PDA

View Full Version : Exactly what Jauron didn't want.

Pride
08-09-2008, 07:35 PM
:drama:

djjimkelly
08-09-2008, 07:40 PM
why isnt there a QB competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bills_7
08-09-2008, 07:40 PM
OK LOSMAN IS AMAZING I CANT BELIEVE WE ARE GNA WAIST HIS TALENT,, HE CAN BE GROOMED INTO A GREAT QB,, ITS TO EARLY FOR EDWARDS TO START,, BUT IM NO EXPERT

Buffalogic
08-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Newsflash. You are watching a ****ty preseason game...

billsburgh
08-09-2008, 07:41 PM
why isnt there a QB competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's inevitable if Tent looks this unimpressive going forward.

mybills
08-09-2008, 07:51 PM
:rofl:

Pride
08-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Noone is saying Losman should start... that wasnt the point of this thread. But as a Head Coach you want to see your starter look better than your backup. All I'm saying is, tonight... that didn't happen.

patmoran2006
08-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I agree with the poster.

Granted it was against backups, but JP did look very good tonight, you can't that away from him.

djjimkelly
08-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Noone is saying Losman should start... that wasnt the point of this thread. But as a Head Coach you want to see your starter look better than your backup. All I'm saying is, tonight... that didn't happen.

thus why JP was mad no qb competition.

thus why im mad no qb competition.

and eventually the reason DICK gets fired

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I agree with the poster.

Granted it was against backups, but JP did look very good tonight, you can't that away from him.

Well Jenkins looks good. There should be a WR controvercy.

Jeff1220
08-09-2008, 08:07 PM
I've liked JP since he was drafted, but if he hasn't shown he can be a reliable starting QB yet, then he won't. What we have in JP is almost exactly what Baltimore has had in Kyle Boller. Any team needs more than that. If Trent isn't it, I trust they will move forward just as they did w/JP.

mybills
08-09-2008, 08:08 PM

Philagape
08-09-2008, 08:11 PM
It would be the first time all summer

TigerJ
08-09-2008, 09:40 PM
JP looked very good. If Trent continues to struggle and JP continues to shine, I suppose a QB controversy could develop, but I'm not expecting it. I don't think it would be good for the team. Buffalo needs to find some stability at the QB position and going back and forth is not the way to find stability.

Mitchy moo
08-09-2008, 09:47 PM
OK LOSMAN IS AMAZING I CANT BELIEVE WE ARE GNA WAIST HIS TALENT,, HE CAN BE GROOMED INTO A GREAT QB,, ITS TO EARLY FOR EDWARDS TO START,, BUT IM NO EXPERT
:band:

BuffaloBills28
08-09-2008, 09:59 PM
JP looked very good. If Trent continues to struggle and JP continues to shine, I suppose a QB controversy could develop, but I'm not expecting it. I don't think it would be good for the team. Buffalo needs to find some stability at the QB position and going back and forth is not the way to find stability.JP by no means shine d today, he played decent against scrubs and thats all, he still had a badly underthrown pass to Parrish but there was just as bad coverage so he was still able to catch it, a terrible throw to Parrish in the red zone, yeah he had a TD but what QB on our roster couldn't make that throw to Hardy? Why people are hoping on his bandwagon already is beyond me.

Historian
08-10-2008, 06:25 AM

He would also look good against Orchard Park High School, but that's not really the point, is it?

Romes
08-10-2008, 06:49 AM
The only drama is on this board. I seriously doubt that DJ is having second thoughts about the starting QB at this point.

Second, there is no competition because JP will not be a Bill next year. What would the point be in starting JP all year if you know he'll leave once the season is over?

Typ0
08-10-2008, 07:32 AM
thus why JP was mad no qb competition.

thus why im mad no qb competition.

who says there is no QB competition though? DJ said TE was the starter and the end result is there is no media circus. The staff is watching what the players are doing. They all want to win.

acehole
08-10-2008, 07:36 AM

A bunch of people on this board desparatly wanted to trade him for this reason....

yordad
08-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Noone is saying Losman should start... Actually... I am saying JP should start.

yordad
08-10-2008, 02:59 PM
The only drama is on this board. I seriously doubt that DJ is having second thoughts about the starting QB at this point.

Second, there is no competition because JP will not be a Bill next year. What would the point be in starting JP all year if you know he'll leave once the season is over?If your better, you should start.

DraftBoy
08-10-2008, 03:57 PM
JP is not the starter and never will be again unless Trent gets hurt. However that does not excuse Trent's poor play last night. Let's all just hope he looks better on Thursday...

trapezeus
08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
If DJ really had it in for JP, he'd take his time away the second he was doing well. luckily the coaching staff is making the choices and we'll see where Trent goes in the next 3 games. i assume he'll make some strides forward.

I can't believe that the JP fans don't think that just maybe the offense as a whole came out without executing and were getting dressed down and explained what needs to happen, and they fixed some of those items during the game. Hence JP looking better.

But i'm in the camp that one preseason game doesn't take away 4 years of weakness.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I agree with the poster.

I think Trent looked bad. Period.

The funny part is that Losman didn't look that good, just better than Trent.

If Parrish doesn't catch that 30 yarder, that could have just as easily been a pick, than JP's night wouldn't have been any better. Classic JP where he gets all of his yards from one or two plays.

chubluv
08-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Newsflash. You are watching a ****ty preseason game...

This is true, but wasnt it last year that TE blew away the competition and had most fans calling for him to be the starter?

acehole
08-10-2008, 10:17 PM
If DJ really had it in for JP, he'd take his time away the second he was doing well. luckily the coaching staff is making the choices and we'll see where Trent goes in the next 3 games. i assume he'll make some strides forward.

I can't believe that the JP fans don't think that just maybe the offense as a whole came out without executing and were getting dressed down and explained what needs to happen, and they fixed some of those items during the game. Hence JP looking better.

But i'm in the camp that one preseason game doesn't take away 4 years of weakness.

Ahh Trents mistakes made jp adjust to get better....

yea....

acehole
08-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I think Trent looked bad. Period.

The funny part is that Losman didn't look that good, just better than Trent.

If Parrish doesn't catch that 30 yarder, that could have just as easily been a pick, than JP's night wouldn't have been any better. Classic JP where he gets all of his yards from one or two plays.

ok but it didnt.

im4bflo
08-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Trent- 1-5 , only gets a fieldgoal after a turnover.
JP- FG, TOUCHDOWN, and 2 POINT CONVERSION.
HELLO!

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Actually... I am saying JP should start.Me too!

mybills
08-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Actually... I am saying JP should start.
seriously? i like him, but that's not how it should be..there's a year left on his contract and he's better off playing back up. They've already screwed with him as starter and were partly to blame for his value dropping. Why put him in the spotlight again..it's better this way. Trent will be fine. He's got a lot more games ahead of him to change your mind. He's got a quick release and some great weapons..you'll see.

ddaryl
08-11-2008, 08:43 AM
I was imnpressed with JP, and he was by far the better looking QB.

BUT JP came in the 2nd qrt and started facing some scrubs, so I would want to see JPand Edwards switch quarters and then get a better taste of what JP can poffer.

Washingtons 1st team D was swarming everything the Bills tried to do, JP might have struggles just the same in he was playing 1st string.

Don't Panic
08-11-2008, 08:55 AM
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'm really happy that JP looked good. I think its wonderful that he was crisp with the ball and didn't make a ton of mistakes. I look at it as a very, very good thing, and I am a TE fan. I'm not surprised at all that Trent didn't play well. It was his first season start as the named QB. I'd be more surprised if he didn't. What I won't do is fail to see the longview, and the fact that this whole conversation could be going a lot differently in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, great job JP. Good to see you had such a strong showing.

acehole
08-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Well then Trent is not go enough to face first team deffenses.

I was imnpressed with JP, and he was by far the better looking QB.

BUT JP came in the 2nd qrt and started facing some scrubs, so I would want to see JPand Edwards switch quarters and then get a better taste of what JP can poffer.

Washingtons 1st team D was swarming everything the Bills tried to do, JP might have struggles just the same in he was playing 1st string.

trapezeus
08-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Ahh Trents mistakes made jp adjust to get better....

yea....

yeah,because teams come out with lack of execution and then don't make any adjustments.

Jan Reimers
08-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Trent had 10 snaps. Let's not start a QB controversy based on 2 series in the first preseason game.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 09:10 AM
He would also look good against Orchard Park High School, but that's not really the point, is it?
For those of you who think that it doesn't even out that JP played against scrubs with scrubs then why don't we reunite him with Lee Evens and the first team to go along with Hardy and Parrish?

Do you even dare to find out what can happen? If he outshines Trent what excuses will you guys come up with next? Cmon , lets reunite JP and Lee. I'm all for it.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Trent had 10 snaps. Let's not start a QB controversy based on 2 series in the first preseason game.
I don't think Trent should lose the starting qb position at this point. It's his job to lose but if he keeps this up.... in a division the doesn't guarantee that 10-6 will make playoffs, every game counts.

yordad
08-11-2008, 09:26 AM
seriously? i like him, but that's not how it should be..there's a year left on his contract and he's better off playing back up. They've already screwed with him as starter and were partly to blame for his value dropping. Why put him in the spotlight again..it's better this way. Trent will be fine. He's got a lot more games ahead of him to change your mind. He's got a quick release and some great weapons..you'll see.Next year will matter more next year. I hope Trent does change my mind, because I know I am not changing Jauron's.

acehole
08-11-2008, 07:50 PM

i AGREE...let us wait until week 2

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:21 AM

Again JP was also playing with back ups. If thats a problem , reunite him with Lee and let HArdy play the slot. What excuses will the haters come up nest if JP connects with Lee again. And we've seen he can also connect with Hardy. Bring it.

Typ0
08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
For those of you who think that it doesn't even out that JP played against scrubs with scrubs then why don't we reunite him with Lee Evens and the first team to go along with Hardy and Parrish?

Do you even dare to find out what can happen? If he outshines Trent what excuses will you guys come up with next? Cmon , lets reunite JP and Lee. I'm all for it.

how many times are you lovers going to play this give it another chance arguement? This is at least the seventh time lovers call to put JP in again. At some point you have to get the point that he can be a servicable QB but he is never going to excel.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM
how many times are you lovers going to play this give it another chance arguement? This is at least the seventh time lovers call to put JP in again. At some point you have to get the point that he can be a servicable QB but he is never going to excel.
Are you so dense that you can't understand that all I'm arguing for is camp competition and not for Jp to just start yet I'm a lover? Seems to me you're the trent lover because you don't even want camp competition .

Typ0
08-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Are you so dense that you can't understand that all I'm arguing for is camp competition and not for Jp to just start yet I'm a lover? Seems to me you're the trent lover because you don't even want camp competition .

you get so bent out of shape about a label unless you are the one slinging it around.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
you get so bent out of shape about a label unless you are the one slinging it around.
huh? I didn't call anyone a lover. You did. Helloo! And just to sling it around to make you correct , you're a Trent licker. :D

im4bflo
08-12-2008, 08:14 PM
I agree, Typo is a licker by reading his posts, they don't want even competition
because they know Trent could easily lose his starter job, playing like he is.

guy
08-12-2008, 09:17 PM
you people are idiots

Night Train
08-14-2008, 11:58 PM
you people are idiots

That was confirmed tonight.

Mitchell55
08-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I agree, Typo is a licker by reading his posts, they don't want even competition

Thats the reason why Losman has lost his jobs at least 3-5 times a season, every time there was competition?

Ebenezer
08-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Yeah, we saw that tonight.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Thats the reason why Losman has lost his jobs at least 3-5 times a season, every time there was competition?

Losman NEVER lost his job to competition. He was given the job by default on several occassions and lost it all on his own. The staff just got tired of him and decided it was time to try something else.

ddaryl
08-15-2008, 07:27 AM
JP looked like the JP we've come to loathe.

Trent definitely won round #2.... but the play calling OL play, and Trent's play were all better last night... I am very encouraged by what I saw.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 09:22 AM
I think Trent getting the majority of the starter snaps actually gives a young QB more time to learn a new offense. the competition is just a waste, not because anyone is worried about JP winning the job, it's just that it takes away valuable time from the guy who will be the starter.

JP has been handed the starting job, won it in competition, and didn't even get a shot at it during his stay in buffalo. In all three cases, he has been inconsistent at best and at worst, just a practice star.

I'll also say this. For the horrible game trent had against Wash. and we said, "don't be so quick to judge", I'll say it again after his good game last night. This team needs consistency from every position. Last night was nice, but if we are going to endure 8 sets of two games like the last two this year, we will all lose a lot of hair by December.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 09:31 AM
In all three cases, he has been inconsistent at best and at worst, just a practice star.

I'll also say this. For the horrible game trent had against Wash. and we said, "don't be so quick to judge", I'll say it again after his good game last night. This team needs consistency from every position. Last night was nice, but if we are going to endure 8 sets of two games like the last two this year, we will all lose a lot of hair by December.

HArd to be consistent with a horrible OL and no weapons. NO way no how Trent could've been consistent either under those circumstances. We saw that last year which is why we brought in more weapons for him.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 09:32 AM
HArd to be consistent with a horrible OL and no weapons.

without peters he's going to have the same horrible OL, and the weapons upgrade is just hardy. That's not enought to make a difference. we've been down this path, Justa.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 09:37 AM
without peters he's going to have the same horrible OL, and the weapons upgrade is just hardy. That's not enought to make a difference. we've been down this path, Justa.

exactly. Which is why I wonder why people think JP should've been more consistent with less.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 09:43 AM
exactly. Which is why I wonder why people think JP should've been more consistent with less.

because we know what JP brings to the table in that situation. Trent is an unknown who has played better than JP in the exact same situations last year. Case closed.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 09:44 AM
because we know what JP brings to the table in that situation. Trent is an unknown who has played better than JP in the exact same situations last year. Case closed.

that's what is going on...but he'll never see it.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 09:47 AM

He played better running the WCO blend. Not Fairchilds system that JP was told to run.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 09:50 AM
that's what is going on...but he'll never see it.

Having a good back up is good for the team. For someone who was around during the Marv era and the PAts first sb win , you still can't see it.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 09:52 AM
he's played every system in his four years. he's shown mild levels of competence in all. I wish there was a way to make a preseason game look like a game in november with playoff implications. That way we could see the real jp with all the weapons, OL, coaching, shoes, jersey color, moon alignment and anything else he needs. My educated guess is that he throws high and low (never on target), goes 3 and out several times, our D tries to bail him out but slowly fades and in the fourth quarter when we still have a chance to win makes a bone headed decision that leaves him hanging his head. Then we'll hear his presser talking about how's he's a competitor and how he's really going to show us next week because there is nothing else to do but get ready for next week.

Justa's response: But...but 11th rated passer. and....and.....and JP cleaned up the city. and one time in band camp......

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Having a good back up is good for the team. For someone who was around during the Marv era and the PAts first sb win , you still can't see it.

you were talking about open competition. i think we all are content to hold onto JP this season for backup. we also know he's not a reich like backup.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 09:53 AM

having a good backup who has proven they can win games is good for the team...that's why we should get one.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 09:54 AM
he's played every system in his four years. he's shown mild levels of competence in all. ....
It's common knowledge you need continuity and not different systems.

I think Manning Eli proved that. All you did was show why JP failed. YOu're not making a good case for yourself.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 09:55 AM
It's common knowledge you need continuity and not different systems.

I think Manning Eli proved that.

i like how you didn't even touch the hypothetical scenario.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 09:55 AM
you were talking about open competition. i think we all are content to hold onto JP this season for backup. we also know he's not a reich like backup.

content maybe by default...but would rather have a better option.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 09:56 AM
having a good backup who has proven they can win games is good for the team...that's why we should get one.

Go make a list . I want proven facts that they will do beter than JP connecting to Parrish ,Lee and Reed. You can't. Because anyone you mention would be opinion with no facts.

Again, you select the opinions of the coaches that only agree with your opinion. The coaches like JP.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Go make a list . I want proven facts that they will do beter than JP connecting to Parrish ,Lee and Reed. You can't. Because anyone you mention would be opinion with no facts.

Again, you select the opinions of the coaches that only agree with your opinion. The coaches like JP.

how can there be proven facts when they have never played with those players? I guess that makes your arguement that you create an impossible scenario to prove a point. The only thing that has been proven is that JP can't get the job done. That has been proven. There are facts.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 09:59 AM
a couple weeks ago people were besides themselves at the thought of dumping JP for Jeff Garcia. You have to be kidding me. That would be totally awesome to have a QB the calibre of Garcia on this team instead of JP Losman.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:00 AM
i like how you didn't even touch the hypothetical scenario.

My educated guess is that he throws high and low (never on target), goes 3 and out several times, our D tries to bail him out but slowly fades and in the fourth quarter when we still have a chance to win makes a bone headed decision that leaves him hanging his head. Then we'll hear his presser talking about how's he's a competitor and how he's really going to show us next week because there is nothing else to do but get ready for next week. .
here you go 7-9 1st game. 4/5 last night. FACTS that show you have nothing but opinion.

I like that you couldn't even wiggle yourself out ogf the Eli example because it proves your comment was not so educated in the game of football. You just made an excuse for JP .

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 10:04 AM
here you go 7-9 1st game. 4/5 last night. FACTS that show you have nothing but opinion.

I like that you couldn't even wiggle yourself out ogf the Eli example because it proves your comment was not so educated in the game of football. You just made an excuse for JP .

actually, the eli thing is so stupid it's not worth commenting upon. Eli actually got weaker receivers as his season wore on, yet played better. So much for no weapons. He lost his best TE and yet played better. By coaching consistency, do you mean the guy who almost lost his job and had to make drastic changes last year. That consistency? Ok.

Throw all the JP stats you want in Preseason. when games count, JP goes and hides in his hole.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 10:06 AM
you want to talk about facts? Let's take a look at JPs win loss record.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 10:09 AM

you can't do that Typo. you have to go off 2006 passer ratings. That is from the FTP school of thought.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:09 AM
actually, the eli thing is so stupid it's not worth commenting upon. Eli actually got weaker receivers as his season wore on, yet played better. So much for no weapons. He lost his best TE and yet played better. By coaching consistency, do you mean the guy who almost lost his job and had to make drastic changes last year. That consistency? Ok.

Eli, had continuity in coaching , system and supporting cast. Only those who don't know football will say it isn't important to a developing qb.

Again, ELI is proof. How about Marv's era. There was continuity. I can list a bunch of examples but if you can't see it with those 2 alone ,can't help you.

You can argue with success , whats proven and common sense all you want.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:10 AM
:rofl: We've done this before. In your world it's all the qb's fault.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:11 AM
you can't do that Typo. you have to go off 2006 passer ratings. That is from the FTP school of thought.

So I see you couldn't argue with the facts the last 2 games a bout JP's accuracy. Yeah, go to typo for help. :snicker:

Typ0
08-15-2008, 10:13 AM
So I see you couldn't argue with the facts the last 2 games a bout JP's accuracy. Yeah, go to typo for help. :snicker:

he can come here...but I'll just point him towards OBD for the answers he's looking for.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:19 AM
he can come here...but I'll just point him towards OBD for the answers he's looking for.

you mean selective OBD answers? OBD think that JP is the best back up at this point. You disagree with them.

Dujek
08-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Eli, had continuity in coaching , system and supporting cast. Only those who don't know football will say it isn't important to a developing qb.

Again, ELI is proof. How about Marv's era. There was continuity. I can list a bunch of examples but if you can't see it with those 2 alone ,can't help you.

You can argue with success , whats proven and common sense all you want.

Just because Losman didn't have continuity in those things doesn't mean he would definitely have succeeded with them.
He is entertaining (but infuriating) to watch, he has a great long ball, he seems to have a good work ethic. Unfortunately he didn't click in Buffalo and I don't think he ever will, no matter how many chances he is given.

Wherever he ends up I hope he succeeds, but the one thing I know is that barring injury he will not be the starter in Buffalo again. Not necessarily because Edwards is better, but because the coaches believe that Edwards is their guy. I believe Edwards is good enough to lead this team to the playoffs. I also believe that in the right system Losman might still take a team to the playoffs, but I honestly don't think he fits in Buffalo.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 10:25 AM

you just spin in circles, justa. You start with:
1. "i agree jp should be the back up."
2. people complain that JP isn't even really a good back up (with more than enough reasons)
3. you bring up random stats like 11th rated passer, no weapons, no coaching.
4. People say we'll go with wins, and QBs who will have the same poor weapons and poor coaching that JP had but did more with it. We even tell you that you sound like FTP who wants us to believe that the Dolphins are better than the bills caused their O and D is ranked higher.
5. then you complain that trent doesn't have the long ball
6. We say he uses it sparingly and is a rookie learning how to play
7. "these are excuses"
8. We give up talking to you because you come off as an idiot.
9. you create a new hater/lover debate. some of us jump in hoping that for once you can see the light.
10. You now are convinced there should be open competition.
11. No one knows why that makes anysense. JP is a practice star (when he can stay healthy at practive). Trent is a young QB who needs all the reps he can get. Afterall, Jp got jobbed by the system. you wouldn't want to see that happen all over again.
12. "I'm a bills fan, not a player fan. That being said, i still want JP to be on the team and to potentially have my babies if that pesky thing called science and nature can be manipulated."
13. We bring up more of JP's failures.
14. you talk about other teams and other decades of bills football where there is no real comparison.

15. Everyone gives up and lets you live in your magical land of stupidity.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 10:25 AM
you mean selective OBD answers? OBD think that JP is the best back up at this point. You disagree with them.

they think that because he is the best backup on the roster. If any other team had an interest in him we'd have another guy here.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Just because Losman didn't have continuity in those things doesn't mean he would definitely have succeeded with them.
and I never said he would but you can't fault him for that either.

Wherever he ends up I hope he succeeds,
.I agree. Just like I wished Reich would succeed when he left. The others here act like he's RJ and want to see him fail.

but the one thing I know is that barring injury he will not be the starter in Buffalo again.
I agree but if he does come in, I want him to succeed where others here want to see him fail not thinking how it would affect the team.

Not necessarily because Edwards is better, but because the coaches believe that Edwards is their guy. I believe Edwards is good enough to lead this team to the playoffs. I also believe that in the right system Losman might still take a team to the playoffs, but I honestly don't think he fits in Buffalo.. I like Trent and have alwys said he's got tons of potential. I however am tired of potential. UNlike guys like Typo and Trap, I've learned my lesson.

JP had tons of potential after 06.Robosack was potential as was Tod Collins.

THis is why I wanted to make sure the Trent wasn't all potential only. After last night Trent looked like he's living up to his potential. I was in cloud 9. But lets see it on a more consistent level before I say he's our franchise qb.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 10:28 AM
you've given up on potential...but you still insist JP has something to offer. Talk about a paradox.

Dujek
08-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I agree but if he does come in, I want him to succeed where others here want to see him fail not thinking how it would affect the team.

I certainly agree with you here. If Losman comes in for Edwards for whatever reason I hope he lights the place up. I don't think he will, but it would be nice if it happened.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:32 AM
I certainly agree with you here. If Losman comes in for Edwards for whatever reason I hope he lights the place up. I don't think he will, but it would be nice if it happened.

Sad that typo and trap don't feel the same. Player fans.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:33 AM
you've given up on potential...but you still insist JP has something to offer. Talk about a paradox.

He has especially as a back up. If you don't see that he already has chemistry with Lee, Parrish and Reed. you're blinded by your hatred as usual.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 10:43 AM
He has especially as a back up. If you don't see that he already has chemistry with Lee, Parrish and Reed. you're blinded by your hatred as usual.

I see what looks like chemistry in some games and on some plays...on others he'd probably have chemistry if he'd adjust to the defense or not throw the ball too high or low. but oh wait, that is a problem with the coaching and the system.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I see what looks like chemistry in some games and on some plays...on others he'd probably have chemistry if he'd adjust to the defense or not throw the ball too high or low. but oh wait, that is a problem with the coaching and the system.

I don't care if it's some plays or a lot of plays. Point is he has proven chemistry that the imaginary back up qb in your head doesn't. :D

Typ0
08-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I don't care if it's some plays or a lot of plays. Point is he has proven chemistry that the imaginary back up qb in your head doesn't. :D

yeah so you get 20% chemistry and 80% crap and you are happy with that...and you call yourself a team fan.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:50 AM
yeah so you get 20% chemistry and 80% crap and you are happy with that...and you call yourself a team fan.
that applied to Trent as well but not in your double standard world.

Gotta run PLAYER fan.

GO BILLS!!!

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 10:56 AM
justa, your done putting faith in QB's with potential, so you still witha QB who has no potential. Nice.

If wanting the best players to be on the team to make the most difference is what you consider a "player fan". then i'm a player fan.

however, most people who defend a guy who is barely cutting it as a back up and will be out of the league in 3 years a player fan. and for no reason.

What's particularly amazing is that i was rooting for JP through draft til mid 07. When he was passed by a rookie, i saw the writing on the wall. when i saw the jacksonville game, i knew it would never change. He was not worth a all the picks we gave the cowboys. if you saw this happen to another team you'd laugh at the bust they got.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 10:58 AM
justa, your done putting faith in QB's with potential, so you still witha QB who has no potential. Nice.

If wanting the best players to be on the team to make the most difference is what you consider a "player fan". then i'm a player fan.

however, most people who defend a guy who is barely cutting it as a back up and will be out of the league in 3 years a player fan. and for no reason.

What's particularly amazing is that i was rooting for JP through draft til mid 07. When he was passed by a rookie, i saw the writing on the wall. when i saw the jacksonville game, i knew it would never change. He was not worth a all the picks we gave the cowboys. if you saw this happen to another team you'd laugh at the bust they got.

I want the best one on the field. Not the best potential. Until they live up to that potential ,the best player plays. That goes for every position.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I want the best one on the field. Not the best potential. Until they live up to that potential ,the best player plays. That goes for every position.

the best one was trent all of last season and all through camp. so now you can shut your mouth on this.

acehole
08-15-2008, 11:09 AM

Oh but wait he was more accurate then Trent last year...

Wait then my statement doent make any sense....

Wait I might sound like I am just making statements because I hate JP...

Wait.....

acehole
08-15-2008, 11:18 AM
the best one was trent all of last season and all through camp. so now you can shut your mouth on this.

Trent is the starter.

JP the back up.

JP was marginally better statistically last year.

Was this a turn the corner game for Trent?

Let us hope so and let us hope Trents performance improves from last year.

We cant go far with a 29 or 30th best qb.

We have a team well built for wins this year (Finally) and if
Thursday was not a fluke we will be fine at the qb position
with Trent starting (As witnessed this week) and JP a capable back up (as witnessed last week.).

However as the trent fans pointed out it is only preseason and we should not make to much of it.......or should we...I cant remember as you guys change your minds with the wind....

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 11:22 AM
However as the trent fans pointed out it is only preseason and we should not make to much of it.......or should we...I cant remember as you guys change your minds with the wind....

you'd make George W proud. no matter how wrong you are on a topic, you'll stick with it.

Again, if you'd like to consulate FTP on what matter more rankings or wins, i'll be excited to see what you find out.

acehole
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM

You insist he doesnt...is the problem.

The front office disagrees.

Hmm typo...or front office...

Hmm hard to answer....

acehole
08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
you'd make George W proud. no matter how wrong you are on a topic, you'll stick with it.

Again, if you'd like to consulate FTP on what matter more rankings or wins, i'll be excited to see what you find out.

What am I wrong about?

Link please.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 11:37 AM
You insist he doesnt...is the problem.

The front office disagrees.

Hmm typo...or front office...

Hmm hard to answer....

don't put words in the front offices mouth. they looked for a deal for him in the draft and didn't find anything.

Also you and justa seem so hell bent on spurning the coaches and front office, even if the FO thought, "lets keep him because we like him as a back up", you hate all their other moves.

Clearly, there is some irrational connection to JP that makes no sense to the other 99% of bills fans.

acehole
08-15-2008, 11:39 AM
a couple weeks ago people were besides themselves at the thought of dumping JP for Jeff Garcia. You have to be kidding me. That would be totally awesome to have a QB the calibre of Garcia on this team instead of JP Losman.

Yes and the same could be said about Farve for Trent and...

Yes you have to be kidding me.

To easy....

acehole
08-15-2008, 11:46 AM
don't put words in the front offices mouth. they looked for a deal for him in the draft and didn't find anything.

Also you and justa seem so hell bent on spurning the coaches and front office, even if the FO thought, "lets keep him because we like him as a back up", you hate all their other moves.

Clearly, there is some irrational connection to JP that makes no sense to the other 99% of bills fans.

Fo office has made a lot of mistakes.

The coaches have also..they lost at least 3 games for us last year.

You assume because nobody gave 1 or 2 or 3 for a guy that is going to be a FA next year...that means he has no value.

JP will have multiple offers next year because teams are not blind to the fact that the 2007 buffalo bills were a joke of a roster with injuries with a joke of an offensive coordinater. Last in many catagories on both sides of the ball.

Trent had a good game....let us leave it at that.

acehole
08-15-2008, 11:49 AM

This is the best break down of how I feel and felt.

Why the simple gets twisted and contorted on this board is beyond me.

Typ0
08-15-2008, 11:58 AM
This is the best break down of how I feel and felt.

Why the simple gets twisted and contorted on this board is beyond me.

it's because you guys assume JP is the best player even though the results have indicated otherwise and so have the other professionals.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I really think that Losman belongs in another scheme, on another roster. This is not the team for him.

He looks like a first year player out there 50% of the time.

After last night, and JP's inability to avoid the sacks like Trent did on his first TD pass, I think JP is not our best option at backup anymore.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 01:02 PM
2 things to point out.
1. if, in your mind, JP is best because he has experience andyou don't want to roll the dice on trent edwards, then you seem to be afraid of the risk of finding out who a better option may be. you are content with weak play because you're afraid it could be worse. Yes, it could be worse, but the expectation is that he won't be.
2. i don't see losman being picked up by a team that wants him. he'll be picked up by a team that needs him. this is not a hater point. i just don't see why another weak team would want a player who has struggled, when they can draft high and help ticket sales. also jp's small school stature doesn't help him have connections to coaches who could vouch for him. he's got a tough job in finding a new gig unless he can play well if given a chance.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
After last night, and JP's inability to avoid the sacks like Trent did on his first TD pass, I think JP is not our best option at backup anymore.

Haha! Does that mean that after the redskins game, Trent was longer the best qb for this team? You're hilarious.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
it's because you guys assume JP is the best player even though the results have indicated otherwise and so have the other professionals.

did you go to college? We are not making assumptions which is why we wanted competition. Once again, seems to me the coaches who are porffessionals seem to think JP is the best option at back qb. You seem to be quiet about what those pros think.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 03:07 PM
did you go to college? We are not making assumptions which is why we wanted competition. Once again, seems to me the coaches who are porffessionals seem to think JP is the best option at back qb. You seem to be quiet about what those pros think.

wrong.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 03:08 PM
wrong.
he's on the team. He's the no. 2. I have facts you have nothing

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 03:09 PM
he's on the team. He's the no. 2. I have facts you have nothing

nope....still wrong.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 03:10 PM
nope....still wrong.

no answer huh?Thought so.

trapezeus
08-15-2008, 03:17 PM
no answer huh?Thought so.

no, people have given you plenty of answers and you ignore them. So there is no point is telling you over and over that JP is a bust. anytime people cite his pathetic record over 4 years you have some assinine comment that makes no sense. You waffle between accepting the backup role and wanting open competition. you continuously put words into people's mouths that we want JP to fail or are nervous of a competiton.

You also cite meaningless stats and can't handle the fact JP can only beat up on weak teams. he hasn't been relevent in any big game or against any decent teams. but you keep blowing the horn that JP just needs his chance. it's like watching FTP be all excited about Beck. it's weak.

And that's why from here on out, if i disagree with you on your boneheaded comments that i'll simply just post "wrong". Because that is what you will be.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Haha! Does that mean that after the redskins game, Trent was longer the best qb for this team? You're hilarious.

Trent had one bad game, JP's had 5 bad years.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 03:22 PM
no, people have given you plenty of answers and you ignore them. So there is no point is telling you over and over that JP is a bust. anytime people cite his pathetic record over 4 years you have some assinine comment that makes no sense. You waffle between accepting the backup role and wanting open competition. you continuously put words into people's mouths that we want JP to fail or are nervous of a competiton.

You also cite meaningless stats and can't handle the fact JP can only beat up on weak teams. he hasn't been relevent in any big game or against any decent teams. but you keep blowing the horn that JP just needs his chance. it's like watching FTP be all excited about Beck. it's weak.

And that's why from here on out, if i disagree with you on your boneheaded comments that i'll simply just post "wrong". Because that is what you will be.
Dick says I'm right. He's the best back up for this team.

justasportsfan
08-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Trent had one bad game, JP's had 5 bad years.
read your own post. You said he's not the best as a BACK UP because of 1 preseason game. where he went 4/5.

Therefore based on 1 preseason game , Trent wasn't the best qb based on the redskins game. :crazy: Dumb logic.

acehole
08-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I really think that Losman belongs in another scheme, on another roster. This is not the team for him.

He looks like a first year player out there 50% of the time.

OMG hurrican...go look at who was blocking at the time...geeze you are smarter then this....

HHURRICANE
08-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Again JP was also playing with back ups. If thats a problem , reunite him with Lee and let HArdy play the slot. What excuses will the haters come up nest if JP connects with Lee again. And we've seen he can also connect with Hardy. Bring it.

Well, he would have to avoid the sacks and get rid of the ball in less than 7 seconds.

HHURRICANE
08-15-2008, 03:48 PM
read your own post. You said he's not the best as a BACK UP because of 1 preseason game. where he went 4/5.

Therefore based on 1 preseason game , Trent wasn't the best qb based on the redskins game. Dumb logic.

Same old JP and same old Justa defending him.

:rolleyes:

acehole
08-15-2008, 03:54 PM
1. I was never content with weak play from losmen.
...I was also not content with a weak team around him.

Yes you are right I was afraid of Trent and still am to some degree because I dont like grooming rookies at the qb postion...certainly not based on anything I saw on the field last year with the exception of the WASh game he looked real good...and then you see a cowboy game and wonder WTF?

2. We shall see. At this point knowbody knows on your second point.

Trap lets leave it at this at least you atempt to critically think about this.

Jp was not in the best situation here and his time here has past...

He was never good enough to overcome the 2007 Bills and all of there injuries and shortcommings that have been covered by 1000 posts..

JP may end up with some other team and a 50 to 50 chance he will do well.

Trent was the new regimes choice and the bills are willing to wait for him to improve beyond last years 29th rated statues.

Trent conversly is in a good situation, IE Running game, multiple weapons a scheme for his talents and a defense that should improve from last in the NFL in run and pass defense....and a FO and fans who want him here.

Is that fair?

Can the bashing end?

Can we agree?

2 things to point out.
1. if, in your mind, JP is best because he has experience andyou don't want to roll the dice on trent edwards, then you seem to be afraid of the risk of finding out who a better option may be. you are content with weak play because you're afraid it could be worse. Yes, it could be worse, but the expectation is that he won't be.
2. i don't see losman being picked up by a team that wants him. he'll be picked up by a team that needs him. this is not a hater point. i just don't see why another weak team would want a player who has struggled, when they can draft high and help ticket sales. also jp's small school stature doesn't help him have connections to coaches who could vouch for him. he's got a tough job in finding a new gig unless he can play well if given a chance.

acehole
08-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Same old JP and same old Justa defending him.

:rolleyes:

Justa will always use your own logic against you...it is fair game in a debate.

Mr. Pink
08-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Justa will always use your own logic against you...it is fair game in a debate.

That's because Justa has no argument of his own.

Oaf
08-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I think the majority on this board would agree that after what we've seen of Edwards, he has the potential to play at, or close to, Pro Bowl levels (Top 5 or 6 QBs in AFC). I also believe he can perform under pressure and does not lack the nerves or leadership to play in a Super Bowl. I say that because I also believe that Edwards is just as skittish playing the Pats on the road as he is at home against Miami. That's the biggest advantage over JP IMO.

Now if he performs at full potential in 2009, we get a playoff caliber O (not there yet) and D (very close or maybe we are there) I could see a SB run.

With all that said, I believe the real question is where does JP fit? I believe he is more talented than Edwards and is a good team player. If he reached full potential, I don't doubt he could be a top 5 QB in the NFL. But he's a good team player, not a great leader. And although he is more talented, his biggest consistency is his inconsistency, especially in big games. His nerves get to him and sometimes he can't put an easy situation away and can also get engulfed in hard situations. I just don't know if he's capable of leading a team past a round 1 win with his nerves. If he were to overcome his streaky play and skittishness, and had a tailored system (nope), I could see a SB run and PB appearance.

How can he do that, you ask? Well, simply put, give him what the Giants gave Eli Manning. Give him uninterrupted experience to learn how to be a QB apart from flinging it around. We didn't, and JP's career may be forfeit in return. Go Bills.

acehole
08-16-2008, 05:07 PM
They did right be Eli.....It was text book.

Trent is in a similar situation IMHO.

Good Defense(On paper).

Running game.

Offense taylored to his stregths with multiple weapons.

Ball contol...game manage....

Juron hitched his wagon to Trent...I dont think he is changing his mind.

The FO has made it for him anyway.

We should be fine.