, Pat has spoken.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                Forget the season, skip right to the playoffs, Pat has spoken.
                Actually the thread is a question and a discussion, not a statement. Just because you have Dummy in your name, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t practice a little reading comprehension.

Why don’t you just sit back, chill and wait for Trent to have a few bad games so you can start your typical Bills QB sucks banter, and put your pretty little anti-trent numbers in your signature, like you did with JP and pretty much every QB we’ve had.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

All the teams are 0-0. What kind of tie breaker system did you use to breakdown the playoffs?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Why don’t you just sit back, chill and wait for Trent to have a few bad games so you can start your typical Bills QB sucks banter, and put your pretty little anti-trent numbers in your signature, like you did with JP and pretty much every QB we’ve had.
                    EVERY QB WE HAD SINCE KELLY RETIRED HAS SUCKED. If Trent sucks than I will criticize him for it.

It's OBVIOUS to EVERYONE that the Bills are going to go as far as the QB position takes them.

Your little playoff prediction doesn't mean crap. The Bears made the Super Bowl 2 years ago and missed the playoffs last year. There is NO guarantee the Pats, SD or any other team you think will make the playoffs, will make the playoffs.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Truthfully, I don’t think Miami will get to five wins this year. Maybe next year though.

If I had to pick a potential sleeper team not on the list I’d say the Bengals. They were God awful last year, but they have the potential to outscore a lot of teams, and the defense cant’ be any worse than it was last year.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

I'm not impressed with Tennessee, Pittsburgh, or Denver.

Like someone mentioned, we play a majority of those teams.

A split with the jets and taking one of two between Denver and Cleveland and I'd be happy.

I actually think we can win in Jacksonville in week 2.....at least be competitive.
                        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• cocamide
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by VeggieMan14
                          the dolphins could be sleepers
                          They slept all of last season. OK, that was a horrible joke.

Who the hell knows what's gonna happen? Everyone has NE and SD locked in the playoffs, but if Brady or LT go down for the year, they'll both be fighting to get above .500. Let's take off our Nostradamus hats and just enjoy the season.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by cocamide
                            They slept all of last season. OK, that was a horrible joke.

Who the hell knows what's gonna happen? Everyone has NE and SD locked in the playoffs, but if Brady or LT go down for the year, they'll both be fighting to get above .500. Let's take off our Nostradamus hats and just enjoy the season.
                            Because fans are armchair quarterbacks, and it's fun??

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                              Closet Bills Fan
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              All the teams are 0-0. What kind of tie breaker system did you use to breakdown the playoffs?
                              hmm if all tiebreakers procedures are exhausted..... lets hope they don't go by alphabetic lists for team name and nickname :-P

j-e-t-s
                              jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

Working...
                              X