PDA

View Full Version : Resign Peters, Lose Evans

Confused
08-09-2008, 12:13 PM
When we resign Peters, We will, most likely not extend Lee. non cuz we dont have the money, its because we're cheep like that. Thats not the point of this thread.

With Evans gone, Parrish becomes our No.1 and Hardy our No.2 with Reed and Johnson in the slot.
Parrish @ No.1 makes perfect sense. He runs without a doubt the cleanest routes and has prolly the best hands. His RAC is unchallenged on this team. Its the perfect place for Roscoe. He's really not much different than Evans if you think about it. Evans is an inch taller and about 20 lbs heavier. Thats it. Both are blisteringly fast in the open field. Both have tremendous big play potential. It isnt much different to plug Evans or Parrish into a WCO. With Hard on the otherside as the big possession WR and Parrish/Evans as The speedy playmaker.

My point here is that we all know that Parrish is not a No2. Wr. He is a No.1 or a slot WR. Everyone screams to get the ball in his hands. Why not put the ball in his hands 9-15 times a game?

I could really see this happening.

Goobylal
08-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I disagree. The Bills will pay their good players. I think the problem with Evans is he wants $6-7M a year, based on the stupid contracts other WR's got this past off-season, and I don't know if he's worth that much. He's only had 1 season with more than 1,000 yards and followed that up with a disappointing season (last year).

Confused
08-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Can Parrish play No.1 WR?
Lets pretend lee is gone.

FlyingDutchman
08-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I like Roscoe, but cmon, a #1 WR? He will be a slot guy for his whole career, and a good one at that.

Confused
08-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Name a playmaker Slot WR who didnt have a superstar NO.1 WR. You cant.

FlyingDutchman
08-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Can Parrish play No.1 WR?
Lets pretend lee is gone.

No, he'll get killed at the line.

raphael120
08-09-2008, 12:19 PM
We have tons of money and tons coming from Toronto. If we don't resign both, Ralph can go **** himself.

Confused
SLOT to No1 is a realistic move.

Confused
No, he'll get killed at the line.

Validate.
What is the difference between lee and Roscoe?

OpIv37
without Lee our WR's may be the worst in the league, at least until we see what some of these rookies have.

One way or the other, they'll get a deal done with Evans. If they don't, they have the whole off-season next year to find a replacement. The Peters situation is much more scary because we don't even know if we have him this year and LT's are harder to find than WR's.

OpIv37
08-09-2008, 12:20 PM
and btw the money shouldn't be an issue- we have more than enough under the cap and I believe we even have enough under "cash to cap" to get both.

Confused
08-09-2008, 12:20 PM
We have tons of money and tons coming from Toronto. If we don't resign both, Ralph can go **** himself.
Lets pretend we dont sign him. that is what this thread is about everyone. stop saying we will resign him. In THIS SENARIO, we dont.
discuss.

FlyingDutchman
08-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Validate.
What is the difference between lee and Roscoe?

28 pounds, and a different type of playing style. You really think Roscoe is capable of blocking well? Getting off the line would be an issue. Thats why Roscoe is usually in motion or dropped back a few yards off the line in the slot, much easier to get off.

yordad
08-09-2008, 12:28 PM
I think Lee is worth 7 mil a year.

I do not think Parrish would be a good #1.

OpIv37
08-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Lets pretend we dont sign him. that is what this thread is about everyone. stop saying we will resign him. In THIS SENARIO, we dont.
discuss.

ok so we don't resign him, that means we keep peters.

#1 priority next off season becomes WR. Pick up the best vet available and draft someone high. We can't go into a season with the current crop of WR's minus Evans. It would be ugly.

OpIv37
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
btw, all these "we have enough money to keep Evans" responses you're getting- including mine- are at least partially due to the fact that people don't want to think about the prospect of this offense minus Evans. It would be horrendous.

Goobylal
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Parrish as the #1 WR? Why would anyone think he could be a #1 WR?

If Evans doesn't sign a long-term deal, the Bills still have him for this season and get to see what Hardy and Johnson can do, and what Evans does with those guys plus Parrish and Reed, in Schonert's offense. At the end of the season, they talk contract again and/or franchise/transition Evans. But if Hardy and/or Johnson show something, it might make them say goodbye to Evans and put one of them at #1.

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 12:32 PM
I actually believe that we will franchise Lee. Then in 2 years. A team like Arizona (just after trading boldin) gives Lee a Clements contract.

Dr. Pepper
08-09-2008, 01:46 PM
discuss.

If Evans isn't resigned, we can pick up a disgruntled #1 from another team via trade. Boldin perhaps? Anyway, Parrish isn't going to be #1 anytime soon (aka never).

Confused
08-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I still think Parrish would surprise many @ no1.

HHURRICANE
08-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Parrish is undersized to play at #1. He's barely a #4.

Evans and Peters need to be resigned.

Guys, I think Peters will show up. I highly doubt he's going to sit the entire season.

Confused
08-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Parrish is undersized to play at #1. He's barely a #4.

Evans and Peters need to be resigned.

Guys, I think Peters will show up. I highly doubt he's going to sit the entire season.

I know peters will show. Its only the chicken littles that cant see this.

mybills
08-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I disagree.
I didn't read past this post. :;

Jayhawk
08-09-2008, 04:09 PM
I didn't read past this post. :;:rockon::rockon:

njsue
08-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Not sign Peters :nervous:

patmoran2006
08-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Only in the BUffalo organization could their be posts that despite a team havnig over $30 million in cap room; that if we redo the deal for our best player, then our next best player is gone.

WTF is that.

Take care of them both. We sure as hell have the space.. WTF?

patmoran2006
08-09-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm done talking about Peters and Evans.

If they're both not in a Bills uniform next year, this organization is a joke and aint committed to winning jack ****..

mybills
08-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Not sign Peters :nervous:
lol...re-sign.

The Jokeman
08-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Name a playmaker Slot WR who didnt have a superstar NO.1 WR. You cant.
Two recent examples that come to mind are Troy Brown and when he was with the Dolphins Wes Welker.

acehole
08-10-2008, 07:43 AM
If the golden boy continiues the suckfest...nobody will sign here...

When we resign Peters, We will, most likely not extend Lee. non cuz we dont have the money, its because we're cheep like that. Thats not the point of this thread.

With Evans gone, Parrish becomes our No.1 and Hardy our No.2 with Reed and Johnson in the slot.
Parrish @ No.1 makes perfect sense. He runs without a doubt the cleanest routes and has prolly the best hands. His RAC is unchallenged on this team. Its the perfect place for Roscoe. He's really not much different than Evans if you think about it. Evans is an inch taller and about 20 lbs heavier. Thats it. Both are blisteringly fast in the open field. Both have tremendous big play potential. It isnt much different to plug Evans or Parrish into a WCO. With Hard on the otherside as the big possession WR and Parrish/Evans as The speedy playmaker.

My point here is that we all know that Parrish is not a No2. Wr. He is a No.1 or a slot WR. Everyone screams to get the ball in his hands. Why not put the ball in his hands 9-15 times a game?

Night Train
08-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Sign both Evans and Peters.

Forget Crowell.

TacklingDummy
08-10-2008, 10:45 PM
btw, all these "we have enough money to keep Evans" responses you're getting- including mine- are at least partially due to the fact that people don't want to think about the prospect of this offense minus Evans. It would be horrendous.

Lee didn't make much of a difference last year.

Lee is history.

Historian
08-11-2008, 04:52 AM
Parrish is a good player, I like him, but he's not a #1.

He doesn't have the same hands, and he basically runs one route well, IMO.

I think the Bills will pay both Evans and Peters.

Confused
08-11-2008, 05:34 AM
Parrish is a good player, I like him, but he's not a #1.

He doesn't have the same hands, and he basically runs one route well, IMO.

I think the Bills will pay both Evans and Peters.

nice to see you could join in histo. He has way better hands than Lee imho.

ddaryl
08-11-2008, 08:39 AM
SLOT to No1 is a realistic move.

You cannot be serious. Parish is 5'8" and could not succeed against double teams.

there is no way that Parrish would ever be a #1 Wr in the NFl ever.. he will always be a complimentary WR who if surrounded by other solid WR's has a chance to be dangerous

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 09:31 AM

Lets get rid of our best wr. :roflmao: Get rid of our proven downfield guy and turn this team into dink and dunk.

Parrish a no.1? Can he even take a licking on a regular basis as a no.2 ?

While you're at it, let's trade him within the division. Yeah. Farve would love him.

Confused
08-11-2008, 02:25 PM
You cannot be serious. Parish is 5'8" and could not succeed against double teams.

there is no way that Parrish would ever be a #1 Wr in the NFl ever.. he will always be a complimentary WR who if surrounded by other solid WR's has a chance to be dangerous

How big is Lee? 6'3? 6'10? He cant handle a double either.

Confused
08-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Lets get rid of our best wr. :roflmao: Get rid of our proven downfield guy and turn this team into dink and dunk.

Parrish a no.1? Can he even take a licking on a regular basis as a no.2 ?

While you're at it, let's trade him within the division. Yeah. Farve would love him.

Say Evans wants Fitzy type money. Do you think we will pay that? All I did was propose a senario. I want to keep Lee but if we cant......... Here is senario no.1.

Roscoe can take a hit. and get open.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Say Evans wants Fitzy type money. Do you think we will pay that? All I did was propose a senario. I want to keep Lee but if we cant......... Here is senario no.1.

Roscoe can take a hit. and get open.
the fitzy $ wasn't part of your original post. With that said, I doubt Evans will command that much. He and his agent does not have the nos. to back it up.

we will have a bunch of no 2's and 3's on this team. When Trent fails because of it, will we blame it all on the qb again? Give Trent all the weapons he needs.

OpIv37
08-11-2008, 02:32 PM

Parrish is 5'8" in platform shoes with a pompadour. He's more like 5'6".

But you're right about everything else.

Confused
08-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Do we (gulp) draft another WR early? As one poster said, pick up a disgruntled WR(aka Boldin-he's not looking to get paid or anything)

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Do we (gulp) draft another WR early? As one poster said, pick up a disgruntled WR(aka Boldin-he's not looking to get paid or anything)
would love Boldin.

Confused
08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
We could bump Steve Johnson to no.1 on pure speculation? "big and slow is how we go" our WR battle cry.

acehole
08-11-2008, 05:19 PM
would love Boldin.

What WR would want to be joined at the hip for 4-5 year with the worst passer of 2007?

Not Lee Evans.

Let us hope Trent does a 180 this year....

acehole
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
We could bump Steve Johnson to no.1 on pure speculation? "big and slow is how we go" our WR battle cry.

You dont think the old man is watching that situation?

He is watching closer then the newpaper coupon section...scanning for strawberries on sale.......

"Why sign Lee when we have Steve johnson " he will wisper into russes ear.

Only he will be shouting and not even know it.

Mr. Pink
08-11-2008, 05:32 PM
would love Boldin.

I'd take Boldin over Evans every day of the week and twice on Sunday.