PDA

View Full Version : Trent needs to show up on Saturday.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 12:23 PM
This board has not been too kind to Trent and some of the camp reports I've read haven't been that encouraging.

The one question I have is "are we micro-analayzing" a little too much here? Maybe his camp is very solid and we are just all over any pass that isn't perfect etc.

We need Trent to play well. Period. If we are going to the playoffs it will be with him playing well. It's the only way we are going.

I hope he brings it on Saturady and calms everyone down, including me.

patmoran2006
08-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Trent is barely playing Saturday.. 10-20 snaps at the most.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 12:25 PM

Yep, I know.

He better have 10-20 good snaps.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Yes, 1-3 series.

I think Leinart had 3 series last night, Brees had 1.

mybills
08-08-2008, 12:26 PM
10-20 good ones? Too much leeway..I'll take 16-20. :D

evol4276
he needs to play well. with playing maybe 2 drives. after that we'll know whether it's a matter of us going to the playoffs or a matter of us losing every game. we're doomed! 2nd year guys are always on the money right from the start.

yes itd be nice if he were to play good, but you like to "micro-analyze" everything. everything.

raphael120
I want to see more than just 3 and outs. If anyone has been watching the preseason games so far, most of the starting units usually move the ball fairly well and score a TD because the D just seems to be a little laggy and allows for more plays.

If we don't score a single TD all game, I think it's safe to say thats a huge red flag.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 12:27 PM

If he has a 13 play drive that leads to a TD or 2 good drives, will that shut everyone up for a week?

OpIv37
08-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Trent isn't at the level of Brees so I would expect him to get more reps.

ddaryl
08-08-2008, 12:28 PM
The one question I have is "are we micro-analayzing" a little too much here? Maybe his camp is very solid and we are just all over any pass that isn't perfect etc.

which is exactly why I wait for some real action in preseason. I will watch the game on Sunday... so hopefully will have some news to be positive about instead of nit picking all the things that went wrong... Sure would be nice to do that after a pre-season game for a change, or the 1st 4 games of the season for that matter.

I'm all for checking down more often then not, however he is going to have to be able to hit some deep outs and long fly's to keep D's honest.

OpIv37
If he has a 13 play drive that leads to a TD or 2 good drives, will that shut everyone up for a week?

a sustained drive and a Red Zone TD and everyone should shut up til the next game.

HHURRICANE
I want to see more than just 3 and outs. If anyone has been watching the preseason games so far, most of the starting units usually move the ball fairly well and score a TD because the D just seems to be a little laggy and allows for more plays.

If we don't score a single TD all game, I think it's safe to say thats a huge red flag.

Yeah, I have to agree. our O sucked from the start in pre-season and we should have know better.

I agree that Schonert better have these guys scoring points.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2008, 12:30 PM
which is exactly why I wait for some real action in preseason. I will watch the game on Sunday... so hopefully will have some news to be positive about instead of nit picking all the things that went wrong... Sure would be nice to do that after a pre-season game for a change, or the 1st 4 games of the season for that matter.

I'm all for checking down more often then not, however he is going to have to be able to hit some deep outs and long fly's to keep D's honest.

I am so pumped to watch this team with my own eyes. I can't wait for Saturday. I'm having peopel over so I'll have to be very rude. But I'm going to record it and watch it again after they leave. I guess it's live on NFL Network, or so Chris brown said.

ddaryl
08-08-2008, 12:50 PM
I am so pumped to watch this team with my own eyes. I can't wait for Saturday. I'm having peopel over so I'll have to be very rude. But I'm going to record it and watch it again after they leave. I guess it's live on NFL Network, or so Chris brown said.

me too... I usually just analyze the 1st string though, and keep an eye on the other 2.5 quarters. I'll re-watch the 1st stringer a couple of times.

Not having Peter's in there is going to be the big watch along with QB play.