• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

How Will We Get To 10 Wins

This is the way I see it, just MY personal opinion.

To get to the playoffs, it takes at least 10 wins, especially in this conference.

I’m going to off the assumption we go 3-3 in our division. In all probability, that would entail:
    - Sweeping Miami

- Being swept by New England
    - Splitting with the Jets
    (I don’t need comments from Fins fans about how they’ll beat us, or from Bills fans saying we will sweep the Jets, just my relatively logical opinions here)

We play three games outside our division that IMO are the toughest.
    Seattle, @ Jacksonville and San Diego (who I think is better than NE this year)
    I think that at worse we must win one of these three games, certainly attainable for a playoff team as two of the three are at home. That would put us 1-2 against them, and 4-5 through the first two phases.

We play five non-division teams that most consider the weak part of our schedule:
    Oakland

@ Rams
    @ Arizona
    @ KC
    San Francisco.

I think that to get to 10 wins, we MUST win no less than four of these five games. The teams seem weaker on paper now, but Buffalo isn’t a proven road team, and three of these five are on the road. I look at the Rams as a sleeper this year. Getting four out of five here would put us at 8-6 through the first three phases.

That leaves us two wins short of getting to ten, with only two games to go.. For that reason, and I think these are two teams we likely contend for a playoff birth with, I consider these games the most critical of the season.
    Cleveland (Mon Nite- Week 11)
    @ Denver (Week 16)

We MUST win those two games IMO to get to 10-6 and have a decent chance to make the playoffs. IT would also give us a tiebreaker over them in a two-way tie and I don’t think either one of those teams gets to 11 wins.

Again, Im sure the schedule won’t go exactly this way. I’m saying in general this is the most logical way I see us getting to 10 wins this year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: How Will We Get To 10 Wins

6 wins. thats what we are getting this year.

i said it a couple months ago

im more sold on it this morning

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

This isn’t a prediction thread.. I was trying to demonstrate how I think things needs to go for us to get to 10 wins.

But you got my curiosity. If we’re only going 6-10.. Who are the 10 teams that are beating us this year?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Who are the 10 teams that are beating us this year?
        Jets 2
        Miami
        NE 2
        SD
        Jags
        Seattle

And the Bills will lose 2 maybe even 4 of these games, unless you think the Bills are going to be road warriors this year. All these teams have good running games. The Bills major weakness last year.

Browns (last year might have been a fluke)
        @Denver
        Oakland
        @ Rams
        @ Arizona (too much offense for Bills crap D, plus long trip to Arizona)
        @ KC
        San Francisco.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

You lost any credibility with me when you just called the called the Bills a "Crap D".. Seriously.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            You lost any credibility with me when you just called the called the Bills a "Crap D".. Seriously.
            31st ranked, sorry its crap until proven otherwise.

Comment

• DrGraves
              • Mar 2008

things are not headed in the right direction, the jets have heavily improved this off season in faneca, jenkins, favre, gholston, and IMO are a better team than us. with peters out and trent struggling. we could be in big time trouble.

Comment

• Kenny
                • Aug 2004

It's in Trent's hands now. This team will live or die depending on his play.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kenny
                  It's in Trent's hands now. This team will live or die depending on his play.
                  He needs his left tackle.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

We added Stroud, Kawika, Hardy and McKelvin. McKelvin is being outplayed by a 5th round pick in Corner. Hardy is having trouble getting off the line of scrimmage...these things are troubling but also expected because they are just rookies

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

It was crap based mainly on injuries TD. Grow up

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        31st ranked, sorry its crap until proven otherwise.
                        And the Ravens had a Top 5 defense and didn't do ****. Rankings are deceiving.

They get Poz and Simpson back, and they added two big components in Stroud and Mitchell. They also got Crowell who I'm sure is extra "hungry" in a contract year, since the Bills will obviously do what they do best, let their best players play out their deals and then let them walk into FA and say goodnight.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

We were 7-9 last year against a tougher schedule. We lost 2 horrendously managed games in the final second. We lost 2 more in horrible weather conditions. We had 19 players on IR, an unstable QB situation, and a rookie RB. Our O line was virtually brand new. Our OC had all the imagination of a stump. Our run defense was abominable.

With the return of several injured players and some key FA signings, our D should be vastly improved. Our QB and RB have a year of experience, we have a couple of promising rookie receivers, our 2nd year TE is catching the ball well, we have a smash mouth FB, and an OC who just might do a better job of playcalling. Especially if Peters comes back, the offense could be improved.

It's entirely possible to win 10 games, or more.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            We were 7-9 last year against a tougher schedule. We lost 2 horrendously managed games in the final second. We lost 2 more in horrible weather conditions. We had 19 players on IR, an unstable QB situation, and a rookie RB. Our O line was virtually brand new. Our OC had all the imagination of a stump. Our run defense was abominable.

With the return of several injured players and some key FA signings, our D should be vastly improved. Our QB and RB have a year of experience, we have a couple of promising rookie receivers, our 2nd year TE is catching the ball well, we have a smash mouth FB, and an OC who just might do a better job of playcalling. Especially if Peters comes back, the offense could be improved.

It's entirely possible to win 10 games, or more.
                            never said it wasnt. In fact, I was stating on my opinion on what I think we need to do to get there

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DrGraves
                              things are not headed in the right direction, the jets have heavily improved this off season in faneca, jenkins, favre, gholston, and IMO are a better team than us. with peters out and trent struggling. we could be in big time trouble.
                              oh no. the jets got better. that means we're in BIG TIME TROUBLE.

so did we. and we beat them twice last year.

just like our D is crap until proven, how can the jets be suddenly a dominant force? everything remains to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X