PDA

View Full Version : AFter Re-Watching the Game

patmoran2006
08-10-2008, 09:35 AM
A lot of Chambers blasting going on here. It's obvious he's not a starter; even he knows it I'm sure. We need Peters that's a given. He is a franchise LT and Walker is much better on the right.

But it goes deeper than that. Peters wouldn't have made a difference last night. And frankly, Chambers did not play ALL that bad (though he certainly wasn't solid either)

I'm really concerned about the INTERIOR of our OL. They looked overpowered last night and this is also a trend from last year. Our running game does NOTHING between the tackles and at least twice the pocket collapsed under Edwards within two and a half seconds up the middle.

Fowler gets a lot of heat on here and he deserves it. But he's not alone. Butler and Dockery both looked like **** too. I rewound two plays where Cornelius Griffin (pretty sure it was him) had his way with Dockery.

I know Docks got the big bucks last year and Butler got a nice extension recently, but our OL line woes are not going to be totally solved simply by getting Peters back in the fold. Our interior OL better start playing a lot better or you're going to be seeing a ton of 3rd and longs this year.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Pat, go watch it again.

Chambers was supoosed to be the backup LT. He sucked so bad there that they had to move him. Nice false start for a guy who's not a rookie. He was horrible last night.

How this POS is on our a roster is the real joke. Nice drafting guys.

patmoran2006
08-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Pat, go watch it again.

Chambers was supoosed to be the backup LT. He sucked so bad there that they had to move him. Nice false start for a guy who's not a rookie. He was horrible last night.

How this POS is on our a roster is the real joke. Nice drafting guys.
You aint going to find a person on this board more Pro-Peters than me. I have fought with dozens on here, blaming the Bills for not getting him into camp.. Everyone says Peters can rot in hell, whatever.. I say the Bills are throwing the season away for 52 other guys unless they bring him in.

Having said that. It wasn't just Chambers. You're also wrong. It was 100% by design he played left tackle for the first quarter and right tackle for the second quarter last night.

He does suck, and he's barely an adequate backup. Matter of fact, i think Murphy is going to eventually to pass him on the depth chart.

But the easy thing is to blame the OL on Chambers.. THe reality was the interior of the OL was awful, especially on run plays-- and they weren't so great last year either.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 09:46 AM
You aint going to find a person on this board more Pro-Peters than me. I have fought with dozens on here, blaming the Bills for not getting him into camp.. Everyone says Peters can rot in hell, whatever.. I say the Bills are throwing the season away for 52 other guys unless they bring him in.

Having said that. It wasn't just Chambers. You're also wrong. It was 100% by design he played left tackle for the first quarter and right tackle for the second quarter last night.

He does suck, and he's barely an adequate backup. Matter of fact, i think Murphy is going to eventually to pass him on the depth chart.

But the easy thing is to blame the OL on Chambers.. THe reality was the interior of the OL was awful, especially on run plays-- and they weren't so great last year either.

I know that Chambers was supposed to play RT last night. What I was saying is that he struggled at LT in camp and they moved him because he was so weak. He's making the whole line weaker because you have to move your starting RT to LT.

Goobylal
08-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Walker also had a false start. Both his and Chambers' false starts came because each was facing Jason Taylor. But it only happened once. Hardly a reason to throw either off the team.

Oh and Chambers wasn't drafted by the Bills.

coastal
08-10-2008, 10:12 AM
I couldn't agree more... we have not gotten our money's worth out of Derrick Dockery.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Walker also had a false start. Both his and Chambers' false starts came because each was facing Jason Taylor. But it only happened once. Hardly a reason to throw either off the team.

Oh and Chambers wasn't drafted by the Bills.

Geez, la wheez. Yes, I know that Chambers was not drafted by the Bills. Point yet again, is that we haven't drafted any potential. Duke Preston, etc.