PDA

View Full Version : Story of the week!! Wait til you hear this one!!

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I debated if I should post this or not. I have some firends at OBD but this is not from them which makes it even funnier.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY, GOD AS MY WITNESS!!!!

My brother-in-law is in Maine this week and saw a guy at the restaurat who had a Bills jacket on. He approached the guy and said "are you form Buffalo"?

The guy turned around at it was Mr. Wilson which kind of startled my brother.

So they proceed to talk about Buffalo and the Bills, his wife was there as well, and you can't believe what he said:

1) Mr. Wilson directly said " I don't think we have that good of a team" and "I hope the fans expectations aren't too high.

2) Loves Buffalo but really thinks it's going down hill because of all of the people we are losing.

3) His wife said she loved Buffalo, and the people, and thought Trent looked good refrencing the 20 pounds he put on.

4) Ralph asked my brother-in-law if they get NFL Network in the part of Maine they are staying at? He's obviously going to be watching it on TV, if he can get it!!

My brother-in-law is a writer and was totally pissed that he didin't ask him about the Peters hold out.

djjimkelly
08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I debated if I should post this or not. I have some firends at OBD but this is not from them which makes it even funnier.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY, GOD AS MY WITNESS!!!!

My brother-in-law is in Maine this week and saw a guy at the restaurat who had a Bills jacket on. He approached the guy and said "are you form Buffalo"?

The guy turned around at it was Mr. Wilson which kind of startled my brother.

So they proceed to talk about Buffalo and the Bills, his wife was there as well, and you can't believe what he said:

1) Mr. Wilson directly said " I don't think we have that good of a team" and "I hope the fans expectations aren't too high.

2) Loves Buffalo but really thinks it's going down hill because of all of the people we are losing.

3) His wife said she loved Buffalo, and the people, and thought Trent looked good refrencing the 20 pounds he put on.

4) Ralph asked my brother-in-law if they get NFL Network in the part of Maine they are staying at? He's obviously going to be watching it on TV, if he can get it!!

My brother-in-law is a writer and was totally pissed that he didin't ask him about the Peters hold out.

if this is true at least ralph knows we dont have a good team maybe he isnt senile

Night Train
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
:whistling

Devin
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Well thats a comforting conversation.

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2008, 09:35 AM
If he even took the time the look Buffalo is not losing population and is at flat growth currently.

OpIv37
08-08-2008, 09:36 AM

this is the part that is tough to believe. Obviously I can understand why Ralph would feel that way, but I have a hard time believing he would admit it.

mybills
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
This is not true. I was not in Maine.

trapezeus
08-08-2008, 09:47 AM
i can't believe the BIL wouldn't ask about Peters. I also have a hard time believing Wilson saying outloud, "not so good, lower your expectations." who is he? Darcy Reiger?

mybills
08-08-2008, 09:49 AM
I bet it was his look alike in town for a contest.

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2008, 09:50 AM
I also cannot believe he would say that he doesn't think the team is very good.

zone
08-08-2008, 10:00 AM
lets see the pictures to prove it. Don't tell me he didn't get a picture with at least a camera phone.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 10:02 AM
this is the part that is tough to believe. Obviously I can understand why Ralph would feel that way, but I have a hard time believing he would admit it.

The guy is in Mooselodge Maine.

Trust me when I tell you that this is 100% accurate.

My brother-in-law thought it was pretty funny that he would say that as well. He also said that Ralph may be starting to lose it a little.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 10:04 AM
My brother-in-law is a as reliable as it gets. I won't tell you what he does for a living but trust me that this story is 100% accurate.

I'm sure he would have rather had him say that the team is going to be awesome.

OpIv37
08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
The guy is in Mooselodge Maine.

Trust me when I tell you that this is 100% accurate.

My brother-in-law thought it was pretty funny that he would say that as well. He also said that Ralph may be starting to lose it a little.

Most of us think he started to lose it a long time ago.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 10:06 AM
lets see the pictures to prove it. Don't tell me he didn't get a picture with at least a camera phone.

This is one of the reasons that I almost didn't post this.

I know Jim Kelly yet I have never taken a photo with him. Does that mean that I don't know him?

trapezeus
08-08-2008, 10:10 AM
He also said that Ralph may be starting to lose it a little.

please refer to the thread where ralph asked the FO guys to draft D. Wright as further proof.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 10:10 AM
My general thought after hearing the story is that Ralph is a lot more distant from the team than I ever thought.

The Buffalo comment only pissed me off because I wonder if the guy has had anybody drive him around the city in the last 10 years.

Seriously, I wonder if the guy even knows what the community is like anymore.

The irony is that I actually think the team is better than he thinks and I think I'm more qualified.

It's kind of funny that I don't take the owners opinion seriously.

mybills
08-08-2008, 10:12 AM
he's losing it, so the team's not good?! :scratch:

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
i can't believe the BIL wouldn't ask about Peters. I also have a hard time believing Wilson saying outloud, "not so good, lower your expectations." who is he? Darcy Reiger?

My brother-in-law is not a sports writer. He's a political writer. I think he was just startled that it was Ralph Wilson.

My brother-in-law is a really great guy who does a lot of humanitarian type projects. I'm sure Ralph felt comfortable enough to just be honest. Plus he wasn't in Buffalo and my brother-law lives in NE so maybe he didn't feel threatened.

Novacane
08-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Your brother in law is pulling your leg

Dr. Lecter
08-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Most of us think he started to lose it a long time ago.

Some of us.

Some of us can see he is smarter and sharper than most people on this board and the rest of the owners.

Romes
08-08-2008, 10:17 AM
If you had said the restaurant he was at was Denny's I might have believed you...

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 10:17 AM

No.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
If you had said the restaurant he was at was Denny's I might have believed you...

Is there a Denny's in Mooselodge, ME.?

Romes
08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Is there a Denny's in Mooselodge, ME.?

:idunno:

mybills
08-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Plus he wasn't in Buffalo and my brother-law lives in NE so maybe he didn't feel threatened.
:rofl: That's priceless! Is your BIL a Pats fan?

OpIv37
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Some of us.

Some of us can see he is smarter and sharper than most people on this board and the rest of the owners.

And since he's so smart, that's why the Bills are always winning and are rolling in revenue, right?

yordad
08-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Trent didn't put on 20 pounds, so I have a hard time believeing the whole thing. No offense.

mybills
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Trent didn't put on 20 pounds, so I have a hard time believeing the whole thing. No offense.
it's been reported several times that he did. :idunno:

yordad
08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
it's been reported several times that he did. :idunno:Reliable sources say 8-10.

chernobylwraiths
08-08-2008, 10:36 AM
My general thought after hearing the story is that Ralph is a lot more distant from the team than I ever thought.

The Buffalo comment only pissed me off because I wonder if the guy has had anybody drive him around the city in the last 10 years.

Seriously, I wonder if the guy even knows what the community is like anymore.

The irony is that I actually think the team is better than he thinks and I think I'm more qualified.

It's kind of funny that I don't take the owners opinion seriously.

The actual city had been a virtual ****hole for years and only in the last year or possibly two has it gotten better. But it still has a ton of idiotic politicians that can't get anything right.

OpIv37
08-08-2008, 10:37 AM
it's been reported several times that he did. :idunno:

It's typical sports exaggeration. If a guy is 6'0" 195 he becomes 6'2" 195 in the media guide. They do it at all levels from HS right through the pros.

So Trent probably bulked up by 10 or 12 pounds, the Bills list him as 16 lbs heavier, and then some media outlet says he gained "almost 20" lbs cuz it sounds better than 16.

Next thing you know, everyone thinks it's fact that he gained 20 lbs.

trapezeus
08-08-2008, 11:10 AM
^ and then people start saying 20%, which is still close to 20lbs. the original reports was that he put on 5lbs of muscle. So he probably put on a little more weight. 5lbs of muscle is a lot to put on in a 6-8 month span and maintaining your leanness

The Spaz
08-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Bull ****ing ****

raphael120
08-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I dont find it hard to believe. Last year Ralph was quoted in many national newspapers saying "I didn't think we were going to have more than 5 wins." I think he knows he fields a crap team and he doesn't really care. He'll do enough to keep the fans coming, but as far as actually going to the Super Bowl and building for something like that, it ain't gonna happen.

trapezeus
08-08-2008, 11:35 AM
if i was in my 90's and owned the team with 0 championships, i'd defintely go all out. who knows how many more chances you get. although i gues that's the lesson of life. live every day like it's your last.

bluerosekiller
08-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Not to be a doubting Thomas as I usually like to take people at their word, but I can't find any "Mooselodge, Maine".
There's a business by the name of The Mooselodge in Bethel,ME. And then there's Moosehead Lake of course where I've been many times before because Maine is my favorite place in the world. What I like to call my second home. So, I know the state & it's surroundings pretty well & Mooselodge just doesn't ring a bell.

And believe me, I've been from the western lakes region to Baxter State Park to the Allagash to the islands off the coast. I spent significant time in the "big cities" of Portland & Bangor to the smallest towns you could imagine like Lubec & Kokadjo. So, I know my Maine.
And Mooselodge doesn't sound familiar.

But, that's not saying that Hhurricane is being untruthful. Maybe his in law is pulling his leg or the incident DID,infact, occur somewhere else in Maine with a name like Mooselodge. OR, there IS a Mooselodge up there & I've just never heard of it. But, it's not on Mapquest either & they're pretty thorough.

Typ0
08-08-2008, 11:43 AM

those would be the blind people. RW has very clearly demonstrated his incompetence in public. If anyone wants to believe what you say they are just relying on third hand accounts of something that happened and trying to analyze something of value onto it that isn't there. Our owner is a bumbling old senile idiot.

Dr. Lecter
08-08-2008, 11:46 AM
those would be the blind people. RW has very clearly demonstrated his incompetence in public. If anyone wants to believe what you say they are just relying on third hand accounts of something that happened and trying to analyze something of value onto it that isn't there. Our owner is a bumbling old senile idiot.

He was real senile when he said he and the other owners did not have enough time to understand the CBA and that it was being rushed through too fast. And then, a few days later, when he said it was a bad deal.

I guess all of the NFL owners are senile now that they all agree with him.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Not to be a doubting Thomas as I usually like to take people at their word, but I can't find any "Mooselodge, Maine".
There's a business by the name of The Mooselodge in Bethel,ME. And then there's Moosehead Lake of course where I've been many times before because Maine is my favorite place in the world. What I like to call my second home. So, I know the state & it's surroundings pretty well & Mooselodge just doesn't ring a bell.

And believe me, I've been from the western lakes region to Baxter State Park to the Allagash to the islands off the coast. I spent significant time in the "big cities" of Portland & Bangor to the smallest towns you could imagine like Lubec & Kokadjo. So, I know my Maine.
And Mooselodge doesn't sound familiar.

But, that's not saying that Hhurricane is being untruthful. Maybe his in law is pulling his leg or the incident DID,infact, occur somewhere else in Maine with a name like Mooselodge. OR, there IS a Mooselodge up there & I've just never heard of it. But, it's not on Mapquest either & they're pretty thorough.

It might be Moosehead. I know it's Moose-something ME. I really didn't care where it was. I guarantee that Ralph is in ME and will be there through Sunday.

Guys, it's not like my brother-in-law told me anything that ineteresting other than Ralph didn't think we were very good.

He has no reason to make it up and I have no reason to care either way. I actually think the Bills will be pretty good this year so It's not like it's supporting any of my argumnets.

Guys just chill and enjoy it.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
By the way I have posted 2 other stories like this, both true, and got the same doubting posts only to have them both confirmed.

The only difference is that this one came from outside the organization.

Typ0
08-08-2008, 11:55 AM
He was real senile when he said he and the other owners did not have enough time to understand the CBA and that it was being rushed through too fast. And then, a few days later, when he said it was a bad deal.

the agreement needed to be signed at the time to move forward. What you are stating here is no evidence of his genius just his being a wrench in the works. Obviously, the other owners wanted to do something to move forward and knew they had an out option with the CBA so they were smart enough to sign it and not do any grandstanding like RW does.

Mitchy moo
08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Link please.

bluerosekiller
08-08-2008, 01:01 PM
It might be Moosehead. I know it's Moose-something ME. I really didn't care where it was. I guarantee that Ralph is in ME and will be there through Sunday.

Guys, it's not like my brother-in-law told me anything that ineteresting other than Ralph didn't think we were very good.

He has no reason to make it up and I have no reason to care either way. I actually think the Bills will be pretty good this year so It's not like it's supporting any of my argumnets.

Guys just chill and enjoy it.

OK then, we're cool then ( it prob was Moosehead Lake as that's a VERY pop destination this time of year, but I prefer to go in the fall myself ).
Being new here, I've certainly got no reason to doubt you.

What's disheartening however is the fact that the old dude apparently doesn't have much faith in his own product. Which sucks IMO.
For instance it doesn't give me much hope that he's going to be in any hurry to fix the problem with Peters if he believes that the whole team is subpar. Why bother?

PromoTheRobot
08-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I agree. Sounds like BS to me.

PTR

chernobylwraiths
08-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Don't cloud some people's fantasy with facts Doc.

OpIv37
08-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Don't cloud some people's fantasy with facts Doc.

I repeat:

If Ralph is so smart and capable, that's why the Bills always win and are rolling in revenue, right?

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2008, 03:04 PM
They should take Wilson out behind the field house and shoot him

hydro
08-08-2008, 03:14 PM
They should take Wilson out behind the field house and shoot him

Why all the negativity :(

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Why all the negativity :(
The Team sucks
The organization sucks
They have no chance in making the playoffs
They have made 0 moves to improve the team

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 03:24 PM
What's disheartening however is the fact that the old dude apparently doesn't have much faith in his own product. Which sucks IMO.
For instance it doesn't give me much hope that he's going to be in any hurry to fix the problem with Peters if he believes that the whole team is subpar. Why bother?

My brother-in-law made the exact same point. To be honest the story is more funny than anything. If anyone wants to go ***** out Ralph you know where he is until at least Sunday.

chernobylwraiths
08-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I repeat:

If Ralph is so smart and capable, that's why the Bills always win and are rolling in revenue, right?

because they don't have enough good players
can't get blood from a rock

acehole
08-08-2008, 05:47 PM
^ and then people start saying 20%, which is still close to 20lbs. the original reports was that he put on 5lbs of muscle. So he probably put on a little more weight. 5lbs of muscle is a lot to put on in a 6-8 month span and maintaining your leanness

He should put on more...he still cant reach his WR's acording to camp reports.

We should get Chad to back him up...it would be perfect.

im4bflo
08-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Ralph's right, with Edwards as our QB, we're not as great a team
as some of you think, he know's what he's talking about.