• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills Positional Breakdown After Skins Game

First, I didn't want to talk about it publicly but I was recently tabbed by scout.com to cover the Buffalo Bills this year.

For a first peice, I was told to break down the Bills/Redskins game by position. I do so and the article was up on Scout.com this morning. What I didn't know is that it is a premium access article and subcribers have to pay for scout.com info (I think that's BS)
    Stay up to date with all the Buffalo Bills football news, free agency, NFL draft, and more at 247Sports.com

So anyway. I took the peice and stuck it up on my Fox Sports.com blog. I made sure I get to retain publishing rights for my stuff (and I do)

Here is the peice reprinted on my blog. Nothing groundbreaking, but hopefully most people find it somewhat insightful.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • feelthepain
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Bills Positional Breakdown After Skins Game

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    First, I didn't want to talk about it publicly but I was recently tabbed by scout.com to cover the Buffalo Bills this year.

For a first peice, I was told to break down the Bills/Redskins game by position. I do so and the article was up on Scout.com this morning. What I didn't know is that it is a premium access article and subcribers have to pay for scout.com info (I think that's BS)
    Stay up to date with all the Buffalo Bills football news, free agency, NFL draft, and more at 247Sports.com

So anyway. I took the peice and stuck it up on my Fox Sports.com blog. I made sure I get to retain publishing rights for my stuff (and I do)

Here is the peice reprinted on my blog. Nothing groundbreaking, but hopefully most people find it somewhat insightful.
    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs..._Loss_To_Skins
    Well I know for a fact just because you're reporting for a publication doesn't mean you have to be unbias.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I never said I had to be unbiased..

I won't be. But I never said I had to be either.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Thanks Pat. Nice job, I think. I had a lot going on. You filled in some gaps.

Gez man, you would sell your kids?
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Nice job, Pat. I see you have an editor to check you for spelling errors though.

I was surprised to see Duke Preston do a couple of good things in the game when he was in at center.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            I never said I had to be unbiased..

I won't be. But I never said I had to be either.
            Have you every read a reporters stuff and said to yourself, "what a waste of time that was" cause you know for a fact his opinion was Bias? I would suggest if you are going to get the chance to write for a major publication you leave the Bias out. People will respect your work much more if your honest, then they will if you lie simply because you're not mature enough to write a solid truthful report. You may not be a fan favorite at first, but reamin constant and fans will repsect your opinion good or bad.

OP may not be a favorite here, but he's honest, at least about the Bills. He doesn't like to sugarcoat anything simply to make everyone happy and for that he gets a lot of grief. The things he says are honest and are loaded with facts, it angers Bill fans, but nothing he reports is a lie. It's as close to honest as you can get. I'm not saying this because I agree with him most of the time and most fans here don't. I say this because he wants the Bills to win as bad as any Bill fan on this site and it kills him to have to post the way he does, but his integrity won't allow him to post any other way. That should be you philosphy, being a reporter isn't about being popular, it's about reporting the facts and truths, no matter how much you may dislike it or love it.

Comment

Working...
            X