PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else HATE the preseason as much as I do?

bluerosekiller
08-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Seriously, I can't stand enduring these meaningless games. They just make me miserable. Yet I still put myself through them.

They just make me sick with worry because I'm always waiting for disaster to strike someone really important and/or waiting for key players to suddenly demonstrate that their skillsets have gone completely south in the offseason. It's hell! LOL

DraftBoy
08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
No way, I love preseason football!

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
No it can show you how bad the Bills are going to be this season. A preview of the suckage if you will.

patmoran2006
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Id rather see 18 regular season games and only 2 preseason games. Nothing is worse than losing a star player for the year in a game that means nothing to them.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

raphael120
08-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Eh, preseason football is better than listening to training camp reports. It means real football is on the horizon, but it is a tease and leaves you with blue footballs afterwards.

DrGraves
08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't mind it, it gets me excited for the season. I'd much rather watch a preseason game than even a baseball playoff game.

OpIv37
08-08-2008, 02:10 PM
The first few weeks of preseason are great because it may be meaningless football, but it's finally new, live football after 7 months of nothing. But after the first two games or so, it gets old- just get on with it already.

SquishDaFish
08-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I agree with Pat and OP on this one. Love it because fotball is finally back but would love 18 reg games a 2 preseason.

Confused
08-08-2008, 02:28 PM
I have to admitt the potential for season changing injuries on each play scares the poop out of me. I dont want HArdy to play 2mrw. not with a less than stellar hammy. We loose him our offense is in a world of poop.

Pride
08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I enjoy watching the 3rd and 4th quarters of the first few games... those guys playing are playing for their careers... they go all out... and that is how injuries happen. A WR not concerned about his spot gets hit by a CB with absolutely everything to lose if he doesn't hit him as hard as he can.

OpIv37
08-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I have to admitt the potential for season changing injuries on each play scares the poop out of me. I dont want HArdy to play 2mrw. not with a less than stellar hammy. We loose him our offense is in a world of poop.

and that is the paradox of preseason. If you don't play these young guys, they lose valuable experience. If you play them, you risk injury.

So the coaches get the damn-near impossible task of determining which risk is more acceptable: the risk of injury and not having the guy at all on opening day, or the risk of not having the guy prepared on opening day.

bigbub2352
08-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Best time to evaluate the roster, i luv Preseason