PDA

View Full Version : Ralph was right, we are not very good!

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Okay, before I begin, anyone who thinks that JP created some QB contoversy last night needs to be a fan of a different sport. Trent did not look good, but he was out there for such a short period of time that there is no way you can make that a comparison.

Things that are for sure:

1) Trent did not look good. He was staring down receivers and it is apparant that this kid was very uncomfortable out there.

2) Turk Schonert is going to be a joke if this keeps up. What a joke of play calling. Play calling is the most important job that an OC has. Period. He looks worse than Fairchild.

3) That's our new improved D??? Geez. Looks like the same crappy D to me. I guess our D looks good when they are playing against Schonerts crappy O.

4) Kirk Chambers does not belong in the NFL. I told you that the Bills had no backups on the OL. What a joke. Make Peters the highest paid LT. End of story.

justasportsfan
08-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Okay, before I begin, anyone who thinks that JP created some QB contoversy last night needs to be a fan of a different sport. Trent did not look good, but he was out there for such a short period of time that there is no way you can make that a comparison.

you shouldn't be a fan of ANY sport.JP was better than Trent even if you compare their first 2 drives. Scrubs or not, JP wasn't playing with our starters either.

Confused
08-10-2008, 08:50 AM
A knee jerk reactiom to the first live gameplay this team as had since December.
I agree that Peters needs to get his fat ass here but that has nothing to do with our play lastnite.
I will be upset if none of our players learned anything last nite(thats what preseason is for) and the same mistakes are made in Canada.
We looked very very sloppy. The Offense needs much more work but almost(Peters!!!) all the pieces are there, we just need to hammer out some rough spots.
The first preseason game is usually more about the playbook than the players.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 08:56 AM
you shouldn't be a fan of ANY sport.JP was better than Trent even if you compare their first 2 drives. Scrubs or not, JP wasn't playing with our starters either.

Same old Losman. Too high, too low, underthrown. Re-watch his first 10 throws.

Trent was not good last night, and Losman was Losman.

QB controversy. Yeah, trade for Brady Quinn.

Mitchy moo
08-10-2008, 09:01 AM
It looked like our first preseason game to me.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 09:09 AM
It looked like our first preseason game to me.

Skooby, I was expecting alot more out of our first string considering these are the guys that will be playing on week 1.

Mitchy moo
08-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Skooby, I was expecting alot more out of our first string considering these are the guys that will be playing on week 1.

In the 12 snaps they took?? Trent completed a long, powerful pass that got us a FG.

patmoran2006
08-10-2008, 09:27 AM

1) Trent did not look good. He was staring down receivers and it is apparant that this kid was very uncomfortable out there.
He didn't. He also played two series and threw 5 passes. It's ok man. Bret Favre, when he was in his PRIME, was a notorious slow starter. If you judged him on his first five passes each game he'd be the worst QB ever.

2) Turk Schonert is going to be a joke if this keeps up. What a joke of play calling. Play calling is the most important job that an OC has. Period. He looks worse than Fairchild.
What didn't you like? Lynch was out of the game in first five minutes, and Evans only made a cameo. Again, way to much of a quick reaction. Also, let me add it wouldn't matter of Bill Walsh was reborn and was our OC. If you're OL doesn't block you will NEVER look good on offense.

3) That's our new improved D??? Geez. Looks like the same crappy D to me. I guess our D looks good when they are playing against Schonerts crappy O.
Stroud and Schobel played ONE series. Whitner didn't play at all. The rest played two series.. HOwever, I think the D looked like crap pretty much all night. we were outcoached. Everytime we ran something it seemed to play right into the Skins' hands.

4) Kirk Chambers does not belong in the NFL. I told you that the Bills had no backups on the OL. What a joke. Make Peters the highest paid LT. End of story.
Chambers should not be a STARTER that's for sure. Saying the Bills need Peters is like saying the Pats need Brady.. That's a given. I'm a little concerned about the interior of our OL as well. We couldn't create a hole up the middle to save our live.

Luisito23
08-10-2008, 09:34 AM
We looked bad on our 1st. meaningless pre-season game, let's call it quits and get ready for the draft!....:tricycle:

patmoran2006
08-10-2008, 09:38 AM
We looked bad on our 1st. meaningless pre-season game, let's call it quits and get ready for the draft!....:tricycle:
I get the sarcasm suggesting a lot of over reacting going on, and you're right.

But preseason game or scrimmage. Last night this looked just like the 2007 Buffalo Bills, and that's not good enough.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 09:43 AM

The Redskins drove the ball down the field, mainly running it, and scored against our new improved D. Our O got the ball in great field position and couldn't punch the ball into the endzone.

That was plenty for me.

Mike13
08-10-2008, 09:48 AM
:drama:

DMBcrew36
08-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Man I still don't believe Ralph said it.

Wah wah wah supposedly this person said that he um saw him and um he said... wah wah wah

PromoTheRobot
08-10-2008, 10:07 AM
By "Ralph" do you mean the homeless guy wearing a Bills jacket your buddy saw in Maine?

PTR

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 10:21 AM
By "Ralph" do you mean the homeless guy wearing a Bills jacket your buddy saw in Maine?

PTR

If it makes you feel better believing that it's not true than so be it.

My brother-in-law, who's an ivy league graduate, has enough going on in his life not to invent a story while sitting up in Maine on vacation.

It's posters like you that make people not want to share stuff on this site.

DMBcrew36
08-10-2008, 10:23 AM
If it makes you feel better believing that it's not true than so be it.

My brother-in-law, who's an ivy league graduate, has enough going on in his life not to invent a story while sitting up in Maine on vacation.

It's posters like you that make people not want to share stuff on this site.

All I'm saying is...

What's a mega-old dude like Ralph doing in Maine? Why is he wearing his Bills jacket? Why would he go out of his way to share his feelings with a random stranger? Why would he even publicly state that he thought they were going to suck? Of all people he should be optimistic.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 10:29 AM
All I'm saying is...

What's a mega-old dude like Ralph doing in Maine? Why is he wearing his Bills jacket? Why would he go out of his way to share his feelings with a random stranger? Why would he even publicly state that he thought they were going to suck? Of all people he should be optimistic.

My brother-in-law thought it was funny as well. Would the story be better if I lied? Geez.

Nighthawk
08-10-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm not too worried, considering it was the first preseason game. However, I noticed they're still calling the same old, lame, bunch formation on short yardage and it doesn't work. Turk needs to get an f'n clue and fast. Also, if you noticed on Trent's possessions, the Bills ran the ball on first down every time! I thought that Turk was going to mix it up? On defense, it was the same old lame Perry Fool...always playing the CBs 20 yards off the WRs. This guy is going to be a BIG problem this year and he has no excuses...this defense has talent!

However, as I stated in the beginning...it's the first preseason game and you have to remember that.

ScottLawrence
08-10-2008, 10:46 AM

He didn't. He also played two series and threw 5 passes. It's ok man. Bret Favre, when he was in his PRIME, was a notorious slow starter. If you judged him on his first five passes each game he'd be the worst QB ever.

What didn't you like? Lynch was out of the game in first five minutes, and Evans only made a cameo. Again, way to much of a quick reaction. Also, let me add it wouldn't matter of Bill Walsh was reborn and was our OC. If you're OL doesn't block you will NEVER look good on offense.

Stroud and Schobel played ONE series. Whitner didn't play at all. The rest played two series.. HOwever, I think the D looked like crap pretty much all night. we were outcoached. Everytime we ran something it seemed to play right into the Skins' hands.

Chambers should not be a STARTER that's for sure. Saying the Bills need Peters is like saying the Pats need Brady.. That's a given. I'm a little concerned about the interior of our OL as well. We couldn't create a hole up the middle to save our live.

Outcoached?

It's preseason. No one is game planning.

TacklingDummy
08-10-2008, 11:09 AM

Agreed.

Historian
08-10-2008, 11:34 AM

I laughed my nuts off when he overthrew Hardy over the middle....

BAM
08-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Outcoached?

It's preseason. No one is game planning.

VERY GOOD! At least somebody gets it.

It is a well-known FACT that they don't even begin game planning for preseason games until mid-week.

Preseason is called PREseason for a reason.

I might write a song about it. :dj:

BAM
08-10-2008, 11:41 AM
PS When the heck did Ralph (I'm assuming Ralph= Ralph Wilson) say the Bills sucked?

feelthepain
08-10-2008, 12:36 PM

Look I've been on the Bills as much as anyone, but your team didn't look any worse then anyone elses. It's pre season, it's the first game. Teams are doing things they wouldn't normaly do, trying things they don't always try. Football is a game of timing. It takes time for that to come together. Sometimes in pre season teams look great an whne the season sarts they look like crap and vice versa.

I think the Bills had their moments last night, not all bad. I think the Bills have some talent and they can win some games. I think Lynch will improve on last year and I think Trent will too, it's just not gonna happen right away. The only teams that usually have success right away are the teams that are established, the Bills aren't established, they are still putting the pieces together. Changing OC is a very big deal changing Oline coahces is also a big deal. You may have the talent to compete, but you aren't the Colts or Pats that have been running the same system and players year after year. Bill fans think it's just add a couple of pieces, get back some injured and suddenly we're a playoff team. There's far more to it then that, the Bills have to keep what they have together and not make large changes every year an they need the QB position SOLVED not "OK, we've may have found our guy"

SABURZFAN
08-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I laughed my nuts off when he overthrew Hardy over the middle....

i just shook my head in disbelief.

yordad
08-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I laughed my nuts off when he overthrew Hardy over the middle....That was sarcasm, right? It hit him in both hands at neck level.

helmetguy
08-10-2008, 03:14 PM
We're doomed.

DOOMED!

Mitchell55
08-10-2008, 03:27 PM

The play calling is different when the season starts. Indianapolis looked stupid in preseason. In red. We didnt have our most important players. Whitner, McGee, Crowell, and Stroud (barley played). When Stroud played, we were looking great. Trent had 5 snaps. He doesnt look down his recievers like Losman does. And the little problem he has with that can be fixed come Seattle. Just relax, fix your panties, and wait till theres a reason to actually complain.

Mitchy moo
08-10-2008, 03:29 PM
PS When the heck did Ralph (I'm assuming Ralph= Ralph Wilson) say the Bills sucked?

Some guy supposedly saw RW in Maine and talked Bills with him and his wife. Then RW said his team doesn't look that good. I personally think it's BS and there is no link, so it is.

FlyingDutchman
08-10-2008, 04:58 PM
For crying out loud. Can you really knit pick a friggin scrimmage? Trent had 5 pass attempts, half of which nobody got open, or ran the wrong route. Then he sat, as did the rest of the players who actually matter. This might as well been a practice. Its a chance to run plays against a different uniform and see how a team will react. There is no game plan offensively or defensively.

Sure execution could have been better, thats was practice and PRESEASON GAMES are for, to correct that.

Mitchy moo
08-10-2008, 05:05 PM
For crying out loud. Can you really knit pick a friggin scrimmage? Trent had 5 pass attempts, half of which nobody got open, or ran the wrong route. Then he sat, as did the rest of the players who actually matter. This might as well been a practice. Its a chance to run plays against a different uniform and see how a team will react. There is no game plan offensively or defensively.

Sure execution could have been better, thats was practice and PRESEASON GAMES are for, to correct that.

Some here thought the game was the end all to judge the team. I cannot see how blown routes and mistiming can be considered anything but correctable.

acehole
08-10-2008, 06:55 PM
1-5

Nice spin though.

BAM
08-10-2008, 09:44 PM
1-5

Nice spin though.

10-21. Nice spi.... whoops nevermind there's absolutely no way to spin that. I'd love to see an attempt though.

Ickybaluky
08-11-2008, 07:28 AM
My brother-in-law, who's an ivy league graduate,

Not for nothing, but... so isn't Ted Kaczynski.