PDA

View Full Version : James hardy

patmoran2006
08-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I said it in my Thursday night practice report and it didn't even take a half to come true.. LOL James Hardy is going to drive everyone crazy this year!!

Guy looks totally LOST, drops an easy ball and you want to kill him. Then he makes a beautiful TD grab and he's the man again.

I cant wait to see this kid learn and get better.. He's going to be great. But man, you're going to want to kill him sometimes in the meantime.

Al the Bills Fan
08-09-2008, 08:07 PM
I said it in my Thursday night practice report and it didn't even take a half to come true.. LOL James Hardy is going to drive everyone crazy this year!!

Guy looks totally LOST, drops an easy ball and you want to kill him. Then he makes a beautiful TD grab and he's the man again.

I cant wait to see this kid learn and get better.. He's going to be great. But man, you're going to want to kill him sometimes in the meantime.

Yeah I hear ya! couple of dumb plays, penaties, running wrong routes, etc. but that was a pretty TD catch

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 08:09 PM

Sounds like Losman. I know Losman will never be as good but Losman looks lost makes dumb decisions and has easy sacks but can make you think he is the best QB in the NFL others.

baalworship
08-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Scoring TD's is so rare for this offense that I am willing to cut him some slack.

mybills
08-09-2008, 08:40 PM
you did call that, Pat. :up:

patmoran2006
08-09-2008, 08:42 PM
The guy has skill but is sooooooooo raw.. so raw

Patience with him, as hard as it is to say.. You'll pull your hair out with him.. But the reward could be a Chad Johnson type down the line (on the field)

Uncle Jesse
08-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Once he catches up to speed, he'll be really solid.

njsue
08-09-2008, 08:45 PM
James Hardy has the skills but needs to learn. He will do us Bills Fans proud.

I can't wait to see him frustrate the heck out of opposing teams secondaries :snicker:

Pride
08-09-2008, 08:52 PM
They just interviewed him... and he was asked how great the TD catch was...

His response? "It was great, but I'm still thinking about the drop and the missed assignments I had."

Perfect answer!

patmoran2006
08-09-2008, 08:53 PM

His response? "It was great, but I'm still thinking about the drop and the missed assignments I had."

Perfect answer! Yep, exactly

njsue
08-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Perfect answer!

Oh yeah. This kid is something special. :up:

:love: James Hardy

This will be my next throw back jersey.

Losman4Life
08-09-2008, 09:13 PM
He might be lost but JP made him a star in tonights game that pass was sick!

Mitchell55
08-09-2008, 09:35 PM

Some how I missed you.

Goobylal
08-09-2008, 09:36 PM

Perfect answer!
I love it! This kid will be a great player for the Bills. And he needs to start from day 1. I don't care if there are mistakes/growing pains. He's not going to learn sitting on the bench, and the sooner he learns on the job, the sooner the offense gets going.

patmoran2006
08-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Jauron said in his press conference that that errand third down pass for Edwards was Hardy's fault.. He didnt break off his pattern with the blitz. Said "Edwards threw the ball where it was supposed to go"

So a very up and down game for Hardy, but thats to totally be expected right now.

Goobylal
08-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Jauron said in his press conference that that errand third down pass for Edwards was Hardy's fault.. He didnt break off his pattern with the blitz. Said "Edwards threw the ball where it was supposed to go"

So a very up and down game for Hardy, but thats to totally be expected right now.
I don't know how many times I saw veteran Bills WR's fail to read the blitz and break-off their patterns with JP the past couple years. I don't expect a rookie to master it yet.

Bling
08-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't know how many times I saw veteran Bills WR's fail to read the blitz and break-off their patterns with JP the past couple years. I don't expect a rookie to master it yet.

Wrong thread.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=157570

Goobylal
08-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Wrong thread.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=157570
Oh yeah? How did Miami's rookies look? That's what I thought.

Bling
08-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah? How did Miami's rookies look? That's what I thought.

Chad Henne looked really good. If you ever get a chance to watch it, skip to the second quarter and you might be a little impressed. Not to mention, Jake Long was dominant. Phillip Merling and Kendall Langford also caused a lot of havoc for Luke McCown (the starting QB for the Bucs).

Now the Dolphin's second team looked really bad. Beck was average.

Goobylal
08-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Chad Henne looked really good. If you ever get a chance to watch it, skip to the second quarter and you might be a little impressed. Not to mention, Jake Long was dominant. Phillip Merling and Kendall Langford also caused a lot of havoc for Luke McCown (the starting QB for the Bucs).

Now the Dolphin's second team looked really bad. Beck was average.
Henne looked really good throwing for 50% and leading the team to a FG against the Bucs' backups? And Luke McCown is the Bucs' 2nd string QB.

Bling
08-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Henne looked really good throwing for 50% and leading the team to a FG against the Bucs' backups? And Luke McCown is the Bucs' 2nd string QB.

Stats are meaningless when you only have 10 passes. Ernest Wilford dropped a cupcake. That's 60%. Now is he so bad? It's kind of like saying an MLB baseball player will have 163 HRs because they got a home run in their first game.

And Jeff Garcia didn't make the trip. Luke McCown was the starting QB, meaning he played with the first string Offensive line. Langford and Merling, both rookies, gave them problems. I think Langford was credited with a sack or half a sack.

Like I said, watch the game on NFL Network. You'll be impressed by the guys I pointed out. Also a friendly tip, don't talk about stuff you don't know. :up:

mikemac2001
08-09-2008, 10:24 PM
All i wanted was to see them throw a med/long pass to him ....they did and made a great catch...i can deal with other bs in first preseason game.....also courtney anderson had a nice catch in traffic

Historian
08-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Oh yeah. This kid is something special. :up:

:love: James Hardy

This will be my next throw back jersey.

I'm gonna convert my Peerless Price jersey, lol.

Confused
08-10-2008, 09:00 AM
They need to get Hardy the ball alot more. play to his strenghts and work on improving his weak areas. we will have us a monster in time.

Goobylal
08-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Stats are meaningless when you only have 10 passes. Ernest Wilford dropped a cupcake. That's 60%. Now is he so bad? It's kind of like saying an MLB baseball player will have 163 HRs because they got a home run in their first game.
Oh, I see. Henne's stats suffered because Wilford dropped a pass, but in the thread saying Edwards could have completed all his passes if not for drops and missed reads, the response was :::. Got it.

And Jeff Garcia didn't make the trip. Luke McCown was the starting QB, meaning he played with the first string Offensive line. Langford and Merling, both rookies, gave them problems. I think Langford was credited with a sack or half a sack.
There's a reason McCown is a backup, and not a very good one at that. And did you know that last year in 5 games, with just 3 starts, he was sacked 15 times?

Like I said, watch the game on NFL Network. You'll be impressed by the guys I pointed out. Also a friendly tip, don't talk about stuff you don't know. :up:
Like that's ever stopped you.

PECKERWOOD
08-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Oh, I see. Henne's stats suffered because Wilford dropped a pass, but in the thread saying Edwards could have completed all his passes if not for drops and missed reads, the response was :::. Got it.

There's a reason McCown is a backup, and not a very good one at that. And did you know that last year in 5 games, with just 3 starts, he was sacked 15 times?

Like that's ever stopped you.

Thank you for putting junior in his place, god his posts are annoying.

Ingtar33
08-10-2008, 11:25 AM

actually that pass was terrible.

It was supposed to be a fade to the back of the endzone (you can tell by the body positioning Hardy was getting on the rout, he was surprised when he had to come back inside for it), JP under threw it.

had hardy not pushed off a little, that would have been a pick.

that play is one of the better example of why you can't tell how a player played by his stat line.

I was watching the highlights of the vikings preseason game, and their quarterback (Tarvaris Jackson) who had a fair game statistically, was proving he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his completions... most of them, were great catches by wide open wrs who were immediately tackled because the pass forced them to stop in their rout, or do some sort of acrobatics to get their fingers on it.

in short he was terrible, yet the other team was so focused on peterson, he had wide open guys all over the field to throw to. his numbers were 8/11, 118, 1TD, better then both our guys, and i think they both looked better then Jackson.

patmoran2006
08-10-2008, 01:20 PM
i disagree.. I thought it was a great pass

coastal
08-10-2008, 01:25 PM
It was a bad pass.

It was a great catch.

Hardy is a playmaker.

SABURZFAN
08-10-2008, 01:30 PM
actually that pass was terrible.

It was supposed to be a fade to the back of the endzone (you can tell by the body positioning Hardy was getting on the rout, he was surprised when he had to come back inside for it), JP under threw it.

had hardy not pushed off a little, that would have been a pick.

that play is one of the better example of why you can't tell how a player played by his stat line.

:bf1:

the Lickers won't believe you though.

Yasgur's Farm
08-10-2008, 02:25 PM

Now the Dolphin's second team looked really bad. Beck was average.Actually... Those 3 make a pretty impressive draft. I really wanted Merling to be a Bill.

Yasgur's Farm
08-10-2008, 02:28 PM
actually that pass was terrible.That's just the fever talking right there. I get it that all ya'll think Edwards is the second coming... But does that mean you need to continually minimize the accomplishments of other Bills players?

Ingtar33
08-10-2008, 04:16 PM
well, i think both QBs are mediocre on a good day.

please do not ascribe to me motivations in an attempt to discredit an uncomfortable truth. We have enough of that in politics today. I'd appreciate it if us bills fans could get away from such an intellectually dishonest form of debate.

debating the motivations and not the point is lazy.

We're better then that.

If you wish to question my post, question me on the conclusion that it was a poor pass. I believe it was intended to be a fade pattern based on the rout, and 30 years in football as a player, scout, coach and fan. I am pretty sure im right about this, 95% certain actually.

in order for me to be wrong, 2 things would have had to go wrong on the play. 1) Hardy would have had to have run a poor rout, and gave the defender position to make a play on the ball. 2) Losman would have had to seen hardy covered and throne the pass anyway, into dangerous coverage. Now, it simply doesn't make sense, for hardy to give up the inside, then fight back inside when the balls in the air. when you consider how easy it was for him to take position on the pass, he shouldn't have been in bad position in the first place.

As a result, it is my conclusion, take it or leave it, that Hardy was running a fade rout, and Losman saw the CB had no help, and hardy had position, was trying to throw it. Instead he threw a bad pass, hardy made a great play on it... got away with a push-off, and made the catch.

Debate my view of the play, please leave the losman-edwards debate out of it.

both our QBs are bad, to advocate either of them, to the point of causing issues in this community of bills fans seems moronic to me.