PDA

View Full Version : Which FA Will Be The Biggest Factor this Season in the AFC East?

raphael120
08-07-2008, 10:16 AM
NE got Moss.

Jets got Favre.

Bills have Stroud.

Miami has Parcells.

Which big addition will help their team most? We know Moss helped out a lot, but what about this season? Will he be as good as he was last year?

Will Favre still have enough left in his tank and gel with the Jets offense to make a big impact?

Will having Parcells footprint on Miami be enough to put enough fight this season to make it interesting?

We all know about how big of a beast Stroud is, but is a single DT enough to offset the gains of the other teams in the AFC East?

njsue
08-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Marcus Stroud of course :snicker:

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 10:20 AM
it's Moss. But I wouldnt count him.

You should've said "new" free agent. Moss was resigned.

Mitchy moo
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Moss played in NE last season, so even though he was technically a FA he never really wanted to leave.

Stroud is going to smother all who come before him.

OpIv37
08-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Parcells.

Moss was already in NE and NE probably won't be quite as good as last year (don't get me wrong though- they're still by far the best in the division and probably the best in the AFC)

Stroud will help but not that much, and he'll look pretty human when he's sucking wind in the 4th cuz the O can't keep him off the field.

Favre will buy the Jets 2-3 wins. They will be in the playoff hunt, but that will be due to all their offseason acquisitions, not Favre alone.

But I think Parcells will have the biggest impact because if the Fish manage a miserable 4-12, that means he brought them 3 wins. In terms of additional tallies in the win column, Parcells will have the biggest impact.

raphael120
08-07-2008, 10:30 AM
either way I am asking which will make a bigger impact. I really think out if all the teams , the jets and new England have made the most gains in the paat offseason and ibwould be surprised if the bills are second in the divison.

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
NE lost a ton in the offseason by losing Samuels to Philly.

I think the most impact might be Faneca for the Jets. He is going to make the OL better, which makes the entire offense better..

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Parcells.

Moss was already in NE and NE probably won't be quite as good as last year (don't get me wrong though- they're still by far the best in the division and probably the best in the AFC)

Stroud will help but not that much, and he'll look pretty human when he's sucking wind in the 4th cuz the O can't keep him off the field.

Favre will buy the Jets 2-3 wins. They will be in the playoff hunt, but that will be due to all their offseason acquisitions, not Favre alone.

But I think Parcells will have the biggest impact because if the Fish manage a miserable 4-12, that means he brought them 3 wins. In terms of additional tallies in the win column, Parcells will have the biggest impact.
1 win to 4 isnt much of an impact, the team would still suck.

But I do see what you're saying, and I dont disagree with you. I just dont think it happens THIS year.. But Parcells will build them a winner in 2-3 years, that's what he does.

Bling
08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Any GM/Director of Player Operations is going to have the biggest impact, especially on a 1-15 team. There's no arguing it.

ParanoidAndroid
08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
How does a GM not have the greatest impact?

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I dont know.. Ask Marv levy.

We were below average before he got here, and we're pretty much the same now.

Good a good young nucleus but that could possibly be destroyed with Crowell, Evans and Peters in the next year.

OpIv37
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
1 win to 4 isnt much of an impact, the team would still suck.

But I do see what you're saying, and I dont disagree with you. I just dont think it happens THIS year.. But Parcells will build them a winner in 2-3 years, that's what he does.

I'm looking at it in terms of "most wins added by the move." And although I still think the Dolphins will suck, I think they'll get more wins directly related to the Parcells move than the other teams will directly related to their move.

Bling
08-07-2008, 12:40 PM

Does he count as a FA either? Brett Favre and Marcus Stroud were trades too, not free agents.

Bling
12-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Stroud in Buffalo?!?! Hate to say it, but I told you so... Parcells was the best FA.

patmoran2006
12-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah u got this one.

I thought Miami would win 4 games this year. LOL

X-Era
12-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Stroud in Buffalo?!?! Hate to say it, but I told you so... Parcells was the best FA.

You didnt hate to say anything number one

Number two, Parcells is worth more than anyone else on that list without even blinking. You weren't the amazing Kreskin here.