PDA

View Full Version : DB's Year Long 7 Round Bills Mock

DraftBoy
08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Im bored today so lets get this thing rolling!!

Bills Draft:
1. TE Jermaine Gresham-Oklahoma
2. LB Aaron Curry-Wake Forest
3. OC Alex Mack-California
4. SS Patrick Chung-Oregon
5. DE Nick Reed-Oregon
6. WR Tiquan Underwood-Rutgers
7. QB Nate Davis-Ball State

Dolphins Draft:
1. WR Michael Crabtree-Texas Tech*
2a. DT Jeff Owens-UGA
2b. CB Alphonso Smith-Wake Forest
3. OLB Anthony Heygood-Purdue
4. FS Rashad Johnson-Alabama
5. WR Mohammed Massaquoi-Georgia
6. OT Lydon Murtha-Nebraska
7. TE Brandon Ledbetter-Western Michigan

Let's see yours!!

As some of you know, I also do some work at Thephins.com with them for draft stuff so I also have produced a 7 Round draft for them as well!

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Not bad for a team drafting 32nd in each round!

DraftBoy
08-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Not bad for a team drafting 32nd in each round!

I got us about 14th actually...

hydro
08-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I got us about 14th actually...

How much will that change after we win against the Redskins saturday? :snicker:

DraftBoy
08-07-2008, 03:34 PM
How much will that change after we win against the Redskins saturday? :snicker:

Probably to around 10

patmoran2006
08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
I dont know **** about any 2009 prospects yet, but there better be a few first and/or second round centers coming out.

I will bet money that's priority number one next year.

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I dont know **** about any 2009 prospects yet, but there better be a few first and/or second round centers coming out.

Or they could sign one in FA.

DraftBoy
08-07-2008, 03:49 PM

Well I do and there wont be, so lets just kill your dream right now.

SABURZFAN
08-08-2008, 09:01 AM
i don't see the Bills getting Mack in the 3rd round.

mysticsoto
08-08-2008, 09:16 AM
1. QB Cullen Harper - I didn't believe it before, but I feel it's our weakest position now.

2. WR Aaron Kelly - Up to now, Lee Evans has not been resigned. He may want to test the waters and be asking for something unreasonable. If we lose him Hardy moves to #1 and we'd need a #2 again...another tall receiver like Hardy would be superb!

3. C - Alex Mack - Time to groom Fowler's replacement. He doesn't have many years left. NOTE: I didn't even look closely to your list and just saw that we picked this one at the same time. ;)

4. DE - Dexter Davis - Don't know how Chris Ellis will turn out, but it can't hurt to get another prospect here. Until we get another Bruce Smith, we gotta keep trying.

5. OT/OG Scott Burley - versatile Olineman like the Bills tend to like. This may allow us to get rid of Preston.

6. S - Trimane Goddard - backup.

7. DT Terrill Byrd - undersized, but quick.

mysticsoto
08-08-2008, 09:20 AM
And I picked 2 of your sleepers also (without looking). :dance:

Dr. Lecter
08-08-2008, 09:21 AM
You two make an entire mock draft, agreeing one time and now you match up like this!

How cute!

Devin
08-08-2008, 09:25 AM
1. Tyson Jackson, DE - LSU
2. Brandon Pettigrew, TE - OSU
3. Alex Mack, C - California
4. Tyrone McKenzie, OLB - South Florida
5. Nick Reed, DE - Oregon
6. Tiquan Underwood, WR - Rutgers
7. Nate Davis, QB - Ball State

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 09:56 AM
i don't see the Bills getting Mack in the 3rd round.

Right now Mack is a 2nd-3rd Round prospect imo. He's not dominant center like a Mangold.

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
1. QB Cullen Harper - I didn't believe it before, but I feel it's our weakest position now.

2. WR Aaron Kelly - Up to now, Lee Evans has not been resigned. He may want to test the waters and be asking for something unreasonable. If we lose him Hardy moves to #1 and we'd need a #2 again...another tall receiver like Hardy would be superb!

3. C - Alex Mack - Time to groom Fowler's replacement. He doesn't have many years left. NOTE: I didn't even look closely to your list and just saw that we picked this one at the same time. ;)

4. DE - Dexter Davis - Don't know how Chris Ellis will turn out, but it can't hurt to get another prospect here. Until we get another Bruce Smith, we gotta keep trying.

5. OT/OG Scott Burley - versatile Olineman like the Bills tend to like. This may allow us to get rid of Preston.

6. S - Trimane Goddard - backup.

7. DT Terrill Byrd - undersized, but quick.

Harper though?? I don't see it...Id prefer a guy like Lefevour if he leaves or Stafford if we are high enough, though I do agree with you about it being a need position.

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
1. Tyson Jackson, DE - LSU
2. Brandon Pettigrew, TE - OSU
3. Alex Mack, C - California
4. Tyrone McKenzie, OLB - South Florida
5. Nick Reed, DE - Oregon
6. Tiquan Underwood, WR - Rutgers
7. Nate Davis, QB - Ball State

Two DE's??

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
And I picked 2 of your sleepers also (without looking). :dance:

You are obviously a very smart, and educated person...

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
You two make an entire mock draft, agreeing one time and now you match up like this!

How cute!

Where is your 7 Round mock??

Devin
08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Two DE's??

Feel free to rely on Kelsay, Denney and ummm copeland bryan or whatever other scrub we have back there.

I was tempted to take 3. One of them would bound to stick.

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Feel free to rely on Kelsay, Denney and ummm copeland bryan or whatever other scrub we have back there.

Fair enough...so you are going to go with a good pass rush to over compensate for holes at S?

Devin
08-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Fair enough...so you are going to go with a good pass rush to over compensate for holes at S?

Yes.

I feel the same as I always have, until our front 7 is vastly improved other places will suffer. Its not the other way around, you dont get a Safety or CB and suddenly your pass rush is better.

Ive often said that if our DL is improved it will improve other positions by default.

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Yes.

I feel the same as I always have, until our front 7 is vastly improved other places will suffer. Its not the other way around, you dont get a Safety or CB and suddenly your pass rush is better.

Ive often said that if our DL is improved it will improve other positions by default.

Good point, I still feel like we need a playmaker like Chung back there at SS or FS to really control the deep center field area. But without a pass rush thats pretty much pointless, imo.

Devin
08-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Good point, I still feel like we need a playmaker like Chung back there at SS or FS to really control the deep center field area. But without a pass rush thats pretty much pointless, imo.

I dont argue that, we do need that.

I guess imo it just coems down to whats higher on the priority list. A guy like Jackson imo would put that DL together and give us a good final 2 seasons or so with Schobel/Stroud and could really be a nice compliment for the future with McCargo.

Plus it might finally mean the end of our horrific experiment at LDE.

mysticsoto
08-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Harper though?? I don't see it...Id prefer a guy like Lefevour if he leaves or Stafford if we are high enough, though I do agree with you about it being a need position.

I tried to stick to Seniors only, even if it were likely a junior might declare next year...

Dr. Lecter
08-08-2008, 10:11 AM

I was tempted to take 3. One of them would bound to stick.

I am waiting to see how much Mitchell, Stroud and Johnson help the pass rush before it is declared dead. Two years, the pass rush was pretty good. I really see TE, C and S as more likely to be bigger needs (depending on Simpson).

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I am waiting to see how much Mitchell, Stroud and Johnson help the pass rush before it is declared dead. Two years, the pass rush was pretty good. I really see TE, C and S as more likely to be bigger needs (depending on Simpson).

S is a need at maybe SS and FS. Whitner is a good guy and hard worker but if he doesn't start making more plays we have to look for an improvement. Maybe moving him to CB is a better option (which I suggested years ago).

Dr. Lecter
In addition, taking two like that is giving up on Ellis pretty quickly.

DraftBoy
I tried to stick to Seniors only, even if it were likely a junior might declare next year...

Gotcha, Senior QB class is kind of lack luster imo.

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
In addition, taking two like that is giving up on Ellis pretty quickly.

While it is very early Ellis has given little reason to be hopeful so far. Granted I am by no means calling him a bust, but I still think he was taken a round or two higher than he should of and he has failed to impress anybody in TC. Hopefully it clicks for him.

Mr. Pink
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
1. Taylor Mays S - biggest need at D
2. Alex Mack C - no way he last into round 3
3. Vance Walker DT - I'm thinking McCargo might never pan out unfortunately
4. Pannell Egboh DE - blah to Denney and Kelsay
5. Chase Daniel QB - longterm prospect or eventual backup
6. Marko Mitchell WR - depth, decent size 6-4 195
7. Colt David K - competition for Lindell, good K in college

clumping platelets
08-09-2008, 05:36 AM
I dont know ****.

Can I quote you? :ontome:

clumping platelets
08-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Where's the RB at in your mock DB? Bills always draft a RB :shakeno:

DraftBoy
08-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Where's the RB at in your mock DB? Bills always draft a RB :shakeno:

Comp picks... :respect:

DraftBoy
08-09-2008, 10:23 AM
1. Taylor Mays S - biggest need at D
2. Alex Mack C - no way he last into round 3
3. Vance Walker DT - I'm thinking McCargo might never pan out unfortunately
4. Pannell Egboh DE - blah to Denney and Kelsay
5. Chase Daniel QB - longterm prospect or eventual backup
6. Marko Mitchell WR - depth, decent size 6-4 195
7. Colt David K - competition for Lindell, good K in college

Mays...:puke:

He's not even the best safety on his team...Other than that a pretty good mock though I dont like Daniel. Mitchell would be a steal in the 6th!!

coastal
08-09-2008, 07:53 PM
1. Aaron Curry, OLB Wake Forest
2. Curtis Painter, QB Purdue
3. Pannel Egboh, DE Stanford
4. Eric Wood, C Lousiville
5. Garrett Reynolds, OT N. Carolina
6. John Phillips, TE Virginia
7. Terrill Byrd, DT Cincinnati

DraftBoy
08-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Not a big fan of Painter to be honest. He doesn't really excel at anything all that well but he also really doesn't struggle with anything either.

I'd prefer a lot of other guys at QB. Mostly Jrs though.

TigerJ
08-10-2008, 08:41 PM

I've heard as many as 4 centers could be drafted higher than the highest center drafted in the 2008 draft, Mack being one of them. His claim to fame is incredible flexibility for a very big man.

DraftBoy
08-11-2008, 01:55 PM
1. TE Jermaine Gresham
2. DE Maurice Evans
3. OC Alex Mack
4. QB Tyler Lorenzen
5. LB Michael Tauiliili
6. WR Marko Mitchell
7. OG Jeff Byers

hydro
08-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Uh oh... A QB moved up our board :ill:

DraftBoy
08-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Uh oh... A QB moved up our board :ill:

Way up if enough Jrs declare...

clumping platelets
08-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Comp picks... :respect:

We have none coming :(

DraftBoy
08-11-2008, 02:53 PM
We have none coming :(

We were told that last year too.

clumping platelets
08-11-2008, 05:02 PM
We were told that last year too.

By who? I was saying a mid rd pick all season long

Who did we lose? Nobody really. We added Mitchell, S. Johnson, and James

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 08:55 PM
:movie:

DraftBoy
08-11-2008, 10:12 PM
By who? I was saying a mid rd pick all season long

Who did we lose? Nobody really. We added Mitchell, S. Johnson, and James

That would be Mr. Jim Overdorf and one Chris Brown...

X-Era
08-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Im bored today so lets get this thing rolling!!

Bills Draft:
2. LB Aaron Curry-Wake Forest
3. OC Alex Mack-California
4. SS Patrick Chung-Oregon
5. DE Nick Reed-Oregon
6. WR Tiquan Underwood-Rutgers
7. QB Nate Davis-Ball State

Dolphins Draft:
1. WR Michael Crabtree-Texas Tech*
2a. DT Jeff Owens-UGA
2b. CB Alphonso Smith-Wake Forest
3. OLB Anthony Heygood-Purdue
4. FS Rashad Johnson-Alabama
5. WR Mohammed Massaquoi-Georgia
6. OT Lydon Murtha-Nebraska
7. TE Brandon Ledbetter-Western Michigan

Let's see yours!!

As some of you know, I also do some work at Thephins.com with them for draft stuff so I also have produced a 7 Round draft for them as well!

Your top 3 are needs for sure. I cant honestly take guesses yet, I havent seen enough to form a real opinion.

TE- I honestly think this is a top need, maybe even our highest need
OC- I want a true C, id prefer an upgrade by FA, but considering that we resigned a just-OK Butler, I think seeing us spend big money on a C is unlikely. So then I would like to see us draft one to push Fowler
LB- I would like to see solid LB's behind our starters and Crowell may leave. If Crow leaves, I think this becomes our highest need.
FS- Im not sure were sold on Ko just yet. If an Ed Reed type can be had, I could see us pulling the trigger.

The biggest question mark is Jason Peters. If he permanently severs his relationship with the Bills, they may part ways somehow and then LT becomes critical.

X-Era
08-12-2008, 06:26 AM

Ill take that bet. I think LB, TE, and maybe LT could be in the mix.

mysticsoto
08-16-2008, 05:10 PM
I guess I'll change my mock slightly now. I'm more confident in Trent Edwards than I was after the 1st preseason game. He looked terrible in camp and against the Redskins, but against Pittsburgh, he showed that he does have the ability to learn and improve - and I love his decision making ability...so I won't place emphasis on QB - especially b'cse I also see us placing Baker on the PS and him fighting for 2nd string next year.

So here's my updated mock:

1. DT Fili Moala - Stroud will be great for us, and yes, we took McCargo to develop, but Stroud's time with us will be limited, and I don't think anyone can argue that without Stroud, our Dline will suck big time. We need to groom his replacement and right away and grabbing someone in the higher rounds is not going to replace Stroud. We need a mammoth with incredible strength and Moala is 6'5, 305 lbs just coming out of his junior year. He can easily put on some more muscle in the pros!!!

2. WR Aaron Kelly - Whether Evans signs or not, having tall WRs on the roster will quickly elevate our red zone offense! For some reason, I don't believe that Reed will be with us for an extreme amt of time - especially if Hardy develops. We could have Evans, Hardy and Kelly in when it's redzone time...good luck on defending that trio alongside Lynch and/or Fred Jackson also!

3. C - Max Unger - I no longer think Alex Mack is going to be available. There's always teams that jump the gun on taking top Olinemen really early and some team out there will reach and grab Mack in the 2nd...Unger is actually more versatile than Mack (can play other positions on the line) and you know how Bills love versatility in their Olinemen!

4. DE - Jamaal Westerman - Decent prospect to push Ellis next year.

5. OT - Troy Kropog - Though Demetrious Bell looks pretty good as a future development for Tackle, it doesn't hurt to have one on the PS developing for the future.

6. S - Trimane Goddard - backup to get rid of Bryan Scott or if Cox develops and plays STs well, place Goddard in the PS for future.

7. QB - Chris Pizzoti - just to have someone on the PS developing after Baker fights for 2nd/3rd string. Pizotti is going to Harvard, so he must have a brain. And at 6'5", he is a nice, tall presence.

Undrafted:

OLB - Kevin Akins - speedy linebacker to develop. A little small weightwise (224 lbs) but at 6'2" - he has the frame to get larger.

TE - Davon Drew - Large TE prospect to develop (6'4", 260 lbs).

OG - Tyronne Green - short, but massive Guard (6'2", 309 lbs).

PECKERWOOD
08-16-2008, 06:15 PM

I think we could draft OL the first three rounds in a row to tell you the truth.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2008, 02:24 PM
DB Its been a month since you've posted a mock...well I haven't posted one in over a month too...

When's the next one due up?

DraftBoy
09-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Monday lll post a new one and my first 1 Round Mock Draft!

Mr. Pink
09-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Monday lll post a new one and my first 1 Round Mock Draft!

YaY!

I'll see what I can do for Monday as well, so you can ***** more about guys I pick!

:up:

DraftBoy
09-13-2008, 02:45 PM
YaY!

I'll see what I can do for Monday as well, so you can ***** more about guys I pick!

:up:

*****ing is my fortay.

Confused
09-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Given crowell's status, who would you take DB? Cushing? Malegua(sp?)? or Laureniatus?
Cushing is perfect but will go early( unless we suck...lol...).

DraftBoy
09-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Given crowell's status, who would you take DB? Cushing? Malegua(sp?)? or Laureniatus?
Cushing is perfect but will go early( unless we suck...lol...).

No, No, and No

Rey and James will go to early and we don't need an MLB unless we move Poz outside. I dont like Cushing as a prospect at all, I think he is more a benefit of the players around him. I like Aaron Curry as an OLB prospect.

methos4ever
09-13-2008, 04:42 PM
That would be Mr. Jim Overdorf and one Chris Brown...
No one's perfect y'know...and if we were better, we'd be doing the job!

:drama:

DraftBoy
09-13-2008, 04:48 PM
No one's perfect y'know...and if we were better, we'd be doing the job!

:drama:

Not exactly,the NFL is still very much a good ol boys network, its more about who you know then what you know in some cases.

Oh and about something like comp picks then these guys shouldnt be wrong.

DraftBoy
09-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Quickie for tonight while my mind is working on it;
1. DE Tyson Jackson-LSU
2. LB Anthony Heygood-Purdue
3. WR Kenny McKinnley-South Carolina
4. OC Jonathan Luigs-Arkansas
5. SS Patrick Chung-Oregon
6. TE Blake Ledbetter-Western Michigan
7. DT Jervonte Jackson-FAU

Seniors only from now till Juniors officially declare...Ill do another one officially tomorrow and a 1st Round Mock.

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I want a TE in round 1 dammit!

clumping platelets
09-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I want a TE dammit!

:limp:

clumping platelets
09-14-2008, 10:28 PM
I still stand by my claim: Bills will not qualify for comp picks in the 2009 draft

clumping platelets
09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
FA/Draft next year: C, TE, LB, Drew Willy, another versatile DL

DraftBoy
09-15-2008, 08:03 AM
If we draft Drew Willy I will bash that pick to hell and back. A very limited upside player who is extremely average in all facets of the game.Signing him as a UDFA is ok but he is nowhere near draftable.

hydro
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
If we draft Drew Willy I will bash that pick to hell and back. A very limited upside player who is extremely average in all facets of the game.Signing him as a UDFA is ok but he is nowhere near draftable.
How about bringing in Roosevelt whenever he declares?

kernowboy
09-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Using www.WalterFootball.com (http://www.WalterFootball.com) as a guide as to where players might go this is my mock.

He has us picking at No24 so playoffs but no championship game. I have put in brackets where WalterFootball has the player going.

R1/24. James Laurinaitis LB Ohio St (25)
Personally I think he could play any 3 of the LB positions as Mitchell has shown and with Angelo likely to be moving on, LB has become a priority. (WF has us taking Greg Hardy DE)

R2/56. Max Unger C/T Oregon (72)
I do like WF's suggestion of Karl Urbik but for me we need a C over a G with Fowler in his final year. Unger gives us an intellingent C plus someone with experience of LT to cover injuries or future disruption by Peters

R3/88. Tyson Jackson LE LSU (95)
The steal of the draft and replacement for Denney who can allow us to play some 3-4 if necessary. He falls as he is consider a bit of tweener like Adam Carriker a college end who moved inside.

R4 Todd Brandstater QB Fresno St
A big QB similar to Trent to replace the likely to depart Losman and provide depth and security. Boeckmann may slide to the 4th but I think he flunks too often in the big games

R5 Brian Maudeville TE Northeastern
A big 6ft6 TE for the QB. We could also consider John Phillips of Virginia, Dan Gronkowski of Maryland, Rory Nicol of Ohio St or even Andrew Quarless of Penn St if he can overcome his character issues

R6 Brock Bolen FB Louisville
An upgrade over Barnes

R7 Gerald Cadogan LT Penn ST
A team captain from a Big10 college.

We need some depth at OL as I cannot see Whittle lasting much longer. Our secondary, LB and defensive line positions don't require depth picks nor to the RB or WR corps.

I did think about a TE much earlier but I think Royal has two years left on his contract and I am keeping my eyes on Rob Gronkowsli of Arizona in R1 of 2010.

DraftBoy
09-15-2008, 03:30 PM
How in the world do you think Jackson will fall to Round 3?

kernowboy
09-16-2008, 04:32 PM
How in the world do you think Jackson will fall to Round 3?

I think WalterFootball placed more of a premium on SpeedRushers like Greg Hardy and Greg Middleton and with a lot of 3-4 team upgrading in free agencies and having other priorties, Jackson simply has slipped with teams having other needs.

Plus some teams aren't sure whether he has the speed outside in the pros or whether he'll need to move inside.

After all, consider the 2008 draft. Some drafts had Dan Connor in the 1st and he landed in the 3rd, Dre Moore in the 2nd who went in the 4th, Brohm in the 1st and he went at the bottom of the 2nd, and how many of the mock 1st round WRs actually went in the 1st round?

Devin
09-20-2008, 07:31 PM
DB said it lol.

Dont get me wrong Im not a homer who thinks he goes top 5 or anything but Tyson Jackson near the end of the 3rd round?

Not hardly.

clumping platelets
09-22-2008, 06:16 AM
DB: What's your opinion on C Alex Mack of Cal?

Confused
09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
No, No, and No

Rey and James will go to early and we don't need an MLB unless we move Poz outside. I dont like Cushing as a prospect at all, I think he is more a benefit of the players around him. I like Aaron Curry as an OLB prospect.

I just looked at your mock again, and a 1st round TE makes no sense in this draft class. We need a defensive end.

DraftBoy
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I just looked at your mock again, and a 1st round TE makes no sense in this draft class. We need a defensive end.

I dont disagree that DE is a clear need.

clumping platelets
09-24-2008, 02:40 AM
LB >> TE >> C >> DE

SABURZFAN
09-24-2008, 08:25 AM
*****ing is my fortay.

it's part of the requirements to become a Mod too. :up:

Dr. Lecter
09-24-2008, 08:28 AM
LB >> TE >> C >> DE

C > LB > TE > DE

Although I think C might be a FA target, and either LB or TE too. It all depends whom is available.

DraftBoy
09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
DE>TE>C>LB>#2QB>WR>OT>S>OG

Center can't and shouldnt be drafted in Rounds 1 and 2.

Dr. Lecter
09-24-2008, 08:54 AM
DE>TE>C>LB>#2QB>WR>OT>S>OG

I just can't see DE a greater need than LB with Ellison starting at LB, even if LB is not as important as DE in this system. OT will depend on whether or not Bell progresses.

And I generally agree that centers are not 1st round picks, but in terms of need it is probably #1 espcially with Fowler a FA.

'course you and I generally agree on the DE's anyway.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2008, 08:56 AM

i disagree.

DraftBoy
09-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I just can't see DE a greater need than LB with Ellison starting at LB, even if LB is not as important as DE in this system. OT will depend on whether or not Bell progresses.

And I generally agree that centers are not 1st round picks, but in terms of need it is probably #1 espcially with Fowler a FA.

'course you and I generally agree on the DE's anyway.

I disagree I think DE is our top need. Adding a complete DE to our lineup opposite Schoebel would give us one of the most dominant DL in all of football. A guy who can play the run and be good for 6-7 sacks a year and play downs 1st-3rd would be invaluable. We need a guy who will stay home and not rush 5-7 yards upfield every play. They guy needs an inside move not just speed moves.

LB is not as important to me in the C2 because the type of guys we need quick, fast and a little undersized can be found in rounds 3-4. While Id love a guy like Aaron Curry to fill in for Crowell that type of a player isn't needed. Where as its harder to find good DE's later on.

Even if Bell progresses that only gives us 4? If you want to count Chambers, adding a 4th OT to replace Chambers would be a good idea. We could really use this draft to secure our depth on the OL. As for OC, it is a big need but not as big to me as DE or secondary receiving threat at TE.

DraftBoy
09-24-2008, 09:16 AM
i disagree.

Fair enough but in the last 8 drafts only 5 OC's have gone in rounds 1 or 2. Of them only 2 have excelled and one is currently starting for Carolina.

07 2nd-Ryan Kalil
06 1st-Mangold
05 1st-Spencer
03 1st-Faine
01-2nd Raiola

Id put Mack and Luigis close to Kalil at this point but not on par with Spencer or Mangold. Neither are as dominant in college as Faine even was with the Irish.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Fair enough but in the last 8 drafts only 5 OC's have gone in rounds 1 or 2. Of them only 2 have excelled and one is currently starting for Carolina.

07 2nd-Ryan Kalil
06 1st-Mangold
05 1st-Spencer
03 1st-Faine
01-2nd Raiola

Id put Mack and Luigis close to Kalil at this point but not on par with Spencer or Mangold. Neither are as dominant in college as Faine even was with the Irish.

but if a team sees it as a team need, they're willing to overvalue a player to fill that need. unfortunately, you and i don't have scouts out there phoning us information either. :(

Dr. Lecter
09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
I disagree I think DE is our top need. Adding a complete DE to our lineup opposite Schoebel would give us one of the most dominant DL in all of football. A guy who can play the run and be good for 6-7 sacks a year and play downs 1st-3rd would be invaluable. We need a guy who will stay home and not rush 5-7 yards upfield every play. They guy needs an inside move not just speed moves.

LB is not as important to me in the C2 because the type of guys we need quick, fast and a little undersized can be found in rounds 3-4. While Id love a guy like Aaron Curry to fill in for Crowell that type of a player isn't needed. Where as its harder to find good DE's later on.

Even if Bell progresses that only gives us 4? If you want to count Chambers, adding a 4th OT to replace Chambers would be a good idea. We could really use this draft to secure our depth on the OL. As for OC, it is a big need but not as big to me as DE or secondary receiving threat at TE.

I think every team wants that in a DE and not many exist and usually are not available in the mid-late 1st round. And, since the Bills use a rotation, I am not sure they are looking for that guy. I do agree they could have a dominant line with him though.

And I agree that LB is not as important, they really have no depth (although Bowen was doing well hopefully he recovers) and Ellison is still a good depth - weak starter type of guy.

How many teams have more than 4 OTs? Not many. Although one in the later (or middle) rounds is always a good idea. But right now Chambers - as depth only - is passable and I see Bell replacing Walker in two years.

And who do you plan on the Bills starting at center next year?

DraftBoy
09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
but if a team sees it as a team need, they're willing to overvalue a player to fill that need. unfortunately, you and i don't have scouts out there phoning us information either. :(

Thats what a team is not supposed to do. Just because you have a need you shouldn't reach for lesser players just to fill it so you can say its filled. You take what you can get where and if there isn't a player worth it then you wait and you outwork every other GM to find that diamond in the rough.

DraftBoy
09-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I think every team wants that in a DE and not many exist and usually are not available in the mid-late 1st round. And, since the Bills use a rotation, I am not sure they are looking for that guy. I do agree they could have a dominant line with him though.

And I agree that LB is not as important, they really have no depth (although Bowen was doing well hopefully he recovers) and Ellison is still a good depth - weak starter type of guy.

How many teams have more than 4 OTs? Not many. Although one in the later (or middle) rounds is always a good idea. But right now Chambers - as depth only - is passable and I see Bell replacing Walker in two years.

And who do you plan on the Bills starting at center next year?

I think we should get away from our rotational system, not many teams run it and are successful with it that I can think of with a C2 defense. Maybe with a 3-4, but not sure about a C2.

We have a need to add 1 LB to this roster and likely a starter but I think we can find that kind of a guy in rounds 1-3 especially because we don't need the top flight athletic specimens for our system. Some names to look at would be; Anthony Heygood, Soloman Elimimian, DeAndre Levy (really like this guy), Zach Follet, and Willie Williams (I know, I know) are guys to look at for sure.

Im all for taking a new OT and dumping Chambers sorry ass, not advocating having 5 OT's. Names here would be Sean Sester, Garrett Reynolds, Eric VandenHueval, SirVincent Rogers, Jason Smith, Fenuki Tupou, Mike Brown.

I think we will target a FA OC to be next years starter but to be honest there is not much out there to target; http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=OL&y=2009

I think a guy like Antoine Caldwell, AQ Shipley, Eric Wood, or Jon Cooper could come in here and start from Day 1 and they wouldn't be picked till Round 5 or later. This years OC class is very deep.

Confused
09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
DE,TE,LB,C,no.2QB,WR,LB

X-Era
09-24-2008, 09:01 PM
I think we should get away from our rotational system, not many teams run it and are successful with it that I can think of with a C2 defense. Maybe with a 3-4, but not sure about a C2.

We have a need to add 1 LB to this roster and likely a starter but I think we can find that kind of a guy in rounds 1-3 especially because we don't need the top flight athletic specimens for our system. Some names to look at would be; Anthony Heygood, Soloman Elimimian, DeAndre Levy (really like this guy), Zach Follet, and Willie Williams (I know, I know) are guys to look at for sure.

Im all for taking a new OT and dumping Chambers sorry ass, not advocating having 5 OT's. Names here would be Sean Sester, Garrett Reynolds, Eric VandenHueval, SirVincent Rogers, Jason Smith, Fenuki Tupou, Mike Brown.

I think we will target a FA OC to be next years starter but to be honest there is not much out there to target; http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=OL&y=2009

I think a guy like Antoine Caldwell, AQ Shipley, Eric Wood, or Jon Cooper could come in here and start from Day 1 and they wouldn't be picked till Round 5 or later. This years OC class is very deep.

You did a marvelous job of skipping every bigger name LB when reffering to guys in the 1-3 rounds that we should look at... very Kiper-esque. Follett and Levy are the closest and neither looks to be even top 5 at their position.

DraftBoy
09-24-2008, 09:35 PM
You did a marvelous job of skipping every bigger name LB when reffering to guys in the 1-3 rounds that we should look at... very Kiper-esque. Follett and Levy are the closest and neither looks to be even top 5 at their position.

Heygood will probably go in Round 2 actually, the other will go later, probably between 4 and 6.

SABURZFAN
09-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Thats what a team is not supposed to do. Just because you have a need you shouldn't reach for lesser players just to fill it so you can say its filled. You take what you can get where and if there isn't a player worth it then you wait and you outwork every other GM to find that diamond in the rough.

that's true but teams do it anyways. besides, who is anybody to say that a team does reach for a lesser player? you know and i know that the draft is a crapshoot. there are times when a player appears to be a sure thing and once they get to the NFL, they aren't the player we thought they were.

DraftBoy
09-25-2008, 05:41 PM
that's true but teams do it anyways. besides, who is anybody to say that a team does reach for a lesser player? you know and i know that the draft is a crapshoot. there are times when a player appears to be a sure thing and once they get to the NFL, they aren't the player we thought they were.

No doubt we as a team have done is too often in the past for my liking and did it this past draft on guys like Fine, Corner, and Cox.

DraftBoy
10-30-2008, 09:27 PM
1. DE Hardy
2. S Chung
3. OC Antoine Caldwell, Alabama
4. LB Jason Phillips, TCU
5. TE Cornelius Ingram, Florida
6. FB Brannan Southerland, UGA
7. WR Eron Riley, Duke

eyedog
10-31-2008, 06:39 AM
I could live with that draft.
Not to big on taking a safety at #2, but they could move Whitner to fs.

BlackMetalNinja
10-31-2008, 06:59 AM
1. DE Hardy
2. S Chung
7. WR Eron Riley, Duke
The game I went to, Riley dropped 4 balls that were square in his hands. The few loyal Duke fans around me were cursing at him to no end.

DraftBoy
10-31-2008, 07:03 AM
The game I went to, Riley dropped 4 balls that were square in his hands. The few loyal Duke fans around me were cursing at him to no end.

Im aware of that criticism but he has good size, speed, and is not a bad pick for so late, there are any number of WR's I would have no issue with us taking there. Like I said earlier this is an insanely deep WR class. Riley was just one I picked.

gr8slayer
10-31-2008, 08:41 AM
1. DE Hardy
2. S Chung
7. WR Eron Riley, Duke
:bf1:

BlackMetalNinja
10-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Im aware of that criticism but he has good size, speed, and is not a bad pick for so late, there are any number of WR's I would have no issue with us taking there. Like I said earlier this is an insanely deep WR class. Riley was just one I picked.He definitely has the ability to get open... but that of course is no good if he can't hold on to the ball. I used to say the same about Josh Reed though too of course.

mysticsoto
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
1. DE Hardy
2. S Chung
7. WR Eron Riley, Duke

Not terrible. But I might consider a RG at #6 more than a FB...Whittle gets hurt every year and is getting older and Butler has not been dominating up to now. I liked some of our prospects last year like Nevin Caskill, but they weren't kept and we only have 1 lineman, Chris Denman on our PS and I believe he's a Tackle...he's also 25 and after the improvements Chambers showed and the promise of Bell, I almost see it as pointless to even have Denman on our PS. We should be trying to groom a guard instead...

X-Era
11-01-2008, 08:10 PM
1. DE Hardy
2. S Chung
7. WR Eron Riley, Duke
Not bad.

Id like:

1. Pettigrew- If we can find out hes not a character concern
2. Everette Brown
3. Tyrone McKenzie
4. Caldwell
5. Graham Harrell
6. Jasper Brinkley
7. DJ Boldin

X-Era
11-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Or how about:

1. Hardy
2. Alex Mack
3. Chase Coffman
4. Jason Phillips
5. Graham Harrell
6. Brinkley
7. Boldin

SABURZFAN
11-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Or how about:

1. Hardy
2. Alex Mack
3. Chase Coffman
4. Jason Phillips
5. Graham Harrell
6. Brinkley
7. Boldin

i don't think Mack makes it to the Bills in Round 2.

DraftBoy
11-02-2008, 01:07 PM
i don't think Mack makes it to the Bills in Round 2.

Brinley wont make it to Round 6 either and Boldin likely could be had as a UDFA.

X-Era
11-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Brinley wont make it to Round 6 either and Boldin likely could be had as a UDFA.
Your probably right on Brinkley but one can hope.

I wont be at all suprised if Boldin goes in the 6th or 7th.

Im suprised I didnt get a response on Harrell. I see him being a very similar QB to Edwards and therefore a good candidate to back him up. Ive never been fond of us having two QB;s that have such different styles. If the backup needs to come in all of the sudden, we have to completey trash our game plan? Or even worse try to get the backup to play under a not-so-compatible style?

DraftBoy
11-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Jesus where the hell do you start with this team at the moment...

Lets be optimistic this time around;
2. DE Everette Brown-FSU
3. WR Jaoquin Iglesias-Oklahoma
4. OC Antoine Caldwell-Alabama
5. LB Jason Phillips-TCU
6. FS Courtney Greene-Rutgers
7. QB Chase Holbrook-New Mexico State

X-Era
11-10-2008, 05:11 PM

2. DE Everette Brown-FSU
5. LB Jason Phillips-TCU

Id **** my pants if we had a draft that good!

Id try to move up from the 5th, 6th, and 7ths... no need for more backups, got plenty of those. Id also send a few later rounders from the 2010 draft tomove up, why not get better quicker?

eyedog
11-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Greene won't last until the 6th rd.
Need an olb and an o-lineman in those top-3 picks.
I like Phillips but he looks to be more of an inside lb.
I like the pass rusher on day -1

X-Era
11-10-2008, 05:22 PM

I look more at the players than the positions to be honest.

I like guys like Alex Mack, Luigs, Caldwell, and Robinson. I like the OT's but we dont need em IMO. Outside of that, Im not a huge fan of an OL in the 1st 3 rounds.

eyedog
11-10-2008, 05:29 PM
1. B. Orakpo, de- Texas
2. H. Johnson, og- LSU
3. M. Freeman, olb- Ohio St.
4. A. Caldwell, c- Alabama

DraftBoy
11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Id **** my pants if we had a draft that good!

Id try to move up from the 5th, 6th, and 7ths... no need for more backups, got plenty of those. Id also send a few later rounders from the 2010 draft tomove up, why not get better quicker?

Well first off nobody is going to trade you a 3rd Rounder for a bunch of 5th, 6th and 7ths. Plus guys like Phillips, Caldwell and Greene could all start for us from Day 1.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 05:38 PM
1. B. Orakpo, de- Texas
2. H. Johnson, og- LSU
3. M. Freeman, olb- Ohio St.
4. A. Caldwell, c- Alabama

I guess were moving up to the top 10 to get Orakpo, thats where he will probably go.

And then you must feel were fine at S. No, id swap a S for the OG and then Id agree. Id rather grab a G in day two since they will probably take 3 years to develop.

DraftBoy
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM

Ive heard some negatives on Greene recently especially since he got picked on against UNC and was beat at least twice in a rout at home.

I dont know that we need an OL before Round 4 if Caldwell, Luigis, or Shipley is there. I still have faith in both Dockery and Butler to be perfectly honest.

I think Phillips is a perfect C2 OLB.

Brown has been a nice player but his stock is rising quickly, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. It may push a guy like Hardy down to Round 2 which would be good for us, or it may move them both up to Round 1 and we get no premier pass rush guy. Though I do prefer Hardy to Brown.

DraftBoy
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I guess were moving up to the top 10 to get Orakpo, thats where he will probably go.

And then you must feel were fine at S. No, id swap a S for the OG and then Id agree. Id rather grab a G in day two since they will probably take 3 years to develop.

No way Orakpo goes top 10, maybe top 15 but likely top 20.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Well first off nobody is going to trade you a 3rd Rounder for a bunch of 5th, 6th and 7ths. Plus guys like Phillips, Caldwell and Greene could all start for us from Day 1.

I didnt say a 3rd. Id like more picks earlier.

How do players like Phillips, and Greene start and play better than what we have day one?

You know better than that.

DraftBoy
11-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I didnt say a 3rd. Id like more picks earlier.

How do players like Phillips, and Greene start and play better than what we have day one?

You know better than that.

Well Simpson blows pretty much and we dont have a real OLB outside of Mitchell so I think Greene who is a superior athlete to Simpson and can hit could beat him out and I think Phillips could hold out almost all of camp and still beat out Ellison.

X-Era
11-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Well Simpson blows pretty much and we dont have a real OLB outside of Mitchell so I think Greene who is a superior athlete to Simpson and can hit could beat him out and I think Phillips could hold out almost all of camp and still beat out Ellison.

But thats all we need to make the playoffs? This is the type of mentality that keeps us perpetually mediocre.

PECKERWOOD
11-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I'll take another shot at it:

Rd1.) Knowshom Moreno, RB ( Total difference maker at RB, plus it would prevent the Jets from picking him up. )
Rd2.) Jonathan Luigs, C ( With Alex Mack gone, Luigs is the obvious 2nd choice. )
Rd3.) Fili Moala, DE/DT ( This is the big run stuffing DE you guys were looking for. This guy could collapse pockets on the premiter, something we never have. )
Rd4.) Fenuki Tupou, OT ( Although he played Tackle for Oregon, I think he would make a terrific guard in the NFL, at 6'5 332lbs, Fenuki would give us some much needed depth and talent on the OL. )

New Ro's Greatest
11-13-2008, 11:33 AM

2. DE Everette Brown-FSU
5. LB Jason Phillips-TCU

Your crazy if you think my boy from NEW RO is going in the 6th! I would love for him to be a bill cause he is my friend but if so it would have to be earlier. GO BILLS:poop:

DraftBoy
11-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Your crazy if you think my boy from NEW RO is going in the 6th! I would love for him to be a bill cause he is my friend but if so it would have to be earlier. GO BILLS:poop:

He's had a bad bad bad year defensivel and some teams are questioning his ability to play S at the next level. I still like him as a FS but not before Round 4.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I haven't done one of these in AGES so here goes....and I'm sure DB will rip half of my choices and that's always FUN TIMES!

1. Alex Mack C - yes, I believe he's a mid to late first rounder at this point.
2. Peria Jerry DT Mississippi - quick undersized difference maker, fits the system and is a good talent
3. Marko Mitchell WR Nevada - Size is good, speed is good, our receivers after Evans? Not so good.
4. Travis Bright OG BYU - mauling run blocker...gee, are we missing one of those?
5. Clau Matthews Jr OLB USC - if he even lives up to half of his namesake, it's a steal.
6. Kory Sperry TE Colorado St - big size, good hands, good redzone option.
7. Larry English DE Northern Illinois - pass rusher who makes plays.

DraftBoy
11-14-2008, 12:04 PM
I haven't done one of these in AGES so here goes....and I'm sure DB will rip half of my choices and that's always FUN TIMES!

1. Alex Mack C - yes, I believe he's a mid to late first rounder at this point.
2. Peria Jerry DT Mississippi - quick undersized difference maker, fits the system and is a good talent
3. Marko Mitchell WR Nevada - Size is good, speed is good, our receivers after Evans? Not so good.
4. Travis Bright OG BYU - mauling run blocker...gee, are we missing one of those?
5. Clau Matthews Jr OLB USC - if he even lives up to half of his namesake, it's a steal.
6. Kory Sperry TE Colorado St - big size, good hands, good redzone option.
7. Larry English DE Northern Illinois - pass rusher who makes plays.

1. Do you want me to throw something at you?
2. Not bad but 2nd Round pick as a 4th DT?
3. Good pick, maybe can get him one round later but he's moving uo
4. Nice pick!
5. Don't know if he'll last this long and he's a little undersize, I like Phillips more because he is more athletic.
6. I have similar to a Rimersma type TE, good pick
7. Dont see him last this long or him playing DE, I think he goes stand up OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Seriously though do you want me to throw something at you...

:db:

New Ro's Greatest
11-14-2008, 12:47 PM
He's had a bad bad bad year defensivel and some teams are questioning his ability to play S at the next level. I still like him as a FS but not before Round 4.

Yeah the team was bad because my boy Ray-Ray(another New Ro homie) went to the ravens. Greene still did his thing. He is a big safety(6'2 210) that is a tackling machine. Even though Rutgers had a bad season you can't knock a 4 year starter that has lead the team in tackles 3 out of the 4 years he has been there. I would still love for him to be alongside Whitner though. GO BILLS:dance3:

New Ro's Greatest
11-14-2008, 01:03 PM
This is a quick Mock for ya:

1. Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss- This dude is a magnet when it comes down to finding the QB. I know he has that rode in his foot but he will be ready to go by next season.
Trade: We trade up to the early 2nd to get our future TE
2. Brandon Pettigrew TE Okla.ST- I dont care about that felony charge he had with that cop situation the boy is bad! We give up our 2nd and 3rd to get this monster. Great in pass catching and blocking. Royal have a nice life!
4. Antione Caldwell C Bama- Born leader! I'm a tide fan so i think the world of this guy. Captain of the #1 team in the country and would be a perfect captain to our overrated O-line.
5. Courtney Greene S Rutgers- I dont think he will last this long but if he did we better pick him! New Ro homie so you know i had to do this. Perfect to take KO position and actually drill people who try to ge the ball. Whit and Greene has the potential to be a great duo.
6. Chase Daniel QB Mizz- His size will put him in this round. If he was 6'3 he would be a 1st rounder. Great arm and he is accurate. A tough guy that would be a perfect back-up to trent.
7. Pat white QB/WR WV- BPA pick. You know he is not playing QB in the league. He is the size of steve johnson and can do everything on the field. A low-risk high-reward guy that we pick at the end that will make GM's wish they did it!

GO BILLS:dance3:

Mr. Pink
11-14-2008, 03:44 PM
1. Do you want me to throw something at you?
2. Not bad but 2nd Round pick as a 4th DT?
3. Good pick, maybe can get him one round later but he's moving uo
4. Nice pick!
5. Don't know if he'll last this long and he's a little undersize, I like Phillips more because he is more athletic.
6. I have similar to a Rimersma type TE, good pick
7. Dont see him last this long or him playing DE, I think he goes stand up OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Seriously though do you want me to throw something at you...

:db:

Why are you throwing stuff at me?

Alex Mack is gonna go in the first round, I guarantee it...and who needs a Center more than we do in this league? Absolutely no one. He's better than the last good Center came out who we should have took instead of McCargo. Getting Mack will go A LONG WAYS in helping our anemic rushing offense and pass protection.

Peria Jerry would be the 2nd or 3rd DT in rotation. No way he doesn't bypass one of Kyle Williams or Spencer Johnson if not both. He's not passing Stroud though, I know.

I had Mitchell lower in my last mock...his stock is rising. Might be available in Round 4 though.

Matthews Jr hasn't had much of the accolades and gets overlooked because of just how good the other USC LBers are. Yes, he's undersized. But he does have talent and the pedigree. You may be right though, he could go earlier just based on that pedigree. Like I said, if he's even half the player his father is, he's an absolute steal on day 2.

English is in a very small school and can get after the QB....most teams overlook small school prospects because of the talent they play against. It's possible that he doesn't get drafted at all to be honest. Yes, I know getting a more overall DE is what we really need, just don't see any ends worth taking earlier over the guys I have projected. Also, he may end up turning into a 3-4 situational pass rushing OLB...depends on who takes him.

Should I put Taylor Mays back into my mock? :rofl:

X-Era
11-15-2008, 09:41 AM
This is a quick Mock for ya:

1. Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss- This dude is a magnet when it comes down to finding the QB. I know he has that rode in his foot but he will be ready to go by next season.
Trade: We trade up to the early 2nd to get our future TE
2. Brandon Pettigrew TE Okla.ST- I dont care about that felony charge he had with that cop situation the boy is bad! We give up our 2nd and 3rd to get this monster. Great in pass catching and blocking. Royal have a nice life!
4. Antione Caldwell C Bama- Born leader! I'm a tide fan so i think the world of this guy. Captain of the #1 team in the country and would be a perfect captain to our overrated O-line.
5. Courtney Greene S Rutgers- I dont think he will last this long but if he did we better pick him! New Ro homie so you know i had to do this. Perfect to take KO position and actually drill people who try to ge the ball. Whit and Greene has the potential to be a great duo.
6. Chase Daniel QB Mizz- His size will put him in this round. If he was 6'3 he would be a 1st rounder. Great arm and he is accurate. A tough guy that would be a perfect back-up to trent.
7. Pat white QB/WR WV- BPA pick. You know he is not playing QB in the league. He is the size of steve johnson and can do everything on the field. A low-risk high-reward guy that we pick at the end that will make GM's wish they did it!

GO BILLS:dance3:

Thats what Im talking about!

Id also like:

1) Trade down
2a) Mack
2b) Pettigrew
3a) Brown
3b) McKenzie
4) Greene
5) Graham Harrell

SABURZFAN
11-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Why are you throwing stuff at me?

Alex Mack is gonna go in the first round, I guarantee it...

:movie:

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Let me say that I love Alex Mack but I'm not going to include him in this draft even though I hope we take him. Btw, I'm not informed enough to go through a full 7 round mock draft, ha! For what it is, I think this would be a decent draft for us.

1.) Knowshon Moreno, RB ( Who hasn't seen this guy on Sports Center by now? If you haven't, you live in a cave. )
2.) George Selvie, DE ( He's been getting doubled all year long, hasn't had the same production that he had last year but still has all the tools to be a dominant DE. )
3.) Josh McNeil, C ( Big ass center from Tennessee, that school always produces quality big guys. )
4.) Bear Pascoe, TE ( Big reciever at 6'6, he is a pretty solid threat at TE. I think he and Derek Fine would hold down the TE position quite well for us. )

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
1.) Brian Cushing, OLB, USC ( Crowell's Replacement. )
2.) Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU ( Would stop teams from constantly running off tackle against us. )
3.) Jonathan Luigs, C, Arkansas ( Bye, bye, Melvin. )
4.) Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon ( He's going to be a guard at the next level. )

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2008, 07:51 PM
lol, mock drafts never get old!

X-Era
11-16-2008, 08:12 AM
1.) Brian Cushing, OLB, USC ( Crowell's Replacement. )
2.) Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU ( Would stop teams from constantly running off tackle against us. )
3.) Jonathan Luigs, C, Arkansas ( Bye, bye, Melvin. )
4.) Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon ( He's going to be a guard at the next level. )

1) Cushing looked better last night, but he and Marcus Freeman are NOT worthy of the 1st round, 2nd round or beyond is where they should go.
2) Tyson Jackson can rush but hes not as good at it as Hardy or Everrette Brown, hes another one that may drop on draft day.
3) Luigs is OK but Cladwell is better IMO, Shipley is growing on me. I really Alex Fletcher in the 6th or 7th round as a backup for the C/G who has upside. It helps that he played with Trent at Stanford.

Theres a big drop after Aaron Curry at OLB. I thin the next level is guys like Weatherspoon, McKenzie, and yeah probably Cushing falls in there somewhere. I think DE is stronger at the top with guys like Johnson, Hardy, and Brown just a bit below Orakpo.

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I like the idea of a trade down, but I'm curious as to where we are going to be picking at in the draft? If we could trade down 10 spots or so to get an extra 2nd, I would be euphoric.

Rd1.) Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU ( I just really like this guy, he is a big man who can bull rush through blockers. )

Rd2a.) Chase Coffman, TE, Mizzou ( I've watched him on multiple ocassions over the last 2 years, he would be a nice target for Trent if the two could develope a relationship on the field. )

Rd2b.) Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon ( Ko Simpson is not the answer, he has been horrible all year. Patrick Chung will knock your pretty little head off your shoulders if you catch the ball in his territory. He would be a bargain here, I think his stock is going up. Plus, it would give our defense a new dimension because both Whitner and Chung are proficient at playing in the box, we could move one up, drop the other back, could give offenses alot of different looks to screw with the QB. )

Rd3.) Fili Moala, DE/DT, USC ( Whatever, say what you want about Chris Ellis but if he showed any signs of hope at all, don't you think he would be on the field playing for us? DE has been HORRIBLE for us the last 2 years. Fili Moala could come in and help right away. Plus, as good as Stroud has been for us, he has the tendancy to miss some games each year, Fili is great insurance and would go together with Williams well. )

Rd4.) Max Unger, C, Oregon ( Good pass protector, I think he would fit our scheme well and plus he would be a definite upgrade over Fowler. )

You guys know you'd be excited if you saw them suit up in a Bills uni each Sunday! Picture that draft plus one key free agent like, say, Terrell Suggs, anyone? :D

hydro
11-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Let me say that I love Alex Mack but I'm not going to include him in this draft even though I hope we take him. Btw, I'm not informed enough to go through a full 7 round mock draft, ha! For what it is, I think this would be a decent draft for us.

1.) Knowshon Moreno, RB ( Who hasn't seen this guy on Sports Center by now? If you haven't, you live in a cave. )
2.) George Selvie, DE ( He's been getting doubled all year long, hasn't had the same production that he had last year but still has all the tools to be a dominant DE. )
3.) Josh McNeil, C ( Big ass center from Tennessee, that school always produces quality big guys. )
4.) Bear Pascoe, TE ( Big reciever at 6'6, he is a pretty solid threat at TE. I think he and Derek Fine would hold down the TE position quite well for us. )

When you talk about drafting and include the fact that you have seen him on sportscenter a lot takes all credibility away from you.

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2008, 02:47 PM
When you talk about drafting and include the fact that you have seen him on sportscenter a lot takes all credibility away from you.

Not really, I'm not a draft scout and I'm not going to paint myself out to be one, if that's your gig, fine but I'm not proclaiming that I'm an expert but if it's any solace to you I've seen him play before. Umm, I do watch college football on Saturday's, do I record and break down college games, though? 100% absolutely, no way.

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Which is why I said that Madden and Youtube have killed people's football I.Q.

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Which is why I said that Madden and Youtube have killed people's football I.Q.

Ok, in some cases maybe, if you're a 13 year old kid and you see that Big Ben is rated 98 overall or something like that on Madden, you're going to argue that he is the next Joe Montana.... Realistically, what's wrong with saying that you've seen a guy on SportsCenter? Ok, I watch SportsCenter, does that make me a bad person or does that mean I have a small football IQ? We need to grow up a little bit here. Alot of GOOD football players have made it onto SportsCenters top 10 play countdown, it just means that he is getting nation wide media attention.

New Ro's Greatest
11-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Thats what Im talking about!

Id also like:

1) Trade down
2a) Mack
2b) Pettigrew
3a) Brown
3b) McKenzie
4) Greene
5) Graham Harrell

That is a good idea too! GO BILLS:D:

X-Era
11-20-2008, 03:36 PM
That is a good idea too! GO BILLS:D:

I just see 4 corp needs now:

OLB, DE, C, and TE.

I could also add in S

New Ro's Greatest
11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
I just see 4 corp needs now:

OLB, DE, C, and TE.

I could also add in S

If we could get Aaron Curry in the 1st i would so happy. GO BILLS:D:

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Ok, in some cases maybe, if you're a 13 year old kid and you see that Big Ben is rated 98 overall or something like that on Madden, you're going to argue that he is the next Joe Montana.... Realistically, what's wrong with saying that you've seen a guy on SportsCenter? Ok, I watch SportsCenter, does that make me a bad person or does that mean I have a small football IQ? We need to grow up a little bit here. Alot of GOOD football players have made it onto SportsCenters top 10 play countdown, it just means that he is getting nation wide media attention.
No, you can watch highlights all you want, you just won't have much credibility. I can find you highlight films of Mike Williams that would make you think he was Orlando Pace in the making.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 05:41 PM
No, you can watch highlights all you want, you just won't have much credibility. I can find you highlight films of Mike Williams that would make you think he was Orlando Pace in the making.

So even DB doesn't have much credibility? He posted some highlight reels although hesitantly, I'm sure he watched them. I don't look at anything he say's anything differently, his credibility isn't destroyed over a couple of highlight reels. The bottom line is, criticize my choices not my antics. Why didn't you like the players that I listed? Or are you just nitpicking to find a way to argue with me over previous altercations we've had?? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be able to spot talent, let's not over think ourselves. Can a guy play football or can't he? That's what it boils down to, most adolescents can even spot good players from bad ones.

gr8slayer
11-20-2008, 05:52 PM
So even DB doesn't have much credibility? He posted some highlight reels although hesitantly, I'm sure he watched them. I don't look at anything he say's anything differently, his credibility isn't destroyed over a couple of highlight reels. The bottom line is, criticize my choices not my antics. Why didn't you like the players that I listed? Or are you just nitpicking to find a way to argue with me over previous altercations we've had?? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be able to spot talent, let's not over think ourselves. Can a guy play football or can't he? That's what it boils down to, most adolescents can even spot good players from bad ones.
Trust me, DB watches as many college games as most NFL scouts do on a weekly basis.

PECKERWOOD
11-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Trust me, DB watches as many college games as most NFL scouts do on a weekly basis.

Yah, but because he posted a couple highlight reels he is no longer credible? It was a sarcastic remark to make a point, ofcourse I'll still turn my ear to DB to hear what he has to say. Btw, how come you skip over my draft and don't comment on why you don't like the players that I picked? Maybe I can get an in depth draft analaysis from someone so informed and a future scout, such as yourself?

X-Era
11-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Yah, but because he posted a couple highlight reels he is no longer credible? It was a sarcastic remark to make a point, ofcourse I'll still turn my ear to DB to hear what he has to say. Btw, how come you skip over my draft and don't comment on why you don't like the players that I picked? Maybe I can get an in depth draft analaysis from someone so informed and a future scout, such as yourself?

Can we get this BF vs. Gr8 part forked? MOD's?

The point of this thread was to discuss the draft throughout the year.

Many, like me, have been using it to capture thoughts on players week to week.

DraftBoy
11-21-2008, 07:31 AM
I just want to know how I got dragged into this? All I did was post what was asked for and Ill be putting more up this weekend too.

gr8slayer
11-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Can we get this BF vs. Gr8 part forked? MOD's?

The point of this thread was to discuss the draft throughout the year.

Many, like me, have been using it to capture thoughts on players week to week.
:baby:

PECKERWOOD
11-21-2008, 04:15 PM
I just want to know how I got dragged into this? All I did was post what was asked for and Ill be putting more up this weekend too.

Yah, that was my entire point. You're a credible person but yet I'm sure you've still seen atleast some highlight reels at one point or another, right? I just don't think it's fair to say somebody loses all credibility over watching a few highlights, I think that it's part of the fun. If you lose credibility from watching highlights then 99.9% of BZ's opinion is worthless.

Plus, EE, everything is cleared up between me and gr8slayer, so no worries there. Also, let me know what you think of my last draft, I liked that one the best! I'm also a fan of Matt Shaughnessy the DE from Wisconsin in the 2nd round. Unlike everybody else here, I don't think we'll have a shot at Hardy, he will most likely be long gone by the time we pick.

DraftBoy
11-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Yah, that was my entire point. You're a credible person but yet I'm sure you've still seen atleast some highlight reels at one point or another, right? I just don't think it's fair to say somebody loses all credibility over watching a few highlights, I think that it's part of the fun. If you lose credibility from watching highlights then 99.9% of BZ's opinion is worthless.

Plus, EE, everything is cleared up between me and gr8slayer, so no worries there. Also, let me know what you think of my last draft, I liked that one the best! I'm also a fan of Matt Shaughnessy the DE from Wisconsin in the 2nd round. Unlike everybody else here, I don't think we'll have a shot at Hardy, he will most likely be long gone by the time we pick.

Have I watched highlight reels? Well yes of course, what do you think Sportscenter essentially is. But would I ever base even .00000001% of my opinion off of them? Never in a million years. Highlight reals are good for making a player look better than he is and accentuating his strongest attributes. They tell you nothing tangible about what a player may do at the next level or if he even has the skills to play. They are merely entertainment tools. That being said, Im posting them because I was asked to.

gr8slayer
11-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Have I watched highlight reels? Well yes of course, what do you think Sportscenter essentially is. But would I ever base even .00000001% of my opinion off of them? Never in a million years. Highlight reals are good for making a player look better than he is and accentuating his strongest attributes. They tell you nothing tangible about what a player may do at the next level or if he even has the skills to play. They are merely entertainment tools. That being said, Im posting them because I was asked to.
Bingo

X-Era
11-22-2008, 03:12 PM

Well, as much as I like Moreno, I just dont think we should go that route so early.

Selvie I like a lot. Hes on of my favorites at DE. I like him better than Jackson, but not as much as Hardy or Everrette Brown. Thats a good pick. Id really like Curry in the 1st but he may not fall enough.

McNeil? Id prefer Mack, Caldwell, Shipley, or Wood. I really like Alex Fletcher as a late rounder.

Pascoe? My favorite is Gresham, then Pettigrew, the guys like Jared Cook, Beckum, Hill, Coffman.

Id prefer:

1) Curry
2) Selvie
3) Caldwell
4) Hill

Theres several other guys I like alot.

If we could somehow end up with Herman Johnson, what a great pick that would be.

Evander Hood is a very very good prospect

I also like David Bruton.

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2008, 09:23 PM

Exactly, but nobody should take offense to somebody saying that you've seen this guy on SportsCenter ALL the time! That's my whole comment, I didn't base my whole opinion off of one clip! That's where I'm getting annoyed because I feel like I'm being misinterpreted. I guess what I'm saying is, who the hell doesn't watch SportsCenter to get some of their sports news? Sometimes I've seen a player on SportsCenter and the next time I see his team play I watch that person because I remember seeing him on the show.