PDA

View Full Version : Merged threads *****ing about TE and JP.

Pages : [1] 2

djjimkelly
08-09-2008, 07:42 PM
please ground me. because i would really love to hear it!!!!!!!!

why is losman looking so good?

and someone else not so much?

more cowbell
08-09-2008, 07:43 PM

go bills

bills_7
08-09-2008, 07:44 PM
JP'S THE MAN PLAIN AND SIMPLE,, nothing agisnt edwards but it shouldnt be his time right now

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Because every player on the Redskins team right now is a starter and we still have 3 starters out there. Dont make this into some JP is the best forum. Losman has made about 3 dumb decisions all ready.

djjimkelly
08-09-2008, 07:47 PM
by the way ive been banned from the gameday thread.

i guess some people cant handle the more talented QB looks better then the new hope that our franchise is trying to sell tickets with!!!!!!!!!

djjimkelly
08-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Because every player on the Redskins team right now is a starter and we still have 3 starters out there. Dont make this into some JP is the best forum. Losman has made about 3 dumb decisions all ready.

please list them? i have the game on tivo!!

what the 2 second sack on first drive. lol

please dont make this into a bashing JP thread

be happy we a talent like JP on this roster!!!!!!!!!!

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 07:50 PM

i guess some people cant handle the more talented QB looks better then the new hope that our franchise is trying to sell tickets with!!!!!!!!!

Thats it. Losman is more talented. Hes just not a good QB. Losman is one of the most talented QB in the NFL. He just cant put those into a good QB. This is also the team that stuffed Addai and played great vs the Colts starters. They had there offense in tact and the Colts defense was in tact except for Sanders and Freeney. We were missing Whitner and Crowell on D and it showed.

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 07:51 PM
please list them? i have the game on tivo!!

what the 2 second sack on first drive. lol

please dont make this into a bashing JP thread

be happy we a talent like JP on this roster!!!!!!!!!!

The pass to Parrish. The pass to Jackson. Looking at only 1 player in the 1st redzone drive and not even looking Hardys way.

djjimkelly
08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
The pass to Parrish. The pass to Jackson. Looking at only 1 player in the 1st redzone drive and not even looking Hardys way.

sorry very poor examples.

both balls on money both effective to the part JP had to do with the play.

tampabay25690
08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Honestly I have always liked JP, I still think he is the better QB...
Edwards reminds me of a KELLY HOLCOMB only likes to check down to the short routes

feelthepain
08-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Ummmm game one pre season, no matter who starts and who doesn't it's week one of the pre season...perspective!!!!!!!!

djjimkelly
08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Ummmm game one pre season, no matter who starts and who doesn't it's week one of the pre season...perspective!!!!!!!!

i agree feel 100000000%

i just wish i knew why there is no QB competition.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 08:06 PM

whoever did that was pretty lame. Why wasn't FTY banned from that thread?

Mr. Pink
08-09-2008, 08:09 PM
whoever did that was pretty lame. Why wasn't FTY banned from that thread?

Because I want to be banned from this one!

djjimkelly
08-09-2008, 08:11 PM

LOL

Devin
08-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Trent threw 5 passes in the first quarter of the first pre-season game of the year.

Ill get back to you after week 2-3.

JP Ive seen continually suck ass, Trent ill need to see more of to know for sure.

JPFBillsFan
JP Losman 2008 = Drew Brees 2005......

Question is where will JP end up next year starting for someone else....

JP > TE

Mitchell55
i agree feel 100000000%

The reason there is no QB competition is because JP is always good in TC and Preseason and sucks in game situation. Losman will always look better in games that dont count. I dont even feel good about him comming in if there is a injury.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 08:13 PM
lol. I have no problem with what you said there. The qb debate is relevant to the game. It's who made the decision to ban one side thats lame

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 08:14 PM
sorry very poor examples.

both balls on money both effective to the part JP had to do with the play.

I knew you would say that. If JP threw a INT, you would say it was the recievers fault. Sorry I bothered.

Devin
08-09-2008, 08:15 PM

JP > TE

:rofl:

camelcowboy
08-09-2008, 08:18 PM
i agree feel 100000000%

jp is a turd no matter how much you polish it against the redskins scrubs it's still a turd. Jp is a great athlete but he has mush for brains. He makes one read then it's the deer in the headlight routine. It's not that Edwards is that much better then jp, jp has shown he doesn't have it. Deal with it.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 08:20 PM
jp is a turd no matter how much you polish it against the redskins scrubs it's still a turd. Jp is a great athlete but he has mush for brains. He makes one read then it's the dear in the headlight routine. It's not that Edwards is that much better then jp, jp has shown he doesn't have it. Deal with it.
we're in trouble because the turd looked better than the starter.

Kenny
08-09-2008, 08:24 PM
we're in trouble because the turd looked better than the starter.

problem is Losman isnt good enough to win. Losman will always be Losman.

While I still have alot of doubts about Edwards (I actually think JP is better at this point), we still dont know how Edwards will do (and we already know this team wont go far with Losman).

So Im all for going for Edwards... at least for the first few games of the season. But he's on a very very tight leash.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 08:26 PM
problem is Losman isnt good enough to win. Losman will always be Losman.

While I still have alot of doubts about Edwards (I actually think JP is better at this point), we still dont know how Edwards will do (and we already know this team wont go far with Losman).

So Im all for going for Edwards... at least for the first few games of the season. But he's on a very very tight leash.

I have a feeling we'll be dinking and dunking with Trent. Turk might be another Turd. I hope not. BUt I am neither here nor there with the O .Wasn't disappointed but I was bored too.

Typ0
08-09-2008, 08:28 PM
I see the lickers are up to their old tricks...clinging to meaningless examples of JPs greatness.

Mr. Pink
08-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Come on JP is great, he should be a hall of famer.

Look at his talent.

Why can't he play?

Oh wait, cuz he's garbage.

Philagape
08-09-2008, 08:40 PM
What's funny is with most people, a QB has to play well consistently to draw the kind of praise we're seeing tonight. How far standards fall.

He's looked good before. Never lasted.

njsue
08-09-2008, 08:40 PM

First usual mistake SACKED.

Second over threw the WR's

Same ol problems. How long has this guy been on the team?

Hamdan STINKS BTW.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 08:42 PM
names are names and I wasn't the one slinging them around first. You want to weigh in on a name calling thread then expect some name calling. Otherwise take your own advice and leave.
you guys hate JP even as a back up. So it's just irght to call you haters. Licker is different. Still nothing to say about the qbs huh? Thats right, JP was better.

You don't have to leave really. This qb debate will last the whole week . Lets see if you can defend Trent this entire week. You can't and you'll be calling people names again.

I still say. qb competition.

njsue
08-09-2008, 08:43 PM

JP > TE

YIKES :scared:

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 08:44 PM
What's funny is with most people, a QB has to play well consistently to draw the kind of praise we're seeing tonight. How far standards fall.

well if its consistency you're looking for, Trent has been consistently bad since the end of last year. Not a god sign.

Let the Qb competition begin

Typ0
08-09-2008, 08:44 PM

many people here care a lot more about being right than getting good production from our QB position.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 08:45 PM
many people here care a lot more about being right than getting good production from our QB position.
yeah. You top that list. Thats why I want a qb competition.

Mr. Pink
08-09-2008, 08:49 PM

Why do you insist on wanting a guy in there who obviously can't get the job done and hasn't since his 2nd season. 3 seasons, 3 seasons of futility. And you want more?

He hasn't progressed at all along the way, in fact, he's as bad now as he was from day 1.

Why?

Typ0
08-09-2008, 08:53 PM
you guys hate JP even as a back up. So it's just irght to call you haters. Licker is different. Still nothing to say about the qbs huh? Thats right, JP was better.

You don't have to leave really. This qb debate will last the whole week . Lets see if you can defend Trent this entire week. You can't and you'll be calling people names again.

I still say. qb competition.

honestly, I agree with you about the QB competition. There should be one. None of these unproven jokers should have a guaranteed job right now. Nothing good is going to come of that. But I also very busy with some serious stuff right now and am not going to banter back and forth about these QBs any more. I want good production from the QB position. JP has had a lot of chances and hasn't provided it. He's looked good at times and horrible others. If he's going to provide it now then get him in there I'm ready for him...I just don't have any dillusions of him doing it since he supposedly looked good in the second quarter of the first preseason game of the year.

Typ0
08-09-2008, 08:54 PM

I'm no where near that.

Typ0
08-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Why do you insist on wanting a guy in there who obviously can't get the job done and hasn't since his 2nd season. 3 seasons, 3 seasons of futility. And you want more?

He hasn't progressed at all along the way, in fact, he's as bad now as he was from day 1.

Why?

because of the potential.

mybills
08-09-2008, 08:58 PM

because JP has more experience.
I don't agree that you should be banned from a game thread..it's your team too..but c'mon, that answer is a no brainer. Trent needs time.

bills_7
08-09-2008, 09:00 PM
like i said b4 if JP got as many chances as joey harenton he would be amazing but JP doesnt get a long enough chance to get comfortable and get rid of his mistakes

justasportsfan

Why?
because the guy they are starting isn't proven and so far doesn't seem to be any better. If we grabbed Brady or some proven qb then I say get rid of both. Is that so hard to understand?

bills_7
all in all jp is the man deal with it

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 09:02 PM
honestly, I agree with you about the QB competition. There should be one. None of these unproven jokers should have a guaranteed job right now. Nothing good is going to come of that. But I also very busy with some serious stuff right now and am not going to banter back and forth about these QBs any more. I want good production from the QB position. JP has had a lot of chances and hasn't provided it. He's looked good at times and horrible others. If he's going to provide it now then get him in there I'm ready for him...I just don't have any dillusions of him doing it since he supposedly looked good in the second quarter of the first preseason game of the year.thats all I ever wanted a qb competition yet I get labeled a licker by you guys. i like Trent. NO one here fought for him being drafted when he was except for me. But I want the best players to start. No the on with the best POTENTIAL. JP had awsome pOTENTIAL after 06. Trent has the POTENTIAL to achieve what JP did in 06 (or better) but he hasn't yet.

Until you tell me that JP was given every possible chance to win with good coaching, OL, wrs then I'lll say yeah, he's had his FAIR shot. You can't Only an idiot will say JP was in a dream situation to succeed.

mybills
08-09-2008, 09:03 PM
because the guy they are starting isn't proven and so far doesn't seem to be any better. If we grabbed Brady or some proven qb then I say get rid of the both. I that so hard to understand?
yes, he's a browns fan. :snicker:

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 09:05 PM
because of the potential.
the same can be said about Trent. He's all potential.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 09:07 PM
after what Derek Anderson did last year, he still blasts derek. Derek is waaay better than Trent yet he fights for Trent.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm no where near that.
the way you go bonkers when someone supports JP, you sure could've fooled me.

Typ0
08-09-2008, 09:09 PM
the same can be said about Trent. He's all potential.

but TE hasn't proven he can't get the job done yet.

Losman4Life
08-09-2008, 09:09 PM

Right on my brother!!

Edwards sucks and JP was making short and deep throws with ease?

The haters just don't want to face reality that JP is way better and will win his starting job back by opening day!

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 09:11 PM
but TE hasn't proven he can't get the job done yet.
he also hasn't proven he's better than JP. Thats why I'm fighting for "may the best man win". You have Turk who has no OC experience and Dick who has a record of making bad OC decisions his entire career calling the shots. You wonder why I am worried about these guys annointing anyone?

Typ0
08-09-2008, 09:13 PM
the way you go bonkers when someone supports JP, you sure could've fooled me.

that statement just proves to me you really are only interested in supporting your position and not listening to what is being said in controversy.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 09:19 PM
that statement just proves to me you really are only interested in supporting your position and not listening to what is being said in controversy.
I've listened to both. I see it when they play. JP could've built on to whaqt he did in 06. They didn't add any suuport in 07 in hte passing game. The OL was revamped and struggling a t the earilier part of last season. The players said it themselves. Fairchild had no answer to those who knew his style and the better option was to play if safe. Trent was a better play it safe qb who played like a rookie Holcomb.

It's no secret, Dick is conservative when it comes to O's. He tries to win it via the D. D's have gotten faster and stronger. If he thinks his conservative O he had in Chicago with Miller will cut it, he's wrong.

Philagape
08-09-2008, 09:19 PM
like i said b4 if JP got as many chances as joey harenton he would be amazing but JP doesnt get a long enough chance to get comfortable and get rid of his mistakes

Bring back Rob Johnson! He got even fewer chances than JP! :insane:

mybills
08-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Why can't everyone just root for Trent and JP. They're BOTH on this team. :mad:

njsue
08-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Bring back Rob Johnson! He got even fewer chances than JP! :insane:

:roflmao:

Typ0
08-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I've listened to both. I see it when they play. JP could've built on to whaqt he did in 06. They didn't add any suuport in 07 in hte passing game. The OL was revamped and struggling a t the earilier part of last season. The players said it themselves. Fairchild had no answer to those who knew his style and the better option was to play if safe. Trent was a better play it safe qb who played like a rookie Holcomb.

It's no secret, Dick is conservative when it comes to O's. He tries to win it via the D. D's have gotten faster and stronger. If he thinks his conservative O he had in Chicago with Miller will cut it, he's wrong.

I did not see what you saw in 07. I saw JP tanking again. He does the same thing over and over. If he does well to start things go OK for him. If he doesn't he tanks. He never comes back. He doesn't have the mental fortitude to get his head out of his ass and get thigns together and move forward. He became Mr. 3 and out and TE came in and moved the ball. He also threw long balls. TE has an arm you just cling to the dink and dunk arguement because you want to put him down because he's not your guy. If that's not how you feel that's the way you come off.

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 09:34 PM
I did not see what you saw in 07. I saw JP tanking again. He does the same thing over and over. If he does well to start things go OK for him. If he doesn't he tanks. He never comes back. He doesn't have the mental fortitude to get his head out of his ass and get thigns together and move forward. He became Mr. 3 and out and TE came in and moved the ball. He also threw long balls. TE has an arm you just cling to the dink and dunk arguement because you want to put him down because he's not your guy. If that's not how you feel that's the way you come off.

This is where the problem is. Blame everything on JP. THe OL struggled to gel early on. . The Oc was called out by the players and they would know better than anyone on this board . Even Marv said JP was being harshly criticzed and it wasn't entirely his fault. Did you miss that too?
It doesn't get any clearer when even Dick himself brought it bigger TE's and wrs. He knows that Trent (or anyone)too won't succeed under the same conditions Jp was in.

Even Turk pretty much blasted Fairchilds playcalling last year.

I don't care if it's Manning or Brady, you need supporting cast. THey brought in Welker and Moss to help out Brady. Who did we bring in? Manning has Wayne and Harrison. What did he do when Harrison got injured last year.

TE has an arm. I know that . Rob Johnson had an arm too but he never took chances witht he ball . He never trusted his players. Just like Trent admitted he needed to trust this and that players.

Thats all JP fault right?

Typ0
08-09-2008, 09:41 PM
This is where the problem is. Blame everything on JP. THe OL struggled to gel early on. . The Oc was called out by the players and they would know better than anyone on this board . Even Marv said JP was being harshly criticzed and it wasn't entirely his fault. Did you miss that too?
It doesn't get any clearer when even Dick himself brought it bigger TE's and wrs.

I don't care if it's Manning or Brady, you need supporting cast. THey brought in Welker and Moss to help out Brady. Who did we bring in? Manning has Wayne and Harrison. What did he do when Harrison got injured last year.

TE has an arm. I know that . Rob Johnson had an arm too but he never took chances witht he ball . He never trusted his players. Just like Trent admitted he needed to trust this and that players.

bad coaching did not cause JP to throw consistent medium range passes in the dirt. You can blame it all on coaching if you want at some point the players on the field have to execute and it all starts with the QB.

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Schouman dropped 1, Jackson dropped 1, hardy ran wrong route, Schouman stopped on pass in endzone. None of his incompletions were his fault.

Bling
08-09-2008, 09:43 PM
:::

justasportsfan
08-09-2008, 09:44 PM
bad coaching did not cause JP to throw consistent medium range passes in the dirt. You can blame it all on coaching if you want at some point the players on the field have to execute and it all starts with the QB.
Nobody is saying JP needs his short passes to be fixed. He ran with the ball in college. He sure looked better than Trent tonigt both long and short didn't he?

Philagape
08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry, stat lines are enough to judge. Just like last year. :nono:

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry, stat lines are enough to judge. Just like last year. :nono:

Sarcasm?

Philagape
08-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Sarcasm?

oh that's right, you're a newbie. Sorry.

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 09:47 PM
oh that's right, you're a newbie. Sorry.

Im not a newbie. Ive been here for the whole year.

Typ0
08-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Nobody is saying JP needs his short passes to be fixed. He ran with the ball in college. He sure looked better than Trent tonigt both long and short didn't he?

I didn't really see that much of the game...I know TE did not play much and you can't really draw any conclusions on five throws. JP played longer. He played after the beginning of the first game jitters had slowed down. Not making excuses but you can't really compare these guys performances tonight and draw any meaningfull conclusions.

Bling
08-09-2008, 09:49 PM

No... you're a newbie.

patmoran2006
08-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I refuse to say a QB didnt play well when he had all of 5 passes for the game.

Did Baker suck? He only got to throw 3 passes I think, 2 as the seconds ticked off from his own goaline.

Philagape
08-09-2008, 09:51 PM

Relatively.

Buffatexas
08-09-2008, 10:25 PM
nice to see that someone paid attention tonight. The other threads just make me so anxious for the season to start....(sarcasm)

Sincerely, thank you ML23 for paying attention

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 10:33 PM
No... you're a newbie.

Dude, you have anger issues.

im4bflo
08-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Looks like Edwards is going to fieldgoal them to death again this year.
You did watch the same game, right?
JP to the rook... TOUCHDOWN!!!!
You saw that too, right?
Let me put my extra high boots on, before the excuses start piling up.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Really?

im4bflo
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
BUT HE DIDN'T!

LtFinFan66
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
No... you're a newbie.As MLynch23 he is a newbie but not with his old name as well

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Looks like Edwards is going to fieldgoal them to death again this year.
You did watch the same game, right?
JP to the rook... TOUCHDOWN!!!!
You saw that too, right?
Let me put my extra high boots on, before the excuses start piling up.

Simple. Edwards had 2 drives. 5 passes. JP played a full quarter and played against the 2nd team Defense. Not a excuse, fact. JP could never do that much anyways. JP is the king of making us punt if we make it that far.

Philagape
08-09-2008, 10:40 PM
:rofl: All these threads show how much a JP good game is like a holiday.

then again, eight passes in the preseason can't really be called a game, can it?
Holy crap, look how much he's lowered the bar.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-09-2008, 10:41 PM
jp generally looks good against 2nd teamers and future bag boys, but thow him in front of a 1st team D and he runs around like a special olympics kid

Bling
08-09-2008, 10:42 PM
As MLynch23 he is a newbie but not with his old name as well

Oh... then who was he?

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Oh... then who was he?

83evans. I made a new account.

ZacGriffi~82
08-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't know what hurts worse being a Bills fan, losses or fans like this.

im4bflo
08-09-2008, 10:49 PM
So what about the starter, still can only get close enough for fieldgoals,
and yet to prove he can play in cold weather.
ZERO improvement from last year.
And when he goes down, you're going to be damn glad we still have JP.
Otherwise kiss this season goodbye.
Hell, if Edwards doesn't get any better, kiss it goodbye now.

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 10:51 PM
So what about the starter, still can only get close enough for fieldgoals,
and yet to prove he can play in cold weather.
ZERO improvement from last year.
Hell, if Edwards doesn't get any better, kiss it goodbye now.

5 passes. 1 completion. 2 drops. 1 route run wrong.

im4bflo
08-09-2008, 10:56 PM
5 passes. 1 completion. 2 drops. 1 route run wrong.

You did see the same game!
If that was JP's stats, you would be ripping him.
I'm saying the same goes for T-ED, not so good!

LtFinFan66
08-09-2008, 10:57 PM
How do you know he ran the wrong route?

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 10:58 PM

I wouldnt of. The only time I rip JP is when people rip Edwards. Bills fans our quick to rip whichever QB there not supporting.

mikemac2001
08-09-2008, 10:59 PM
i actually think JP played a pretty decent game....i think he was doing his reads very well....problem is it was 2nd team (and a jp guy) he had roscoe and hardy out there both very good weapons....i hope if we need him we have a winning record and he can keep it going...the problem is even if TE struggles DJ cant do a flip flop

i really wish we could see JP in this offense but i think it will be a little to late

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 11:00 PM

Juaron sayed after the game. It was a route that you read the D. If it is a blitz, its a quick stop route. If its zone or man, run the end zone route. Hardy ran the end zone one and there was a blitz.

im4bflo
08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
i actually think JP played a pretty decent game....i think he was doing his reads very well....problem is it was 2nd team (and a jp guy) he had roscoe and hardy out there both very good weapons....i hope if we need him we have a winning record and he can keep it going...the problem is even if TE struggles DJ cant do a flip flop

i really wish we could see JP in this offense but i think it will be a little to late

:up:

realdealryan
08-09-2008, 11:16 PM

JP who? None of us care about him; he played himself out of a starting job a long time ago.

PS the word "stats" is plural.

realdealryan
08-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't know what hurts worse being a Bills fan, losses or fans like this.

Between JP talk, "hey what if we win the Super Bowl" threads, and all of the Madden posts, BZ is going in the ****ter.

im4bflo
08-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Between JP talk, "hey what if we win the Super Bowl" threads, and all of the Madden posts, BZ is going in the ****ter.

I posted what everyone saw today, if you watched the game.
You're adding the **** to the thread.

Devin
08-09-2008, 11:47 PM
you have to be kidding me.

Well I guess on the bright side JP sucked so much ass the previous 3 years that having a good quarter against backups in the first preseason game of the year really does mean something to his faithful following.

Crisis
08-09-2008, 11:58 PM
buffalo fans: defending mediocrity everytime they show a flash in the pan, when over a larger course of time they've proven to suck ass - all because they "cleaned up Buffalo"

Meathead
08-10-2008, 12:34 AM
step one in jps image rehab is to dominate the game like a seasoned vet against second teamers

check

step one in tes undisputed starter tenure is to look solid against the first teamers

doh

one love jp

yordad
08-10-2008, 01:30 AM
As I expected JP looked better then TE. I think he would look even better playing with first team blocking and 1st team wide receivers.

It was just one quarter. He did what he was supposed to do. No biggie. Yet. Right?

patmoran2006
08-10-2008, 01:30 AM
BTW, I'm a Trent guy myself.. but be objective.

All of Trent's passes should not have been completed.. Unless you want to count the interception Shawn Springs dropped in the end zone as a pass that should've been completed.

patmoran2006
08-10-2008, 01:32 AM
No biggie to the Bills.

But a biggie to Billszone...

we'll be hearing about a QB controversy now all week.

yordad
08-10-2008, 01:45 AM
His second drive ended when he threw a ball that was tipped. He threw it short and to his right when he had Schouman wide open out in front where the only guy within 10 yards was a ref.

Losman was seven of nine. Both of his incompletion hit the target in two hands. Parrish inside the 5, and Hardy over the middle. Not trying to compare the two, just trying to say if you made this thread about Losman, you would have had a stronger case.

acehole
08-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Schouman dropped 1, Jackson dropped 1, hardy ran wrong route, Schouman stopped on pass in endzone. None of his incompletions were his fault.

"When assesing a qb one must only look at the QB."

Philage3 wrote once...

and now he thanks this post.

Pricless.

acehole
08-10-2008, 01:55 AM
I will tell you what the excuses start tonight...the ones we could not use are being used.

We waste a season teaching TE to play ball....end of story.

I just read on another thread the the WRs could have caught Trents throws...

These are the same people who complained about JP's TD at the Jets..

These are the same people who said we cant look at anything else but the qb when looking at QB play...

and now we get he was fine and completes all his pass if not for the WR's play.

It will be along season.......

acehole
08-10-2008, 01:58 AM
No biggie to the Bills.

There is none..the staff has tied its wagon to Trent...

They will all go off the cliff together if that turns out to be the wrong choice..

That in the end might be a good thing...

Just another 4 years for rebulding please....

SABURZFAN
08-10-2008, 01:59 AM
jp generally looks good against 2nd teamers and future bag boys, but thow him in front of a 1st team D and he runs around like a special olympics kid

DING!!!!!! DING!!!!!!!!!! DING!!!!!!!!!!! we have a winner for post of the year.

acehole
08-10-2008, 02:04 AM
DING!!!!!! DING!!!!!!!!!! DING!!!!!!!!!!! we have a winner for post of the year.

No....James Hardy was the difference.

I told you people that JP had no legit #2.

We get a legit # 2 and everything changes.

It did....

Move along and this post should be closed.

SABURZFAN
08-10-2008, 02:08 AM

and there you go pointing the finger and making false accusations again. you Lickers do it well. who will be the first to run to the Admin/Mods when business REALLY starts picking up in here? :movie:

acehole
08-10-2008, 02:09 AM
and there you go pointing the finger and making false accusations again. you Lickers do it well. who will be the first to run to the Admin/Mods when business REALLY starts picking up in here? :movie:

I closed this thread...you where faced.

djjimkelly
08-10-2008, 02:35 AM

pot calling kettle black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djjimkelly
08-10-2008, 02:39 AM

damn right couldnt have said it better. thats why i say fire jauron!!!!

djjimkelly
08-10-2008, 02:41 AM
I didn't really see that much of the game...I know TE did not play much and you can't really draw any conclusions on five throws. JP played longer. He played after the beginning of the first game jitters had slowed down. Not making excuses but you can't really compare these guys performances tonight and draw any meaningfull conclusions.

if u didnt see game what the hell are you basing your opinion on?

SABURZFAN
08-10-2008, 02:47 AM
I see the lickers are up to their old tricks...clinging to meaningless examples of JPs greatness.

i knew they wouldn't let us down. :up:

jmb1099
08-10-2008, 03:06 AM
This whole thing gets so out of hand...
Honestly the name calling gets so old and the he started it first mentality is unbelievable

Edwards and the entire first string Offense laid a giant turd tonight there were more mental errors than I care to count
Jp played a fair quarter against Washington's backups and no names
If Losman could ever get the mental part of his game down he could be great but he hasn't in how many years now?

All in all everything you expect to see in the first preseason game. Now lets watch for improvement in the second

Mitchell55
08-10-2008, 03:23 AM
In 4 years, Losman never had a winning record. In 1 season Edwards did. Someone explain how JP is the better QB.

Night Train
08-10-2008, 03:29 AM
Edwards could be anything, good or bad.

JP never stopped with the mental mistakes. The complete inability to read the LB or Safety over the middle,resulting in INT's. Forcing the out pattern, which CB's jumped on all day. No touch on the short passes.

Far too many negative plays from JP. He had his chance and blew it.

BAM
08-10-2008, 04:03 AM
He had his chance and blew it.

Exactly. He was given the job for how many years now? Still hasn't earned it. I'd be more than happy to see him earn the spot. That would mean he's playing very well. I'm not holding my breath though.

When it comes down to it, I don't care who the QB is as long as they're playing well and are deserving of the starting spot.

BAM
08-10-2008, 04:15 AM

Ya know... what REALLY excites me is his 10-21 career record as a starter. Very reassuring to know he's the backup in case we need him to lose us some games this year.

I'll take my chances with Edwards.

Historian
08-10-2008, 05:18 AM
JP played okay against Washington's benchwarmers.

It's not that tough to figure out.

:rolleyes:

Crisis
08-10-2008, 05:50 AM
look, i dont like JP as much as the next intelligent bills fan...but everytime you get a new thought you dont need to make a new thread. especially since this topic has been beaten to death 1000 times.

Historian
08-10-2008, 06:04 AM
you have to be kidding me.

Well I guess on the bright side JP sucked so much ass the previous 3 years that having a good quarter against backups in the first preseason game of the year really does mean something to his faithful following.

They are devoted...

:snicker:

coastal
08-10-2008, 06:13 AM
Anyone who doesn't have any insecurities related to Edwards being the starter isn't being honest.

Typ0
08-10-2008, 06:13 AM
if u didnt see game what the hell are you basing your opinion on?

I watched the game kind of. I had other things going on here though and don't feel I was tuned in that well. I am pretty confident I got the general idea though.

TacklingDummy
08-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Wow, Losman had a good drive against a bunch of scrubs.:rolleyes: Not hard to believe since his career has been built on scrub teams like Miami, Houston, and Cincy.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Anyone who thinks that JP is the answer isn't being honest either though.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2008, 06:19 AM
because the guy they are starting isn't proven and so far doesn't seem to be any better. If we grabbed Brady or some proven qb then I say get rid of both. Is that so hard to understand?

Why is it so hard for you to understand that an unknown is greater than a failure?

We already know where JP leads us, top 15 pick, under .500, no playoffs.

We don't know where Trent leads us, and the only way to find out is to let him play.

It's much easier to get excited about a season of not knowing what the future holds then going into a season knowing we're going nowhere.

Historian
08-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Oh come on guys!

JP has the potential to be the next Todd Collins!

According to schedule, he should blossom by...oh...2014.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2008, 06:20 AM

and you're a Giants fan...

touche! or something.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2008, 06:21 AM
after what Derek Anderson did last year, he still blasts derek. Derek is waaay better than Trent yet he fights for Trent.

DA is better than Trent, as of right now, correct.

The only way to find out if Trent is any good or can lead us anywhere is for him to play!

DMBcrew36
08-10-2008, 06:23 AM
It's a team game people. Edwards is relying on a lot of other people to do their jobs. The way I see it, it wasn't him. Lets just hope we start seeing a steep learning curve here and some of that 'cohesion' that Schonert wanted - and quickly.

And god damnit Peters, cut the douche crap and get in to camp so you can get your new deal and our line can start blocking.

Luisito23
08-10-2008, 06:45 AM
especially since this topic has been beaten to death 1000 times.

Threads like these are not only pathetic, but are also annoying as ****!....Please get some new material.

Philagape
08-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Anyone who doesn't have any insecurities related to Edwards being the starter isn't being honest.

Thanks to JP, I don't think I'll ever be secure about a young QB again :ill:

acehole
08-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Anyone who thinks that JP is the answer isn't being honest either though.

Agree actually but that wasnt the question...the question was who is better...

acehole
08-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks to JP, I don't think I'll ever be secure about a young QB again :ill:

YEs lets even blame JP for TE sucking.......

Give us a break...

acehole
08-10-2008, 07:41 AM
It's a team game people. Edwards is relying on a lot of other people to do their jobs. The way I see it, it wasn't him. Lets just hope we start seeing a steep learning curve here and some of that 'cohesion' that Schonert wanted - and quickly.

And god damnit Peters, cut the douche crap and get in to camp so you can get your new deal and our line can start blocking.

When I tried to make this case for JP I was ridiculed.

acehole
08-10-2008, 07:45 AM
In 4 years, Losman never had a winning record. In 1 season Edwards did. Someone explain how JP is the better QB.

Not a JP fan just think he give us the best chance to win.

He is becuase he is...check stats.

We lose because of many things...52 other players can sometimes do that.

This has been covered in 100,000 threads.

Bills are slow to build a team around any qb we have here.

acehole
08-10-2008, 07:50 AM

This statement means and is backed by nothing...it is made up....

tampabay25690
08-10-2008, 07:59 AM
JP goes into this season knowing he is the #2 QB so why not????
He doenst have the pressure like Trent Edwards has in Training Camp right now.
I JP better then Trent who knows, I think he has more talent than TRENT but doesn't handle pressure very well at all......

We will see.....

mybills
08-10-2008, 08:05 AM
and you're a Giants fan...

touche! or something.
They are my #2 team. Bills are my #1 team.
Browns are your #1 or equal (which is just as bad) team.

big difference.

BAM
08-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Not a JP fan just think he give us the best chance to win.

He is becuase he is...check stats.

We lose because of many things...52 other players can sometimes do that.

This has been covered in 100,000 threads.

Bills are slow to build a team around any qb we have here.
I checked some stats and I found that JP has won 10 games and lost 21 as a starter. Trent doesn't have near as many starts but he does have a winning record.

I respectfully disagree that JP's the better QB. I think athletically, yes. Brains, not even a contest. Trent is a much smarter QB which is what you need in this league IMO.

I'm glad our coaches see it the same way as myself and many others. I don't agree with some of what Dick Jauron does, but I'd have to say I'm on board with him on this one.

justasportsfan
08-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Why is it so hard for you to understand that an unknown is greater than a failure?

We already know where JP leads us, top 15 pick, under .500, no playoffs.

We don't know where Trent leads us, and the only way to find out is to let him play.

It's much easier to get excited about a season of not knowing what the future holds then going into a season knowing we're going nowhere.
what we don't know is how Jp will do with beter coaching ,OLand better weapons. Even the greatest qb's neeed that. It's simple common sense you obviously can't understand. Even Peyton and Brady need those

mybills
08-10-2008, 08:08 AM
I wish we could merge Trent & JP together.
:ill:

justasportsfan
08-10-2008, 08:09 AM

and he was playing with bench warmers. :rolleyes: Trent was playing with starters ,why couldn't he do anything?

justasportsfan
08-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Exactly. He was given the job for how many years now? Still hasn't earned it. I'd be more than happy to see him earn the spot. That would mean he's playing very well. I'm not holding my breath though.

When it comes down to it, I don't care who the QB is as long as they're playing well and are deserving of the starting spot.
Manning would've failed here under those circumstances. Ya'll would've called him a bust with Bennie Anderson and co.

mybills
08-10-2008, 08:14 AM
and Trent said it was.

justasportsfan
08-10-2008, 08:18 AM
The only way to find out if Trent is any good or can lead us anywhere is for him to play!
he has to earn it and not just given the job.

Philagape
08-10-2008, 08:21 AM
No biggie to the Bills.

Amazing how six people can make so much noise

Mr. Pink
08-10-2008, 08:22 AM
he has to earn it and not just given the job.

You mean like JP earned the job? :rofl:

Seriously, he might not have "earned" the job, but JP sure as hell LOST the job. And, the best option right now of the remaining QBs on the roster is Trent.

mybills
08-10-2008, 08:22 AM
JP was the best bench warmer of the night.
Trent was the worst starter of the night.

If you can't see that, you probably need glasses. :;

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Let me understand this. Trent played 2 quick series and JP came in to play against the 2nd stringers and now we have a QB contoversy?

I'll weigh in that our offense and defense looked putrid. Same old Bills, can't stop the run, can't score points.

I'll say this now, without Peters, this offensie line looks like the worst one in the league.

justasportsfan
08-10-2008, 08:32 AM

JP was plaing with scrubs so it evens out. We don't even have to wonder what JP would've done if Evans was there

justasportsfan
08-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Let me understand this. Trent played 2 quick series and JP came in to play against the 2nd stringers and now we have a QB contoversy?

I'll weigh in that our offense and defense looked putrid. Same old Bills, can't stop the run, can't score points.

I'll say this now, without Peters, this offensie line looks like the worst one in the league.
JP did better with scrubs in his first 2 series. There's no qb controversy. Dick and Turk want Trent but if you're going to judge the game, JP was better.

mybills
08-10-2008, 08:37 AM
NFL.com said he played like a starter.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29792&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

mybills
08-10-2008, 08:41 AM
His second drive ended when he threw a ball that was tipped. He threw it short and to his right when he had Schouman wide open out in front where the only guy within 10 yards was a ref.

Losman was seven of nine. Both of his incompletion hit the target in two hands. Parrish inside the 5, and Hardy over the middle. Not trying to compare the two, just trying to say if you made this thread about Losman, you would have had a stronger case.
Thank you. That's what I saw, too. And I like both QB's.

shelby
08-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Let's keep all the JP garbage in one thread.
Merged for your convenience.

justasportsfan
08-10-2008, 08:47 AM
JP garbage? He's a bills player

Confused
08-10-2008, 08:57 AM
wish in one hand poop in the other. see what hand fills up 1st.

Meathead
08-10-2008, 09:18 AM

it wasnt just ok it was dominating. he was easily the best player on the field, as you would expect of a talented five year vet playing against second stringers

now he could turn around and be the worst player on the field the next time he takes a snap. but for right now he is leading the qb impressions race

djjimkelly
08-10-2008, 09:19 AM

come week 5 when hes starting i want this same attitude towards the trent garbage.

promise?

DMBcrew36
08-10-2008, 09:54 AM
We'll see how Trent and JP do on Thursday...

acehole
08-10-2008, 10:35 AM
We'll see how Trent and JP do on Thursday...

YEs and if the same thing happens we will look to the next game...with a whole new setof excuses.....

Nighthawk
08-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Ahh, all the JP lovers/Trent haters couldn't wait to jump on something and start it all up again. Really people, you need to get a life. Cheer on the Bills and get over which QB is behind center. It's really getting old!

jmb1099
08-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Ok, for the record, Shelby wasn't calling Jp garbage, but the endless rantings about the Losman Vs Edwards debate so relax before you pop an artery or something.

Second, it really was the first preseason game. The starters basically made cameo appearances. That being said not impressed with what I saw.

Third, Losman played well for a quarter. No argument, in fact anyone that argues that is just trying to defend a position rather than being honest. However, if you look over his career here, even overlooking wins and losses, you'll see that in just about every game, he plays well for about a quarter. Then the wheels on the bus come off.

Finally, I agree we need Peters here, but again, someone tell me how you make that happen when the Peter's side won't talk? Until they are willing to talk we need to be coming up with a plan b and that plan is not currently on our roster

Night Train
08-10-2008, 10:46 AM
YEs and if the same thing happens we will look to the next game...with a whole new setof excuses.....

And if we do something good, the excuses will double.

It's all about quiting early and being right about sucking.

Go America !

acehole
08-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Amazing how six people can make so much noise

Wait until the season unfolds and that number grows...

just because more of you agree doesnt make you correct.

Typ0
08-10-2008, 10:54 AM
JP did better with scrubs in his first 2 series. There's no qb controversy. Dick and Turk want Trent but if you're going to judge the game, JP was better.

Justa consider what really happened when the coaching staff said TE was the guy this year. That doesn't mean they aren't evaluating the QB situation on an ongoing basis, I really think they are as any rational professional would. What they really achieved with this statement, and it's a good thing, is there is now no media circus surrounding the situation which doesn't help any of the objectives of the organization.

acehole
08-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Justa consider what really happened when the coaching staff said TE was the guy this year. That doesn't mean they aren't evaluating the QB situation on an ongoing basis, I really think they are as any rational professional would. What they really achieved with this statement, and it's a good thing, is there is now no media circus surrounding the situation which doesn't help any of the objectives of the organization.

I agree to a point...but they will not squander their last coaching job on the hope he learns the game before the playoff window closes......

They would be stupid to do that.

We are not here to make Trend a better football player....
We are here to put a winning product on the field.

TacklingDummy
08-10-2008, 11:06 AM
And they said I was one of the main ones who post about JP. :rolleyes: What do I have 1 post in all this mess?

I will be waiting for my apologies.

BAM
08-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Manning would've failed here under those circumstances. Ya'll would've called him a bust with Bennie Anderson and co.

Circumstances and teammates don't make poor decisions for you. Over. And over. And over. Sure he hasn't had the best team to play with but that's no excuse. His time in Buffalo is over unless, God forbid, Trent goes down with an injury.

TacklingDummy
08-10-2008, 11:16 AM
His time in Buffalo is over unless, God forbid, Trent goes down with an injury.

JP will play this year.

Im going to guess and say around 7 games.

acehole
08-10-2008, 11:22 AM
And if we do something good, the excuses will double.

It's all about quiting early and being right about sucking.

Go America !

Look at that completion to roscoe....he should of lead him another 4 feet...

That will turn into picks...

His tregectory is to low..(His release is quik)
as a result he will
have a ton of balls batted.

I know nothing maters to you guys but wins but his play
(Aside of Wash last year he look above average) does mater.

You guys need to look beyond the nice smile and be objective.

He will (is) struggle on long and interm. throws....

Still locked up in redzone.

Let make it a point to leave JP out of these talks about Trents play
and you will find it is hard to explain it away. Are the people who
support Trent prepared to sacrafice this season until he works these
things out?

Forget JP he is done here (Unless Trent goes down).

Trent needs a ton of work (Which is why I wanted the vet).

He better improve quik...or Lee will walk and peters will sit.

What pisses me off is you guys even wanted a proven vet like farve
far away from buffalo for this guy...which is why we run qb's out of
town every 2-3 years...you put to much hope and faith into one man
and it take 52 others to make it work (Which was my thesis last year).

Now we will use your measure...

This year is all on the QB as it was with JP when assessing the position.
...(after all JP was the whole problem? Right? 6-10? 7-9? JP right?)

JP is not starting...no problem? Right?

I cant wait to here the excuses after Thur....and the game after that?

Philagape
08-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Circumstances and teammates don't make poor decisions for you. Over. And over. And over.

Or bad passes.
Or bad mechanics.
Or bad reads.
Or bad pocket presence.

The QB alone does those things. All of those things can be done well in any circumstance. Might not result in much, the offense overall may still fail, but the QB can do his part well.

BAM
08-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Or bad passes.
Or bad mechanics.
Or bad reads.
Or bad pocket presence.

The QB alone does those things. All of those things can be done well in any circumstance. Might not result in much, the offense overall may still fail, but the QB can do his part well.

Yes. Well said Phil. :hi5:

raphael120
08-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Those of you who think JP is the better QB and should be starting, whose fault is that? Jauron, right? If you think that our coaches aren't good enough to evaluate the MOST IMPORTANT position on the roster, you're kidding yourself to think the same coaches will get us to the playoffs.

VeggieMan14
08-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Those of you who think JP is the better QB and should be starting, whose fault is that? Jauron, right? If you think that our coaches aren't good enough to evaluate the MOST IMPORTANT position on the roster, you're kidding yourself to think the same coaches will get us to the playoffs. yea why dont we stop this JP and Trent arguing and focus it on the coaches! Makes sense huh? Jauron you blow :up:

mybills
08-10-2008, 12:36 PM
there's maybe 3 people on this entire message board that wants JP to start. The other people are giving him credit for moving the ball down the field so that we could score 11 points in the second quarter. The super supporters of Trent, won't even give him the credit.

raphael120
08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
yea why dont we stop this JP and Trent arguing and focus it on the coaches! Makes sense huh? Jauron you blow :up:

All signs point to Ralph being a bumbling moron who knows he's got a whole community by the balls and just keeps twisting away. Ralph's been winning the past 9 seasons, not the Bills, and not Bills fans. Especially now. This whole Toronto thing doesn't benefit Bills fans. It benefits Ralph. It doesn't make our team better.

raphael120
08-10-2008, 12:39 PM
there's maybe 3 people on this entire message board that wants JP to start. The other people are giving him credit for moving the ball down the field so that we could score 11 points in the second quarter. The super supporters of Trent, won't even give him the credit.
I for one could give TWO ****S who starts at QB as long as we get to the playoffs. I think it's very apparent our problems on this team go way beyond just our starting QB. It's the defense, its the OC, it's the DC, the head coach, the scouts, the talent evaluators, the oline, the WRs, the LBs, the DE's, playcalling on offense and defense, inept gameday decisions...whcih you saw last night, wasting time outs in stupid situations, etc etc etc....

VeggieMan14
08-10-2008, 12:40 PM
All signs point to Ralph being a bumbling moron who knows he's got a whole community by the balls and just keeps twisting away. Ralph's been winning the past 9 seasons, not the Bills, and not Bills fans. Especially now. This whole Toronto thing doesn't benefit Bills fans. It benefits Ralph. It doesn't make our team better. so whose first in line to assasinate Ol Ralphy. obviously waiting for old age to kick in isnt working so great :up:

VeggieMan14
08-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I for one could give TWO ****S who starts at QB as long as we get to the playoffs. I think it's very apparent our problems on this team go way beyond just our starting QB. It's the defense, its the OC, it's the DC, the head coach, the scouts, the talent evaluators, the oline, the WRs, the LBs, the DE's, playcalling on offense and defense, inept gameday decisions...whcih you saw last night, wasting time outs in stupid situations, etc etc etc.... exactly we r both on the same page :gobills: that is all we should be worrying about

raphael120
08-10-2008, 12:45 PM
exactly we r both on the same page :gobills: that is all we should be worrying about

i think it's just a comfort mechanism or something that thinks our problems soley lie at the feet of trent edwards or jp losman. you have blinders on if you dont see the house burning down because youre too busy focusing on a broken window.

i would not be surprised if by the end of this season jauron is fired, JP is let go, and we draft yet another QB. it's the end of the mike mularkey era all over again

VeggieMan14
08-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Did anyone notice what marshawn lynch was eating on the sidelines. it looked like a red ziploc bag i thought maybe skittles anybody know? lol

SABURZFAN
08-10-2008, 01:12 PM
And they said I was one of the main ones who post about JP. :rolleyes: What do I have 1 post in all this mess?

I will be waiting for my apologies.

what are you *****ing about? i was called the 'Jim Jones with Kool-Aid' when it comes to the topic of JP Losman. we can only sit back and watch before the Lickers try to blame somebody else.

don't hold your breath.

raphael120
08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I think people may have to come to grips with the fact that we may have 2 big turds for QBs on our roster. But someone will always think that JP (or whoever the backup QB is) is the better choice, meanwhile if Trent doesn't work out, we got two worthless QBs. JP is gone after this season, so please, everyone...get over it.

acehole
08-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Those of you who think JP is the better QB and should be starting, whose fault is that? Jauron, right? If you think that our coaches aren't good enough to evaluate the MOST IMPORTANT position on the roster, you're kidding yourself to think the same coaches will get us to the playoffs.

Let it be said new regimes want their guy.

This isnt a secret.

Jp is a donaho guy not a marv guy.

Besides Trent was cheaper...
and does what they want as far as system goes.

All these things go into it...not everything means JP sucks.

acehole
08-10-2008, 03:12 PM
it's short for Losman Butt Lickers. they're the people who think JP should still be starting after 4 years of below-average play.

as opposed to trent who had 1 year of below average play.

acehole
08-10-2008, 03:14 PM
I think people may have to come to grips with the fact that we may have 2 big turds for QBs on our roster. But someone will always think that JP (or whoever the backup QB is) is the better choice, meanwhile if Trent doesn't work out, we got two worthless QBs. JP is gone after this season, so please, everyone...get over it.

Which is why i wanted farve

Ingtar33
08-10-2008, 04:22 PM
there is no excuse for how this thread went.

we're all people folks. back off the personal assaults.

and yes, the derogatory names for fans of the QBs as lickers or whatever, is certainly a personal assault.

you people do realize you're having a fight over two mediocre (on a good day) quarterbacks, right? this is like having a fight over who the better quarterback is, Alex Van Pelt or Todd Collins.

it's just silly

Stewie
08-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm still waiting for the perfectly efficient robot QB that can make pizza

Romes
08-10-2008, 08:33 PM
:goodpost:

If we had one of those it probably would have motivated Mike Williams to protect him.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Circumstances and teammates don't make poor decisions for you. Over. And over. And over. Sure he hasn't had the best team to play with but that's no excuse. His time in Buffalo is over unless, God forbid, Trent goes down with an injury.
Yup circumstances and teammates don't make poor decisions for you, but a bad OC will. He can put you in bad situations to fail.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I would really like to believe Dick when he said, "nobody's job is safe" but at the end of last year neither qb did anything to be annointed as the qb. Dick decided to go with Turk and Turk was the one who pushed for Trent to be drafted. If Dick decides to go with JP he pretty much doesn't agree with Turks decision and you would wonder once again what the hell was he thinking going with Turk just like he's been questioned about his past OC's.

Typ0
08-11-2008, 01:49 PM
there is no excuse for how this thread went.

we're all people folks. back off the personal assaults.

and yes, the derogatory names for fans of the QBs as lickers or whatever, is certainly a personal assault.

you people do realize you're having a fight over two mediocre (on a good day) quarterbacks, right? this is like having a fight over who the better quarterback is, Alex Van Pelt or Todd Collins.

it's just silly

the person that started the thread was the first one slinging names around. Any issues with the way it went should be properly addressed there.

shelby
08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
or i can just move all the name calling out of the thread.

Typ0
08-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I would really like to believe Dick when he said, "nobody's job is safe" but at the end of last year neither qb did anything to be annointed as the qb. Dick decided to go with Turk and Turk was the one who pushed for Trent to be drafted. If Dick decides to go with JP he pretty much doesn't agree with Turks decision and you would wonder once again what the hell was he thinking going with Turk just like he's been questioned about his past OC's.

what I am saying is JP lossman has had a lot of opportunities here and he hasn't gotten the job done. Our current coaching staff made a choice. They chose TE. They did that to avoid an intense media circus around these young players. In order to avoid that circus they had to make a choice and that's what they did. That doesn't mean anyones job is secure or any position isn't being evaluated on a daily basis.

Typ0
08-11-2008, 01:54 PM
or i can just move all the name calling out of the thread.

nothing wrong with that. The original offense has already been removed as it was the title of the thread and the threads were merged. Unfortunately, with that evidence removed it casts the rest of the banter in a bad light because the source of the problem is no longer visible.

acehole
08-11-2008, 01:59 PM
what I am saying is JP lossman has had a lot of opportunities here and he hasn't gotten the job done. Our current coaching staff made a choice. They chose TE. They did that to avoid an intense media circus around these young players. In order to avoid that circus they had to make a choice and that's what they did. That doesn't mean anyones job is secure or any position isn't being evaluated on a daily basis.

What Job do you mean?

What was wrong with the 11th rated passer?

It would seem the team around him and the coaching did not do thiers.

You want him to win games on his back despite the team around him.

That was always a tall order.

Farve/Manning/Elway..yea they can do that.

Everyone else...not really.

I am now going to ask the same of Trent and we will see the if the expectations are the same of the ones who now support him.

justasportsfan
08-11-2008, 02:05 PM
nothing wrong with that. The original offense has already been removed as it was the title of the thread and the threads were merged. Unfortunately, with that evidence removed it casts the rest of the banter in a bad light because the source of the problem is no longer visible.

Those who even think that JP is not the best back up qb for this team is simply hating on JP. LIke it or not, JP is whats best for this team in the back up position to say the least.

VeggieMan14
08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Those who even think that JP is not the best back up qb for this team is simply hating on JP. LIke it or not, JP is whats best for this team in the back up position to say the least. Jp is a great backup as trent edwards would be a great back up but whoevers back up all i ahve to say is :gobills:

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
What was wrong with the 11th rated passer?

still living in 2006, eh? the 11th Rated Passer of that year took a tremendous s..t. that's what's wrong with him.

acehole
08-11-2008, 05:14 PM
still living in 2006, eh? the 11th Rated Passer of that year took a tremendous s..t. that's what's wrong with him.

Well we did have some good players on that team.

I will tell you what
....when Trend finishes the season at higher then 11th best passer
I will concede the argument.

Until then......the facts prove you will be wrong.

But that never stopped you from the spew.

acehole
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM

11th rated passer = good job.

She said he did not get the job done.

That was my rebuttle.

i was making a broader point.

You are making noise.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
anything else on the same quote? :yawn:

acehole
08-11-2008, 05:24 PM
anything else on the same quote? :yawn:

Yes when Trent get to 11th rated for the year I will concede the argument
.....and I will buy you a new tooth brush so you can brush your tooth.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Yes when Trent get to 11th rated for the year I will concede the argument
.....and I will buy you a new tooth brush so you can brush your tooth.

just what i thought. you have nothing to come back with. nothing like a Licker woofing out of his ass because his mouth knows better. keep clinging to that 2006 season because that's all you got for your hero. when he makes his way out of Buffalo, i sure as hell hope you leave with him.

Mr. Pink
08-11-2008, 05:30 PM
And that 11th rated passer got us to 7-9...

that 11th rated passer was limited to what 8 passes against the Colts because the staff obviously didn't trust him?

that 11th rated passer fumbled when he ran into a ref...

I can keep going, but that should be enough to show JP simply isn't good enough.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 05:34 PM

that 11th rated passer was limited to what 8 passes against the Colts because the staff obviously didn't trust him?

I can keep going, but that should be enough to show JP simply isn't good enough.

you could list everything and that wouldn't have any effect on their mancrush.

acehole
08-11-2008, 07:00 PM
[quote=SABURZFAN]just what i thought. you have nothing to come back with. nothing like a Licker woofing out of his ass because his mouth knows better. keep clinging to that 2006 season because that's all you got for your hero. when he makes his way out of Buffalo, i sure as hell hope you leave wi:whistling

acehole
08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
If that is the case then we are in real trouble with the 29th rated passer.

im4bflo
08-11-2008, 08:05 PM
game 1

JP LOSMAN- 1
Trent- 0

next...

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 08:17 PM
:blahblah:

:blahblah: :blahblah:
:blahblah: :blahblah:

is Losman gone yet? :yawn:

Philagape
08-11-2008, 08:24 PM
The Giants should start David Carr over Eli ....

Manning 2-6 19 yards
Carr 10-13 104 yards TD

Case closed.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 08:25 PM

Manning 2-6 19 yards
Carr 10-13 104 yards TD

Case closed.

:rofl:

acehole
08-11-2008, 08:58 PM

Manning 2-6 19 yards
Carr 10-13 104 yards TD

Case closed.

Ok so Manning = trent

Got it!

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Ok so Manning = trent

Got it!

TRANSLATION- this is the only feeble comeback that i can think up.

Typ0
08-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Those who even think that JP is not the best back up qb for this team is simply hating on JP. LIke it or not, JP is whats best for this team in the back up position to say the least.

call it hate if you must to make yourself feel good. I call it smarts. I want two proven winners in the QB position and we don't even have one. We have a proven mediocre QB and an unknown.

Philagape
08-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Rams have a controversy too ....

Bulger 3-9 29 yards INT
Brock Berlin 11-14 139 yards

And Favre shouldn't even bother, look at Brett Ratliff ....
14-20 252 yards 2 TDs

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM

Bulger 3-9 29 yards INT

14-20 252 yards 2 TDs

i better start rearranging my list for fantasy QB's.

Kenny
08-11-2008, 10:42 PM

Bulger 3-9 29 yards INT

14-20 252 yards 2 TDs

So we're going to compare proven probowl quarterbacks, to Trent Edwards? Bulger, Farve, etc... deserve the benefit of the doubt. Edwards hasnt earned that yet.

acehole
08-11-2008, 10:47 PM

Manning 2-6 19 yards
Carr 10-13 104 yards TD

Case closed.

Yea Eli had that pass in the big game that wasnt perfect and the WR had to adjust winning the game....if Eli were on the bills you just might want that.

DA.

acehole
08-11-2008, 10:49 PM
So we're going to compare proven probowl quarterbacks, to Trent Edwards? Bulger, Farve, etc... deserve the benefit of the doubt. Edwards hasnt earned that yet.

Yes get used to it.

They base this on a frail 5-4 record and What Bill Walsh once said.

Nothing more...there isnt anything.

Bill Walse also liked Jim Drunkenmiller.

We shall see Thursday upon us.

Philagape
08-11-2008, 11:22 PM

I was more comparing JP to Brock Berlin, Carr and Ratliff. Anyone can look good for part of a preseason game, and sometimes the backups do better than the starters.

Other backups who have great stats so far include Seneca Wallace, Damon Huard (Mr. #2 in 2006!), Colt Brennan, Tyler Palko and Sage Rosenfels.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I was more comparing JP to Brock Berlin, Carr and Ratliff. Anyone can look good for part of a preseason game, and sometimes the backups do better than the starters.

you knew that the Losman Lovers would see it the other way. they're pathetic.

Mr. Pink
08-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Didn't Roscoe Parrish and James Hardy look better than Lee Evans?

Maybe Lee should be demoted to third on the depth chart.

That's using the JP fanatics logic for ya.

SABURZFAN
08-12-2008, 02:52 AM

:movie:

acehole
08-12-2008, 08:33 AM

You got it the other way around.

If they benched lee for sombody inferior then it would be your logic.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:36 AM

Or maybe, JP should play with Lee, PArrish and Hardy. Do the coaches dare? Hell, no! JP would make our coaches look like idiots with those weapons.

Kenny
08-12-2008, 08:37 AM

yep... cause Lee hasnt proved he's our #1.

Now if it was Johnson vs. Jenkins that would be a different story.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:39 AM
yep... cause Lee hasnt proved he's our #1.

He looks like a no.1 when JP is the qb.

dasaybz
08-12-2008, 08:39 AM
I cannot believe the amount of *****ing that people do following a stupid preseason game.

How do some of you people live your life?

Kenny
08-12-2008, 08:40 AM

So just to confirm... By your logic, you agree that JP is better than Trent right now?

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:42 AM
So just to confirm... By your logic, you agree that JP is better than Trent right now?

:movie:

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 08:44 AM
I cannot believe the amount of *****ing that people do following a stupid preseason game.

How do some of you people live your life?

Preseason doesn't matter whether we win or lose but it matters when trying to gauge the talent on the team.

dasaybz
08-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Preseason doesn't matter whether we win or lose but it matters when trying to gauge the talent on the team.

Sure, the backups.

The starters are all but written in stone.

If you want to gauge them, tune in to week 1 vs. Seattle.

This preseason stuff has been going on for years and years, why is this new to some people?

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Sure, the backups.

This preseason stuff has been going on for years and years, why is this new to some people?

Not just about the back ups all the time. It also shows what needs to be fixed with the starters to some degree.

dasaybz
08-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Not just about the back ups all the time. It also shows what needs to be fixed with the starters to some degree.

Not to the degree of panic.

I really don't understand how 10 plays in a preseason game can cause so much panic in Bills nation.

It's laughable.

mybills
08-12-2008, 09:22 AM
what's laughable is that some want JP to start, and others won't give him credit for playing like a starter. The latter is a quote from NFL.com.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Not to the degree of panic.

I really don't understand how 10 plays in a preseason game can cause so much panic in Bills nation.

It's laughable.
theres only a handful that are in panic mode while the rest are busy arguing the qb position.

Mr. Pink
08-12-2008, 11:42 AM

JP isn't even better than Bruce Mathison

Mr. Pink
08-12-2008, 11:43 AM
You got it the other way around.

If they benched lee for sombody inferior then it would be your logic.

No Roscoe and Hardy looked better than Lee in ONE preseason game, demote Lee!

That's what your logic states with JP vs TE.

Typ0
08-12-2008, 02:51 PM
what's really laughable is that anyone puts any stock in what happens during an exhibition game...that's right folks it's an exhibition game...it's entertainment put on the schedule so the owners can get high margins. The way people play doesn't mean hardly anything.

Typ0
08-12-2008, 02:52 PM
what's laughable is that some want JP to start, and others won't give him credit for playing like a starter. The latter is a quote from NFL.com.

JP has never played like a starter. To play like a starter you have to play an entire NFL season and be a threat every week.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
what's really laughable is that anyone puts any stock in what happens during an exhibition game...that's right folks it's an exhibition game...it's entertainment put on the schedule so the owners can get high margins. The way people play doesn't mean hardly anything.
Cop out. You sound like a Trent apologist.

Well it's the most recent game. Just because JP looked better no need to say "it's just a preaseason game" . So what happens if Trent looks better than JP at camp? Are you going to say it's only camp and it means nothing?

SABURZFAN
08-12-2008, 03:07 PM
JP has never played like a starter. To play like a starter you have to play an entire NFL season and be a threat every week.

:bf1:

Typ0
08-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Cop out. You sound like a Trent apologist.

Well it's the most recent game. Just because JP looked better no need to say "it's just a preaseason game" . So what happens if Trent looks better than JP at camp? Are you going to say it's only camp and it means nothing?

actually I would place about a zillion times more importance on consistently having good practices than I would any exhibition game. That holds true for JP, TE or joe blow.

acehole
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
actually I would place about a zillion times more importance on consistently having good practices than I would any exhibition game. That holds true for JP, TE or joe blow.

is joe blow available?

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 03:23 PM

I was right. Apologist.

SABURZFAN
08-12-2008, 03:26 PM
is joe blow available?

no

acehole
08-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Sure, the backups.

Except for last year when all were gushing about a third round picks play.

acehole
08-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by acehole
is joe blow available?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

no::

Can you ask your mom when he is done?
<!-- / message -->

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
we're in trouble then because neither has Trent been any sort of a threat yet you want the job handed to him. :crazy:

Typ0
08-12-2008, 03:32 PM
we're in trouble then because neither has Trent been any sort of a threat yet you want the job handed to him. :crazy:

Trent has not had a chance to prove himself for four years either. There comes a time you have to move on to the next option if you're serious about finding one that really works.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Trent has not had a chance to prove himself for four years either. There comes a time you have to move on to the next option if you're serious about finding one that really works.

Trent would've been dead the last 4 years with his durability issues. You're dreaming if you think he would've succeeded here. why do you think MArv built an OL and brought in more weapons for Trent? He knows Trent will not thrive under the same circumstances JP was in.

Now go dig up more excuses.