PDA

View Full Version : 4 major reasons why our D looked so bad

Mitchell55
08-10-2008, 02:51 PM
1. Stoud only played 1 series, so our D, wasnt realy the new D that we came to watch.

2. We had rookies and 5th string CBs playing Moss and Randall el. Our 6th string CB covered Moss the whole 1st quarter.

3. Crowell wasnt there. Was 9th in tackles. Our best player on D. alot of the runs were to his side.

4. Biggest one. Whitner wasnt there. Our safties over pursued and Portis ran all over us even in the 2ndary. Whitner is a good tackler, so he wouldnt let that happen.Also, most big pass plays came in the middle of the field. If Whitner played, they wouldve been crushed.

coastal
08-10-2008, 02:52 PM
wrong... the biggest reason is that Perry Fewell is the defensive coordinator.

Mitchell55
08-10-2008, 02:54 PM
wrong... the biggest reason is that Perry Fewell is the defensive coordinator.

Thats also true. He shouldve blitzed alot. Our D seemed lost out there. Mitchell covered Randall el 2 times and obviously was burnt. Alot of it also had to do with new players.

The Spaz
08-10-2008, 02:55 PM
We are dooomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goobylal
08-10-2008, 03:00 PM
On the first series, the defense prevented the Skins from doing anything. Mind you, this was a Bills team getting its first pre-season action, while the Redskins were on their 2nd game. Add in that Crowell, Whitner, and McGee were out (that's over 25% of the starting defense) and Stroud only played one series (that's over 33% of the starting defense out after the 1st series), and I'm not concerned at all.

Mitchell55
08-10-2008, 03:10 PM
On the first series, the defense prevented the Skins from doing anything. Mind you, this was a Bills team getting its first pre-season action, while the Redskins were on their 2nd game. Add in that Crowell, Whitner, and McGee were out (that's over 25% of the starting defense) and Stroud only played one series (that's over 33% of the starting defense out after the 1st series), and I'm not concerned at all.

Yeah. When stroud was in there we stopped them. The only big play for them was the pass that was at Corners side I think. We also got pressure on that play. With Whitner, it will prevent middle passes. With Crowell, they wont run it to his side. They have to decide, where do we run it. To Crowell, or Mitchell. Not a good desision. Yesturday the choice was clear since Ellison played.

Nighthawk
08-10-2008, 03:20 PM
It's early, but this coaching staff seems like it will be the achilles heel of this team...again.

coastal
08-10-2008, 03:24 PM
It's early, but this coaching staff seems like it will be the achilles heel of this team...again.No doubt.

I still can't figure out how Jauron let Fairchild ruin this team last year.

EVERYONE knew what plays we were going to run.

And Jauron let it happen.

He is going to do the same thing this year with Fewell.

tampabay25690
08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Our D looked so bad because it is there 1st game!!!!!

This is WASH 2nd game as a unit to play. The BILLS will play much better in there 2nd preseason game........And everyone will be all happy on the site again..

Pinkerton Security
08-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Our D looked so bad because it is there 1st game!!!!!

This is WASH 2nd game as a unit to play. The BILLS will play much better in there 2nd preseason game........And everyone will be all happy on the site again..

look at the vikes. they got stomped on their first 3 series by the seahawks. they are supposed to have some sort of super bowl caliber defense. what happened there?!??!

soapman
08-11-2008, 09:26 AM
The biggest reason in my opinion was the interchanging of DB's as early as Play #2 where 3rd and 4th options were coming in. Don't know if DJ was tryna eval them against a 1st string O. Shloby and Stroud came out after the first series as well. BTW is Ryan Denny 7ft tall? He towers over the entire team!

HAMMER
08-11-2008, 12:16 PM
look at the vikes. they got stomped on their first 3 series by the seahawks. they are supposed to have some sort of super bowl caliber defense. what happened there?!??!

What happened was neither Kevin or Pat Williams played at all.

zone
08-11-2008, 02:05 PM
The biggest reason is that it is PRESEASON! They just go out and play, they are not running blitz packages or intricate game plans.

Are you guys just messing around, or do you really believe that we a are doomed because of 1 preseason game?

HAMMER
08-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Most all of them are serious.

RockStar36
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I can't wait for this season to just be over. I need to be put out of my misery. The season is over and done with. Trent is a bust. The defense is horrible.

Ronald Hinckleberry
08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm tired of the excuses.

Jaruon is supposed to be some sort of defensive guru and Bills teams have been god awful. Either put up or shut up and get your skelton looking ass out of town jack!

paladin warrior
08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
WHO IS A CHARGE FOR "D"? AND LEARN AND FIX CORRECT "D" BEFORE THE SEASON START.....

OpIv37
08-11-2008, 09:13 PM
The biggest reason is that it is PRESEASON! They just go out and play, they are not running blitz packages or intricate game plans.

Are you guys just messing around, or do you really believe that we a are doomed because of 1 preseason game?

we were doomed when we let Pat Williams walk.

we were doomed when Jauron became our head coach.

we were doomed by a complete inability to find a QB by at least 3 FO's over a 10 year period.

we were doomed when the FO did next to nothing to upgrade the NFL's 30th ranked offense.

we were doomed by years of giving contracts to guys like Tripplett, Schobel, Kelsay, Peerless Price, Tutan Reyes, etc who don't earn them on the field.

we were really doomed when Jason Peters started holding out.

Losing a preseason game isn't the reason why are doomed- it's just an on-the-field demonstration of why we are doomed.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 09:36 PM
we were doomed when we let Pat Williams walk. (agree but we have the next best thing)

we were doomed when Jauron became our head coach. (true, but we were doomed before that)

we were doomed by a complete inability to find a QB by at least 3 FO's over a 10 year period. (you cant say that untill the Edwards era ends)

we were doomed when the FO did next to nothing to upgrade the NFL's 30th ranked offense. (we only needed a WR and TE which we got, the TEs arent great, but there something)

we were doomed by years of giving contracts to guys like Tripplett, Schobel, Kelsay, Peerless Price, Tutan Reyes, etc who don't earn them on the field. (defintley true, but we have stopped, Stroud and Mitchell didnt cost much)

we were really doomed when Jason Peters started holding out. (thats Peters problem)

Losing a preseason game isn't the reason why are doomed- it's just an on-the-field demonstration of why we are doomed.