PDA

View Full Version : Where does Chad End Up? Buffalo?

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 11:20 AM
WIth Chad about to get released, where do you think he ends up?

Obviously, it isn't going to be Buffalo unless we were to cut/trade Losman. I'd like some thoughts on that.

I got him pegged for three teams.. Minnesota or Chicago if he wants a chance to start.. if he ends up having to take a backup role, I think it's clearly New England.

SquishDaFish
08-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Vikings

njsue
08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Probably Miami since Bill Parcells drafted him.

Buffatexas
08-07-2008, 11:26 AM
I am more concerned about the market for JP now. With Pennington now an FA, if a QB goes down in camp, would Pennington be the easy fix or is Losman that much better (potentially?) than Pennington to warrant trading for JP?

But to answer your question, I cant see NE rolling the dice on Chad, at least not at this time. They seem to be high on their 3rd stringer over Cassells so signing Chad would only serve as a detriment. They dont need inside info on the Jets as they probably still have the videotapes :)

I cant see him starting in Minny. They are too high on Jackson. Chicago is definately a possibility as is the Panthers if DelHomme does not return to form.

OpIv37
08-07-2008, 11:26 AM
dear lord I hope he doesn't end up here.

Crisis
08-07-2008, 11:30 AM
that would be HILARIOUS if he went to Miami...

oh man that would make my week

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
that would be HILARIOUS if he went to Miami...

oh man that would make my week
Why, if nothing else he's better than what they have now.

raphael120
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Pennington or JP....hmmm....can we use that bag of hockey pucks analogy in football?

Crisis
08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Why, if nothing else he's better than what they have now.

i'd say hes what they have now in about 6 years.

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
I am more concerned about the market for JP now. With Pennington now an FA, if a QB goes down in camp, would Pennington be the easy fix or is Losman that much better (potentially?) than Pennington to warrant trading for JP?

But to answer your question, I cant see NE rolling the dice on Chad, at least not at this time. They seem to be high on their 3rd stringer over Cassells so signing Chad would only serve as a detriment. They dont need inside info on the Jets as they probably still have the videotapes :)

I cant see him starting in Minny. They are too high on Jackson. Chicago is definately a possibility as is the Panthers if DelHomme does not return to form.
I honestly dont think there was a market for Losman to begin with.. I'd bet Buffalo explored trading him when he said he wanted out this offseason.. and I definitely don't think they'd trade him this late into the summer.

The only scenario I could see if his thumb gets any worse; that may facilitate the need for the Bills to get a good backup.

Ickybaluky
08-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Personally, I would love if NE brought in Pennington. I always felt the guy was underrated as a QB. Granted, his lack of arm strength limits the field somewhat, as he struggles with throws outside the numbers.

However, you can win with the guy. He is a great game manager, accurate on his throws and has great timing on his passes. If he had a stronger arm he would be a superstar, but as it is he is a reliable QB you can win with, and what more would you want in a backup?

Buffatexas
08-07-2008, 11:42 AM
I honestly dont think there was a market for Losman to begin with.. I'd bet Buffalo explored trading him when he said he wanted out this offseason.. and I definitely don't think they'd trade him this late into the summer.

The only scenario I could see if his thumb gets any worse; that may facilitate the need for the Bills to get a good backup.

If a starter went down, i think there could have been a market for Losman. despite his downfalls, I think he can still be a serviceable QB and maybe a 1 year transition QB to some teams that have a youngster in the wings. Like Dilfer with the Ravens

Ickybaluky
08-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Parcells has already reached out to his agent, according to this article:

LINK (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2008/08/07/source_dolphins_inquire_about.html)

He'd probably be a starter in Miami.

Bling
08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I would love for him to come to Miami. Cut John Beck! The guy simply wins games. I don't give a crap about how he floats the ball, he's pinpoint accurate, and gives this team the best chance to win. He'll also provide a veteran to help Henne. I think Pennigton could also cut down on Henne's gunslinger mentality.

trapezeus
08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
wonder if the bucs have interest in pennington. pennington could probably do better in a dome stadium and warm weather than say chicago.

But last year, his arm looked the weakest it's every been. He literally had no zip on the ball and t he DB's just salivated everytime he threw that out pattern.

Losman still has more upside to Pennington since pennington's two surgery's have left him completely weak armed. Losman's value is much lower than pennington's though. Why? Pennington is credited as a smart QB with little talent. if you were desperate and needed an Emergency QB, i'd take the guy who could learn the plays in a few days over the guy who has never been able to grasp a system. If it was April May, Losman has the higher value because you could argue that you can reach him.

DrGraves
08-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Duh. we won't even resign our own best player. No way we go after Chad.

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Duh. we won't even resign our own best player. No way we go after Chad.dont say resign.. say "redo". The board will get nuts

Bling
The only problem is he wouldn't be able to help Ginn's numbers at all. He'd love a big target like Wilford and Hagan, his first WR's over 6 EVER. He could also have Fasano put up big numbers.

DrGraves
With that being said, I hope our focus is on signing our own guys.

Mr. Pink
08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Retired.

At least that's what Chad should do.

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I would love for him to come to Miami. Cut John Beck! The guy simply wins games. I don't give a crap about how he floats the ball, he's pinpoint accurate, and gives this team the best chance to win. He'll also provide a veteran to help Henne. I think Pennigton could also cut down on Henne's gunslinger mentality.
Cut your second round savior already??? Wow.

Ebenezer
08-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I am more concerned about the market for JP now.

Market for JP?? Favre was just traded for a conditional 4th round pick. There is no market for JP. He is worthless.

Buffatexas
08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Market for JP?? Favre was just traded for a conditional 4th round pick. There is no market for JP. He is worthless.
I think there would be for a team who loses their starter in preseason and does not have a servicable backup

Ebenezer
08-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I think there would be for a team who loses their starter in preseason and does not have a servicable backup
And the compensation would be what? Yeah, I'll take a 7th but that might be all you get. The Favre trade set the market.

justasportsfan
08-07-2008, 02:08 PM
good. I'm sure Lee and the others would rather have JP as the back up in case Trent goes down.

mysticsoto
08-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Uhhh...cut it out Parcells...stop making the Dolphins a better team!!!

Source: Dolphins inquire about Pennington (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2008/08/07/source_dolphins_inquire_about.html)

With Brett Favre now a New York Jet, Chad Pennington is now available to the man who drafted him in 2000.

Bill Parcells and the Dolphins haven’t wasted any time reaching out to Pennington’s agent (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/08/07/0807pennington.html), Tom Condon, an NFL source said.

To make room for Favre and his $12-million contract, Pennington, 32, will officially be released at 4 p.m.

Given the Dolphins situation at quarterback during training camp, Pennington could land in South Florida.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2008/08/07/source_dolphins_inquire_about.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins