• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

I Don't Expect Much Sat. Night

Based on our history, name one time we came out fast in our pre-season opener. It's about reps, timing, execution and evaluation.

Save me the drama queen reviews after. The early 90's Bills always looked like crap in the pre-season.

Watch the players for their ability and know a different gameplan will come into play, once we open against Seattle. It's all a guess right now.

After visiting camp several times, I can see we have lots more talent than last year. Have faith.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: I Don't Expect Much Sat. Night

And the excuses begin....

Seriously, no one is expecting them to come out looking great. But they damn well better not come out looking completely lost.

And please, STOP comparing the way this team handles preseason with the early 90's teams. Those teams were basically the same from year to year because there was no FA, and the offense was extremely accomplished. Those guys knew they could mail it in during preseason and still be ready to go on week 1. This team is the complete opposite. They need all the experience and practice they can get.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      And the excuses begin....
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

And the negative nancies begin:

If we look bad - I TOLD YOU SO. OH WOE IS ME! WOE IS ME! WOE IS ME!!!!

If we look mediocre - WE SUCK. I TOLD YOU SO.

If we look good - IT'S JUST A PRESEASON GAME AND IT'S MEANINGLESS. WASHINGTON DIDN'T HAVE ALL THEIR WEAPONS, etc

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

The Bills will lose this game.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Based on our history, name one time we came out fast in our pre-season opener. It's about reps, timing, execution and evaluation.
            Based on our history, that’s not good so I totally disagree. Remember last year and how enemic and vanilla our offense looked in preseason? Guess what, it carried directly over to the regular season. For a team like this, it’s very important to get momentum, gain confidence and start clicking from the first snap of the first preseason game.

Save me the drama queen reviews after. The early 90's Bills always looked like crap in the pre-season.

This sure as hell aint the early 1990’s Bills. That was a vet team where training camp was a formality. They already knew what they had to do and more importantly, HOW to do it.. This team doesn’t.

Watch the players for their ability and know a different gameplan will come into play, once we open against Seattle. It's all a guess right now.

Of course. I want to see players make plays, that’s all.

After visiting camp several times, I can see we have lots more talent than last year. Have faith.

I totally agree and you’re spot on. This is the first time I’d say since maybe 2003 where I think the talent we acquired clearly outweighs the talent that departed. A few of the younger guys have more experience now as well.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto

If we look good - IT'S JUST A PRESEASON GAME AND IT'S MEANINGLESS. WASHINGTON DIDN'T HAVE ALL THEIR WEAPONS, etc
              When in the hell has someone said that? WHEN HAVE THE BILLS PLAYED GOOD IN PRESEASON to even PROVE that that happens!??!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Never they stink

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

It will be a 0-0 tie!
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

If the starting offense can score a TD and no one gets hurt I will be happy with Saturday.

Comment

• raphael120
                      • Oct 2005

Until Peters is in there, I think they're going to look pretty bad.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by raphael120
                        When in the hell has someone said that? WHEN HAVE THE BILLS PLAYED GOOD IN PRESEASON to even PROVE that that happens!??!
                        I'm just saying this b'cse Washington appears to be having some problems with their top draft picks and may or may not look good.

But in any case, these games should be used to evaluate players individually - not to be used to judge the team as a whole. For example, I personally hope Lynch and Jackson get very little time. I want to see what the backups can do...any results used to draw conclusions on the team as a whole will be erroneous and jumping to conclusions!

Comment

• raphael120
                          • Oct 2005

I'm just saying this b'cse Washington appears to be having some problems with their top draft picks and may or may not look good.

But in any case, these games should be used to evaluate players individually - not to be used to judge the team as a whole. For example, I personally hope Lynch and Jackson get very little time. I want to see what the backups can do...any results used to draw conclusions on the team as a whole will be erroneous and jumping to conclusions!
                          Im hesitant to take anything away from these games as far as from the starting offense is concerned. Our oline is a mess without Peters in there so they have a pass. Nonetheless, theyve been practicing things in training camp that hopefully they can execute in this game. I'm wondering how long Hardy will be out there. Im anxious to see Stevie Johnson, he should be out there for an extended period of time and hopefully he's this years Freddie Jackson

Now defense, we should be able to see how dominant our front 7 is considering they will all be in there. Im excited to see the defense.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

yeah, just like last year when all those preseason evaluations proved to be erroneous and jumping to conclusions. The offense looked SOOOO much better in regular season than it did in pre season!
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

And the negative nancies begin:

If we look bad - I TOLD YOU SO. OH WOE IS ME! WOE IS ME! WOE IS ME!!!!

If we look mediocre - WE SUCK. I TOLD YOU SO.
                              Correct. Players don't magically get better when the word in front of season changes from pre to regular.
                              Wrong- if we look good, it's a good sign.

In fact it's just the opposite. If we look good, all the homers will restart the playoff talk. If the O looks bad, it's cuz the O doesn't game plan. However, if our D looks good, it will have NOTHING to do with the fact that the skins aren't game planning- it means our D really is good.

No matter how awful this team looks, people like you will come back with a million reasons why it doesn't matter. And you'll keep believing that until the regular season starts and reality kicks you in the teeth on Sunday afternoons.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X