Wow. You guys take this stuff seriously...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Wow. You guys take this stuff seriously...

I can't believe the drama that goes on over a pre-season game. It isn't even a game, it is an exhibition.

Do you guys realize it is a glorified practice? There are no conclusions to be drawn from a preseason game. None whatsoever. The only thing that matters is coming through them healthy.

There is zero correlation between a preseason game and regular season success or failure. Zero. That is a proven fact. If you don't believe that, try not to watch the game, because you are going to cause yourself excess anxiety.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Wow. You guys take this stuff seriously...

I guess there is no drama on the Pats board?

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

I have to agree with NE39. Certain posters that are constantly negative are just in their glory now crying like a little school girl about about everything, how they will go 6-10 and how the season is over and they are working on the draft already. All from the most insignificant game on the schedule. You can't help but laugh at these posters.

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

I am whipping up a nice ignore list
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• cocamide
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by NE39
          I can't believe the drama that goes on over a pre-season game. It isn't even a game, it is an exhibition.

Do you guys realize it is a glorified practice? There are no conclusions to be drawn from a preseason game. None whatsoever. The only thing that matters is coming through them healthy.

There is zero correlation between a preseason game and regular season success or failure. Zero. That is a proven fact. If you don't believe that, try not to watch the game, because you are going to cause yourself excess anxiety.
          Although I completely agree with you, our situations are completely different. We haven't had success in nearly a decade, so a strong showing from our first team O would have given us some hope. Instead, we see the same crap we've seen the last couple years. Pretty solid special teams that sets us up with good field position. An O that can never take advantage of that field position. And a defense that plays OK, but can't stop the run, and rarely makes a play when one is absolutely needed (4th and 1 on the goal line).

Like I said, I agree that people are completely overreacting, but it would've been nice to see something a little different in this first outing. But, I'm not going to worry too much and just see what happens next week.

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

Sure, it would have been nicer if they played better but it would have been equally as meaningless.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

For the most part, I agree with you, NE. The score is meaningless ans is whether you win or lose. Sloppy play is relatively meaninless in the first preaseason game, though by the time you get to the third you hope to see better execution.

What one hopes to see in preseason games is younger players who can make plays. In that respect there were some bright spots in the game with Hardy's TD and McKelvin's returns. Reggie Corner looks like he belongs on an NFL team. There wasn't much else from a fan's perspective. Presumably, the team got some film that will help players see what they are doing and fix problems.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by cocamide
                Although I completely agree with you, our situations are completely different. We haven't had success in nearly a decade, so a strong showing from our first team O would have given us some hope. Instead, we see the same crap we've seen the last couple years. Pretty solid special teams that sets us up with good field position. An O that can never take advantage of that field position. And a defense that plays OK, but can't stop the run, and rarely makes a play when one is absolutely needed (4th and 1 on the goal line).

Like I said, I agree that people are completely overreacting, but it would've been nice to see something a little different in this first outing. But, I'm not going to worry too much and just see what happens next week.
                Agreed.

Comment

• Confused
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jun 2007

We got alot of practices to hammer out the kinks. Peters will, sooner or later show up, the offense will click and we can get on with this wild card playoff berth bussiness. I'm not sweating. For the most part the zone has been pretty entertaining today.

Comment

• Confused
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jun 2007

no crap, oaf you left the user title. how funny.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Sorry, but we couldn't punch the ball in and we couldn't stop the run.

We saw the exact same thing last year and everyone explained it away to a meaningless pre-season. We saw how that turned out.

I think you are a good poster but your advice is like Bill Gates giving advice to a homeless person.

The Bills have alot to prove, the Patriots don't.

The pre-season is meanlingless when you are the most successful team of the decade. I used to feel the same way in the early 90s.

Comment

• evol4276
                        • Oct 2005

lmao basically. i sometimes wonder how some survive their days with anything else that happens?

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

We need a center. For the love of God....
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                            I guess there is no drama on the Pats board?
                            I suppose you have a point. Fans are fans. But, the level of drama that goes on around here is astounding at times.

It approaches what I've seen over the years from Red Sox fans, who are the most tortured drama queens of them all. I mean, seriously, some of you are turning into the pink-hat brigade. Do you want that?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

I agree with you bro

Comment

Working...
                              X