• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Teppo is back, also sign forward for Portland

WGR 550 has learned that the Sabres have signed veteran defenseman Teppo Numminen to a contract today. Numminen missed all but one game last season with a heart ailment. The 40-year old underwent successful heart surgery in September of 2007. Terms of the deal were not given.

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Teppo is back, also sign forward for Portland

So who's the odd man out? Paetsch, Weber or Sekera? I'm guessing Paetsch.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Who cares
      horrible signing
      waste of money
      hurts the tuffness of the team
      Truly sad move go ahead argue
      u will see a nice huge liability if we make the playoffs with this pussy roster
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        So who's the odd man out? Paetsch, Weber or Sekera? I'm guessing Paetsch.
        I expect the defense to look like this at the start of the season:

Tallinder-Lydman
        Spacek-Rivet
        Sekera-Teppo
        Paetsch

Weber starts the year in Portland.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

Tallinder-Lydman
          Spacek-Rivet
          Sekera-Teppo
          Paetsch

you're probably right but don't be surprised if Weber unseats Paestch by the end of the year.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Tallinder-Lydman
            Spacek-Rivet
            Sekera-Teppo
            Paetsch

I think Weber looked better than Paetsch and Sekera we need someone to be able to push them out of the net besides Rivet, man we are gonna get beat on
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              I think Weber looked better than Paetsch and Sekera we need someone to be able to push them out of the net besides Rivet, man we are gonna get beat on
              They need Sekera to carry the puck, something he is very good at and that nobody else is real good at (Lydman is adequate as is Rivet).

Nate will stay since he can't go down to Portland and Weber can go without clearing waivers. In addition Weber will be better off playing 20-25 minutes per in Portland than playing ~10 in Buffalo.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                you're probably right but don't be surprised if Weber unseats Paestch by the end of the year.
                Agreed. It is also possible Spacek will get traded at the deadline as he is in the last year of his deal and is in his mid-30's.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Agreed. It is also possible Spacek will get traded at the deadline as he is in the last year of his deal and is in his mid-30's.
                  and he gets hurt every year and he scores all his goals in the first 10 games, and oh yeah over paid and he sucks
                  Our whole Defensive core beside Rivet Weber and Sekera are weak
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Tallinder is not weak.

Neither is Spacek who was quite physical last year (he surprised me in that aspect).

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Assuming the price is right, I like the signing for one year. Nice veteran presence to help the young guys fit in.

D & S Sports

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Who cares
                        horrible signing
                        waste of money
                        hurts the tuffness of the team
                        Truly sad move go ahead argue
                        u will see a nice huge liability if we make the playoffs with this pussy roster
                        Bub we said we wouldn't argue anymore but don't you think you are being a bit over the top here. How is this a truely sad move?

How much did he sign for?

He will be a 6th dman and teach the younger guys.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

and he gets hurt every year and he scores all his goals in the first 10 games, and oh yeah over paid and he sucks
                          Our whole Defensive core beside Rivet Weber and Sekera are weak
                          He didn't score all his goals in the first ten games man.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

I dont know how anyone can come on here and say Tallinder plays physical, or spacek for that matter, we lost alot of games last year do to guys sitting in front of the net, Spacek disappears for stretchs and if my memory serves me correct was booed last year un til her picked up his game after being injured for a long stretch again

My point is we keep resigning players like Teppo and over paying players like Max and Connolly then we argue how we should hang on to these players even though we lose every year and let star players walk cause we dont want to pay them

I know we signed Miller long term and we overpaid for a slighly above average goalie but hey we at least got one less position to worry about another popular player walking out

I am just saying u think Detroit would sign Teppo?, u think teams that consistently contend would keep guys like Connolly, max, Kotalik, Tallinder Lydman guys who are very inconsistent

Tallinder had one good year with Lydamn on the cup run team, before that and after that he was looked at as a weak defensaman who doesnt play physical enough, Spacek went thru stretchs in his first two years here were he was long injured and booed, Max same thing, Connolly always hurt,

Now we bring in a 40yr old vet dont know terms but the guy was a major liability in the playoffs when he was consistently thrown around anyone actually watching cant argue that
                            We got rid of our grit and replaced with finess for the changing NHL, well that lasted two years now it is back to bangin style and we dont got anyone to play that style that can actually play above a 3rd line
                            and we have 2 defensman with any kinda edge in Weber and Rivet, then we got puck movers, Lydman trys but makes way to many mistakes

Argue alll u want we are not gonna make the playoffs this year with this roster mark it down i said it

and guys i truly luv this team, and this town

but i hate what Larry has done truly sad
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

I dont know how anyone can come on here and say Tallinder plays physical, or spacek for that matter, we lost alot of games last year do to guys sitting in front of the net, Spacek disappears for stretchs and if my memory serves me correct was booed last year un til her picked up his game after being injured for a long stretch again

My point is we keep resigning players like Teppo and over paying players like Max and Connolly then we argue how we should hang on to these players even though we lose every year and let star players walk cause we dont want to pay them

I know we signed Miller long term and we overpaid for a slighly above average goalie but hey we at least got one less position to worry about another popular player walking out

I am just saying u think Detroit would sign Teppo?, u think teams that consistently content would keep guys like Connolly, max, Kotalik, Tallinder Lydman guys who are very inconsistent

Tallinder had one good year with Lydamn on the cup run team, before that and after that he was looked at as a weak defensaman who doesnt play physical enough, Spacek went thru stretchs in his first two years here were he was long injured and booed, Max same thing, Connolly alway hurt,

Now we bring in a 40yr old vet dont know terms but the guy was a major liability in the playoffs when he was consistently throw around anyone actually watching cant argue that
                              We got rid of our grit and replaced with finess for the changing NHL, well that lasted two years now it is back to bangin style and we dont got anyone to play that style that can actually play above a 3rd line
                              and we have 2 defensman with any kinda edge in Weber and Rivet, then we got puck movers, Lydman trys but makes way to many mistakes

Argue alll u want we are not gonna make the playoffs this year with this roster mark it down i said it

and guys i truly luv this team, and this town

but i hate what Larry has done truly sad
                              Oh, I disagree, they will make the playoffs this year.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X