PDA

View Full Version : Well OP was right, we lost......

Mitchy moo
08-10-2008, 07:55 AM
I can't remember the loss and neither will the books, so did it really happen??

OpIv37
08-10-2008, 08:57 AM
It's preseason. The score doesn't matter.

What concerns me is that the O looked completely inept and the D didn't look much better, particularly against the run. I'll make more comments after I watch the game again on the DVR (some things were hard to see in the stadium). But generally, I was hoping to see something that suggested I've been wrong this whole time. Instead, I saw new reasons for concern that I didn't think were problems.

It was disheartening, to say the least.

Mitchy moo
08-10-2008, 08:59 AM
:drama:

Confused
08-10-2008, 09:01 AM
It was our 1st preseason game. I would be alarmed if we didnt look bad.

OpIv37
08-10-2008, 09:03 AM
It was our 1st preseason game. I would be alarmed if we didnt look bad.

there's a difference between looking bad and looking completely inept. Our O was completely inept. I didn't expect them to look good. I was just hoping for something to suggest this O is better than last year's, but what I saw could have been a tape of last year's O.

Mitchy moo
08-10-2008, 09:04 AM
there's a difference between looking bad and looking completely inept. Our O was completely inept. I didn't expect them to look good. I was just hoping for something to suggest this O is better than last year's, but what I saw could have been a tape of last year's O.

We kicked the FG from the 12 instead of the 20.

Confused
08-10-2008, 09:04 AM
give em time OP. thats all i can say.

djjimkelly
08-10-2008, 09:09 AM

What concerns me is that the O looked completely inept and the D didn't look much better, particularly against the run. I'll make more comments after I watch the game again on the DVR (some things were hard to see in the stadium). But generally, I was hoping to see something that suggested I've been wrong this whole time. Instead, I saw new reasons for concern that I didn't think were problems.

JP didnt look inept!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
08-10-2008, 09:14 AM
JP didnt look inept!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agreee but the annointed starting qb did which concerns me.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 09:17 AM

I'm with OP. The game made me think we have more issues, not less.

We can't stop the run, still.

Mitchy moo
08-10-2008, 09:21 AM

When you call the wrong D with the 3rd stringers, things like that will happen.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 09:35 AM
I agreee but the annointed starting qb did which concerns me.

Trent looked very uncomfortable and didn't play well even if you give him the Hardy play back. However, not alot of game to judge him on.

I am convinced that Losman is Losman. The pass to Roscoe was severly underthrown but Roscoe came up with the ball. Does that make JP good? I think JP is every bit the liability that he is the answer and he proved that last year.

The funny part is Joe Theisman was mentioning JP's throwing motion. The sad part is that maybe if JP had been managed better, had a real QB coach, maybe he could have had a career in this league.

yordad
08-10-2008, 02:56 PM
The sad part is that maybe if JP had been managed better, had a real QB coach, maybe he could have had a career in this league.I thought he was the QB. I didn't realize they let the popcorn man under center.

He has a career in this league.

Mitchell55
08-10-2008, 03:03 PM

I will be alarmed if the same thing happens when McGee, Whitner, Crowell, and Stroud play. 3 of those players are the biggest components to our run D. If we suck with them, we are in trouble.

Mitchell55
08-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Trent looked very uncomfortable and didn't play well even if you give him the Hardy play back. However, not alot of game to judge him on.

I am convinced that Losman is Losman. The pass to Roscoe was severly underthrown but Roscoe came up with the ball. Does that make JP good? I think JP is every bit the liability that he is the answer and he proved that last year.

The funny part is Joe Theisman was mentioning JP's throwing motion. The sad part is that maybe if JP had been managed better, had a real QB coach, maybe he could have had a career in this league.

The pass to roscoe shouldve been incomplete. That takes like 30 yards from his 70. Thats only 40 yards. He also had 9 passes. Thats not great.

OpIv37
08-11-2008, 07:59 AM
I will be alarmed if the same thing happens when McGee, Whitner, Crowell, and Stroud play. 3 of those players are the biggest components to our run D. If we suck with them, we are in trouble.

The DL was getting blown off the ball. None of those guys play DL. Getting them back means the RB gets 5 yards instead of 7.

trapezeus
08-11-2008, 09:03 AM
what' was JP's stats? 7-9 for 79 yards? that's usually his stats over a full game. So congrats for JP for proving us all wrong that he isn't a starter in this league.