PDA

View Full Version : How Will We Get To 10 Wins

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 10:45 AM
This is the way I see it, just MY personal opinion.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
To get to the playoffs, it takes at least 10 wins, especially in this conference.<o:p></o:p>
I’m going to off the assumption we go 3-3 in our division. In all probability, that would entail:
- Sweeping <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
- Being swept by <st1:place w:st="on">New England</st1:place><o:p></o:p>
- Splitting with the Jets
(I don’t need comments from Fins fans about how they’ll beat us, or from Bills fans saying we will sweep the Jets, just my relatively logical opinions here)<o:p></o:p>
We play three games outside our division that IMO are the toughest.<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on">Seattle</st1:City>, @ <st1:City w:st="on">Jacksonville</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Diego</st1:place></st1:City> (who I think is better than NE this year)<o:p></o:p>
I think that at worse we must win one of these three games, certainly attainable for a playoff team as two of the three are at home. That would put us 1-2 against them, and 4-5 through the first two phases.<o:p></o:p>
We play five non-division teams that most consider the weak part of our schedule:
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Oakland</st1:City></st1:place><o:p></o:p>
@ Rams<o:p></o:p>
@ Arizona<o:p></o:p>
@ KC<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Francisco</st1:place></st1:City>.<o:p></o:p>
I think that to get to 10 wins, we MUST win no less than four of these five games. The teams seem weaker on paper now, but <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> isn’t a proven road team, and three of these five are on the road. I look at the Rams as a sleeper this year. Getting four out of five here would put us at 8-6 through the first three phases.<o:p></o:p>
That leaves us two wins short of getting to ten, with only two games to go.. For that reason, and I think these are two teams we likely contend for a playoff birth with, I consider these games the most critical of the season.<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> (Mon Nite- Week 11)<o:p></o:p>
@ Denver (Week 16)<o:p></o:p>
We MUST win those two games IMO to get to 10-6 and have a decent chance to make the playoffs. IT would also give us a tiebreaker over them in a two-way tie and I don’t think either one of those teams gets to 11 wins.<o:p></o:p>
Again, Im sure the schedule won’t go exactly this way. I’m saying in general this is the most logical way I see us getting to 10 wins this year.<o:p></o:p>

djjimkelly
08-07-2008, 10:48 AM
6 wins. thats what we are getting this year.

i said it a couple months ago

im more sold on it this morning

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 10:52 AM
This isn’t a prediction thread.. I was trying to demonstrate how I think things needs to go for us to get to 10 wins.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
But you got my curiosity. If we’re only going 6-10.. Who are the 10 teams that are beating us this year?<o:p></o:p>

TacklingDummy
08-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Who are the 10 teams that are beating us this year?
Jets 2
Miami
NE 2
SD
Jags
Seattle

And the Bills will lose 2 maybe even 4 of these games, unless you think the Bills are going to be road warriors this year. All these teams have good running games. The Bills major weakness last year.

Browns (last year might have been a fluke)
@Denver
Oakland
@ Rams
@ Arizona (too much offense for Bills crap D, plus long trip to Arizona)
@ KC
San Francisco.

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
You lost any credibility with me when you just called the called the Bills a "Crap D".. Seriously.

TacklingDummy
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
You lost any credibility with me when you just called the called the Bills a "Crap D".. Seriously.

31st ranked, sorry its crap until proven otherwise.

DrGraves
08-07-2008, 11:08 AM
things are not headed in the right direction, the jets have heavily improved this off season in faneca, jenkins, favre, gholston, and IMO are a better team than us. with peters out and trent struggling. we could be in big time trouble.

Kenny
08-07-2008, 11:18 AM
It's in Trent's hands now. This team will live or die depending on his play.

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 11:22 AM
It's in Trent's hands now. This team will live or die depending on his play. He needs his left tackle.

raphael120
08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
We added Stroud, Kawika, Hardy and McKelvin. McKelvin is being outplayed by a 5th round pick in Corner. Hardy is having trouble getting off the line of scrimmage...these things are troubling but also expected because they are just rookies

SquishDaFish
08-07-2008, 11:24 AM
It was crap based mainly on injuries TD. Grow up

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 11:35 AM
31st ranked, sorry its crap until proven otherwise.
And the Ravens had a Top 5 defense and didn't do ****. Rankings are deceiving.

They get Poz and Simpson back, and they added two big components in Stroud and Mitchell. They also got Crowell who I'm sure is extra "hungry" in a contract year, since the Bills will obviously do what they do best, let their best players play out their deals and then let them walk into FA and say goodnight.

Jan Reimers
08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
We were 7-9 last year against a tougher schedule. We lost 2 horrendously managed games in the final second. We lost 2 more in horrible weather conditions. We had 19 players on IR, an unstable QB situation, and a rookie RB. Our O line was virtually brand new. Our OC had all the imagination of a stump. Our run defense was abominable.

With the return of several injured players and some key FA signings, our D should be vastly improved. Our QB and RB have a year of experience, we have a couple of promising rookie receivers, our 2nd year TE is catching the ball well, we have a smash mouth FB, and an OC who just might do a better job of playcalling. Especially if Peters comes back, the offense could be improved.

It's entirely possible to win 10 games, or more.

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 11:45 AM
We were 7-9 last year against a tougher schedule. We lost 2 horrendously managed games in the final second. We lost 2 more in horrible weather conditions. We had 19 players on IR, an unstable QB situation, and a rookie RB. Our O line was virtually brand new. Our OC had all the imagination of a stump. Our run defense was abominable.

With the return of several injured players and some key FA signings, our D should be vastly improved. Our QB and RB have a year of experience, we have a couple of promising rookie receivers, our 2nd year TE is catching the ball well, we have a smash mouth FB, and an OC who just might do a better job of playcalling. Especially if Peters comes back, the offense could be improved.

It's entirely possible to win 10 games, or more.
never said it wasnt. In fact, I was stating on my opinion on what I think we need to do to get there

Pinkerton Security
08-07-2008, 12:07 PM
things are not headed in the right direction, the jets have heavily improved this off season in faneca, jenkins, favre, gholston, and IMO are a better team than us. with peters out and trent struggling. we could be in big time trouble.

oh no. the jets got better. that means we're in BIG TIME TROUBLE.

so did we. and we beat them twice last year.

just like our D is crap until proven, how can the jets be suddenly a dominant force? everything remains to be seen.

trapezeus
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Pat, i like your thinking. I disagree with some stuff, but i realize this is how you feel the bills get to 10-6.

I think the season rests on those first two games. i don't think they even have to win them, but they have to be in them, and the team as a whole has to feel like everyone is contributing. for the last few years, it's been all on the defense. you can tell the defense gets fed up that the o simply can't get it done. if the bills play two complete games and squeak out a win in either, i think they play well and win against oakland, stlouis and Arizona.

At that point, the 2008 season moves with no response to the 2007 season and its hard to know what the other teams are doing. but i like our chances if the whole team rises up this year. not just defense and a struggling offense.

ScottLawrence
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Predicting the NFL is probably the hardest sport to predict.

It seems every year new teams emerge and previous champs falter(except the Patriots and Colts).

I think this team is capable of 10 wins based on their schedule.

I'm sure one of the teams we see as an easy win will emerge as a very solid team during the season, and one of the teams we see as a tough game will look like a cake walk in the midst of the year.

I do think its Important we at least go 3-3 in the division however.

TacklingDummy
08-07-2008, 01:06 PM

Actually it was the 6th ranked. Rankings are deceiving, how in the heck did the Bills manage to win 7 games last year with the 30th ranked Offense and 31st ranked Defense?

Oh that's right, they beat scrubs.

TacklingDummy
08-07-2008, 01:08 PM
It was crap based mainly on injuries TD.

Really? What injuried player would have made that much of a difference?

raphael120
08-07-2008, 01:24 PM

They get Poz and Simpson back, and they added two big components in Stroud and Mitchell. They also got Crowell who I'm sure is extra "hungry" in a contract year, since the Bills will obviously do what they do best, let their best players play out their deals and then let them walk into FA and say goodnight.

The Ravens had a top 5 D and couldn't score on offense.

The Bills will be lucky to have a top 10 D. And we all know we probably wont be much better on offense either,

Ebenezer
08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
August 7 and the pessimists abound.

feelthepain
08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Really? What injuried player would have made that much of a difference?

...crickets chirping.

OpIv37
08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
August 7 and the realists abound.

fixed