PDA

View Full Version : Hardy To start.

BidsJr
08-09-2008, 11:37 AM
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

HARDY TO START: Bills second-round pick James Hardy will not only play Saturday night against Washington, he'll be starting with the first unit on offense. Hardy may have drawn the starting assignment whether Josh Reed was appearing in this game or not.

Philagape
08-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Good to see. This is what he was drafted for eventually, so let's see what he can between the 20s

raphael120
08-09-2008, 11:46 AM
i wonder if that means he only plays the 10-20 snaps also. that stinks, i would like to see him get more action but oh well. robert meachem in new orleans was a first rounder and he got aa good chunk of action

eyedog
08-09-2008, 11:49 AM
He should be starting. That's why we drafted him in the 2nd rd.
Reed sucks, and Parrish is to small and is a slot guy.

OpIv37
08-09-2008, 11:59 AM
with that last line, I think bb.com is prepping us for the impending release of Josh Reed. His back problems may be getting the best of him, and he's in the 3rd year of a backloaded 4 year, $10 million contract so he's not cheap (not that the cap thing is really an excuse with the Bills being so far under the cap at the moment).

Goobylal
08-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Like Chris Brown said, Hardy's hamstring is an issue, so they might not want to push it.

Goobylal
08-09-2008, 12:05 PM
with that last line, I think bb.com is prepping us for the impending release of Josh Reed. His back problems may be getting the best of him, and he's in the 3rd year of a backloaded 4 year, $10 million contract so he's not cheap (not that the cap thing is really an excuse with the Bills being so far under the cap at the moment).
His salary for this season is $1.825M. Not too expensive. I think this is his last year, though. With Evans likely being re-signed, Hardy here for at least 4 years, Johnson looking like a gem, and Parrish's return skills and slot potential, I don't see a place for Reed, except as a 5th WR, and that's a luxury the Bills likely won't want to have, especially when Justin Jenkins can fill that role while being a great ST'er.

OpIv37
08-09-2008, 12:10 PM
His salary for this season is $1.825M. Not too expensive. I think this is his last year, though. With Evans likely being re-signed, Hardy here for at least 4 years, Johnson looking like a gem, and Parrish's return skills and slot potential, I don't see a place for Reed, except as a 5th WR, and that's a luxury the Bills likely won't want to have, especially when Justin Jenkins can fill that role while being a great ST'er.

You're right about the salary but according to clump his cap hit is $2,925,000 because of how they structured the deal. The salary seems fair but the cap hit is tough to stomach.

Either way, with the other receivers you mentioned and lingering health problems, his days in Buffalo are probably numbered.

Goobylal
08-09-2008, 12:14 PM
You're right about the salary but according to clump his cap hit is $2,925,000 because of how they structured the deal. The salary seems fair but the cap hit is tough to stomach.
Releasing him probably doesn't save them much, if anything, this year. And it's not like the Bills aren't WAY under the salary cap.

raphael120
08-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Good observation there, Op.

I would be surprised if Reed was released though. We all know how Buffalo likes to cling to it's fringe players who stay on the fringe their whole career.

yordad
08-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Hardy should have started anyways. And, if he is healthy, I think he will stay in longer then most of the first team. Reed is a good #3, but that injury may be worst then we think. There is always one surprise cut.