PDA

View Full Version : The Good And Bad from my perspective this game

VeggieMan14
08-10-2008, 12:00 AM
I shall start off with the things i was dissapointed in today now granted this is only the first preseason game and doesnt mean anything but i thought i would just put my 5 cents in

1. Trent Edwards- I don't think he played enough tonight, i thought that they would have let him play a little bit more than he did tonight and he didnt rlly get to showcase anything with his small amount of passes.

2. First team defense against the draw- I was not at all impressed with the way they performed tonight in general but against the HB draw was rediculous idk how many yards the deadskins got only off f draw plays alone i mean betts must have had 90% of his yards from draw plays

3. defensive play against short slants- It seemed that mckelvin especially was getting burnt a lot on the short slants they threw to thrash and moss and randle el through out the game and that made for a rather large chunk ofyards through the air. and why did our linebackers in coverage not step up and make the play

4. pass defense against the rb's- everytime a guy did a delayed route from the rb position he was wide open why did none of our lb's pick that up?

5. First Team Offensive line- now granted we have guys playing new positions and no peters but trent had absolutely no time to throw and marshawn had no lanes to run through. luckily trent is smart and marshawn is a bulldog and refuses to go down so they made up for it. and secondly all the penalties i mean believe me it was loud i was there but a quarter of the seats were empty i dnt wanna know what happens if that stadium is full

I look for all of these areas to be adjusted for next week i think a lot of this was due to it being the first preseason game with a hyped up redskins crowd but i think next week we will see improvement

And now for the good stuff

1. Hardy- He looked fantastic today and he looked like a starter. when he stepped out on that field i looked at him and he looked like he deserved to be out there he is the real deal and i look for him to improve.

2. Trents decision making and arm strength- Once again we hardly saw him but from what i saw of him he was making good smart passes and he even threw the ball away the one time when the heat was there and he picked up that no one was getting quickly enough. two the one throw that he made that was telegraphed into the endzone had some cheese on it and was to hard to handle for the db that tipped it and he looked a lot bigger than last time i saw him so he must have put on some muscle

3. Lynch- He came out tonight ready to play knowing he wasnt going to play much just running through everyone. and it was fun to see him on the sidelines. it looks like everyone around him is having a good time and he even gave me a wave when i called his name. he is a grreat guy and is a great locker room guy i can tell.

4. Special Teams- They were flying down the field tonight especially on the fumble the first play of the game. and mckelvin looked good returning kicks so i hope to see more of him throughout preseason.

5. Poz- he was all over the field making tackles tonight when he was in. he looks great and hopefully he can stay healthy throughot the season

Well im really tired from writing all that hope somebody reads it and once again i know its preseason and it doesnt matter just putting my 5 cents in

:gobills: -Veggie

bluerosekiller
08-10-2008, 12:46 AM
You made some good observations & your good points were, indeed, encouraging.

As for the bad, no need to panic. Other than the OL's problems that is.
All we can hope for is that after tonight's showing the powers that be come to their senses & do everything within their power to get Peters into camp ASAP.

Regarding the lack of playing time that TE had, yeah, his getting his feet wet was actually little more than sticking his big toe into the pool, but there's three more long weeks to go to get him ready for the season, so I'm not worried.

Peace.

- Jim

patmoran2006
08-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Good post overall. I added some comments/opinions of my own to coincide with yours.

I shall start off with the things i was dissapointed in today now granted this is only the first preseason game and doesnt mean anything but i thought i would just put my 5 cents in

1. Trent Edwards- I don't think he played enough tonight, i thought that they would have let him play a little bit more than he did tonight and he didnt rlly get to showcase anything with his small amount of passes.
Totally agreed. Don't you worry though, people will panic and they'll be a million JP threads this week.

2. First team defense against the draw- I was not at all impressed with the way they performed tonight in general but against the HB draw was rediculous idk how many yards the deadskins got only off f draw plays alone i mean betts must have had 90% of his yards from draw plays
So was the second and third team units too. Is it me or did we looked TOTALLY outcoached and prepared tonight?

3. defensive play against short slants- It seemed that mckelvin especially was getting burnt a lot on the short slants they threw to thrash and moss and randle el through out the game and that made for a rather large chunk ofyards through the air. and why did our linebackers in coverage not step up and make the play

4. pass defense against the rb's- everytime a guy did a delayed route from the rb position he was wide open why did none of our lb's pick that up?
Our LBs really had problems in pass coverage tonight.. especially Mitchell.

5. First Team Offensive line- now granted we have guys playing new positions and no peters but trent had absolutely no time to throw and marshawn had no lanes to run through. luckily trent is smart and marshawn is a bulldog and refuses to go down so they made up for it. and secondly all the penalties i mean believe me it was loud i was there but a quarter of the seats were empty i dnt wanna know what happens if that stadium is full
It is beat to death, but we NEED Jason Peters, plain and simple.

I look for all of these areas to be adjusted for next week i think a lot of this was due to it being the first preseason game with a hyped up redskins crowd but i think next week we will see improvement

And now for the good stuff

1. Hardy- He looked fantastic today and he looked like a starter. when he stepped out on that field i looked at him and he looked like he deserved to be out there he is the real deal and i look for him to improve.
He has ALOT to improve on, and what I love about him is he knows and says it more than anyone.

2. Trents decision making and arm strength- Once again we hardly saw him but from what i saw of him he was making good smart passes and he even threw the ball away the one time when the heat was there and he picked up that no one was getting quickly enough. two the one throw that he made that was telegraphed into the endzone had some cheese on it and was to hard to handle for the db that tipped it and he looked a lot bigger than last time i saw him so he must have put on some muscle
Trent showed nothing tonight, but that 3rd down pass to Parrish for 18 yards was sexy.

3. Lynch- He came out tonight ready to play knowing he wasnt going to play much just running through everyone. and it was fun to see him on the sidelines. it looks like everyone around him is having a good time and he even gave me a wave when i called his name. he is a grreat guy and is a great locker room guy i can tell.
Beast.

4. Special Teams- They were flying down the field tonight especially on the fumble the first play of the game. and mckelvin looked good returning kicks so i hope to see more of him throughout preseason.
Solid tonight.

5. Poz- he was all over the field making tackles tonight when he was in. he looks great and hopefully he can stay healthy throughot the season
Mixed reviews on Poz.
Well im really tired from writing all that hope somebody reads it and once again i know its preseason and it doesnt matter just putting my 5 cents in

:gobills: -Veggie

acehole
08-10-2008, 02:06 AM
[quote=VeggieMan14]I2. Trents decision making and arm strength- Once again we hardly saw him but from what i saw of him he was making good smart passes and he even threw the ball away the one time when the heat was there and he picked up that no one was getting quickly enough. two the one throw that he made that was telegraphed into the endzone had some cheese on it and was to hard to handle for the db that tipped it and he looked a lot bigger than last time i saw him so he must have put on some muscle

OMG....hahahaha....

Historian
08-10-2008, 05:58 AM

Games tend to ebb and flow, but I have to agree that this was one of the things that is really going to need addressed.

Right up the gut will not only kill you...it just plain looks bad, lol.

Dantheman1280
08-10-2008, 06:44 AM
I agree with most of your points, and I have a few to add.

Negative-

The D-Line looked bad. We had one sack all night and that was from the linebacker position. The starters were not applying much pressure and McCargo and Johnson could not even create pressure against the 3rd teamers.

Missed Field Goal! I don't care if its early in the preseason, there is no reason to miss a field goal.

Fumbles- Why can't our reserve running backs handle the ball, Wright and Omon!

Reggie Corner- He was picked on all night long.

Kirk Chambers flat out blows!

now for the good stuff

Positive-

Langston Walker did an Ok job at LT and held JT at bay

John Wendling was around the ball all night long

Roscoe Parrish is a beast and needs to be featured in this offense

other than those you covered it.

Misc thoughts-

It is so frustrating watching JP, he has the tools of a top 5 QB (not making this into a JP vs TE)

Good challenge by DJ

I don't care if its the first game off the year, the short field goal attempts are driving me nuts

Hardy will be solid, but needs a lot of polishing

GO BILLS

Typ0
08-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Good post overall. I added some comments/opinions of my own to coincide with yours.

the team did not prepare for the redskins so I don't think you can say they were outcoached or ill prepared.

mybills
08-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I agree with Pat.."Mixed reviews on Poz."
He got burned in the red zone.