• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

This is Peters pension eligibility year, he has to report by August 8th

The players get a killer pension package after enough time in the league and it's really dumb to risk not having that behind you either way.
    Last edited by Mitchy moo; 08-07-2008, 03:10 PM.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: This is Peters pension eligibility year

If you are under contract you need to report to camp prior to 30 days before the first NFL regular season game or the year does not count towards as a year accrued towards free agency and years of service. I wouldn't be surprised if that includes pension as well.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
      • Sep 2003

Correct. In fact Aug 8 (tomorrow) is that deadline.

PTR
      10 Commandments of the D
      1. Never stop Rocking.
      2. Legalize all drugs.
      3. Quit your day job.
      4. All Religion should be taxed.
      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
      6. F**k her gently.
      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Patti120
        • Aug 2004

Re: This is Peters pension eligibility year, he has to report by August 8th

I hope he shows up then! because if he doesn't then he might be serious about sitting the entire year!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
          Correct. In fact Aug 8 (tomorrow) is that deadline.

PTR
          Updated via your knowledge, thanks PTR. Always good to see you here!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
            Peters has to report to camp by august 8th (tomorrow) or he loses out on his pension eligibility for playing this season. Wow, he is really dropping the ball if he misses out on that as well. The players get a killer pension package after enough time in the league and it's really dumb to risk not having that behind you either way.
            Sucks to be him. He isn't just ignoring the Bills he is also ignoring his teammates. Ball's in his court. It sucks to have a single digit wonderlic score and just follow your agent blindly down a dark alley.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

a guy who has already made millions needs a pension...?

and he is holding out for a 50+ mil deal which will trump any pension.

So I seriously doubt Peters is worried about his pension status.
              Last edited by ddaryl; 08-07-2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                a guy who has already made millions needs a pension...

So seriously doubt Peters is worried about his pension status.
                You never know how things turn out and having something there for you if times do get rough is always a plus.

Comment

• Patti120
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  a guy who has already made millions needs a pension...

So seriously doubt Peters is worried about his pension status.

Good point! Damnit!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Ok, so what is the week 10 deadline for?

I'm confused.

Plus if this is true, wouldn't he get his pension eligibility next year anyways if he reported on time?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

I'm confused.

Plus if this is true, wouldn't he get his pension eligibility next year anyways if he reported on time?
                      As of this minute, there is nothing that says he plays another down in the NFL. It's obvious that there is a stalemate and both sides are losing, which is sad.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patti120
                        Good point! Damnit!!
                        he probably doesn't care about the pension since the world is ending soon.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                          As of this minute, there is nothing that says he plays another down in the NFL. It's obvious that there is a stalemate and both sides are losing, which is sad.
                          I'm sorry. Although I do believe that contracts can be renegotiated I do not see both sides causing the stalemate. Peters has a contract. He has voluntarily cut off all communication between himself and the team AND his teammates. It's all his fault at this point. He has a contract. He can ask that that contract be renegotiated but he hasn't even attempted to show that he is any where near playing shape. This is all his doing.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

I'm confused.

He would qualify the next season he played.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              I'm sorry. Although I do believe that contracts can be renegotiated I do not see both sides causing the stalemate. Peters has a contract. He has voluntarily cut off all communication between himself and the team AND his teammates. It's all his fault at this point. He has a contract. He can ask that that contract be renegotiated but he hasn't even attempted to show that he is any where near playing shape. This is all his doing.
                              The Bills could of set this up that he was going to get a raise based on a similiar performance this season and gave him a bonus to commesurate with what other top LT are getting paid. He is underpaid and deserves to get a raise, though not necessary everything instantly but soon. Making a player feel welcome works as well as not telling them to pound sand. I think the Bills leaned a little more towards the pound sand side, how about you?

Comment

Working...
                              X