PDA

View Full Version : Does it bother anyone else

chernobylwraiths
08-08-2008, 11:51 PM
That the two New York City teams play and will continue to play in New Jersey? This isn't like the Bills playing in Orchard Park or the Patriots playing in Foxboro or wherever they play now. This is an entire freaking different state and NYC makes believe it is their team, as well as any politician from NY if they are any good.

I love to hear that the only football team in the state plays in Buffalo, but that is just lip service.

Is anybody else irritated by this or is it just hometown small market envy?

Ebenezer
08-08-2008, 11:53 PM
That the two New York City teams play and will continue to play in New Jersey? This isn't like the Bills playing in Orchard Park or the Patriots playing in Foxboro or wherever they play now. This is an entire freaking different state and NYC makes believe it is their team, as well as any politician from NY if they are any good.

I love to hear that the only football team in the state plays in Buffalo, but that is just lip service.

Is anybody else irritated by this or is it just hometown small market envy?
Orchard Park Bills sounds fine to me.

yordad
08-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Hell, if the Titans can name their team after a state, so can we. THE NEW YORK BILLS.

Ebenezer
08-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Hell, if the Titans can name their team after a state, so can we. THE NEW YORK BILLS.
Although I agree with the premise I think that would suck, jmo. Actually, the Jets and Giants should just change theirs to the NYC Jets/Giants.

mybills
08-09-2008, 07:32 AM
They should be the Jersey Jets and Jersey Giants.
Buffalo is the only true NY team. Plus there's no Buffalo in New Jersey! :D

OpIv37
08-09-2008, 09:26 AM
For the record, the Washington Redskins play in MD.

(For the geographically impaired, Washington isn't in MD- it's in it's own jurisdiction called the District of Columbia. And I know most of you know this already but believe me- there's more than a few who don't).

OpIv37
08-09-2008, 09:33 AM
and yes, it bothers me that the Jets and Giants claim NY but play in New Jersey.

However, I am refraining from mocking the Giants this season as a thank-you for punking Brady and the Pats in the SB.