PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre/Every team improved

Bling
08-07-2008, 11:48 AM
See what I mean. You get Marcus Stroud, the Jets fix their most glaring need with a Pro Bowl QB.

Do you believe Stroud is going to impact your team more than Brett Favre to the Jets?

Buffatexas
08-07-2008, 11:52 AM
I think Stroud is going to "impact" Favre.

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 11:53 AM
dont think a qb and dt should be compared

Bling
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
dont think a qb and dt should be compared

Exactly what I'm getting at. You think "Oh a year older, and we got Marcus Stroud = playoffs." How about Alan Fanacea, Brett Favre, Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace for an offseason? Kris Jenkins will probably have a bigger impact than Stroud.

Buffatexas
08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Exactly what I'm getting at. You think "Oh a year older, and we got Marcus Stroud = playoffs." How about Alan Fanacea, Brett Favre, Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace for an offseason? Kris Jenkins will probably have a bigger impact than Stroud.

Ask the Redskins about how well bringing in a boatload of FA's worked for them.

BlackMetalNinja
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
A QB is clearly going to have more impact on a team than a DT... that's about as much of a no brainer as you're going to get.

Bling
08-07-2008, 12:05 PM

This isn't the preliminary excuse thread. :up:

Buffatexas
08-07-2008, 12:14 PM

Just saying......

The excuse will be there no matter what. If the jets flounder, it will be because, not enough time to gel, no chemistry, blah blah blah....basically everything the Skins fans have been saying when they were in their "bring everybody in" mode.

I do think the Jets have improved and I dont think that anyone can honestly say that they haven't. How much the siginings will impact the team is the biggest question and as of right now, I think 8-8 is a good expectation for them to hit. If they gel and develop chemistry quickly, well, even 10-6 is not out of the question. But it will not be solely because of Favre. With the additions to the OL and Defense, I think even Pennington/Clemons could have gotten this team to 7-9 or 8-8

mybills
08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
:rofl:

raphael120
08-07-2008, 12:27 PM
As good as Stroud is, he's not going to score TD's for us.

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Or you can ask the Patriots, who've also brought a boatload in themselves.

BuffaloBills28
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Exactly what I'm getting at. You think "Oh a year older, and we got Marcus Stroud = playoffs." How about Alan Fanacea, Brett Favre, Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace for an offseason? Kris Jenkins will probably have a bigger impact than Stroud.In a 3-4 defense i doubt it!

Buffatexas
08-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Or you can ask the Patriots, who've also brought a boatload in themselves.

But they did not bring them in to rebuild their team from the shambles. They brought in the right guys to complement not to supplement.

Pioli is a master in that department and I hate to say that just for the record.

yordad
08-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Exactly what I'm getting at. You think "Oh a year older, and we got Marcus Stroud = playoffs." How about Alan Fanacea, Brett Favre, Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace for an offseason? Kris Jenkins will probably have a bigger impact than Stroud.Um... no. Isn't this a smack zone thread? If this was a layup, I would swat it and say "GET DAT CRAP OUTTA HERE!"

:clump: