PDA

View Full Version : RockStar's Power Rankings

shelby
08-11-2008, 10:36 AM
After week one of preseason action....enjoy.

Preseason Week One Power Rankings (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/08/11/billszone_power_rankings_2009_preseason_week_1.php)

It's still hard to judge teams during the pre-season, but sometimes teams show enough to warrant some type of movement before the real season kicks off in September. I tried to follow as much action as I could in the first full weekend of pre-season action, but I'm sure I missed a thing or two during all those games.

1. New England Patriots (2): I don’t think the Patriots showed a whole lot in their first pre-season game to jump to number two, but the Giants showed me enough that they deserved a drop. I don’t expect much out of New England in the pre-season anyway, considering that most of the big stars rest before the games start to count.

2. New York Giants (1): I realize it’s only pre-season, so I’m being nice by only dropping the defending Super Bowl champs one spot, but Eli Manning didn’t look like the same guy who led the Giants to the title a few months ago.

3. Indianapolis Colts (3): The Colts are easily the worst pre-season team I’ve seen in recent history. I wish I could bet on pre-season games because I would bet the house against these guys every time.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars (4): Jacksonville’s defense looked solid for the first few drives, holding Chris Redman and Atlanta and forcing an interception. They left a little more to be desired once rookie Matt Ryan took the field, but I’m sure that will be corrected in time for Week 1.

5. Dallas Cowboys (5): The Dallas offense appeared to pick up where they left off…last regular season before giving way to the second string players. The game between them and San Diego probably would’ve been a great one in the regular season.

Ebenezer
08-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Remember, the Bills are easily 32nd on that list...better yet, they should be ranked behind USC.

DraftBoy
08-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Solid list...

Considering USC has about 10-13 first rounders on their roster they could give the Bills a really good game.

RockStar36
08-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I tried my best. I didn't see all the games so I had to use my instincts on most. It will be much easier/better once the season starts.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 12:02 PM
After week one of preseason action....enjoy.

Preseason Week One Power Rankings (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/08/11/billszone_power_rankings_2009_preseason_week_1.php)

Doesnt realy have to do with your post but. Your mom was pretty.

HAMMER
08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Nice of you to do this but you must have a lot of time on your hands to bother with rankings after a preseason game.

hydro
08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Doesnt realy have to do with your post but. Your mom was pretty.

:huh:

User Manuel
08-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Remember, the Bills are easily 32nd on that list...better yet, they should be ranked behind USC.

I'd 42
33 Tulane (Hey they DONT have JP)
34 Boise State
35 Notre Dame
36 Oklahoma
37 UB, the best team in Buffalo, Drew Willy best QB in Buffalo
38 Michigan
39 Ohio U. Hey their Guard won 250,000 in the mega millions, thats a good week by any measure
40 The Ohio State
41 Baltimore Colts (sure they don't exist anymore, but Unitas is still better. etc .....)

Actually, I have decided that the Bills are barely above my sons 90lb Airlanes Destroyers and then it is a coin flip. I'll be surprised if Canada lets them in.

mybills
08-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I saw most of them.
NE "needs" Brady. People shouldn't complain that we have JP as a back up. :phew:
SD played effortlessly..or Dallas just made them look like that.
I agree on the Giants & Jags.

RockStar36
08-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Nice of you to do this but you must have a lot of time on your hands to bother with rankings after a preseason game.

It's an extremely slow day at work.

Mitchell55
08-11-2008, 01:49 PM
:huh:

The avatar pic. I never saw it.