• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

A Realistic Post I Saw Elsewhere Tonight

out of pure boredom, I visited a couple of other Bills sites this evening. I rarely visit anywhere besides here.. But on a Friday night there's usually a lack of posting, and I'm pretty f'n bored right now.

So I was on Bills.com and their message board, and I saw a post that I actually think is very realistic and most likely, accurate. I have no clue who the dude is that posted it.. In fact, it was a response to someone else's post.

Here is the post.. Tell me how close or how far off y ou think he or she is.. It sounds accurate to me.

Sampten

Yeah, well a lot of fans don't realize we have one of the worst game day coaches in Dick Jauron. Mark my words, he will cost us at LEAST 2 games this season.

I still see us as an up and coming team that isn't ready for the playoffs this season. The offense is going to be very bad, and the Defense will improve, but will not be able to make up for the lack of points this team will score.

One more year, and Trent Edwards maturing into a good solid QB, Hardy learning the ropes of the NFL, and a year of consistancy, will propel this team to the playoffs in 09-10.

Not in 08-09

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: A Realistic Post I Saw Elsewhere Tonight

I have to agree on every count.

I think Jauron is a great coach on Mon-Sat and horrible on Sundays.

I think the offense is bad, and its pitiful if we dont have our franchise LT.

I think the defense is going to be very good.

And I like Trent Edwards, but I think he needs a full year of starting, and another talented player or two around him offensively.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Will the defense be better than last year? Yes. Should the Bills be healthier than last year? I'd say yes. Will the offense be better than last year, even if just a little? Yes. Will the ST's still be good? Yes. Given all that, and that the Bills went 7-9 with a harder schedule, I wouldn't say that the playoffs aren't realistic this coming season.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
        Will the defense be better than last year? Yes. Should the Bills be healthier than last year? I'd say yes. Will the offense be better than last year, even if just a little? Yes. Will the ST's still be good? Yes. Given all that, and that the Bills went 7-9 with a harder schedule, I wouldn't say that the playoffs aren't realistic this coming season.
        People who look at our schedule right now and think its easy I feel are going to be in a for surprise.

Not saying we cant win the games, I'm saying we have tougher games than people think.. I'll bet both Arizona and the Rams are improved this year, and those are both road games.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          People who look at our schedule right now and think its easy I feel are going to be in a for surprise.

Not saying we cant win the games, I'm saying we have tougher games than people think.. I'll bet both Arizona and the Rams are improved this year, and those are both road games.
          Arizona maybe, Rams no.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I don't think Jauron is a particularly good game day coach, but I don't think it is a given that he'll cost the Bills 2 games. I think the playoffs is a possibiility in 2008-2009, but it became somewhat less of a possibility when Jason Peters decided to stage a hold out and them the Jets acquired Favre, and then Miami signed Pennington.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
              I don't think Jauron is a particularly good game day coach, but I don't think it is a given that he'll cost the Bills 2 games. I think the playoffs is a possibiility in 2008-2009, but it became somewhat less of a possibility when Jason Peters decided to stage a hold out and them the Jets acquired Favre, and then Miami signed Pennington.
              Pennington to the Jets is a non-factor. He can't threaten a defense deep, and his WR's stink. The Bills should easily sweep the Dols this year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

that's pretty much exactly what I've been saying for months.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Pennington to the Jets is a non-factor. He can't threaten a defense deep, and his WR's stink. The Bills should easily sweep the Dols this year.
                  nope- we lose the Toronto game. Too much pressure. This team has yet to prove they can handle a pressure situation. See Cowboys, Browns and Patriots games from last year.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

NONE of the health issues last year were on offense. A little better isn't nearly good enough. Our offense went from pathetic to just plain bad, and bad offenses ruin good defenses. Remember 2003 and 2004?

And without Peters, the offense is actually worse than last year.

Our ST has been amongst the best in the league for the last 5 years or so- where has it gotten us?

Duplicating 7-9 is realistic. Playoffs are not.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Aren't you the same guy who said we make the playoffs?

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        nope- we lose the Toronto game. Too much pressure. This team has yet to prove they can handle a pressure situation. See Cowboys, Browns and Patriots games from last year.
                        No way they lose in Toronto.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

I have to agree on every count.

I think Jauron is a great coach on Mon-Sat and horrible on Sundays.

I think the offense is bad, and its pitiful if we dont have our franchise LT.

I think the defense is going to be very good.

And I like Trent Edwards, but I think he needs a full year of starting, and another talented player or two around him offensively.
                          Are you talking about the same guy who had a quarter of the starters leave due to injuries and still was playing meaningful games in Dec?

No, I cant call him a bad game day coach. Considering the lack of talent, I think he has done a fantastic job with what he has had.

He makes mistakes, the Denver and Dallas games lost at the last seconds were examples where I have to believe we could have managed the clock and won somehow.

I will fault him for that, but not for not getting more out of his team.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

With Leinhart? Thats a win for us at this point. But hes getting better.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              NONE of the health issues last year were on offense. A little better isn't nearly good enough. Our offense went from pathetic to just plain bad, and bad offenses ruin good defenses. Remember 2003 and 2004?

And without Peters, the offense is actually worse than last year.

Our ST has been amongst the best in the league for the last 5 years or so- where has it gotten us?

Duplicating 7-9 is realistic. Playoffs are not.
                              I'm assuming Peters plays the whole season. If not, all bets are off. If Peters plays, the Bills will be closer to, if not, a playoff team than 7-9.

Comment

Working...
                              X